Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2015, 10:19   #2341
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Guys, was recently looking for a riding jacket but faced two major roadblocks. First, they are pricey and my budget kinda tops at 5k (may be another 1k but that even would be a stretch).
And secondly and more important issue is to find a plus sized one in that budget.
Kaushik since you are on a tight budget there are limited choices among the local manufacturers. There is DSG Nero and DSG EVO, I have the latter one which is a mesh jacket and it is a XXL size which fits me perfectly(although you have to replace the back foam protector with a CE certified/approved one). Second option is Cramster Breezer which also comes 2XL and 3XL sizes. Third option is Zeus Arion which is also mesh jacket and comes in 2XL size. All of these mentioned jackets above will suit your budget. Also I am advicing you to go for mesh jacket as they are versatile and suitable for a tropical country like ours.

Happy choosing

Regards,
navin_v8
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 10:34   #2342
Senior - BHPian

Re: Riding Gear in Doha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chida View Post
Never knew there can be discounts in Dianese gears as well

Is there a price difference? I mean riding gears and helmets are actually cheaper or costlier than it is in India?
The Middle East usually has Dainese at a premium. The best bet (even if you live in the middle east) is to get your stuff from their online store - service is pretty pathetic (or non-existent) and shipping is through some vague Italian outfit called Bartolini. Being Italians they ship at leisure and the courier takes its own time - budget a month for delivery if you live in the UAE, for instance. Don't bother writing to them to follow up for orders placed - you will never receive a response. However the stuff you ordered will get to you - eventually.

However, the prices are at least 25%-40% lower than the UAE distributor's.

http://www.dainese.com/we_en/
Steeroid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 13:12   #2343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
Kaushik since you are on a tight budget there are limited choices among the local manufacturers. There is DSG Nero and DSG EVO, I have the latter one which is a mesh jacket and it is a XXL size which fits me perfectly(although you have to replace the back foam protector with a CE certified/approved one). Second option is Cramster Breezer which also comes 2XL and 3XL sizes. Third option is Zeus Arion which is also mesh jacket and comes in 2XL size. All of these mentioned jackets above will suit your budget. Also I am advicing you to go for mesh jacket as they are versatile and suitable for a tropical country like ours.

Happy choosing

Regards,
navin_v8
Thanks Navin for the pointers. I will have a look at the jackets mentioned. Another rider friend also suggested me DSG Nero. BTW, how to replace the back foam protector? Or the dealer themselves can do it? How much extra would that cost?
I'll also have look at the other jackets. Need to find out where the dealers for Cramster and Zeus in Bangalore. I've been to Orion Motors before and tried the Triton Jacket. But it was outside my budget so couldn't buy it. They didn't had stock of other jackets in my size that time.
Regards,
kaushik_s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 13:21   #2344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Navin for the pointers. I will have a look at the jackets mentioned. Another rider friend also suggested me DSG Nero. BTW, how to replace the back foam protector? Or the dealer themselves can do it? How much extra would that cost?
You're most welcome mate. Well the DSG Nero is a full textile jacket and will become hot while riding within the city, it does have vents but they seldomly help while riding in summer. I am suggesting a mesh jacket as they are comfortable and come with winter and rain liners as well (full textile jackets also come with liners). Coming back to the back protector you can buy it from the dealer as an upgrade or from any other authorized shops. For example I bought my DSG EVO jacket from Planet DSG showroom where they did have an option to upgrade the back protector to a CE certified/approved one. The replacement is very easy like plug and play wherein you have to remove the foam protector and slide in the same size CE protector, you can also do it yourself. The cost would be in the range of 1-1.5K but totally worth it.

I am not sure about the stores in Bangalore as I am from Bombay. Riders from Bangalore can help you out.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 14:22   #2345
BHPian

@kaushik_s

I used the Nero throughout the last year in Bangalore, everyday. They are very good IMO for the weather that we have in Bangalore. I am currently using a mesh jacket and it is cooler but the Nero is not unmanageable either. The Nero is very well built. I don't have one loose stitching or any other sort of quality issue with mine. The water-proof character is very good and should keep you mostly dry. The pockets are big, waterproof and useful. The back protector is in a mesh pocket fixed by velcro. Pull the foam off and put the back protector in. 2 mins job. Mesh jacket will have the hassle of rain liners, which would be very often in Bangalore.

Cramster are from Bangalore. There store is in Cunningham road, last time I checked.

Zeus again, an easy brand to find in Bangalore:

BANGALORE

THIRUMALA PITSTOP
#5, Ground Floor, Royal Corner, Richmond,
Lalbagh Road, Double Road Junction.
Bangalore,
Karnataka. 560027.
Phone: 080-40991297, +919845422204
BANGALORE

MOTO STORE & CAFE
#89, Ground floor, 5th Main,
AGS Colony, (near RT Nagar traffic police station)
Anand Nagar, Hebbal, Bangalore,
Karnataka. 560024.
Phone: +91-9986001270
BANGALORE

MOTOARMOR
Arya Hub Mall,Ground Floor,
Hope Farm Junction, Whitefield Bangalore,
Karnataka. 560066.
Phone: +91-9342471425

ADESHWAR AUTO ZONE
52 Golden Zone Square Shop,
Lalbagh Road, ,
Bangalore 560027
Phone: 9740736633

BIKING SPIRIT
#74/3, Prestige Delta,
St. Mark's Road
Bangalore,
Karnataka. 560001.
Phone: 080-41148113, +91-8861010111

Last edited by Sojogator : 20th May 2015 at 14:24.
Sojogator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 16:11   #2346
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, was recently looking for a riding jacket but faced two major roadblocks. First, they are pricey and my budget kinda tops at 5k (may be another 1k but that even would be a stretch).
And secondly and more important issue is to find a plus sized one in that budget. Only jackets that I have seen which comes in XXL/XXXL size are from DSG. I initially thought of SPG Icarus but they don't come in my size (they tops at XL). I can see that DSG Nero or Triton have sizes in plus sizes. Are there any other options in that range?
Check out XTorque in HSR and Lets Gear up again in HSR. They have some good options and gain in the price rate +1K that you are looking for. And these guys can procure the size you are looking for.
Dust_Harl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2015, 12:29   #2347
BHPian

Riders,

I made an impulsive buy, ordered the Joe Rocket Sonic R WP Boots and Icon Compound Mesh long gloves at a closeout deal of $89 and $35 respectively from motorcyclegear.com

Now the long wait starts. Not that I needed them but the value proposition compelled me. My colleague will get them from US of A.

WP boots for the monsoons round the corner.
Mesh gloves for daily use, my all leather Cramster Twister is unbearable in the hot days!

Guys, if you have any review/feedback regarding these products then please share it.

Ohh! I'm too anxious. I'll get these only next month.

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street...oof_boots.html

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street...ng_gloves.html

Boots have to be tall, gloves long!
Old 24th May 2015, 00:09   #2348
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot guys. I'll visit few of the stores and check the jackets.
Two days back went to Moto101 and got a new Helmet (MT Blade Raceline). Asked them about Jacket but they only had Aspida and they were in size XXL(or was it XL, not sure) only and won't fit me properly. But they said that they are getting bigger sized jackets within a week or two. Not sure which brand though.
Old 25th May 2015, 21:34   #2349
Senior - BHPian

Guys I am looking for a riding jacket. I am on a low budget cause I don't really own a super bike(yet) and I am from Kerala so I have no idea if a mesh jacket is what I am looking for. With monsoons on the horizon, I would need something that would provide some protection during rains.

Kindly suggest

Pramod
Old 26th May 2015, 09:16   #2350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Guys I am looking for a riding jacket. I am on a low budget cause I don't really own a super bike(yet) and I am from Kerala so I have no idea if a mesh jacket is what I am looking for. With monsoons on the horizon, I would need something that would provide some protection during rains.

Kindly suggest

Pramod
The best in budget and in the 5K mark are the DSG Evo and RJays Swift. Both are mesh jackets with good ventilation (RJays is slightly better vented and slightly better quality)

You can choose from any of the two. Both come with rain liner. They will keep you sufficiently dry in rains. For the kind of rains we have in west coast these jackets provide decent rain protection.
Old 26th May 2015, 09:20   #2351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayhonda View Post
The best in budget and in the 5K mark are the DSG Evo and RJays Swift. Both are mesh jackets with good ventilation (RJays is slightly better vented and slightly better quality)

You can choose from any of the two. Both come with rain liner. They will keep you sufficiently dry in rains. For the kind of rains we have in west coast these jackets provide decent rain protection.
Thanks for the reply Akshay, Any leads as to where I can get one from? Bangalore is not an option presently and I cannot buy online since I don't know my size(it is slightly different, I was not able to get in one of the two XL jackets in the enfield showroom.

Pramod
Old 26th May 2015, 09:24   #2352
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply Akshay, Any leads as to where I can get one from? Bangalore is not an option presently and I cannot buy online since I don't know my size(it is slightly different, I was not able to get in one of the two XL jackets in the enfield showroom.

Pramod
Hey Pramod,

Check the RJays Sizing Guide from this link: http://www.rjays.com.au/home/size-gu...de-jackets.pdf

This guide is 100% accurate so you can refer and buy it will fit perfectly.

Now to buy the jackets.

RJays Swift: http://www.bachoomotors.com/index.ph...gory&id_lang=1

DSG Evo: http://www.planetdsg.com/dsg-evo-jac...90f0d5f11e07c5

Hope this helps
Old 26th May 2015, 09:32   #2353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayhonda View Post
Hey Pramod,

Check the RJays Sizing Guide from this link: http://www.rjays.com.au/home/size-gu...de-jackets.pdf

This guide is 100% accurate so you can refer and buy it will fit perfectly.

Now to buy the jackets.

RJays Swift: http://www.bachoomotors.com/index.ph...gory&id_lang=1

DSG Evo: http://www.planetdsg.com/dsg-evo-jac...90f0d5f11e07c5

Hope this helps
Thanks for the swift reply, as per the size guide I should be right between M and L so I guess to be on the safer side its L. I will still be comfortable picking one up personally than ordering online, let me see what options I have.

Pramod
Old 26th May 2015, 10:54   #2354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the swift reply, as per the size guide I should be right between M and L so I guess to be on the safer side its L. I will still be comfortable picking one up personally than ordering online, let me see what options I have.

Pramod
Pramod I am currently using DSG EVO riding jacket and am extremely happy with it for the comfort and safety it provides (except the foam back protector that can be upgraded to a similar size CE approved back protector). Kerala is my native place and I know how it rains in Kerala during monsoon, it doesn't rain it pours as if someone is throwing buckets of water from above . The DSG EVO comes with a very good rain liner and will keep you dry during the monsoon. You can get this jacket in PlanetDSG store located in Cochin as per the website. You will also find Alpinestars Jackets in the same store, as PlanetDSG is the official dealer for them in India. I would also suggest you to have a look at Cramster Breezer which is also a very competent product as two of my rider buddies have been using them. Rjays as suggested is also a good option but a little expensive. Pick your choice and ride safe.
Old 26th May 2015, 10:59   #2355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
You can get this jacket in PlanetDSG store located in Cochin as per the website.
Cochin, is 250 KMs from Trivandrum. the jacket would cost me couple of more 1000 bucks

I have heard helmet world in Trivandrum has some jackets at 6K+, need to check that. the Enfield showroom also has some riding jackets, but the only let down is the brand name printed all over the jacket(I don't ride/ own an Enfield yet)

Pramod

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks