Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2023, 21:18   #39316
BHPian

Re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathan1130 View Post
Happened today when going to the office all of sudden a cattle entered the road..

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=BbPU...hannel=MathanG
Vandalur kelambakkam road ? it used be a peaceful drive few years back now after few aptms units , everyday is a hell
Old 10th November 2023, 21:27   #39317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reisender View Post
Vandalur kelambakkam road ? it used be a peaceful drive few years back now after few aptms units , everyday is a hell
Hello there,

Very true .. I drive 5 days in the same route . I will be very cautious and careful.
Mathan1130 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2023, 19:47   #39318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathan1130 View Post
Happened today when going to the office all of sudden a cattle entered the road..

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=BbPU...hannel=MathanG
This accident wasn’t because of cattle (which obviously should not be on the roads). It was because of tailgating by the bike and not keeping sufficient distance from the vehicle in front.
Lobogris is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th November 2023, 10:13   #39319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveMiles View Post
Three dead and several others injured as SUV rams into tollbooth in Mumbai Sealink

As per report, accident caused major pile-up.
Dear god, that's horrific! The maroon car (think it's an Ertiga) looks like it was crumpled into a can. I feel lille there should be safety restrictions on the sealink as too many accidents have happened.
Old 12th November 2023, 13:01   #39320
BHPian

I believe, the new Delhi-Mumbai expressway will be a highway which will see worst kind of vehicle accidents, never seen before. Right now , I believe the traffic on this stretch is bare minimum. However, in the future, even if 20 percent of it is utilized. You might end up seeing horrific vehicle accidents. Not the kind of pileups we see in this thread. Singular ones, where overspeeding vehicles whose driver's would overspeed beyond imagination and at the same time not aware whether the front or rear tires are carrying a punture or not. Any one of the front tires getting deflated and a vehicle past 160+ kmph and you have recipe for an accident. The driver wont have time to steer the vehicle in control past 160+ KMPH with one front tire deflated. I am already seeing people posting videos on YouTube showing thier flamboyance by driving thier vehicles to the hilt, getting past 190+ KMPH and enjoying.
Old 13th November 2023, 13:36   #39321
BHPian

Saw this on Twitter. A Creta mowing down bikers in Bangalore. While some retweets have associated this with patience and lane discipline, I think it was caused by the driver panicking. But I am still surprised how can a car climb over fallen bikes and push a car out of the way unless someone is keeping the accelerator pressed hard; probably a bit tool long to be caused by panic. It is unclear from the video but I guess the driver tried to escape too, around 5th second on the video.

https://x.com/rakeshprakash1/status/...167950977?s=46
impala is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2023, 15:15   #39322
Senior - BHPian

Horrific Accident involving an unfortunate Maruti Suzuki Baleno with a Range Rover Vogue at Narsingi, outer ring road, hyderabad.

The entire rear quarter of the baleno is smashed beyond recognition, looks like it got rear ended whilst being stationary at the shoulder lane by the Ranger Rover at a very high rate of velocity. No details about injuries/fatialies as somehow there is no news coverage about this in the local media yet, happened 2 days ago.

Credits: https://www.instagram.com/p/CzbZyt1SYVF/

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot-20231113-3.11.10-pm.png

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot-20231113-3.11.16-pm.png

Last edited by ShortShifter : 13th November 2023 at 15:18.
ShortShifter is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 13th November 2023, 15:46   #39323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortShifter View Post
The entire rear quarter of the baleno is smashed beyond recognition, looks like it got rear ended
Baffled by the disproportion of the damage. I anticipate that the Range Rover comes with appropriate crumple zones to reduce the deceleration or force during the impact. But it took out one third of the Baleno while even the engine bay of the Range Rover seems relatively intact. Does anyone has any thoughts on what would have caused this, other than a presumably cheap quality of Baleno?
Old 13th November 2023, 16:19   #39324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
I think it was caused by the driver panicking.
SUV muscles through slow moving traffic. Trampling over 4 bikers before shooting off.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Czk-V...podnZzbnd3aGlj
Old 16th November 2023, 13:53   #39325
BHPian

I am going to describe an accident from the year 1985. And I am sure none of you have come across or heard such a thing.

My mother's elder sister's husband (X) retired from his Engineering college teacher job and with nothing much to do at home he used to drop/pickup his daughter from her college which is at a distance of 10-12 km, in the remote Jorhat town of Assam.

Car was Fiat 1100 or Premier Padmini (I don't have the exact idea here).

One fateful day while starting back from college, car failed to start. As luck would have it, his son also accompanied him on that day.

While X went down to check the engine bay for any signs of trouble, he asked his son to crank it. Now here is the main scene.

X bending down to check the engine bay.
Son cranking the engine.

Radiator fan in those days were made of steel. And the fan blades were not held by the outer safety ring, what we see as common today.

While cranking was on, one of the rotating fan blades snapped and flew and sliced his jugular (25% of his left neck).

With the bonnet open, son and daughter inside the car wasn't aware of anything and since the fan didn't hit any other object there was no other sound for even other nearby people to be aware of what happened.

After cranking for few more times when there was no response from X, son came down and saw the tragedy. X died on the spot.
fordday is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 15:02   #39326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
It is unclear from the video but I guess the driver tried to escape too, around 5th second on the video.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevD View Post
SUV muscles through slow moving traffic. Trampling over 4 bikers before shooting off.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Czk-V...podnZzbnd3aGlj
One user commented on the video on Instagram :

Quote:
The driver did not run from the spot. He pulled up and stop ahead which is not visible. Read the news article and the police report. He immediately stopped, confirmed that he stepped on the gas instead of brakes. He will face consequences.
Not sure about the authenticity of the information.
AutoNoob is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 20:39   #39327
RGK
Senior - BHPian

A major crash occurred today on the Dharapuram-Palani highway in Tirupur District, Tamil Nadu. This road is one of the shortest route for Bangalore to Kodaikanal. It was a head-on collision and the car was ripped apart by the impact. It is a two-lane road and, as expected, overtaking without judging the speed of the opposite vehicle seems to be the reason. Five occupants in the car died on the spot .
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo20231116192139.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo20231116192141.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-c466b80151ea43d3bab721354189b96d.jpg  

RGK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 21:27   #39328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
A major crash occurred today on the Dharapuram-Palani highway in Tirupur District, Tamil Nadu. This road is one of the shortest route for Bangalore to Kodaikanal. It was a head-on collision and the car was ripped apart by the impact. It is a two-lane road and, as expected, overtaking without judging the speed of the opposite vehicle seems to be the reason. Five occupants in the car died on the spot .
Was that a WagonR? May the departed souls rest in peace!
AdityaDeane is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 22:21   #39329
BHPian

Quote:
It was a head-on collision and the car was ripped apart by the impact. It is a two-lane road and, as expected, overtaking without judging the speed of the opposite vehicle seems to be the reason.
Which car was this?

While I feel sad for the lives lost, things could have gotten much worse if the Indian Oil tanker had rolled-over causing oil spillage adding more fuel(read- chaos) to it.
Old 16th November 2023, 23:28   #39330
BHPian

Quote:
I have given up on overtaking on such roads (plenty of such roads in kerala) because the risks are not worth taking. You overtake a slow moving truck on such road only to be
stuck behind another such truck in about a minutes time plus the truck you just overtook turned and left the road any way at the next junction (if only you have waited behind it, you could have overtook without overtaking).

And whenever possible I give way to any impatient idiot behind me flashing his head lights and tailgating to enjoy his 1 millisecond saving. Sometimes my co-passengers get irritated by my pusillanimity. I really do not get the point; it is not that I am going to win a param-veer-chakra sacrificing my life on the road.

Last edited by Aditya : 17th November 2023 at 21:43. Reason: Spelling error
electric_eel is online now   (30) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks