Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2019, 14:01   #28486
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Although hopefully the body-shell stayed intact. For the TATA (Hexa), well business as usual.
I was caught in a very similar scenario a couple of weeks ago but this was on the Mysore-Bangalore highway at around 11:30 PM. Somewhere near Ramnagara, I had to brake slightly hard because of a new road hump that appeared out of nowhere. I was at around 70km/h and used a combination of brakes and engine braking to get the car to slow down. It was definitely not sudden braking and any vehicle at a safe distance behind me would have been able to brake safely. My rear wheels were negotiating the hump when a cab rear ended the car. The impact was severe and my XUV was actually thrown forward a couple of meters. I immediately moved to the lay bye on the road and parked the car. The cab guy zoomed away. The wife & toddler were both buckled up . So nobody was injured. I was fearing the worst when I alighted from the car to check on the bumper. Thankfully, the rear bumper only has a minor dent and small crack. The XUV held up quite well.

Last edited by navin : 10th May 2019 at 16:20. Reason: minor typo
satishv1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2019, 14:27   #28487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satishv1987 View Post
... The impact was severe and my XUV was actually thrown forward a couple of meters. ..the rear bumper only has a minor dent and small crack.
Better check the alignment of the rear door especially the latch.

Bumpers are quite flexible yield and bounce back giving the illusion of no/minimum damage.
The metal reinforcements behind the bumpers would have definitely deformed that should be alright as long as there is no bumper mis-alignment and no visible intrusion along the the luggage loading lip.
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2019, 15:02   #28488
Senior - BHPian

This happened right next to my house sometime back. This is a accident prone cross because of yellow boards and personal vehicles parked on one side which blocks the view of the vehicles plying on the main road from seeing any vehicle coming from the cross road.
The Dzire was a non KA car and quite sure he is not familiar with the area. The Indigo came out from the cross road and both the drivers did not see each other because of the cars parked on the side. The Dzire driver from the looks of it, did not brake and did not see the other car at all.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-annotation-20190510-170328.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-b2c615c8c789476e8afaa64a96e1b516.jpeg

Last edited by GTO : 10th May 2019 at 17:04. Reason: As requested
tharian is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 10th May 2019, 15:07   #28489
BHPian

Received this on Twitter. The car seems to be Tata Tigor and not Tiago as mentioned in tweet.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_201905101453112.png  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20190510_145320.jpg  

Deepsp is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 10th May 2019, 15:34   #28490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Better check the alignment of the rear door especially the latch.

Bumpers are quite flexible yield and bounce back giving the illusion of no/minimum damage.
The metal reinforcements behind the bumpers would have definitely deformed that should be alright as long as there is no bumper mis-alignment and no visible intrusion along the the luggage loading lip.
There is no misalignment of the bumper & neither is there any intrusion along the luggage loading lip. The rear door is OK & locks into position. But nevertheless, I will have them checked when I drop the car off at the service station next week.
Old 11th May 2019, 09:32   #28491
BHPian

Speeding car rams into another car at a toll gate of outer ring road in Hyderabad. Fortunately, no one was injured.

Pedestrian tries crossing without looking to his right, gets crushed by a lorry. This happened at Thirukadaiyur, a temple town near Karaikal in TamilNadu. The road is just straight on this stretch, so there is no chance of lorry coming out of nowhere. The lorry driver is very fortunate to have a CCTV at that remote place to prove his innocence.

Nimalan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2019, 09:54   #28492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimalan View Post
Pedestrian tries crossing without looking to his right, gets crushed by a lorry. This happened at Thirukadaiyur, a temple town near Karaikal in TamilNadu. The road is just straight on this stretch, so there is no chance of lorry coming out of nowhere. The lorry driver is very fortunate to have a CCTV at that remote place to prove his innocence.
Looks like a case of suicide. He jumped in front of the oncoming truck.
Makin Rulesz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th May 2019, 09:55   #28493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimalan View Post

Pedestrian tries crossing without looking to his right, gets crushed by a lorry. This happened at Thirukadaiyur, a temple town near Karaikal in TamilNadu. The road is just straight on this stretch, so there is no chance of lorry coming out of nowhere. The lorry driver is very fortunate ....

I appears to be a case of suicide to me. The way he suddenly starts to run and duck under the truck seems to suggest that, unless he wanted to lay down flat under the truck and let it pass over him.
Old 11th May 2019, 11:14   #28494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makin Rulesz View Post
Looks like a case of suicide. He jumped in front of the oncoming truck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
I appears to be a case of suicide to me. The way he suddenly starts to run and duck under the truck seems to suggest that, unless he wanted to lay down flat under the truck and let it pass over him.
He walks a few steps with his back towards the lorry, waits for the white car to pass and then starts running across. If it was a suicide, he would be looking at the lorry and will be waiting for it. To me, it seems to be haste and misjudgement on his part. According to the news too(mentions the police enquiry), it was his carelessness.

He might have ducked after hearing the horn suddenly at that close range.

Last edited by Nimalan : 11th May 2019 at 11:17.
Nimalan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2019, 22:09   #28495
BHPian

RIP.

This guy seems reoccupied while crossing the road. I witness many people cross the road without even bothering to look at the side they are in and cross it leisurely very often. Sad.
Old 12th May 2019, 08:49   #28496
BHPian

An Accident took place in Andhra Pradesh wherein a bus collided with a vehicle, apparently a Force Cruiser. 13 people died in this accident.

Quote:
News agency PTI reported that the bus, going to Bengaluru from Hyderabad, crashed into the SUV as it tried to avoid collision with a two-wheeler. The police said that the collision was so strong that 10 people died on the spot.*

Link
Old 12th May 2019, 09:08   #28497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeraj1903 View Post
An Accident took place in Andhra Pradesh wherein a bus collided with a vehicle, apparently a Force Cruiser. 13 people died in this accident.

Link
Looks like the bus jumped the median and crashed on to the on coming vehicle
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_20190512090338__01.jpg
Old 12th May 2019, 10:21   #28498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Looks like the bus jumped the median and crashed on to the on coming vehicle
Attachment 1875444

Another news report mentioned the bus changed lane to avoid a two wheeler who darted into the bus' path.
Sad tragedy indeed.
Old 12th May 2019, 12:43   #28499
BHPian

I had a Lucky escape yesterday.
I was enroute salem - Bangalore driving my 3 month old kicks doing speed about 90-100kmph. I Was tackling the moderate traffic 4way while a serene blue ertiga driver kissed my car driving on a day-dream. I noticed him making a lane change from extreme right to middle lane. He was trying to deviate again to right lane, though the road was sliding left actually.

Since I was reading his careless driving pattern, I honked couple of times to alert him ( usually I never do this at last moment since it may panic the other drivers attention) that I was about to overtake him and started taking the lead on the right lane.

At this moment my instinct was saying some thing can go wrong so alert him again and I honked and saw him leading towards me and I pressed my breaks.. Bang!!! He literally kissed, luckily did not panicked and managed to slide away.

I was in a new car, my heart was like but my mind was cool and praying nothing should happen to his car as he stopped immediately after kissing on middle lane and full traffic at back. And on the other hand I was praying my car should not have taken a hit.

We both parked aside. I checked my damage and there was a small patch of ertiga's paint marks on my car (which i knew it can be cleaned easily ) and a very small dent ( not noticable because of my orange shade). My heart came back alive!

While parking to the left I saw his car for damages, luckily his car too escaped from major dent.

The tensed ertiga driver came out and immediately started blaming me that I overtook him too close.

His car was fully packed with women and children and a women with an infant in her hands started to get down from car. I told her, madam you please be seated, we ( me and the ertiga driver) will manage .

I was relaxed and made him realise that before I overtook him I honked couple of times and it was him who was changing lanes without checking rear mirrors.
Still if he wants me to prove, I told I can show recordings of dash cam. Then he apologized and accepted it was his mistake.

Since both of us felt there is nothing much to seek from the issue, we both left the scene peacefully.

Marks on my car after cleaning the blue paint mark of ertiga. I used water and mild mix of kerosene to remove his paint ensure it should not damage my car's paint.

Here is the result
After cleaning

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20190512_125653.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20190512_110411.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_20190512125017_whatsapp.jpg

Before cleaning left door
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_20190512125236_gallery.jpg

On fender edge.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_20190512125251_gallery.jpg

Last edited by ajmat : 13th May 2019 at 11:24.
jeganatu is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 12th May 2019, 14:52   #28500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeraj1903 View Post
An Accident took place in Andhra Pradesh wherein a bus collided with a vehicle, apparently a Force Cruiser.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
.. bus changed lane to avoid a two wheeler who darted into the bus' path.
The reports mention that the mishap occured at a junction near Kurnool/Veldurthi on the Bangalore Hyderabad highway. The Hyd-Blore bound Scania bus was traveling at high speed past this junction, where the Force Cruiser was dodging a TVS moped and came in the path of the Bus and Bus ended up ramming into both the moped and the Cruiser at a very high speed.

The report says that this particular junction is a frequent accident spot due to the lack of an under pass and vehicles speeding past without slowing down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeganatu View Post
I was about to overtake him and started taking the lead on the right lane. ....again and I honked and saw him leading towards me and I pressed my breaks.. Bang!!! .......
Looking at the footage, the Ertiga driver is clearly at fault for changing lanes without looking in the ORVM.
He also did not heed to your horn, but at the time you were passing by trying to overtake him, your were in his blind spot and he wouldn't have noticed you visually.

Not intending to nitpick on your action, but in this particular scenario, some restraint could have been shown in going ahead with overtaking, where the other driver seemed hazardous from his previous actions.

I know its frustrating to encounter such drivers but the general tendency on our highways is that everybody is in a hurry to overtake the vehicle in front of them no matter what the situation.

We need to consciously exercise restraint and overtake only everything seems safe without getting into the temptation of doing a quick overtake. The journey is long and we will certainly end up overtaking if we are doing a faster average, so exercise patience is better. This applies to everyone driving on our roads.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 12th May 2019 at 15:14.
for_cars1 is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks