Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2011, 11:20   #2881
BHPian

Re: Stupidity on Pune-Mumbai Express Way

Would hold those stupid idiotic scenes in some movies where it is considered as bravado to sit on the rails.

Anyway such behaviour is totally inexcusable.

Wouldnt it be possible to track down the address of the owner via license plates and let them know what their kids are doing?In all probability the car might be registered in the parents name.
Old 3rd October 2011, 11:22   #2882
BHPian

This is a new way of acting snobbish. These morons will only learn the hard way! Its a shame that behaving in a civilized manner is so hard for some people.

School/college kids on a weekend trip in their parents' car is always a recipe for anxiety and disaster courtesy of such acts.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 3rd October 2011 at 11:24.
Old 3rd October 2011, 11:27   #2883
Senior - BHPian

Thats too snobbish for these youngsters. I am afraid even the driver must have been drunk for sure, driving a car with OVRM mirror is too much for asking I guess for these guys. Above that they are not even following the lane discipline on the E-way, surely this is going to put other cars at risk too. Hope they learn their lessons quickly and in saner way.
Old 3rd October 2011, 11:29   #2884
Senior - BHPian

Most of the time in cases like either these are College going kids or new earners, still not sure why they do these knowingly life threatening acts. Recently in Bangalore a Punto went into Bellandur Lake and one guy died, reason he was drunk and was sitting on top of the car (On the roof), the driver lost control and the guy sitting on top was thrown in deep water and drowned.

How do we report these incidents to either police or their parents to educate these kids is something that i have wondered for quiet sometime?
Old 3rd October 2011, 11:31   #2885
Senior - BHPian

Nothing really new for me,i see this happening every day,in and around chandigarh.
Old 3rd October 2011, 11:40   #2886
Team-BHP Support

Utter stupid in my opinion too. I feel parents encourage such behaviour as well. Most often dogs enjoy the act of popping out half their body through the window.

Standing out of the car through a sun roof, seating in the boot of the hatch, standing on the running boards of SUV's are other such acts I have seen often on the roads. Imagine what would happen if a stone on the expressway gets launched from under a trucks tyre towards these morons. It would be a scene straight out of Final destination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
Guys can you help me with any links to New papers where I could submit these pics.
Try Pune Mirror. They have an email address for "Citizen journalists".

Last edited by moralfibre : 3rd October 2011 at 12:07.
Old 3rd October 2011, 11:42   #2887
BHPian

I think you should upload this picture in the traffic police facebook page. Let the law take its course.
Old 3rd October 2011, 12:03   #2888
BHPian

Quote:
I was travelling back to Pune from Mumbai
Were you traveling in bumblebee? (Swift Zdi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
I think you should upload this picture in the traffic police facebook page. Let the law take its course.
Good idea mac! Why don't you post it on behalf of the OP? I would have but I don't use FB.

Last edited by Furebo : 3rd October 2011 at 12:05.
Old 3rd October 2011, 12:05   #2889
BHPian

Guys can you help me with any links to New papers where I could submit these pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
Were you traveling in bumblebee? (Swift Zdi)
Yeah was travelling in BumbleBee..

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd October 2011 at 15:55. Reason: Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post.
Old 3rd October 2011, 12:09   #2890
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

This Stupid RTR Flyover near South Campus is a prime location to spot stupid drivers. I drive my Nano there and I usually see people honking and willing to overtake even if its a shared flyover and the bikers make me just . The other day one was swerving left and right and I could just ask why?.

@ Delhi Government: Please do something to clear this RTR flyover mess
Old 3rd October 2011, 12:44   #2891
BHPian

This happened past Saturday evening, at the junction of Nelson-Manickam and Poonamalle High Road.

There are 2-3 lanes of vehicles in a long queue waiting to get into the NM road, when this SwifDy overtakes all from the left lane and gets into the junction. Fortunately and Luckily no one seems impeded and I heave a sigh of relief. The car is half way through the turning, when the signal goes from green and out pops a motorcyclist bang in front. Two mins of altercation between the driver and rider, a traffic cop arrives and asks everyone to move on.

I hit the driver on the head and say "This is the last time You are ever getting the SwifDy's wheels"; only to see my nephew grin and get into the Ampa. At the dinner table with the entire family, he simply says "You havent seen the other F1 drivers in my father's family". Gave some stern talk and kept my mouth shut after that. Talk about upbringing!!! (felt humiliated to a large extent)

Hearing the stories from my nephew about his college-mates antics during driving, I cannot fathom where the new gen is heading. God save humanity on road and my sincere apologies.

Last edited by Rocky_Balboa : 3rd October 2011 at 12:46.
Old 3rd October 2011, 12:56   #2892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Tata Ace has the dim/dip facility as all motor vehicles need to have them as per the MV act. Most of the TATA ace drivers are just plain lazy and ignorant. Only way is give them their own medicine - use a powerful headlight/HID lights back at them.
Another vehicle with full time/all time high beam feature is Maruti Omni!
Old 3rd October 2011, 13:43   #2893
BHPian

Quote:
Try to post on the FB page of Mumbai mirror, mac187 has given us a really nice idea.

Quote:
Yeah was travelling in BumbleBee..
Can we expect to have some details on how the car handled, FE etc on your thread?

Last edited by Furebo : 3rd October 2011 at 13:48.
Old 3rd October 2011, 13:47   #2894
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
+1

This would be most appropriate and quick action that can be taken by you. Please post it in Mumbai Police facebook and the action will be prompt
Old 3rd October 2011, 13:56   #2895
Senior - BHPian

Oh you should see folks on the way to Tiger Hills in Lonavala. On those Ghats they have their children sitting on the windows of cars with with hands out and acts like these and the surprising part, PARENTS ARE SITTING INSIDE THE CAR MANY A TIMES

Imagine that place has so many blind turns and narrow roads, its a recipe for disaster.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks