Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2023, 17:40   #39451
BHPian

Re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Dzire topples after hitting Duster that stopped at red light. Pudukkad junction of NH544 in Kerala is an infamous accident spot. This is yet another one that happened there 2 weeks back.
motorsan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th December 2023, 18:06   #39452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorsan View Post
Dzire topples after hitting Duster that stopped at red light. Pudukkad junction of NH544 in Kerala is an infamous accident spot. This is yet another one that happened there 2 weeks back.
That is a weird one. It seems like the Dzire bounced and toppled on nudging the Duster, like there was spring attached to its bottom. I guess the angle and the momentum caused it.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2023, 18:34   #39453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad View Post
Please place a Graphic Warning. It is heart wrenching.

I think, I have had enough of this non-sense. Just 20 minutes before, I was remembering the Hyderabad society incident while entering my basement parking. Carefully looking at the entrance of the parking ramp to see if a kid is hiding somewhere.

But, this incident is absolutely unacceptable from the parent's side. How can they leave a kid (actually two) at that location? Sometimes, it is better to spend sometime in a city with high crime rate. You just cannot leave your children like that, else they will be untraceable.
Really sad to see this.

Not justifying the driver, but the initial angle of his vehicle is almost ninety degrees to the gate & to make matters worse he is coming from a slight downward slope, which really limits his view due to the high bonnet level. These factors do not help his case of seeing the child.

I really don't know how to avoid such situations if you are alone driving. Top end model of XUV700 has 360° camera, which may help in such situations.

We can only pray such incidents don't happen.
Vasuki is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th December 2023, 18:48   #39454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Not justifying the driver, but the initial angle of his vehicle is almost ninety degrees ... happen.
The point of exit for XUV700 is such that blindspots would be huge for the driver as he has to look for traffic coming from behind also. This is impossible to see till he exists the compound, hence focus of the XUV driver would be on the traffic outside of compound where he hits the road. SUV emerges out of compound, a small child is on the slope which is essentially a ramp to enter/exit the apartment compound. Huge blind spots for any driver, more so in case of an SUV. This article describes it well. Very rare chance for XUV driver to have spotted the kid. And quite low I think for sensors to pick up anything IMO.

Sheer negligence on part of parents. The kid is playing on ramp which is entry/exit point, simply unacceptable. A 3 year old kid playing without parent's supervision on the what essentially is outside of apartment compound, a road. Parents need to be blamed for this.

Edit : Attaching an image to indicate SUV blind spots.
Source of Image.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-vehicle-blind-spots.png  

Last edited by aaggoswami : 17th December 2023 at 18:56.
aaggoswami is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th December 2023, 19:03   #39455
Senior - BHPian

^^ Anyone driving a behemoth with plenty of blind spots should post a lookout outside the car while entering or exiting confined spaces. There is no use arguing about who's blame it is after the accident occurs. In my book primary responsibility lies with the one driving the car.
Gansan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th December 2023, 19:22   #39456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
^^ Anyone driving a behemoth with plenty of blind spots should post a lookout outside the car while entering or exiting confined spaces. There is no use arguing about who's blame it is after the accident occurs. In my book primary responsibility lies with the one driving the car.
While I agree that the driver should pay utmost care in ALL cases, what do you think a driver can do at a ramp? He's focusing on traffic from behind and it's a ramp with an angle. From what I can infer from the video (VERY Graphic, so TW), unless he gets out of the car and checks, the kid will not be visible. This is not even like those cases where they driver takes the car out of the parking lot in an apartment complex, where the driver can check and ensure it's all okay before starting the car.

I'd say in this case at least primary blame should be on parents, how neglectful can you be? This is a three year old kid, for godssake.
epiccross is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2023, 23:42   #39457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Really sad to see this.

Not justifying the driver, but the initial angle of his vehicle is almost ninety degrees to the gate & to make matters worse he is coming from a slight downward slope, which really limits his view due to the high bonnet level. These factors do not help his case of seeing the child.

I really don't know how to avoid such situations if you are alone driving. Top end model of XUV700 has 360° camera, which may help in such situations.

We can only pray such incidents don't happen.
Parents'/ child's attender fault for having created such a situation in the first place. Driver is equally responsible, imo. Driver should have scanned the exit area across the left sided A-pillar of the SUV. Am not sure if they did and they had a clear vision, but that's something one must do in such situations.

Secondly, the driver would have felt a bump at 19sec (Trigger warning). Were they less attentive and missed it? Had the vehicle stopped at that instant, the injury would have been far lesser.
Fawlty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 11:34   #39458
BHPian

A pile-up of multiple cars, near Doddajala on the Bengaluru Airport Road.

https://www.news18.com/india/bengalu...ontent=rundown
Old 19th December 2023, 12:19   #39459
BHPian

Here is the best video of instant karma, a costly bike, helmet with a camera, ride very fast, voila !! You are bike enthusiastic

https://x.com/pra_tea_k_/status/1736...752277586?s=20

Last edited by Turbanator : 19th December 2023 at 12:53. Reason: spell
vvivek85 is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 12:27   #39460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I remember one such accident in US where a truck like Ford F series backed into a kid. Rear view camera use was proposed in big vehicles and of course now with 360 deg camera such things can be avoided.
PreludeSH is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 13:04   #39461
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
Here is the best video of instant karma, a costly bike, helmet with a camera, ride very fast, voila !! You are bike enthusiastic
Are there any reasons why that blockage was done in the first place? It looks like the car changed lanes due to this, and the biker, though doing high speeds, managed to stop. Had he looked ahead rather than focussing all his vision and brain on the car driver, he would have avoided a crash despite his high speeds.

A lesson for everyone: if someone changes lanes, there might be a valid reason.
Turbanator is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 13:53   #39462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
Here is the best video of instant karma,
Reminds me of old bikers joke

Rider 1 - Buffalo...!!!
Rider 2 - You are buffalo, your father buffalo, your family buffalo...
Buffalo - Bikkkeeee!!!!

(Read it in your mother tongue, It will sound better)
svsantosh is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 15:39   #39463
Senior - BHPian

Got this as a forward.

https://x.com/pra_tea_k_/status/1736...752277586?s=20

Third person view of the crash at last as added bonus.

1. Biker bragging about crossing 150kmph on video
2. An SUV far ahead switches lane as central lane is closed (seems like oil spill, as mud is smeared on the closed lane with a barricade ahead)
3. Biker comes in too fast and is 'surprised', starts blaming the SUV driver for changing lane 'abruptly'
4. Somehow manages to move in center lane while abusing the driver
5. Crashes straight into the barricade, even before he finishes the word
6. Luckily, no apparent serious injury

Somehow, it just felt incredibly satisfying to watch karma do its job.
Agreed, the SUV did not turn on his indicators, but even if they were on, the outcome would not have been any different.
NiInJa is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 21:01   #39464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
Thanks for sharing. This is the second most funny accident video I have ever seen. The first position is still held tightly by the lady below.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_2023_1219_205811.jpg  

MT_Hyderabad is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 20th December 2023, 00:08   #39465
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
A lesson for everyone: if someone changes lanes, there might be a valid reason.
This, especially for two-wheelers, is such an important lesson, if only they would listen.

Same with someone ahead slowing or stopping. It means find out why, not zoom past.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks