Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2019, 11:56   #28636
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
But it's a repainted Santro Xing, since it was never offered in that shade.
Ah ok, I was only going by the color.
Something looked different about the shape, but I thought it was due to the crash and was bent out of shape. Didn't realize it could be a Santro.
Old 30th May 2019, 12:26   #28637
kkg
BHPian

Quote:
But it's a repainted Santro Xing, since it was never offered in that shade.
Santro xing was offered in that shade of red from factory once. My BIL's BIL had one.
kkg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2019, 12:29   #28638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
Santro xing was offered in that shade of red from factory once. My BIL's BIL had one.
Are you sure? I've only seen one bright red Santro on the road, and it was clearly repainted. The Maharajah Red colour that was offered on the Xing was a maroonish colour. I checked online too, and couldn't find any info about Santro Xings ever being offered in any other shade of red.

Also, we're going off topic, so let's not discuss this anymore. Sorry Mods.
Old 30th May 2019, 17:09   #28639
Distinguished - BHPian

A prominent Traffic Police station that perhaps deals with high speed and fatal crashes on regular basis. Yelahanka Police station under which stretches of the notorious KIAL expressway are part of, witnesses such crashes on regular basis.

While waiting at the NES signal on yesterday, I happened to see these mangled vehicles that were involved in the recent accidents.

The WagonR and Ambulance accident that resulted in the death of all 5 occupants - Read report here.

Then there was this KSRTC bus that rear ended a trailer injuring at least 15 occupants including the driver - Read report here.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20190529_130208.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20190529_130220.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20190529_130315.jpg

Last edited by suhaas307 : 31st May 2019 at 11:21. Reason: Formatting
paragsachania is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th May 2019, 20:23   #28640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
A prominent Traffic Police station that perhaps deals with high speed and fatal crashes on regular basis.
I am not sure why this elevated road does not have a guard rail separating the two sections similar to Tumkur Road and Electronic City Elevated Roads. There are some plants in the middle and they do not offer much resistance. Add to that, the large width invites high speed driving and the sudden broken surfaces on both 1st and 3rd lanes are horrifying. On my recent two visits this month, I did not see any Speed Radars either.
shubhodeepdas@g is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2019, 22:27   #28641
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
I am not sure why this elevated road does not have a guard rail separating the two sections similar to Tumkur Road and Electronic City Elevated Roads.
I too would have preferred that but the answer is no. Unlike BETL or NBTL, KIAL has usual median without much height where on a rainy day even a simple water logging next to the median can result in aquaplaning and pull the car out to the opposite carriageway.

Most of the accidents here on KIAL are those where vehicles have jumped the median and collided with oncoming traffic.

That way, I find BETL and NBTL much safer due to guardrails at a height which easily offer better resistance. However these both are narrow carriageway by design without a shoulder and such arrangements of railings immensely help.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 12:23   #28642
BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure? I've only seen one bright red Santro on the road, and it was clearly repainted. The Maharajah Red colour that was offered on the Xing was a maroonish colour. I checked online too, and couldn't find any info about Santro Xings ever being offered in any other shade of red.
Off topic, just to clear the confusion:
I owned a Santro Xing XL and it had the Scarlet Sage colour (The maroonish colour you have mentioned). Santro Xing came in the bright red colour from factory, but it was an exclusive colour, offered only on the automatic version. I still have the brochure at home, showing the different colour options. You can google "Santro Xing automatic" for images of the car in that particular colour.

Last edited by A350XWB : 31st May 2019 at 12:35.
A350XWB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 21:05   #28643
BHPian

Came across this swift crash just 200 meter in front of me. 2 out of 3 got mild injury. It was a lucky save for these 3 people. From the dash footage, we can see the crash at the end of the horizon of the road. The clarity has been shrunk due to compression. The swift swayed right hit the median, then again swayed left and then rolled couple of times and lands toppled. If there was no median/barrier on the right, the car would have dipped towards the pit on the right side of the lane and would have crashed multiple times. In the second video we can see the driver coming out first ( spoke to him while I was helping them) and later 2 other were rescued. One old man had a bruised head and was bleeding a little, another guy in his 40s had some shoulder pain and was not able to move his hands, may be a possibility of fracture or dislocation or muscle pull. Since I am an regular traveler in this Dindigul- Salem NH44, I had saved Emg. contacts of all the toll gates, and luckily this spot was just 5km ( 5min) from Dindigul toll plaza and I called them immediately and they arrive in just 5 minutes. Injured were taken to hospital. Public were matured, talked to the injured, made sure they speak to their relatives and informed them, also ensured their belongings were collected and kept safe.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-6562cdf740134c82bcc51e89030ebd75.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-66e4a37593714d12b8aef03d788ccc58.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-asd.jpg

Last edited by jeganatu : 31st May 2019 at 21:24.
jeganatu is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 21:13   #28644
Senior - BHPian

It's a welcome scene to see people rushing to help. And kudos toyou for helping the victims as well.
honeybee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 22:08   #28645
Senior - BHPian

On my Kodaikanal - Vellore return journey on 19th May, I passed quite a few accident sites.
I'd posted one near Salem here
On the Krishnagiri - Vaniyambadi section near Vellore I saw two more.
I couldn't figure out what happened here - ?vehicles tipped over and trying to clear the road?

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screen-shot-20190531-8.40.57-pm.png

After this there was a diversion and there was a truck lying on its side across the median. I wonder why they blocked this section - maybe something had spilt on the road.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screen-shot-20190531-9.34.37-pm.png
Old 1st June 2019, 06:12   #28646
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
It's a welcome scene to see people rushing to help. And kudos toyou for helping the victims as well.
+1 although people seem to be unmindful of the fact that they have stopped right in the fast lane of a 4 lane highway and putting themselves at risk, rather than park at the relatively safer leftmost side.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 7th June 2019 at 06:38. Reason: typo
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 08:37   #28647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
+1 although people seem to be unmindful of the fact that they have stopped right in the fast lane of a 4 lane highway and putting themselves at risk, rather than than park at the relatively safer leftmost side.
Accepted.
As soon I saw the crash, immediately I turned on hazard lights, also you can see from my dash cam footage that I positioned my car on the safest zone.
That's the maturity level of being a Bhpian and not being one.

Last edited by jeganatu : 1st June 2019 at 08:40.
jeganatu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 11:23   #28648
BHPian

Accidents waiting to happen - Can you spot all the traffic violations in this pic?

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20190604_111118.jpg

Mods - Please move or remove this post if inappropriate for this thread.
jailbird_fynix is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 11:55   #28649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
Accidents waiting to happen - Can you spot all the traffic violations in this pic?

Attachment 1881703

The cyclist going on the wrong side
The lorry who has no business overtaking like that
The bus, oh God the bus!
The road crosser
deathwalkr is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 12:18   #28650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post

Attachment 1881703

Some call accidents for themselves. Others just become victims of the situation for no fault of theirs.
While driving I always remind myself that many lives depend on the way I drive my car. It helps me in keeping my adrenaline low.
SamitMukherjee is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks