BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Just a little something I found on Reddit:

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-llyvu99nvlt41.jpg
TheHelix0202 is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 19th April 2020, 10:52   #30722
Senior - BHPian

Happened in Kerala. The car was taking someone to hospital. Report says a biker also involved, so probably the biker came in the way of the car which must have been in quite some high speed.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20200419wa0001.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20200419wa0003.jpg
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2020, 01:59   #30723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I don’t recollect when was the last time, I had seen any Maruti holding so well, that too against a Skoda which is (was?) built like a Tank.
Well, I'm sure it didn't because I'm sure it's not a T-bone. Otherwise the big M would have been unrecognisable. No two ways about it.

I think the Skoda which was way faster than the Eeco(it always is anytime) just grazed it in an almost frontal dodge and in the process whacked itself onto some other hard object like a light pole and/or high divider maybe. That's what scrunched up the frontal corner. As for the Eeco, what you see is the effects of a swift affectionate Skoda side-kiss, if you may put it so, maybe.

Just my two cents. Only my assumption, we don't have technical details here. Sorry to burst your brief happy bubble for the Maruti
pixantz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2020, 08:47   #30724
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
Well, I'm sure it didn't because I'm sure it's not a T-bone. Otherwise the big M would have been unrecognisable. No two ways about it.

I think the Skoda which was way faster than the Eeco(it always is anytime) just grazed it in an almost frontal dodge and in the process whacked itself onto some other hard object like a light pole and/or high divider maybe. That's what scrunched up the frontal corner. As for the Eeco, what you see is the effects of a swift affectionate Skoda side-kiss, if you may put it so, maybe.

Just my two cents. Only my assumption, we don't have technical details here. Sorry to burst your brief happy bubble for the Maruti
Other way around, pixantz.
It is indeed a T-bone. The front right corner of the Skoda rammed straight into the front right wheel of the eeco (bent rim in the eco) and the skoda's nose rammed into the side of the chassis frame (solid piece of iron running along the floor in the eeco). The entire right side of the eeco was not punched like a hole, exactly due to this crumple zone in the skoda's nose working as it should. That's why it appears as though the skoda suffered more damage than it should have. Plus, its a traffic intersection in the middle of a junction, classic criss-cross T-bone, the pic suggests there is no other object like a pole or divider for the skoda to to "whack itself into" after "kissing" the eeco. It was indeed a simple T-bone.
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2020, 14:09   #30725
Senior - BHPian

This incident happened in Warangal (?Ramnagar Highway) during the lockdown. A couple crossing the road died when they were hit by a car. The road has very few vehicles and its tragic that this happened. The video is disturbing and you can see it here:
http://www.thewiseherb.com/couple-di...arangal-india/
Unfortunately the driver didn't stop after the accident but was arrested after reviewing cctv footage.

News link: https://www.newindianexpress.com/sta...e-2132586.html

Last edited by BenjiRoss : 20th April 2020 at 14:11.
Old 21st April 2020, 01:31   #30726
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Gopinath for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
In a terrifying incident, an elderly couple died after a speeding car hit them while crossing the road. The shocking incident took place in Warangal on Saturday. According to the sources, an elderly couple died after a car hit them while crossing the road at Rampur highway, Warangal Urban. Sources said that the couple died on the spot after severe injuries.
ChiragM is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st April 2020, 21:27   #30727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Thanks to Gopinath for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!
My word! That's a horrific thing to happen, R.I.P. That Beat must have been doing terrible speeds, and the lady guiding the gent across misjudged it.

This goes to show that not even a nation wide lockdown can save our countrymen from the foolishness of those looking for a kick while driving.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2020, 00:09   #30728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Horrific accident. Wonder what speeds the car was even being driven at. I hope they catch the culprits and never let them leave prison.
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2020, 00:28   #30729
UMe
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
This incident happened in Warangal (?Ramnagar Highway) during the lockdown. A couple crossing the road died when they were hit by a car.
Quote:
Very unfortunate accident!
I am not sure about the speed of the car involved. But I wished if they had they crossed the road in a straight trajectory instead following a diagonal trajectory into the oncoming traffic. May be it was avoidable?
Old 22nd April 2020, 01:27   #30730
Distinguished - BHPian

Came across this sad news on Twitter. No details around what happened. Amidst a lockdown, really baffling. How did the vehicle end up in such a condition?

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20200421_192211.jpg

Source
Old 22nd April 2020, 07:15   #30731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Came across this sad news on Twitter. No details around what happened. Amidst a lockdown, really baffling. How did the vehicle end up in such a condition?

Attachment 1996608

Source
Looking at the amont of water on the road, we can guess to a degree. RIP to the soul who I believe was transporting much needed supplies to the poor.

Last edited by Avinash_R : 22nd April 2020 at 07:17. Reason: Typos
Old 22nd April 2020, 10:01   #30732
Senior - BHPian

Came across this on social media. Ciaz T-bones Linea?

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-07916e9efb9a43789f6f6d4b5178ca8a.jpeg
DRIV3R is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2020, 11:20   #30733
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
If you launch a car in the air, no matter what car it is, it will meet a sad fate.
unless it is a SAAB.
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2020, 02:25   #30734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Came across this on social media. Ciaz T-bones Linea?

Attachment 1996658
Can you provide any more context to the situation? The Ciaz has taken quite a beating, while the Linea is barely fazed.

Last edited by TheHelix0202 : 23rd April 2020 at 02:26.
Old 24th April 2020, 21:27   #30735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post

Attachment 1996608

Source
I saw this few days back on some social media platform, belongs to a sikh guy who was out for supplies to the needy people.
Since there is no other damaged vehicle around I think it could be the case of loosing traction, as much as I'm aware this particular model doesn't comes with Traction control at the time of launch, however facelift of Vcross do have Traction control now.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-ewmdmjaucaajm12.jpeg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-ewncn9iuyaasrik.jpeg
Highh5 is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks