Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2019, 11:08   #28501
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Thanks to Ram Khedkar for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
I am not able understand how Creta got burnt immediately after an accident. Nothing happened to the truck BTW. There are traces of engine oil leakage.
How can we address this to the Hyundai team and can find out any flaws in the design?
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-unnamed2.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-unnamed3.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-unnamed6.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-unnamed8.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-unnamed9.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-unnamed10.jpg

Last edited by blackwasp : 13th May 2019 at 11:09.
blackwasp is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 11:25   #28502
Senior - BHPian

This happened yesterday 7PM when I was riding to Cochin. A Hyundai Eon with hazard lights on & continous honking passes me - usual moron you see on Kerala roads, either rushing to airport or acting as ambulance-driver or just for the heck of it.

The "1-lane-each-way-median-less" road they call a highway here is clogged, but our hero weaves in & out.

Then at that speed he takes a wide wrong turn into a hospital at X-ray junction, Cherthala. And hits two guys coming out of the hospital on an R15. I see both of them fly over the car & fall behind it. Both motionless.

While driving like a madman to get someone to hospital, the idiot ended up putting two innocent guys in hospital.

Last edited by Aditya : 14th May 2019 at 17:44. Reason: External smileys deleted
supremeBaleno is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 19:16   #28503
BHPian

Bus driver tries to bully 2 wheeler, ends up killing(read: murdering) them. All Students riding triples with no helmet coupled with panic breaking didn't help either. Two got crushed to death while one is admitted to hospital with heavy injuries.

A bike passes by, then the bus steers towards the right which can be noticed by the position of lane lines in the video, which makes the student to panic brake. The road ahead is just free, he could have just waited for the students to pass.

When aggressive larger vehicles bully smaller vehicles, there is a high chance of someone getting injured or property getting damaged.

Last edited by Nimalan : 13th May 2019 at 19:21.
Nimalan is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 19:23   #28504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Thanks to Ram Khedkar for sending these images in
Given that this is a base model, the possibility of some electronic aftermarket fitment igniting the fire can not be ruled out.

I have seen people bragging about how they saved a couple of lakhs by going for a lower variant and adding touchscreen, auto folding ORVMs, steering mounted controls, foglamps, reflectors and what not from the after market. Youtube is filled with videos on how to "convert" Creta's base model to top model.

What they fail to understand is that factory fit is factory fit (especially when it involves wiring) and not even the best of installers can match factory standards.

Last edited by self_driven : 13th May 2019 at 19:25.
self_driven is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 21:11   #28505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
the possibility of some electronic aftermarket fitment igniting the fire can not be ruled out.
Looking at the crumpled bonnet and the fully bent front member before the radiator, the Creta has taken a massive impact on the engine.

While an electrical short circuit triggered by the collision is a possibility, a leaking fuel pipe/ oil leak could have also lead to the flame. The footage shows the top of the engine all lit up in the initial stages.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 13th May 2019 at 21:16.
Old 13th May 2019, 21:33   #28506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
What they fail to understand is that factory fit is factory fit (especially when it involves wiring) and not even the best of installers can match factory standards.
I will disagree with this. Improper fitment could be the reason, but there is no reason why you can't get factory or better fit when you do work outside.

I'm planning a cruise control install on my Abarth at the next service and I have previously helped in installing auto park system in a Jetta. As l long as you know what you are doing and following precautions, there is no reason to blame the accessories every time. The possibility is there yes, but not due to accessories but rather due to shoddy work.
blackwasp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th May 2019, 11:10   #28507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeganatu View Post
While parking to the left I saw his car for damages, luckily his car too escaped from major dent.

The tensed ertiga driver came out and immediately started blaming me that I overtook him too close.
There are many distracted driver on our roads. A full car with people chatting is more distracting than a person talking over hands free phone. Specially if there are elderly people who tap on your shoulder from the back seat every now and then. A fully loaded 7 seater is definitely something to stay away from. It is better to give them some space.

Drifting into the next lane on a bend is all too common, specially when they are not marked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Thanks to Ram Khedkar for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!
There could be many reasons for the Hyundai shorting out. Something as harmless as "rat chewed wires" can do this even without an accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimalan View Post
Bus driver tries to bully 2 wheeler, ends up killing(read: murdering) them.
Have faced similar situations in cars as well on narrow roads. A bus driver will almost always try to overtake, for some reason saving those 30 seconds is more important for them than saving a few lives. There are countless videos on youtube to showcase this.
shubhodeepdas@g is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2019, 12:53   #28508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimalan View Post
Bus driver tries to bully 2 wheeler, ...
Yes, I am angered by the fact that this bus driver has been caught red-handed, finally, just like many other idiotic private bus drivers in our country.

But what is surprising is a private bus operator having installed a dash cam for whatever reasons known to owner/driver. Kudos to that thought & may the "Law" Take its own course and punish the wrong doer appropriately.
svsantosh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2019, 16:01   #28509
BHPian

Saw a video of an accident while checking news.

https://www.news18.com/news/auto/rec...o-2140145.html

Who is to blame for this accident? The two wheeler is obviously at fault, but are policemen doing the correct thing by putting their bodies in front of speeding vehicles. If yes, then they should wear some thick armor to protect themselves. I have seen this happening almost every day, and wonder why couldn't record the offense and send a ticket to the offenders address. Some might not pay, but imposing fines for delayed payments or making vehicle registration or insurance payment impossible without clearing fines might help.
KL01toKA03 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2019, 17:09   #28510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
But what is surprising is a private bus operator having installed a dash cam for whatever reasons known to owner/driver. Kudos to that thought & may the "Law" Take its own course and punish the wrong doer appropriately.
Some private bus owners have started to install dashcams recently for their safety in case of accidents where they are not at fault. I have quoted an example below where it helped.
When their driver is a bully, the Dashcam acts as a testimony to the fact to send him to jail.

Apart from encouraging more CCTV coverage, government should make Dashcam compulsory in all vehicles.
If not government, insurance companies can provide incentives for those vehicles with Dashcam installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
An accident in Tiruppur, Tamil Nadu. Unfortunately, the rider died. It’s far too common seeing the heavy machines like JCB, tractors, backhoes, road rollers etc. crawling slowly on highways or crossing and blocking the roads without care.

Last edited by Aditya : 14th May 2019 at 17:46. Reason: Quote trimmed
Arwin07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2019, 17:18   #28511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
Some might not pay, but imposing fines for delayed payments or making vehicle registration or insurance payment impossible without clearing fines might help.
Not one of them will pay. It is hard to imagine a person who would risk hitting a police officer will actually come forward and pay. It is also hard to imagine that said person will have:
  • Valid license
  • Vehicle on their own name
  • Correct vehicle registration address
  • Insurance paid and up-to-date
  • Past challans fulfilled

Point is, at some point of time someone will have to stop this guy on the road and check all of the above.

A couple of years back a small loader hit and tried to run away a traffic constable that I personally know, just to avoid a fine for coming the wrong way. At that time she was not even looking at that vehicle busy monitoring others coming the correct way. This had happened in Whitefield, Bangalore.

Coming to our traffic police, yes, they are grossly under equipped to catch them. At least a minimum level of protection should be provided.
Old 14th May 2019, 17:43   #28512
BHPian

Quote:
The two wheeler is obviously at fault, but are policemen doing the correct thing by putting their bodies in front of speeding vehicles. If yes, then they should wear some thick armor to protect themselves. I have seen this happening almost every day, and wonder why couldn't record the offense and send a ticket to the offenders address. Some might not pay, but imposing fines for delayed payments or making vehicle registration or insurance payment impossible without clearing fines might help.
You are right, here in Hyderabad, a few years back a Traffic Constable tried to stop a couple of teenagers driving rashly on their motor-cycle by hurling his lathi onto them. Unfortunately, at the speed they were cruising, they got out of control and dashed against the median and two lives were lost.

Since then, there has been a strict implementation of not trying to stop fleeing motorists and rather capture the same on camera and fine them appropriately. Motorists are stopped only when there are physical barriers and officers of a certain rank and above in the party conducting that raid, say for a drunken drive, etc.
kalyan_hyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2019, 22:37   #28513
BHPian

Just saw a badly mangled swift white color in Madiwala police station. Had a LTD sticker. KA 53 registration. Could not take a pic. Hope all were safe
Old 15th May 2019, 01:13   #28514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeganatu View Post
I can show recordings of dash cam.
It looks like it was a case of distracted driving.

OT: The dashcam captures too much sky and very little road at the bottom third of the frame, If you can position the cam to capture more road than the sky, it would be better.
Old 15th May 2019, 01:41   #28515
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Saw a video of an accident while checking news.

https://www.news18.com/news/auto/rec...o-2140145.html

Who is to blame for this accident? The two wheeler is obviously at fault, but are policemen doing the correct thing by putting their bodies in front of speeding vehicles. If yes, then they should wear some thick armor to protect themselves. I have seen this happening almost every day, and wonder why couldn't record the offense and send a ticket to the offenders address. Some might not pay, but imposing fines for delayed payments or making vehicle registration or insurance payment impossible without clearing fines might help.
Civilisation is thin veneer --- and part of it is having some sort of respect for law and enforcers of law. I hope this two-wheeler learnt a painful lesson, and that the law has more pain for him.

I hope the poor cop is ok.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks