Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2011, 12:08   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project

Quote:
Originally Posted by inderpalgill View Post
Thanks so some more goodies added to the pillars,i had 3 hub caps spare ,as a very good friend 67 Bug here helped me to source a set of 4 hub caps for my Toyota corona,i used one and 3 were lying spare,they will now add to the image of the garage-here are two pics to share with you all
The hub caps really add up the looks. I love them. How ever do hang up some battered used ones too. Those will further enhance the feel.

Also to enhance your collection, how about adding some vintage advert. signs (those ceramic coated ones) to add to the wow factor.
Old 28th July 2011, 13:25   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
The hub caps really add up the looks. I love them. How ever do hang up some battered used ones too. Those will further enhance the feel.

Also to enhance your collection, how about adding some vintage advert. signs (those ceramic coated ones) to add to the wow factor.
Sir ,the vintage advert. signs (those ceramic coated ones) is a wonder full idea,in fact iam searching for such stuff and do not have them in hand,all iam putting on walls is the stuff in hand, i will appreciate if you in fact all of you, please keep an eye for such things,which you feel can look good in the garage,i will be greatfull for the help and will obviously love such gifts-although i will pay for them,will be a contribution-a real contribution.
Old 28th July 2011, 13:36   #228
Senior - BHPian

Sir how about some old cars grilles, steering wheels etc to add up to the nostalgic feel apart from the pictures and hub caps. You can also get some soft cloth covers for the non-regular ones to avoid dust thought I see you getting the babes cleaned on regular basis. If you were in our town then our clubs meet would be in you wonderful garage a perfect place to run the show. I wish I will be having my on 1 acre garage one day.
Old 28th July 2011, 17:14   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Sir how about some old cars grilles, steering wheels etc to add up to the nostalgic feel apart from the pictures and hub caps. You can also get some soft cloth covers for the non-regular ones to avoid dust thought I see you getting the babes cleaned on regular basis. If you were in our town then our clubs meet would be in you wonderful garage a perfect place to run the show. I wish I will be having my on 1 acre garage one day.
hi, that will be awonder full idea indeed, but again as i mentioned iam hunting for the stuff like grilles etc,and mean time i today handed over to my painter a bonnet that i had as spare, iam planning to paint the same in pearl white same paint as of the herbie and then correct size/font decals and strips of 53-the herbie theme,the bonnet when ready with the herbie feel,and the bumper(that too in stock) with correct herbie plate ,i plan to moint on the wall where beetles are lined up-so mean time requst all friends here to help me find grilles etc-i will pay for them
Old 28th July 2011, 19:54   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi, that will be awonder full idea indeed, but again as i mentioned iam hunting for the stuff like grilles etc,and mean time i today handed over to my painter a bonnet that i had as spare, iam planning to paint the same in pearl white same paint as of the herbie and then correct size/font decals and strips of 53-the herbie theme,the bonnet when ready with the herbie feel,and the bumper(that too in stock) with correct herbie plate ,i plan to moint on the wall where beetles are lined up-so mean time requst all friends here to help me find grilles etc-i will pay for them
'Herbie' idea is cool, and regarding the grille you need not fight for the really old ones if found well but you can also go for Amby Mark II grille, Fiat grille etc. I saw a 60's Mercedes Benz grill all original lying with a scrapyard guy which I wanted to buy to decorate my room but he is coating 6000/- so left it.
Attached Thumbnails
My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-merc.jpg  

chanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2011, 18:14   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
'Herbie' idea is cool, and regarding the grille you need not fight for the really old ones if found well but you can also go for Amby Mark II grille, Fiat grille etc. I saw a 60's Mercedes Benz grill all original lying with a scrapyard guy which I wanted to buy to decorate my room but he is coating 6000/- so left it.
I would be interested, as I have a 1956 car. Can you photgraph it? There were lot of variations from 1956-62.thanks
Old 29th July 2011, 19:07   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole

I would be interested, as I have a 1956 car. Can you photgraph it? There were lot of variations from 1956-62.thanks
Please post snap of you 1956 car
Old 29th July 2011, 20:26   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Let me try when I go next time, he is a greedy old guy not sure will oblige but for you will try. I remember his son mentioning that he's got the bumpers as well, I will find out about them also.
chanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2011, 12:53   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Let me try when I go next time, he is a greedy old guy not sure will oblige but for you will try. I remember his son mentioning that he's got the bumpers as well, I will find out about them also.

I want the bumpers! Provided of course they are not the fat type. Amol, please leave out the bumper for me, as mine are in bad condition

Regards
Prithvi
Old 30th July 2011, 13:15   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbz180 View Post
I want the bumpers! Provided of course they are not the fat type. Amol, please leave out the bumper for me, as mine are in bad condition

Regards
Prithvi
every one around here seems to be jumping on the stock -ha ha,i need this, i need that, pls leave some thing for a poor fellow like me-ha ha,i need a petrol engine 4 cyl or 6 cyl with aluminium tappet cover for my 71 w114,pls keep in mind,it will be a help,and off course any thing for the walls is most welcomed
Old 30th July 2011, 18:25   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Boss I wait for news from the greedy old man in anticipation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli View Post
Please post snap of you 1956 car
AARe kasli, you have so many pics of my car with you.
Old 5th August 2011, 15:57   #237
BHPian

so coming back to the 61 beetle news-all is set and can say the restoration allmost complete, hence all ready for a long drive -approx 31 kms and back taking 2 beetles 61 and 71 super on sunday-i pray for a lovely weather on sunday,this will add to the fun,hot days ruin a drive in non a/c cars.
Old 8th August 2011, 14:15   #238
BHPian

hello friends , yesterday i mean 7th august being sunday we left home at 6am for a Sunday morning long drive , me and my dad, he drove the 71 super beetle and i was in the recently done 61 sedan,we went to a beautiful canal side the spot discovered yesterday only .Approx 32 kms one way and then back by 11 am, as it was getting hot as the day was rising, we had a nice time with the beetles,discussing them and their beauty of engineering over some cups of tea and later some mangoes from our picnic basket,here are some pics to share
Attached Thumbnails
My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-dsc07057.jpg  

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-dsc07058.jpg  

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-dsc07087.jpg  

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-dsc07089.jpg  

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-dsc07098.jpg  

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-dsc07099.jpg  

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-dsc07111.jpg  

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-dsc07112.jpg  

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-dsc07115.jpg  

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-dsc07131.jpg  

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-dsc07132.jpg  

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-dsc07134.jpg  

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-dsc07135.jpg  

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-dsc07136.jpg  

My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project-dsc07137.jpg  

Attached Images

inderpalgill is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 16:01   #239
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic Pictures !! Superb

Cheers

Quote:
hello friends , yesterday i mean 7th august being sunday we left home at 6am for a Sunday morning long drive , me and my dad, he drove the 71 super beetle and i was in the recently done 61 sedan,we went to a beautiful canal side the spot discovered yesterday only .Approx 32 kms one way and then back by 11 am, as it was getting hot as the day was rising, we had a nice time with the beetles,discussing them and their beauty of engineering over some cups of tea and later some mangoes from our picnic basket,here are some pics to share
kasli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 16:40   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Wonderful cars and great photographs

Cheers AK
adkol is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks