Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2020, 10:26   #30601
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
P.S. Fairly new to the dashcam so don't know how to slow down the video
The camera is set for a lower frame rate to accommodate more videos, probably at 16 or 12 instead of 25 fps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Others may decry the noise pollution, but I'd use horn liberally in this kind of an overtake.
It is clear that is a crowded stretch with OP passing a few bikers going the wrong way through the gap in the median. The focus seems to be on the Alto and how to overtake it. A left lane overtaking is attempted right at the beginning of the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I am very particular that I always keep an eye on the exhaust tail pipes of trucks and buses (momentary puff of smoke) and their front wheels because these are the most obvious hints that they will change their lanes sooner.
The tractor moves about a meter to its right between the 15 and 16 seconds mark. This is alarming enough for anyone to brake. Personally I treat all vehicles without an ORVM or folded ORVM as cattle. Some may find it offensive but lets face it, they don't really care about what's coming behind them. If it were a cow that moved a meter towards my lane, I would just back off and let the cow go.

Same with the Alto, it does not have an ORVM on the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
In fact I was scared for the lady at the beginning who crossed the truck.
It's never a good idea to appear in a vehicle's blind spot and wait. And in this case, the truck driver is probably confused as to which way he should go, and decides to take the left as a last minute decision.

Coming to the Brezza itself, they have to wait to get access to a right turn. Coming from the left and trying to turn right is a nightmare. I would largely blame their actions to poor road layout (even if it is temporary). The same situation used to exist a few years back on Hosur road Electronic City RTO / Central Jail junction, but thankfully they blocked the service road access realising their mistake.
shubhodeepdas@g is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 10:39   #30602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post

Today evening when I left office, I happened to witness this accident. It's a two lane road where I'mcoming (no road markings but still 2 lane). There is enough room for a container to turn left from the left lane. Everyday many trucks do that...Longer Trucks with much bigger turning radius. Here his decision was a last one. And hence he had forgotten about the brezza which wasn't in his blindspot earlier but at the time of the turn it was. In the video even I appear to be really close but there was enough gap for one two wheeler to pass.
That lady who crossed the truck at around the 10th second talking on the mobile:
Old 5th March 2020, 10:49   #30603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Please tell me what was the outcome with him? Did you at least teach him a lesson somehow; perhaps rough him up? make a dent in his savings? go to the cops with this footage? I hate that such careless rascals are allowed to roam freely on Indian roads there is barely any difference between them and animals considering they display no complexity in thought processes

Yes, we did stop the guy - must be barely 16-17. Typically in a village scenario around 50-60 people gathered each having his expert opinion. There was a elderly former village headman who happened to be a witness and he convinced half the people it was the tractor guy at fault. The tractor owner turned up arguing tractor driver wasn't at fault. Father in Law happens to be a senior IPS, a few calls and dashcam footage being shown to the TI driver got a slap and the tractor owner told the new rules about letting a minor drive. Long story short - Guy coughed up Rs.5K.

It was necessary not for the monetary part ( VW is charging me Rs.5K for a door handle !) but to make him realize the consequences of his minor son's action.
WasavaTyres is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 12:03   #30604
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
in this case, the truck driver is probably confused as to which way he should go, and decides to take the left as a last minute decision.
Yes. and when he made the decision, he would've seen only me and not the Brezza

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g
Coming to the Brezza itself, they have to wait to get access to a right turn. Coming from the left and trying to turn right is a nightmare. I would largely blame their actions to poor road layout (even if it is temporary).
He wasn't going right. He was going straight under the flyover. but yes this junction is a chaos. planning, rule breakers, different kinds of vehicles from (bicycles to tractors to container trucks), everything in one place

Last edited by vb-saan : 5th March 2020 at 13:37. Reason: Quote tags fixed
Old 5th March 2020, 12:25   #30605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
The blue estilo/wagonR was too fast and got involved in a "who will blink first" real estate fight for the space on the road with the oncoming bus. After colliding, the bus tried to avoid hitting two people on a two wheeler immediately in front, with a moose-test hard-right swerve, which caused it to keel over and also ended up running over the two wheeler and its unfortunate occupants. The red polo had stopped (I think to drop someone) for a few moments, just before the blue car appeared in the scene, and had already started moving, but panic braked immediately upon seeing the bus coming his way. Must be still thanking his stars.

Very true. This is my home-town, and I believe this is the mysore road. The blue car, the parked truck occupying a sizeable road space, the Polo, and the infamous road regretful ""who will blink first" road etiquette all lead to one lost life. Reaffirms my decision of not to venture out driving in Kerala, during the day.
Old 6th March 2020, 10:50   #30606
BHPian

13 killed, 5 seriously injured in road accident near Karnataka’s Tumkur

Reports says that the accident was between a Chevy Tavera and Maruti Brezza.
Over speeding Tavera rammed into Brezza . It was reported that there was around 10 passengers in Brezza !
Old 6th March 2020, 11:19   #30607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
It was necessary not for the monetary part ( VW is charging me Rs.5K for a door handle !) but to make him realize the consequences of his minor son's action.
Good that is what I wanted to confirm; that you somehow taught him a lesson. Too many people let things go amongst us educated folk but I find it important to try and make people understand atleast a little bit that what they did was wrong.
Old 6th March 2020, 11:37   #30608
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post

Over speeding Tavera rammed into Brezza . It was reported that there was around 10 passengers in Brezza !
Not sure it was Brezza or Ford Aspire. There were 4 in the car, 3 dead & 1 injured. Among those traveling in Tavera 9 dead & 3 injured. Among 12 in Tavera, there was a 9 month infant, one 4 year & one 12 year old. Car hit the divided and crashed into oncoming Tavera. That's is what the news says (https://www.prajavani.net/district/t...ct-710325.html).

Last edited by msdivy : 6th March 2020 at 11:39.
Old 6th March 2020, 11:37   #30609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Here is the news article regarding the accident - https://www.deccanherald.com/state/t...ip-811055.html
Old 6th March 2020, 11:48   #30610
BHPian

Quote:

It seems to be the other way around. Youngsters in an Aspire involved in a collision with the Tavera with 12 occupants.

Tavera being used as a Taxi for a pilgrimage would have more passengers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Not sure it was Brezza or Ford Aspire. There were 4 in the car, 3 dead & 1 injured. Among those traveling in Tavera 9 dead & 3 injured. Among 12 in Tavera, there was a 9 month infant, one 4 year & one 12 year old. Car hit the divided and crashed into oncoming Tavera. That's is what the news says (https://www.prajavani.net/district/t...ct-710325.html).
Looks like a new Ford Aspire. Thanks for sharing.
Old 6th March 2020, 12:09   #30611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
From the picture, it is apparent that the rear passengers of the Ford might have walked away from this accident had they been wearing s seat belt.
Old 6th March 2020, 12:54   #30612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Looks like a new Ford Aspire. Thanks for sharing.
It was a white Brezza. This article here has an image of the whole scene probably taken right after the accident. As per reports, kids sitting in the boot of the Tavera survived the crash. The Ford Aspire could be a placeholder added.

Link: https://www.daijiworld.com/news/news...?newsID=681633

There is a TV9 video on YouTube that corroborates the same.
shubhodeepdas@g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 14:01   #30613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
It was a white Brezza. This article here has an image of the whole scene probably taken right after the accident. As per reports, kids sitting in the boot of the Tavera survived the crash. The Ford Aspire could be a placeholder added.

Link: https://www.daijiworld.com/news/news...?newsID=681633

There is a TV9 video on YouTube that corroborates the same.
Jumping the divider and hitting on coming traffic on the opposite side is becoming just too common. A causal scan through the thread will reveal the ghastliest accidents with the highest human causalities can be attributed to it. Moreover innocent people who are driving sanely seem to be paying the price for somebody else carelessness/rash driving. Also you cannot do much to prevent this kind of accident. May be don't drive between 1am and 4am and keep to the central lane. The authorities should think about designing better dividers. There should be strong a deterrent for over speeding. I routinely see people doing 150-160 kmph on dual carriage expressways.
JediKnight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 15:43   #30614
BHPian

https://www.manoramaonline.com/news/...st-driver.html

A 7 year old child lost her life due to reckless driving. As per the news report, the police has registered a case of culpable homicide not amounting to murder on the truck driver. The driver of the bike, who is the uncle of the dead child should have been booked instead and his license should have been revoked immediately. The biker was quite clearly at fault on multiple counts:

1. Overtaking a heavy vehicle, or any vehicle for that matter, on a 90 degree turn is endangering everyone.

2. The bike seems to be driven at a high speed compared to other vehicles on the road.

3. The rider did not wear a helmet, and I don't think the child was wearing one either.

It is not clear from the video whether the truck driver made a proper 90 degree turn.

This accident is a particularly sad one because a child lost her life for no fault of hers.
KL01toKA03 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 16:46   #30615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
A 7 year old child lost her life due to reckless driving. As per the news report, the police has registered a case of culpable homicide not amounting to murder on the truck driver. The driver of the bike, who is the uncle of the dead child should have been booked instead and his license should have been revoked immediately. The biker was quite clearly at fault on multiple counts:
Very true. I do not see any fault with the truck except in case if he was over-speeding and not putting on the indicator which is not clear from the video. The truck driver surely must not have seen the biker in his rear view mirror while he was attempting to turn. The biker completely at fault and what a guilt filled life he has to live further on.

Sad for the girl and her parents.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks