Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2011, 17:04   #181
BHPian

Re: My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project

another picture of the car with some few parts, got a car-bow, felt lie sharing with some like minded people out here !
Attached Thumbnails
My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-tb30.jpg  

inderpalgill is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2011, 17:40   #182
Senior - BHPian

Amazing collection of parts sir, I thought you are a bettle fan but I never knew you are so badly bitten by this bug! Car looks very neat, I admire your love and appreciate your time, money spent on them. One Final time please take all your beetles to a open ground or a playground and take some pictures together and then I don't mind diying peacefully looking at them.
Old 2nd July 2011, 16:07   #183
BHPian

@ Chanu ji thanks again here are some more pics of the updates, the visor is on the car and looks nice to me what are your views, very few people here comment on my thread, dont know why,pls do
Attached Thumbnails
My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-img2011070103048.jpg  

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-img2011070103049.jpg  

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-img2011070103050.jpg  

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-img2011070103052.jpg  

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-img2011070103055.jpg  

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-img2011070203059.jpg  

Old 2nd July 2011, 16:53   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inderpalgill View Post
very few people here comment on my thread, dont know why,pls do
Thats because you are doing a very good job..Anyways Buddy again I personally think you should revert to the classic rims. I like the visor is it plexiglass? reminds me of a sunvisor that all Japanese golfers use
Old 2nd July 2011, 17:06   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Thats because you are doing a very good job..Anyways Buddy again I personally think you should revert to the classic rims. I like the visor is it plexiglass? reminds me of a sunvisor that all Japanese golfers use
Sir, thanks for the appreciation felt really nice, even iam absolutely against the alloys, i have used them as i had them as spare and for the time i get the correct tyres for the car, iam hunting white walls or white line/band tyres,lets see when will i be lucky to lay my hands on a good set,pls help if you have any source with ready stcock,i got a good set by hankook for my merc last year in 14 inch,just 3k per tyre, my rims are ready and waiting for the tyres, i painted the rims with the body paint code combination and a golden line in the white portion to give an effect in addition,actually i have been copying the golden line idea from a car i saw during my visit to germany in 2008,i am sharing a pic here,the wheel caps are new and have the same golden effect,again-pls comment-and suggest
Attached Thumbnails
My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-swel.jpg  

Old 13th July 2011, 12:51   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Amazing collection of parts sir, I thought you are a bettle fan but I never knew you are so badly bitten by this bug! Car looks very neat, I admire your love and appreciate your time, money spent on them. One Final time please take all your beetles to a open ground or a playground and take some pictures together and then I don't mind diying peacefully looking at them.
thanks for the appreciation, iam now ready with my new mega garage,that can accommodate a good number of cars,in a row, will start the arrangement of cars and hope all is set by the week end so the pic will come here soon,i have kept natural light and some what ventilation in mind,in order to keep the dust away from the cars.thanks again
Old 19th July 2011, 12:34   #187
BHPian

Quote:
thanks for the appreciation, iam now ready with my new mega garage,that can accommodate a good number of cars,in a row, will start the arrangement of cars and hope all is set by the week end so the pic will come here soon,i have kept natural light and some what ventilation in mind,in order to keep the dust away from the cars.thanks again
i recieved a pair of indicator assemblies made by hella,it reads "HELLA Made in N Zealand" iam not sure is it original or replica, but the quality looks very original,no rough plastic ends ,the shine is superb and so are the internal parts, moreover i love them as they are a gift from a distant friend,so no need to worry about original or what i guess, they looks imply awesome and different i have seen only in some google images before,what you all comment.
Attached Thumbnails
My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-img2011071600047.jpg  

Old 19th July 2011, 12:53   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
i recieved a pair of indicator assemblies made by hella,it reads "HELLA Made in N Zealand" iam not sure is it original or replica, but the quality looks very original,no rough plastic ends ,the shine is superb and so are the internal parts, moreover i love them as they are a gift from a distant friend,so no need to worry about original or what i guess, they looks imply awesome and different i have seen only in some google images before,what you all comment.
Yes, that is indeed a rare item you sourced. Note the design of the lens - it bulges out more than usual. They are quite sought after in the fraternity.
Old 19th July 2011, 13:19   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Yes, that is indeed a rare item you sourced. Note the design of the lens - it bulges out more than usual. They are quite sought after in the fraternity.
so what do you suggest-are they originally made by hella and for the beetle too as the friend who gifted me told me that they are very rare ones and seen in australian/n zealand beetles,again the fit and finish looks like original/genuine hella, as we can easily differentiate original and replicas.will fit on the car by evening and share a picture soon,and here is the pic i saw on the net
Attached Thumbnails
My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-image.jpg  

Old 19th July 2011, 14:15   #190
BHPian

Quote:
so what do you suggest-are they originally made by hella and for the beetle too as the friend who gifted me told me that they are very rare ones and seen in australian/n zealand beetles
They are definitely OE Hella for the Beetle. As per my research these came on German made export model Beetles for certain countries only. May have been a result of certain regulations on car lighting in those destination countries. Not sure of the list of countries though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Yes, since these weren't made in large numbers they command a much higher price (upto 2 times the cost of the usual slender lenses) when they come to market.

IMO, It would be a very nice period-correct oddity for your Bug.
Old 19th July 2011, 15:56   #191
BHPian

My apologies for hijacking the thread! But I could not resist adding some more info on non-standard lighting on VWs.

The VW Beetle in Italy had a dual-colour Hella indicator lens, as shown below.

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-italy.jpg

VW in Italy is also known for another famous oddity : A Super Beetle powered by the 1200cc engine !! Apparently this was to satisfy a law of the land which would make the Super Beetle eligible for tax exemption. But anyhow, that's a different story.

Hella also offered a range of accessory light fittings for the Beetle. One of them was the long and slender type of fender indicator, shown below.

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-long.jpg

Another odd bit of lighting is this rear tail lamp lens. I'm told that this was also meant for an export model to a particular country, but my information on this is sketchy, so it could just as easily be an aftermarket accessory as well. Appreciate it if somebody can confirm.

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-withtheextraroundreflector.jpg

Another interesting bit of news is that Hella will be providing all light fitments for the New Beetle from the 2012 model year onwards, reopening a new chapter in the age old collaboration between the two companies.
thebulletboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 16:11   #192
BHPian

Quote:
i yesterday completed the new garage and took a whole day for 3 of us to wash off the building materials and waste materials etc, today i sorted the cars, it may need a reshuffle for a proper arrangements, but i was in a hurry as it took more than a month and some of my truely loved ones were out in the open( although covered) but i was very cruel to them so cudnt afford another rain shower,will be washing one or two a day but the reunion of the family was done, here are some pics of some cars and bikes during a routine wash and the garage during arrangement -As promised
Attached Thumbnails
My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-img2011071800077.jpg  

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-img2011071800078.jpg  

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-img2011071800080.jpg  

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-img2011071800081.jpg  

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-img2011071800082.jpg  

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-img2011071800085.jpg  

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-img2011071900089.jpg  

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-img2011071900092.jpg  

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-img2011071900095.jpg  

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-img2011071900096.jpg  

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-img2011071900097.jpg  

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-img2011071900100.jpg  

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-img2011071900102.jpg  

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-img2011071900103.jpg  

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-img2011071900104.jpg  

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-img2011071900105.jpg  

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-img2011071900106.jpg  

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-img2011071900107.jpg  

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-img2011071900108.jpg  

Attached Images

inderpalgill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 16:24   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebulletboy View Post
My apologies for hijacking the thread! But I could not resist adding some more info on non-standard lighting on VWs.

The VW Beetle in Italy had a dual-colour Hella indicator lens, as shown below.

Attachment 579425

VW in Italy is also known for another famous oddity : A Super Beetle powered by the 1200cc engine !! Apparently this was to satisfy a law of the land which would make the Super Beetle eligible for tax exemption. But anyhow, that's a different story.

Hella also offered a range of accessory light fittings for the Beetle. One of them was the long and slender type of fender indicator, shown below.

Attachment 579426

Another odd bit of lighting is this rear tail lamp lens. I'm told that this was also meant for an export model to a particular country, but my information on this is sketchy, so it could just as easily be an aftermarket accessory as well. Appreciate it if somebody can confirm.

Attachment 579427

Another interesting bit of news is that Hella will be providing all light fitments for the New Beetle from the 2012 model year onwards, reopening a new chapter in the age old collaboration between the two companies.
wonderfull-this sounds really great the pictures indeed add to the information, but as i can see ,keeping the long ones aside the rest two ones have the same shape just the colours of the lens is dual and diffrent and as the ones i got have alltogether didderent shaped lens and cover(the fitting below-on the fender is although the same),iam happy to know from you that i got a genuine stuff not a smartly made replicas NOS-so can you also throw some more ight on what models did such indicators came-if iam may not be wrong, they cudnt be on German models as it should be made in Germany then? but the lens reads made in N.Zealand
Old 19th July 2011, 16:27   #194
BHPian

Quote:
i yesterday completed the new garage and took a whole day for 3 of us to wash off the building materials and waste materials etc, today i sorted the cars, it may need a reshuffle for a proper arrangements, but i was in a hurry as it took more than a month and some of my truely loved ones were out in the open( although covered) but i was very cruel to them so cudnt afford another rain shower,will be washing one or two a day but the reunion of the family was done, here are some pics of some cars and bikes during a routine wash and the garage during arrangement -As promised
WOW! WOW! WOW! Lovely collection... Mesmerized .
rajchetan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 16:55   #195
BHPian

Simply wonderful collection Inderpalji.. And the way you are caring for them is just superb..

Priyadarshan
priyadarshan.b is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks