Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2019, 19:19   #28531
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
... ... ... This Nexon driver was either on Phone or distracted for whatever reasons or simply failed to make the right judgement and swerved to avoid colliding with the LCV. All didn't go well and you can see how the fender rips off tearing out like a sheet of paper!
Tailgating. A blink would be a long enough distraction. I wish my Polo was built like that truck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyata View Post
A few days later we bumped into each other again.
Not literally, I hope!

Good for you for accepting the fault, and good for both of you that you managed to part on good terms.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2019, 19:38   #28532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Not literally, I hope!
I had the same thought!!!
Old 18th May 2019, 22:13   #28533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post

Even cyclists are completely careless on the road. The other day I saw a cyclist wearing all the cycling gear racing a bus in the middle lane of a 3 lane road (Mumbai's Western Express Highway, is a road after all)
That is called drafting . It is dangerous, but practiced quite popularly world wide.
deetee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 14:25   #28534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
There are regularly placed rumblers to slow motorists. This Nexon driver was either on Phone or distracted for whatever reasons or simply failed to make the right judgement and swerved to avoid colliding with the LCV. All didn't go well and you can see how the fender rips off tearing out like a sheet of paper!
Poor chap, feeling sorry for his car. That said it is completely his mistake.
  • First of all he was tailgating the LCV too closely
  • This would mean any signboards on the road warning about the upcoming rumbler strips or speedbreakers might have come in his blind spot
  • Secondly he even failed to notice the brake lamps of the LCV in front, which were fully functional. Surely there must be some kind of distraction or he would be too naive a driver to get into a situation like this.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 16:50   #28535
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
[*]This would mean any signboards on the road warning about the upcoming rumbler strips or speedbreakers might have come in his blind spot
The Vehicle is registered from Aurangabad, MH20. I presume he must be a regular on this circuit between Pune Nagar Aurangabad. The place where this happened is quite busy as you cross the busy town of Ahmednagar and there are very regular places where the median breaks or there are rumblers like the one you see in the video.

There is absolutely no way any driver here can be complacent about the traffic. It's just too chaotic and look at the time of the evening this happened. Person like me who drives this sector once in a quarter on an average is wary about silly occurrences like these, especially 2 wheelers emerging out of that median. Plus when I passed this, I had already covered 1000 Kms from Bangalore that day.

Knowing all this, I would maintain a distance from that truck which may brake abruptly even if a 2 wheeler just crossed it's path. The driver in the Nexon perhaps was in another world.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 16:57   #28536
Distinguished - BHPian

Received on Whatsapp, sector 86, Gurgaon. High speed turn gone wrong.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20190519wa0026.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20190519wa0028.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20190519wa0027.jpg
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 19:25   #28537
Distinguished - BHPian

This was sent by my brother. This happened on NH8 in Gurgaon. It had rained pretty heavily few minutes back and this TUV3OO went into a ditch while entering the service lane (10 secs). Incident is of 17th May.

BoneCollector is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 19:45   #28538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
This TUV3OO went into a ditch while entering the service lane (10 secs).
Looks like an open manhole. I feel sorry for him given that it's probably quite easy to miss that in dark and rainy conditions
Old 19th May 2019, 20:14   #28539
BHPian

Private bus driver mows down an elderly woman due to his carelessness. Seriously, where was he looking while starting!

Video starts at 0:24.

Nimalan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 09:50   #28540
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Srivastav Nutheti for sending this video in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
No information about accident.
blackwasp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 12:29   #28541
BHPian

My company's vehicle met with an accident last friday where driver and one employee died on spot with 3 more badly injured. As per news report, Bus tried to save a distracted biker and crashed head into the scorpio. Rear seat belts were removed from this vehicle so none of the occupants belted (except the front occupants)

I remember using that exact same vehicle with same driver in january and posting it here about how unsafe it was with rear seat belts removed. (post #36)
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...ml#post4528014 (Over 90% rear seat passengers don't use seat belts)

Its unlikely that driver would have survived even with a seatbelt on but surely seatbelt would have prevented further loss of life or injuries. I am still in shock how could something like this happen to them. Doing everything we can to help their families.

Some photos from the crash:
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20190520_095401.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20190520_095502.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20190520_095532.jpg  

hgps is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 13:04   #28542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Thanks to Srivastav Nutheti for sending this video in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!
It's appalling how someone decided to make a Tik Tok video out of this too. Guess social media etiquette is still a foreign concept to these people.

Last edited by bblost : 20th May 2019 at 13:44. Reason: removed embedded video in quoted section
boniver is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 14:38   #28543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimalan View Post
Private bus driver mows down an elderly woman due to his carelessness.
This is a freak “accident”. While there is some negligence on the driver, I wouldn’t entirely blame him for this. Old lady is actually in the blind spot of the driver.

The problem with commercial vehicles is that the driver sits higher up and his field of vision starts further up the road.

Below example is that of a low floor bus, most bus drivers in India sit higher up and have a bigger blind spot.

It is always advisable to maintain a gap of few metres between you and the bus/truck.

Source: http://bdeskev.blogspot.com/2009/03/...ind-spots.html
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bus-blind-spot-copy.jpg  

katchkamalesh is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 17:02   #28544
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this overturned car (Figo ?) near Moovaattupuzha today morning. Looked like the accident happened only a little while ago - no idea of the cause. If not for the trees, the car might have fallen into the low-lying field behind.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1558351952.590694.jpg
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 19:38   #28545
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaptChatterjee View Post
Miraculous escape for Scooter rider at Greater Noida.
This is exactly why we have to ignore the common courtesy while driving in our roads and keep blaring our aftermarket horns at imaginary kamikaze idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimalan View Post
Private bus driver mows down an elderly woman due to his carelessness. Seriously, where was he looking while starting!
I agree that the lady was in the blind spot but the driver failed on three counts.

- The lady crossed from the driver side only. The driver must have noticed and ensured that the lady had crossed.

- The driver should have nudged his way out of the bus stand which are bound to be crowded. He should have been in hurry to catch the bus that started earlier to cram more people in to his vehicle.

- He hadn't ensured that the side view mirrors were not blocked out by the a few additional tickets. The bus's side view mirrors will be arranged in a manner where they jut out of the vehicle and a section will be pointing at the blind spot in front of his vehicle.

I do suspect blaring speakers drowning out the shouting and screaming too.
We are usually on our own on our roads. We have to preserve ourselves.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th May 2019 at 21:48. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks