Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2015, 14:06   #1666

Re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
This query is from my cousin who is going to get his first bike soon. He is from kerala and have an option of getting LS2, THH and may be TIH branded lids - his budget is maxxed out at 3k. Which one will be a better choice from these brands?

--Anoop
The build quality of THH/TIH is not that good. I would suggest to refrain from it.
AkshayA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2015, 20:39   #1667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Could someone please recommend a rubbing compound to buff up the helmet face shield / visor
A rubbing compound is used to shine surfaces which have become dull due to the effects of the sun, weather etc. It comprises of various materials with are abrasive and actually take a thin layer of the paint off the surface for it to look renewed and fresh.

Rubbing compound is actually the last thing you should be using on a helmet visor as the abrasives in the compound will make the visor close to opaque. What you need is a microfibre cloth and diluted detergent to clean the visor. thats going to take the dirt off and not adversely effect the transparency of the visor.
Old 28th February 2015, 18:51   #1668
BHPian

Hello fellow BHPians,

Does anyone have any information about Helmets sold by Nitrinos? They manufacture the Predator Helmets, which ofcourse I am completely in love with.

However there is one issue regarding the same, I was able to find only one dealer in India for these helmets, which is SBK in Bhubaneshwar.They have an online store for purchasing these helmets.
After checking out the helmet alongwith Additions(accessories) to the helmet the cost of the Helmet is working out to be around 86K(76K+10K Taxes)

Having checked this out I decided to drop in an email to the guys at SBK. They informed me that the taxes levied are around 10K, which are for VAT.
Does anyone know why the VAT amount is so high? I agree the helmet is Imported, but 10K for VAT?

I checked up the same helmet with the same configuration of accessories on the Nitrinos website. The total cost in INR works out to about 75K(this is inclusive of the shipping charges)
If I go ahead and order from them(The manufacturer-Nitrinos), online ofcourse , upon payment for my order, and dispatch of the same will I have to pay any extra charges once the Helmet arrives in India?(Customs etc?)

Could someone advise me on the above? Also if anyone knows of any other dealer who is Selling these Predator Helmets manufactured only by Nitrinos in India? Or preferably in and around Pune?

Cheers

Artem
Old 1st March 2015, 15:17   #1669
Senior - BHPian

Anyone using a THH open face helmet? Planning to get one for city riding.
Old 1st March 2015, 15:59   #1670
BHPian

Guys, need to buy a full face helmet which will fit in the under-seat storage space of scooters (Activa, Access, Gusto etc.). Budget is up to Rs. 1500 which can be increased a bit. Will mainly use it for city riding and highway usage will be minimal. Recommendations please.
Old 2nd March 2015, 02:39   #1671
BHPian

Finally after owning Daijya, Sparx, Cross and AGV(Indian made fro RE) I now have entered the league of premium helmets.

Ordered for myself an AGV K3 Wake Up Rossi edition helmet from bikegear.in at a price of 15,500INR. Expecting to get the helmet delivered to my doorstep by 20th March. coming all the way from Italy makes it even more special for me

Also got a Bell RS-1 Emblem at a ground breaking price of 210$ ~ 13,500INR from STG USA. Its with a friend right now. Waiting to find someone who can carry it down for me
Old 5th March 2015, 22:20   #1672
vcx
BHPian

I am very happy to mention that the choice of helmets in the budget worked very well for me, I bought MT revenge Limited EVO full face & Bell Custom 500 open face.

Must says highly rated for safety and the quality shows.

MT costed me Rs.5500/-
Bell Rs.6500/-( sourced from US)

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-imageuploadedbyteambhp1425574010.720763.jpgWhich Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-imageuploadedbyteambhp1425574039.026605.jpgWhich Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-imageuploadedbyteambhp1425574105.406172.jpgWhich Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-imageuploadedbyteambhp1425574142.718835.jpg
Old 6th March 2015, 19:58   #1673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayhonda View Post
Ordered for myself an AGV K3 Wake Up Rossi edition helmet from bikegear.in at a price of 15,500INR.
Congratulations Akshay on your new acquisitions!

Did you get the AGV at a further discount to what is mentioned on the website? I am getting all K3 models showing a price of INR 18,750.00 after discount on the site.

Please clarify and also let us know your experience with bikegear.in

Thanks!

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2015, 01:39   #1674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Congratulations Akshay on your new acquisitions!

Did you get the AGV at a further discount to what is mentioned on the website? I am getting all K3 models showing a price of INR 18,750.00 after discount on the site.

Please clarify and also let us know your experience with bikegear.in

Thanks!

Cheers
Thanks Cyborg. Awaiting helmets arrival now.

I being their old customer got the helmet at that price. Are you interested in getting one? I can help you with that at the price I got. Do let me know
Old 7th March 2015, 14:46   #1675

Here's my bit on purchasing a helmet:

a) Helmet Type: Get a full face helmet. It offers maximum protection. Open face and modular helmets may be convenient but are not as secure.

b) Sizing: Have the rider try out the helmet before buying. The helmet should be quite tight (tight enough to press the cheeks up a little). Move the head from side to side to see if the helmet wobbles. If the helmet wobbles, get a smaller helmet. If you are buying one for your brother or husband, take him to the shop and have him try it out first.

c) Rating: Ensure that the helmet is atleast DOT certified helmet. ECE is better. Snell is great. Somebody I know broke an ISI rated helmet with his bare hands, once.

d) Budget: Avoid limiting the budget for a helmet. It's your head afterall.., and the most critical part to protect. MT, LS2 are a couple of good helmet brands which cost about 5k. AGVs are great but cost upwards of 15k typically. I personally use a Scorpion.

e) Weight: Lighter the better because they're easier on the neck. However, heaviness is an indication of the amount of protection. Again, go with the rating.

f) Ventilation: Given our country's weather, good ventilation makes the ride that much comfortable. This significance of this is more for long rides.

The above points are basic guidelines.

There are other factors such as anti microbial material (which prevents the sweat from causing skin conditions), strap, visor color, anti-fog visor, etc. which play a role in determining which helmet you should pick up.

Hope this helps.
EasyRider78 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2015, 14:52   #1676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I being their old customer got the helmet at that price. Are you interested in getting one? I can help you with that at the price I got. Do let me know
Thanks Akshay. I will seek your help when I am ready for a purchase.

Since you are a repeat customer of bikegear.in, would it be safe to say you are happy with the authenticity of their product/s and sales/after sales?

The sales person (on the chat) said they do not exchange helmets for any size issues/incorrect fit for all sales in India. Would your influence help for an exchange if required too?

Cheers
Old 7th March 2015, 14:58   #1677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Thanks Akshay. I will seek your help when I am ready for a purchase.

Since you are a repeat customer of bikegear.in, would it be safe to say you are happy with the authenticity of their product/s and sales/after sales?

The sales person (on the chat) said they do not exchange helmets for any size issues/incorrect fit for all sales in India. Would your influence help for an exchange if required too?

Cheers
Yes they sell real and authentic products. No fake stuff.

About exchange I will have to ask the guys at bikegear.
Old 7th March 2015, 17:33   #1678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
About exchange I will have to ask the guys at bikegear.
There is an element of risk buying a helmet online because of the fit and a no exchange policy does not help Do let me know if an exchange would be possible with these guys.

Thanks Akshay!

Cheers
Old 7th March 2015, 21:35   #1679
BHPian

Guys,

Refer to my earlier post on this thread w.r.t Predator Helmets ! I did some research, enquired with the manufacturer regarding these helmets.

You can place you'r order directly with them on their website.

Anyone interested can check out their website :

http://www.graf-x.co.uk/

These are ECE Approved helmets and not DOT approved

The total cost including Shipping will be around 800 GBP

Above price is for the design which I enquired about. The base model is around 600 GBP

Cheers

Artem
Old 15th March 2015, 19:37   #1680
Senior - BHPian

I need a Half/Open face Snell approved Helmet for a Car Rally this weekend. What are my options?.
How much does a Snell approved helmet go for?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks