Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2017, 14:32   #3031
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Are there shops in Mumbai where I can buy waterproof riding boots? I have seen many varieties online but don't want to splash out upwards of 15,000 rupees without trying them on for size. And each brand seems to have it's own sizing. I'm aware of the Alpinestars store at Juhu, but they had a very limited set of shoes - with only 1 pair waterproof.
Any others?
Old 24th July 2017, 14:49   #3032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhadtarapore View Post
Are there shops in Mumbai where I can buy waterproof riding boots? I have seen many varieties online but don't want to splash out upwards of 15,000 rupees without trying them on for size. And each brand seems to have it's own sizing. I'm aware of the Alpinestars store at Juhu, but they had a very limited set of shoes - with only 1 pair waterproof.
Any others?
Here are a few where you can try
1. moto101 Khar West
2. Outdoor Travel Gear store Bandra West
3. Bachoo Motors Tardeo
4. Bay City Speed Shop Marine Lines
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 14:52   #3033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
Here are a few where you can try
1. moto101 Khar West
2. Outdoor Travel Gear store Bandra West
3. Bachoo Motors Tardeo
4. Bay City Speed Shop Marine Lines
Thanks. Tried the Moto101. He didn't have any riding shoes/boots. Will try the rest
Old 25th July 2017, 14:15   #3034
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
I have not used their gloves so no first hand report, but this one obviously will not match TBG Sports gloves quality. On the solace quality I have been using Jacket for 4 months and Riding pant for a month and I vouch for them.

You can try these in 3k budget, again I don't own any of these, I am using TBG sports and pretty happy with it.

https://www.spartanprogear.com/colle...nt=11021069444

http://www.planetdsg.com/dsg-primal-...ck-p-1496.html

http://www.cramster.in/Gloves/TRG2--...d-2812054.html

KK

Thanks for the links! But I was looking for semi-gauntlet gloves. Something more usable for daily commuting and the occassional 600km ride to Bangalore.
Do you use the TBG Sport as a daily? If so, how do they fare/flow?
Old 27th July 2017, 10:38   #3035
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Tried the Moto101. He didn't have any riding shoes/boots. Will try the rest
Drop by at Performance Racing Store as well. They stock some pretty good stuff such as gear and bike parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
Thanks for the links! But I was looking for semi-gauntlet gloves. Something more usable for daily commuting and the occassional 600km ride to Bangalore.
I've been using Rynox gloves for almost a year and very happy with the quality. Do try them out as well.
Old 27th July 2017, 11:18   #3036
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Drop by at Performance Racing Store as well. They stock some pretty good stuff such as gear and bike parts.

I've been using Rynox gloves for almost a year and very happy with the quality. Do try them out as well.
I finally got these: https://store4riders.com/alpinestars...xcr-boots.html

My foot length is 10.5 inches and I got a size 44. Leaves just enough room for the toes to wiggle. Been using them since the last two days in urban traffic. Feet remain absolutely dry (which is a big requirement for me) and they don't roast the feet either. The sole is quite slippery when walking on wet tiles even though the tiles are supposedly anti-skid. Guess they'll be better once broken in properly.
Old 27th July 2017, 14:30   #3037
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well that escalated quickly. From a "not more than 15K" to 23 big ones!

These look like they are great boots. Alpinestars have the best fitting boots IMO. Sidis are good but a bit too narrow

Congrats!
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 14:33   #3038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post

Thanks, will do!
Any particular model in Rynox? Which ones do you use?
Old 28th July 2017, 15:06   #3039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, will do!
Any particular model in Rynox? Which ones do you use?
For Semi-Gauntlets, you can try this:
https://www.spartanprogear.com/produ...nt=11021140100

I've been using them for more than 2 years now. The only damage is to the left thumb because of using the indicators.

Other bits are perfectly intact. I use them daily for around 15km.

That said, I've generally felt that full-gauntlets might be safer considering there is no gap between the jacket and the gloves anywhere.

Any reason why you prefer semis?

(Yes, I had gotten confused between the D390 ownership thread and this thread. )
Old 29th July 2017, 02:36   #3040
Senior - BHPian

The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
For Semi-Gauntlets, you can try this:
https://www.spartanprogear.com/produ...nt=11021140100

That said, I've generally felt that full-gauntlets might be safer considering there is no gap between the jacket and the gloves anywhere.

Any reason why you prefer semis?

(Yes, I had gotten confused between the D390 ownership thread and this thread. )

Thanks for the link. Those gloves look perfect!

And the reason for going with semis is that I think they would be more useable on a daily basis, no? Plus budget constrictions! Spent stupid money on boots :(
Never tried full gauntlet gloves though. Do you think they should be just as easy to daily as semis?

Edit: Just saw the Aspida Ares full gauntlet gloves on the same website and they only cost ₹425 more!
Now I am confused!

Last edited by shyn : 29th July 2017 at 02:42.
Old 29th July 2017, 11:36   #3041
BHPian

Quote:

And the reason for going with semis is that I think they would be more useable on a daily basis, no? Plus budget constrictions! Spent stupid money on boots :(
Never tried full gauntlet gloves though. Do you think they should be just as easy to daily as semis?

Edit: Just saw the Aspida Ares full gauntlet gloves on the same website and they only cost ₹425 more!
Now I am confused!
I dont know if its the case with everybody, the velcro on my Aspida Hades has already lost its grip. Its just 10K kms old.

Gloves like Camster TRG2 have separate straps at the wrist. IMO, it will give a much more snug fit.
Old 29th July 2017, 15:36   #3042
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vignesh_N/A View Post
I dont know if its the case with everybody, the velcro on my Aspida Hades has already lost its grip. Its just 10K kms old.

Gloves like Camster TRG2 have separate straps at the wrist. IMO, it will give a much more snug fit.

Would like to stay as far away from Cramster as possible. Own a pair of their Flux gloves and they are falling apart faster than ever after just 6 months and 9k kms! Maybe its because these are their cheapest gloves.
Any first hand experiences with the TRG2 here?
And what are my other options in the sub-4k segment?
Old 29th July 2017, 17:54   #3043
BHPian

Quote:

Now I am confused!
I'm using the SPG Ares for more than two years now. It's a fairly comfortable glove out of the box. The leather is not hard. Had two minor crashes with it. Still going strong
Old 29th July 2017, 18:15   #3044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The price difference isn't too much, thankfully.

The full gauntlets just come with added protection on the inside of the wrist. I don't think that should any cause any inconvenience.

Also, I like the service of SPG. I recently broke the zipper on my Icarus jacket 2 years after using it daily.

I e-mailed them and they shipped me a new one for no cost at all.
Old 29th July 2017, 18:53   #3045
BHPian

I haven't had a great experience with Cramster either. Picked up their Blaster gloves as the first set of gloves after picking up my bike, and they started falling apart and ripping in six months and about 12k kilometers.

Switched to the Held Sambia (picked up from Biking Spirit) and those are still going very strong after 15 months and 20k kilometers (including a track day for which I'd still recommend full gauntlets).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks