Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2024, 15:18   #39571
BHPian

Re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
I feel your friend could have steered right within that period, infact I feel your friend didn't even give it a try a steer away instead he hit head-on.
Adding to what AutoNoob said, expecting him to steer away could have made the situation a lot worse. Due to the sudden appearance of the biker he could have turned the steering a lot to the right leading to the car ending up in divider or much worse.

Please don’t get me wrong but he wasn’t responsible to save the biker by putting himself and his family in danger as he was in a bigger vehicle.

Last edited by ex-innova-guy : 11th January 2024 at 15:19.
ex-innova-guy is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 15:47   #39572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsharma View Post
Even then he had to shell out 5k INR to police and locals. Locals had ganged up immediately.
Breaking a one-way rule is an offense. Traffic police must book the biker and must be punished after he recovers. Also, is there any chance of filing an extortion FIR and getting back 5K?

A defensive driving lesson for us: Change lanes only if it is 100% visible and clear.
msdivy is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 15:50   #39573
BHPian

We can’t really plan to dodge such jokers on a divided highway. How on earth anyone can imagine some moron is driving right in the middle of the road and in the wrong way?
Enough of lucky / unlucky. If he dies he dies.
RunGaDa is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 15:52   #39574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
In another incident, seemingly from Pune, a biker with scant regard for traffic rules, cuts through oncoming traffic and expectedly gets into an accident. Hope the police doesn't penalise the dumper driver, as it's clearly evident that the biker is totally at fault in this case. Video courtesy: Twitter

https://Youtu.be/0532MBr4R0M
If so, it would've been green and other vehicles should be moving. I'm not so sure of this but the biker was taking a risk nonetheless.
venukrithish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 16:09   #39575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post
Adding to what AutoNoob said, expecting him to steer away could have made the situation a lot worse. Due to the sudden appearance of the biker he could have turned the steering a lot to the right leading to the car ending up in divider or much worse.

Please don’t get me wrong but he wasn’t responsible to save the biker by putting himself and his family in danger as he was in a bigger vehicle.
I think of all the expert opinions on the said incident, yours is the most sensible one. Sudden steering to either side is frowned upon everywhere else in the world because it leads to more risk than providing any safety. That sorry creature of a man on the bike called it upon himself and I am sad to learn that the car driver had to pay for no particular fault of his.
shabih is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 16:11   #39576
BHPian

A recent accident has been reported in Vadodara on the Makarpura-Tarsali road. A car traveling at high speed from Baroda Dairy T-junction towards ITI lost control abruptly, veering directly onto the divider.

Fortunately, the car managed to navigate along the divider, averting a major accident. The driver, although sustaining minor injuries, narrowly escaped a more serious outcome.

https://x.com/ourvadodara/status/174...956890375?s=20
Old 11th January 2024, 16:15   #39577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venukrithish View Post
If so, it would've been green and other vehicles should be moving.
The audio in the video and the comments in the video should help clarify this point. The others are waiting to turn right at that signal as evidenced by the indicators in few of those vehicles. Hence they are stationary. It was green for the dump truck.
rohitoasis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 16:19   #39578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
The audio in the video and the comments in the video should help clarify this point. The others are waiting to turn right at that signal as evidenced by the indicators in few of those vehicles. Hence they are stationary. It was green for the dump truck.
Ahh. Makes sense. Then it's clear that the biker was at fault.
Old 11th January 2024, 16:44   #39579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post

A defensive driving lesson for us: Change lanes only if it is 100% visible and clear.
That's the ground rule for safe overtaking.
chaitanyakrish is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 18:30   #39580

This gives me chills as because due to these kind of morons we are never ever safe on the road.

He had called the police and the ambulance also reached the spot pretty fast. Even then he had to shell out 5k INR to police and locals. Locals had ganged up immediately.

Absolutely no words I can think of makes sense to describe this guy, Your friend was not even over-speeding. Only thing I can think of is thank god he was not riding a Bullet.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 11th January 2024 at 18:38. Reason: spacing for readability
Old 11th January 2024, 22:06   #39581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabih View Post
I think of all the expert opinions on the said incident, yours is the most sensible one.
Sir, I am no expert by any means but just a driver who have had some incidents in the past which instilled to always be a cautious driver. Incidents like these really catch you off guard and all of us would have reacted differently. ;-)
Old 11th January 2024, 22:52   #39582
BHPian

Scorpio topples while overtaking (Watch from +30s onwards):

Wonder how the driver managed to do that.
motorsan is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 23:19   #39583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorsan View Post
Scorpio topples while overtaking (Watch from +30s onwards):

Wonder how the driver managed to do that.
During the overtake, there is a puff of dust on the right side of the road. Maybe some loose gravel or soil which caused loss of traction and the Scorpio went out of control and toppled over. Classic case of overestimating the abilities of the car.
adi.mariner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 23:36   #39584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
Classic case of overestimating the abilities of the car.
Bit off topic, but this to me seems to be the case with these brands more than others-
Volkswagen, Mahindra and Hyundai(Creta).
Many Polo guys seem to think it's some kind of hot hatch when in reality it is anything but. Mahindra Thar these days is the ultimate 'Swag' car, probably only defeated in this regard by a G Wagon. Most have some insta id plastered on them, so you can go check the dude later in your free time who just overtook you!
Coming back to topic, why do I see so many Karnataka and Kerala incidents or is it that they have too many dashcams?
doga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 07:27   #39585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
During the overtake, there is a puff of dust on the right side of the road. Maybe some loose gravel or soil which caused loss of traction and the Scorpio went out of control and toppled over. Classic case of overestimating the abilities of the car.
It is a puff of smoke from the exhaust from the looks of it. It looks like he accelerated instead of slowing down and lost control because of the sudden yanking of the steering to overtake.
tharian is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks