Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2010, 09:44   #301
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Okay, so I saw a lot of MPA helmets here at Reliance Autozone, Crown Interiorz, Faridabad. But, hey! do the MPA AGV have "MPA AGV" written on the box or is it just MPA? Here, I saw mostly helmets with "MPA" boxes.
Did you ever see MPA AGV helmets at Reliance Autozone if you ever went there?
If my memory is right, it's mostly MPA only !
Old 18th April 2010, 09:48   #302
BHPian

You mean, an AGV helmet made by MPA would have "MPA" written on the box but AGV on the helmet?
I am going to day again, in a couple of hours to get one.

P.S. I might as well audition my HOME THEATER at Croma too. WOW

Last edited by abhipuru16 : 18th April 2010 at 09:49.
Old 18th April 2010, 09:53   #303
BANNED

Quote:
You mean, an AGV helmet made by MPA would have "MPA" written on the box but AGV on the helmet?
I am going to day again, in a couple of hours to get one.

P.S. I might as well audition my HOME THEATER at Croma too. WOW
If I'm right, it's mostly MPA only; both on the helmet & the packaging !
Old 18th April 2010, 10:22   #304
BHPian

Nah, I don't think so, AGV is written on the helmet. Check yogesh sarkar's blog. Google this- "MPA AGV Yogesh Sarkar". His blog will come up where he has pics of his MPA AGV FVS. On the helmet, there's AGV written.
Old 18th April 2010, 11:07   #305
BANNED

Quote:
Nah, I don't think so, AGV is written on the helmet. Check yogesh sarkar's blog. Google this- "MPA AGV Yogesh Sarkar". His blog will come up where he has pics of his MPA AGV FVS. On the helmet, there's AGV written.
Well, that's what I told you in the beginning about my memory !
Old 19th April 2010, 10:53   #306
Senior - BHPian

Finally I picked up a helmet yesterday from Lalbagh road (Ryder helmets next to MTR).

Got myself the LS2 diamond for 3.8k. The guy was quoting 4.2k but i had seen an online price of 3.8k so didnt pay a buck more.

Was initially interested in the Phobia but one look at this and i was bought. Very subtle design, not too loud, elegant and classy at the same time.

The seller was trying to quote high citing its quality but i stood my ground. Rattled off the names of other LS2 brands and he knew i had done my homework and in a matter of few mins the deal was done. Got a "skull cap" free with the helmet.

The lid comes with a clear visor. Not keen on the tinted ones as i dont want to compromise on visibility. For the benefit of the others an extra visor costs around 450 at this shop... bargain hard though, it can be procured for a much lower price.

Took a short spin on my bike (not the ninja yet) last evening. Had to tank up as well. The lid felt a tad heavy but visibility was excellent, the air intakes do their job very well.

Rode to work today with this lid and the vents performed well. With my old ventless helmet i used to have a soaked scalp but with this one, the fresh air flowing thru the vents force the warm air out and my head was cool. No discomfort at all. The lid doesnt feel too heavy also. As a matter of fact I feel very safe. Fits well and looks great too. The helmet carries ECE 22.05 certification (there is a sticker on the helmet) but i double checked on the web for its certification as anyone can make and paste a sticker.

All the inner paddings can be removed and washed. The visor shuts well and does not allow any air to enter so there is no wind noise (tested personally upto 80k's as of now). Does block or reduce the ambient noise so need to be alert while riding. Check out the pics (looks better in person though).
And a big thank you to all the guys for comments and suggestions.

Will pick up the gloves sometime next week. Going for the DSG Revive - full leather with kevlar protection. costs around 2k.
Attached Thumbnails
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-diamond1.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-diamond2.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-diamond3.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-ls2-diamond.jpg  

Old 19th April 2010, 11:28   #307
BHPian

Went to Reliance Autozone Faridabad. They had JUST 1 MPA AGV and that too a display piece. Sad, now I am thinkikng of taking time out to go to Karol Bagh as I am not getting any suggestions for helmet shops in South Delhi.
Old 19th April 2010, 12:10   #308
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
now I am thinkikng of taking time out to go to Karol Bagh as I am not getting any suggestions for helmet shops in South Delhi.
Please go to karolbagh, you shall see a variety over at Mahalaxmi and Chopra

@n_aditya--cool helmet, few days to go before i buy my nth helmet

Last edited by Sheel : 19th April 2010 at 12:13.
Old 20th April 2010, 16:58   #309
Senior - BHPian

Dear friends.

Sorry to barge-in. I have been hunting and hunting for a CHINESE TK-2 helmet, without much help. Can anyone advice as to where can i get one?

TK-2 is basically a scaled-down version, made for motorcycle riding, bu the same company which use to originally manufacture them for Pilots, made by a Chinese compnay.
Old 20th April 2010, 17:36   #310
BHPian

My friend has bought a STUDDS Ninja H3 ,its an awesome helmet with good material used for Just Rs 1300/- only in Bangalore.
I own a STUDDS OLD full face helmet which i bought for Rs 950/- six months back.This is a little heavy where as teh new model Ninja H3 is very light weight and good for long rides.
Old 28th April 2010, 10:47   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
If my memory is right, it's mostly MPA only !
Hello Guys!

Today I came across a shop in Dubai who is stocking MPA AGV Helmets (I think he is bringing it here as "grey market import".

It has only AGV written on it. The selling price is AED 250.00 (INR 3,025.00). Seeing the perplexed look on my face the dealer (I kind of know him) immediately told me that they are made in India by MPA.

MPA makes the AGV mainly for India and the non Japanes far east markets.

The AGV Italian jobs starts from AED 800.00 onwards the middle segment is priced at about AED 1,100.00 (ROE to INR 12.10)

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 29th April 2010, 14:01   #312
BHPian

Guys, how are RJays' Helmets? Are they any good?
Old 1st May 2010, 18:43   #313
BHPian

Guys I picked up a helmet from Delhi and now I don't know if its any good.

The brand name is "Aris",supposedly a French brand.It had an ECE 22.05 sticker on it.But now I am not sure.I guess i was tricked.

I don't know how but I mistook "Aris" for "Arai" which is of course well known.Now im really worried. Here's a link I found of a website selling the same helmet.

Full face Flip up modular helmet Aris www.2rmotoandorre.com

I know its hard for you to say by just looking but let me know your views.
Old 3rd May 2010, 17:09   #314

@Bhasma - Sorry to say this bro but it is a Chinese make. Please see the link below for details.

WHITE MODULAR UP MOTORCYCLE BIKE HELMET M L XL ? WHITE MODULAR -UP MOTORCYCLE BIKE HELMET M L XL
Old 26th May 2010, 15:40   #315
Senior - BHPian

Indian Helmet Brands

Hell All,

While a lot of discussions are going on about various non-indian brands of helmets, I came accross an inspiring site.

You know in Dubai, most of the messenger boys types use a lot of verity of 100 cc bikes and I would say at least 90% of the boys are Indians (legend has it that Indians (Mallus in particular) are the best pathfinders) and most of them use a host of "Indian" branded helmets like Index etc.

Now in Dubai, there is an organisation called the RTA (Road Transports Authority). They are supposed to be the overall traffic managers in Dubai and are supposed to be working to British/European standards in all aspects of their functioning.

They maintain a fleet of Motor Cycle based Recovery Vehicles, which can go in to any jammed situation and tow away the damaged vehicle/s causing the jam.

I was really impressed when I found that the Riders of these recovery bikes are using our own brand "VEGA"

I let the pictures talk!

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Attached Thumbnails
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-honda-recovery.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-honda-recovery-1.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-honda-rec-vega.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-honda-rec-vega1.jpg  

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 26th May 2010 at 15:43.
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed