Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2021, 22:07   #3166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit_a View Post
What trustworthy source(s) would you advise to get one's hands on a genuine LS2 helmet in the current market?
Here is a contact of the LS2 distributor from way back when I had last ordered replacement parts (visors, padding, chin curtain) for my various helmets. I'm not sure if he's still in business or if the contact details are valid. Give it a try and let us know if it works.

Quote:
LS2 Auth Dist Ramesh
Main:70581 07089;
Mobile:020 2635 2350;
roy_libran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 06:55   #3167

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
I'm not sure if he's still in business or if the contact details are valid. Give it a try and let us know if it works.
Oh yes, it's the contract number of Laxmi Automobiles, Pune who seem to be the sole importers of LS2 in India. They're still (very much) in business.
mohit_a is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 08:30   #3168
BHPian

Sharing this video from Revzilla here.

Do we get these brands here in India?
rohitoasis is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 10:05   #3169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshKanna View Post
I got in touch with High Note Performance guys as suggested here and asked about manufacturing date, size and stuff. Since this is my first helmet purchase i have very little idea on these things. Upon measuring my head size it is 58-59 cms in circumference. HNP personnel advised me to go with size L. Also the manufacturing is of March 2020.
I was hunting for gloves to replace my A* SP2 full gauntlets, when the gentleman at AutoQueen, Cochin mentioned that they had just got a brand new batch of Airoh Valor helmets a few days ago. I remembered reading your post and so I checked the date of import and it was February 2021. I didnt think of cross checking the date of manufacture, but Im pretty sure that this is the latest 2021 stock from Italy. Adwaith had ordered a Bell helmet from them recently, just call them and see if the colour scheme you want is available with a 2021 manufacturing / import date.

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-20210304_172339_hdr.jpg

They also received some brand new stocks for the GP550 in 2021 colours, I didnt have time to check that out. The next time I drop by, I will try to get some pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
Sharing this video from Revzilla here.
Do we get these brands here in India?
Yes, we do. However, these specific models may not be available.
neil.jericho is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 21:10   #3170
Distinguished - BHPian

As part of my hunt for new gloves, I stopped by DJ helmets at Changampuzha Park, Cochin, to see what options were available. Earlier, they used to stock riding gear from Rev'it, Via Terra, Rynox, AGV, HJC, Nolan etc. Now they have shifted from the more premium and slow moving offerings to more affordable and fast selling riding gear.

The current helmet line up is mainly
- SMK
- NHK
- Bimola
- Axor / Vega
- LS2
- Some very old HJCs and Nolans etc that are for display and shouldnt be purchased

They have quite a lot of options in SMK, Bimola and NHK in the sub Rs 10,000 range.

They are no longer dealers for Via Terra which is surprising. No more Revvit as well. It looks like they are going all out with Rynox and Planet DSG riding gear. This is the first time that they have taken Planet DSG stuff, to my recollection. As always, the sales guy was friendly and helpful. There were more racks of new helmets but my phone wasnt able to capture the images properly, due to the sun.

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-20210305_171503_hdr.jpg

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-20210305_171434_hdr-1.jpg

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-20210305_171405_hdr.jpg

Last edited by neil.jericho : 5th March 2021 at 21:28.
neil.jericho is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 10:55   #3171

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
. I remembered reading your post and so I checked the date of import and it was February 2021. .

[
Thanks much for the information and pictures. So, further digging in to see if I could find out something else I came across this Fly Racing Revolt FS helmet which is SNELL rated. Has got double d ring as I like. Retails at about the same price as AIROH valor also.

Tried to search in here and bumped upon a post on page 189 in this thread. But no more info on that. What do you guys think about that helmet? Kindly share your views on that.
RajeshKanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 12:06   #3172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks much for the information and pictures. So, further digging in to see if I could find out something else I came across this Fly Racing Revolt FS helmet which is SNELL rated. Has got double d ring as I like. Retails at about the same price as AIROH valor also.

Tried to search in here and bumped upon a post on page 189 in this thread. But no more info on that. What do you guys think about that helmet? Kindly share your views on that.
From what (little) I know about Fly Racing, they are known abroad, more for their off road helmets than their road based ones. The ones that I have seen during my online research over the years, are mostly inexpensive but well put together helmets. I dont know anyone who owns a Fly Racing helmet.

Coming to the Revolt FS, from their site, it looks as though it is only gets SNELL and DOT safety ratings but it misses out on ECE and SHARP certifications. Personally, I always suggest ECE + a 4 / 5 * SHARP rated helmet. To each his own.

Between the Fly Racing helmet and the Airoh Valor, I will always suggest the Airoh.

Quote:
They also received some brand new stocks for the GP550 in 2021 colours, I didnt have time to check that out. The next time I drop by, I will try to get some pictures.
Here are some of the new Airoh GP550 paint schemes. I only wish they didnt have such an affinity for the matte finish on their top of the line helmet range. The same patterns in a glossy finish would be much more attractive to riders like me.

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-20210309_174951_hdr.jpg

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-20210309_174732_hdr.jpg

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-20210309_174523_hdr.jpg

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-20210309_174210_hdr.jpg
neil.jericho is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 21:32   #3173
BHPian

Quote:
You should definitely check out AGV, Bell, Shark and HJC but do make sure to look at the import date. HJCs are likely to be older so your usable life will be down.

Head to Orion Motors opposite Forum Mall. They have the best and widest collection of helmets in Bangalore and are very transparent in their dealings.
Neil,

You were right on the money about Orion and their collection.
I finally picked up AGV K1 Mugello from Orion Motors today, for 19999; import date being Nov 2020. I picked up size L (I measure 59.5), its super-light and shades friendly too (pic from the net)

Name:  K1Milano.png
Views: 2793
Size:  247.4 KB

Haven't ridden much, but compared to my MT Axxis; sounds and vents a lot better.
Thanks a bunch for Your recommendation, buddy.
Regards.
Rocky_Balboa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 10:37   #3174
BHPian

Quote:

Hi, I am one of the few ones who owns a Fly Racing Helmet. My experience has been uneventful thankfully and I have no issues with it as such, it's been 1 1/2 years now. Pros: Ventilation is good, comes with both the smoked visor and clear visor, high speed stability is good; Cons: Heavy, Spares availabilty(Haven't had a chanc to try it out yet but I don't see parts for it anywhere)
CarManMotorcycl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 18:06   #3175
BHPian

I was on the lookout for a good dual-sport / off road helmet. I did buy a Scott Evo plus helmet in red and black colours, ordered online. But for some reason the fit was off, I did not feel comfortable in it at all inspite of walking around inside the house with helmet on my head for a good 20 minutes. Not withstanding the weird faces from my family!.
So, I sold it for a bit less in one of my biking groups.

Then I came across MT Falcon helmets, they had three designs online and the prices were reasonable. The helmets are off road design with a removable peak, D ring fastener, multi-density EPS and were ECE and DOT certified ( albeit DOT does not have much value in my eyes). So I took a chance again with ordering online, with great trepidation. The two other designs were too bright and flashy for my liking and hence I went for a muted matt black and blue.

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img_20210323_172936.jpg

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img_20210323_172943.jpg

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img_20210323_173542.jpg

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img_20210323_173017.jpg

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img_20210323_173002.jpg

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img_20210323_173011.jpg

I did a 30 km ride with it wearing sunglasses and although it felt a bit narrow initially, the helmet felt great further into the ride. Tons of air through, good visibility and felt well balanced and light at 1450 gms. I think this is a keeper.
The interiors have flashy colours liner, but very comfortable for my intermediate oval head. Interested people might want to check out Spartan Pro-gear stores nearby or their online store. I think it retails at INR 6750 or thereabouts.

Cheerio!
alphadog is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 19:35   #3176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
I was on the lookout for a good dual-sport / off road helmet. Then I came across MT Falcon helmets, they had three designs online and the prices were reasonable.
Lovely, I've been eyeing them for a while Seem to be the cheapest decent MX lids around. How was the sizing for you, similar to your existing helmet or had to move up or down?

Have you picked up the MT Goggles as well, or maybe some others? Seem quite reasonably priced, although all seem to be clear versions only.
RiderZone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 19:59   #3177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderZone View Post
Have you picked up the MT Goggles as well, or maybe some others? Seem quite reasonably priced, although all seem to be clear versions only.
They are priced at par with some 100 percent and Scott goggles. I would rather buy the former two. I find the Scott range to be higher quality than 100 percent personally
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 06:13   #3178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderZone View Post
Lovely, I've been eyeing them for a while Seem to be the cheapest decent MX lids around. How was the sizing for you, similar to your existing helmet or had to move up or down?
The helmet is a bit narrow side to side at the jaw level, compared to my other MT helmets, I have had two in the past. It is a bit tight when putting on but,I think it is inherent to the design. It was however, quite comfortable around the cheeks and temple with no pressure points or pinching. On the bike, it felt quite nice and comfortable, the weight is well balanced and it has good airflow. I normally use a size L (59-60 cms) and I stuck with the same with this lid.

I already had a Scott sports MX tinted goggles, so did not get the MT ones. Do look up the Scott online, for some options.

Cheerio!
alphadog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 13:37   #3179
RRR
BHPian

I'm planning to pick "Caberg Drift Evo Carbon Pro" for its carbon shell and affordable price point(~30K). sadly it's not SHARP tested yet, the previous iteration, Drift was SHARP 3 rated, and after reading a lot about the Drift Evo, I'm expecting it to perform better than Drift. Any suggestion? should I consider any other lid in this price range over this? Thanks in Advance.
Old 24th March 2021, 15:51   #3180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
I'm planning to pick "Caberg Drift Evo Carbon Pro" for its carbon shell and affordable price point(~30K).
Getting close to the Scorpion EXO 1400 Carbon price range there. My experience with it over the last 500 kms or so has been absolutely splendid. Ultra light weight, super snug fit, but still somehow comfy with sunglasses. Internal sunvisor, free pinlock and dark visor, Airfit system, it's got quite a few things going for it. Definitely worth considering, check out LABs website for pricing and availability.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks