Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2023, 13:02   #39466
BHPian

Re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
Somehow, it just felt incredibly satisfying to watch karma do its job.
Agreed, the SUV did not turn on his indicators, but even if they were on, the outcome would not have been any different.
Agree on the karma part :-)
I must point out that the SUV did have its indicator on. Just that due to these fancy tail lamp clusters they are not prominently visible. Could not make out if the indicators were turned on after the lane switch (the video is too grainy to make that out) or prior to that.
whitewing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2023, 13:33   #39467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
Here is the best video of instant karma, a costly bike, helmet with a camera, ride very fast, voila !! You are bike enthusiastic

https://x.com/pra_tea_k_/status/1736...752277586?s=20
Incredibly satisfying. 2-wheelers have made my life hell in Bangalore. Sometimes I feel like pulling over and cry for a few mins and then resume my journey.
bsdbsd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2023, 16:02   #39468
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad View Post
Thanks for sharing. This is the second most funny accident video I have ever seen. The first position is still held tightly by the lady below.
Agreed. The karma was satisfying indeed. But speaking of the lady, I know some members who would say that the lady is brave for standing up to evil men and that men should no longer be allowed to drive
vredesbyrd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2023, 16:36   #39469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Could not make out if the indicators were turned on after the lane switch (the video is too grainy to make that out) or prior to that.
The indicators were not turned on, I saw a clearer version on facebook, the bike can be seen doing 152kmph on the speedometer when he notices the car changing lane and starts braking.

Assuming the car was doing 80kmph, the bike approached it at a relative speed of 70 kmph when he started braking hard. To the car driver it must have felt like it appeared out of nowhere. Even if the car driver looked in the mirror before switching lanes, he must have not seen the bike.

At normal speeds he would have easily slowed down bit a far from the car, but in this case, he had no option but to panic brake. And the idiot starts honking, as if it will be clearly audible with windows rolled up.

Last edited by NiInJa : 20th December 2023 at 16:38.
NiInJa is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 20th December 2023, 18:46   #39470
Distinguished - BHPian

Three youngsters were driving in a new Maruti Baleno on Sunday last at 12.50 am in West Nagpur. The car was overspeeding and the driver, a youngster amongst the trio, lost control and rammed it on a tree. Two passengers died, while the seriously injured driver is undergoing treatment in a hospital.

It is clear that this fatal drive was a late night joyride for adventure, that turned into a horrific tragedy. Luckily, there were no other persons involved, when the car swerved out of control. Seeing the images, one would surely conclude that the car could have been doing nearly around 100 kmph. The two airbags on its front seats had deployed. Evidently, the driver's side airbag must have saved the only survivor. The front left wheel has got dismantled and has intruded into the passenger cabin.

The images were clicked by me at the police station where this new, but badly damaged Baleno has been parked after the police took its custody.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-nagpur-city-line_20231219.jpeg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20231220_161428.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20231220_161453.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20231220_161515.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20231220_161523.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20231220_161528.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20231220_161534.jpg

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 20th December 2023 at 18:54.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th December 2023, 19:54   #39471
BHPian

Quote:
Got this as a forward.

Agreed, the SUV did not turn on his indicators, but even if they were on, the outcome would not have been any different.
No doubt the biker was stupid to not see a reason in lane change of SUV and started to abuse instead. However, I could not ignore the careless attitude of authorities in placing a non reflecting metal barricade just like that in middle of road. Imagine how dangerous these non reflecting barricades without a light can be at night time.

Someone not as stupid as the biker can also lose life due to callous attitude of authorities. This still appeared yellow in color, in Pune I have witnessed worse - rusted barricades being placed which have no visibility at night.

The highway repairs abruptly block lanes in night time leading to severe jams and risk of head on collisions.

Do they not understand that barricading should be done in a tapered fashion over a good length?
Rodie09 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th December 2023, 20:05   #39472
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
However, I could not ignore the careless attitude of authorities in placing a non reflecting metal barricade just like that in middle of road. Imagine how dangerous these non reflecting barricades without a light can be at night time.

I once witnessed an accident when a bike rider had smashed into such a barrier and his nose got torn off.

I will never forget that sight of him bleeding from that open cavity.
That accident was back in 2015. Things have not changed at all.
bblost is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th December 2023, 20:58   #39473
Senior - BHPian

The car driver could have turned on the indicator and slowed a bit before moving to the right-most lane. There is no way biker could have seen the barricade being in the right-most lane. The perceived sudden action irked the biker and this made him lose concentration as he was already busy giving commentary for his vlog. Am not saying biker is completely innocent. The chain of events caused this accident.

1. Authorities keeping a barricade with probably no indication that the lane is closed/blocked
2. The car driver did not use the indicator and possibly changed lanes a little suddenly. Mostly 1) is the cause for this also.
3. The biker was multitasking. Busy cooking his vlog and suddenly sees a car change lanes, he gets overwhelmed. This pisses him off and he further loses concentration.
funkykar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2023, 21:21   #39474

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
Here is the best video of instant karma, a costly bike, helmet with a camera, ride very fast, voila !! You are bike enthusiastic
I travel frequently on this road, the speed limit is 50km/h and this biker boy was doing 151km/h. Serves him right but the car should have indicated probably but i doubt it would have helped as the biker was over speeding.
AjitSen6333 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th December 2023, 22:27   #39475
BHPian

Quote:
Got this as a forward.

Third person view of the crash at last as added bonus.

1. Biker bragging about crossing 150kmph on video
2. An SUV far ahead switches lane as central lane is closed (seems like oil spill, as mud is smeared on the closed lane with a barricade ahead)
3. Biker comes in too fast and is 'surprised', starts blaming the SUV driver for changing lane 'abruptly'
4. Somehow manages to move in center lane while abusing the driver
5. Crashes straight into the barricade, even before he finishes the word
6. Luckily, no apparent serious injury

150KMPH and his helmet just came out on first impact! He should actually thank car driver for slowing him down (I know he dint use indicators but looks like even he noticed this at the last moment and was trying to change lane in hurry), if this were a direct impact there is no way he would have survived
Sri Vathsa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2023, 23:42   #39476
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Three youngsters were driving in a new Maruti Baleno on Sunday last at 12.50 am in West Nagpur. The car was overspeeding and the driver, a youngster amongst the trio, lost control and rammed it on a tree. Two passengers died, while the seriously injured driver is undergoing treatment in a hospital.
Very sad.

Someone might comment on the build quality of the car. It was inferior to that of the tree.

When it comes to build quality, trees beat just about any car, and the results are quite often fatal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
3. The biker was multitasking. Busy cooking his vlog and suddenly sees a car change lanes, he gets overwhelmed. This pisses him off and he further loses concentration.
"Multitasking," at that speed, is simply blatantly reckless driving. There are very good reasons why we not supposed to even use the phone, let alone make videos, at even a tiny fraction of his reported speed.

(Guys, I know: multitasking is an essential part of driving. But you know what I mean!)

Last edited by vb-saan : 21st December 2023 at 17:52. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Thank you!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 02:21   #39477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
The car driver could have turned on the indicator and slowed a bit before moving to the right-most lane.

Sorry, I have to differ.

Drawing a parallel, there is an order of priority in aviation circles - avigate, navigate, communicate.

The car driver may or may not be reacting to a last minute obstruction that sprung upon on the middle lane (not right most lane, you should play the vidoe again!) of a highway - a 3 lane highway will usually have 80 or 100 KMPH speed limits, and even if you're doing 10% lower (which most do not ), his priority would be to avoid the obstacle - the best practice would have been to slam the break, and move the vehicle away from the line of impact (thanks to ABS), while looking out to ensure he/ she does not endanger others on the road.

When all that is happening, it's not (imho) the right expectation to indicate and smoothly navigate around the obstacle - I'm not sure how far a visibility that obstacle even had, but even if it was a minor curve, would have taken the car driver by surprise.

The biker, on the other hand, was doing 150+ KMPH, also managed to slow down to avoid a collision with the car. But why the hell did he move into the middle lane right after overtaking the car - he was probably (and stupidly) fighting his fight with the car driver to his left/ back (after he overtook him) without doing the equivalent of avigate & navigate.

Had he just gone straight, or stopped, he wouldn't be in this discussion thread. Blaming authorities or act of god is moot here - the biker could have avoided crashing into the barricade. Period.

Last edited by ph03n!x : 21st December 2023 at 02:27.
ph03n!x is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 11:50   #39478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
"Multitasking," at that speed, is simply blatantly reckless driving. There are very good reasons why we not supposed to even use the phone, let alone make videos, at even a tiny fraction of his reported speed.

(Guys, I know: multitasking is an essential part of driving. But you know what I mean!)
Absolutely agree. Any sort of recording, calls over BT etc distracts quite a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Sorry, I have to differ.

Drawing a parallel, there is an order of priority in aviation circles - avigate, navigate, communicate.

The car driver may or may not be reacting to a last minute obstruction that sprung upon on the middle lane (not right most lane, you should play the vidoe again!) of a highway - a 3 lane highway will usually have 80 or 100 KMPH speed limits, and even if you're doing 10% lower (which most do not ), his priority would be to avoid the obstacle - the best practice would have been to slam the break, and move the vehicle away from the line of impact (thanks to ABS), while looking out to ensure he/ she does not endanger others on the road.

When all that is happening, it's not (imho) the right expectation to indicate and smoothly navigate around the obstacle - I'm not sure how far a visibility that obstacle even had, but even if it was a minor curve, would have taken the car driver by surprise.

The biker, on the other hand, was doing 150+ KMPH, also managed to slow down to avoid a collision with the car. But why the hell did he move into the middle lane right after overtaking the car - he was probably (and stupidly) fighting his fight with the car driver to his left/ back (after he overtook him) without doing the equivalent of avigate & navigate.

Had he just gone straight, or stopped, he wouldn't be in this discussion thread. Blaming authorities or act of god is moot here - the biker could have avoided crashing into the barricade. Period.
From this video, I think more from a car driver perspective as am more of a driver than a rider. I get your point. Not sure how you figured biker was 150kmph, but that's good. My comments were based on my experiences driving on Indian roads for a couple of decades. I don't know how aviation(driving, navigating and communicating is possible in split second while driving I feel) is related here, but if I were that car driver, I wouldn't have missed using either the indicator or the hazard, it comes by reflexes/instincts. Avoiding the obstacle is one thing, but my subconscious mind would also ensure, that my actions don't cause anyone to crash into my car or be troubled. In recent years, it's too common to have speeding bikers around. I don't have any anger against them nor sympathy. I would look at ways to change my driving style to accommodate such around me, just like we accommodate so many morons driving slow on fast lanes etc. I agree many of them would not be able to think through so clearly, but only sufficient experience can train one to do a split-second glance at RVMs.

If the car had indicated, or used hazard, the biker may have got a hint I think. Likely he may have stayed on the barricaded lane, seen the barricade and he would have taken evasive action.

But no sympathy for abusive language and the use of recording devices with sole purposses of creating content. This is too distracting.

Last edited by funkykar : 21st December 2023 at 12:01.
funkykar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 13:50   #39479
BHPian

Driving on the road shoulder is so rampant on NICE Road and it has cost a life today.
The car has team-bhp stickers too.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-tbhp.png

https://www.deccanherald.com/india/k...e-road-2819947

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 26th December 2023 at 12:04. Reason: grammar
chaitanyakrish is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 14:50   #39480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitanyakrish View Post
Driving on the road shoulder is so rampant on NICE Road and it had costed a life today.
The car has team-bhp stickers too.
2819947[/url]
Very sad! Wonder if driver was alert how it missed all the hazard lights etc put up by truck drivers. Can be a combination of fatigue at that hour and some highway hypnosis where one could not make if truck was stationary or moving with blinkers on. In our country we have all kinds of lights and dazzlers on trucks and buses which dilute the purpose of each such element.

On a side note around those stickers, quick search showed there is one santosh ks named profile on team bhp with a silver fiesta.
Rodie09 is offline   (18) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks