Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2008, 21:25   #466
Senior - BHPian

When i notice a driver using indicators to switch lanes, they tend to follow most of the unspoken road etiquette as well.

In the mean time, It seems the Wagon R's of the world have united against me. At work, there was this guy who was persistently driving slowly down the middle, and not giving me room to overtake. Honked him, flashed , still no luck. At a speed breaker , as he slowed down, he actually moved to the right and cut me off.In the end , turns out he works in the same building as i am, and his parking slort was adjacent to mine. and in the same organization, and in all probablity senior to me . I still felt like giving him a piece of my mind , but by the time my turbo had spun down, I had cooled down as well.

Then today I saw another wagon R sticking to the right lane. stuck with him at his pace till the lights. even after the light he was going mighty slow. Gave a few short bursts of the horn. No movement. Flashed and gave a prolonged honk. Still nothing. Gave it up, moved to the left side and went past him in that lane.

I am usually patient with people who are learning to drive- marutis, ambassadors, cars with L boards.
But those who Still Drive their cars as if they learnt driving only yesterday, and as if their grandparents died and left them the roads of the world as their inheritance.

Usually I'm a very stoic person. But the behaviour of some people on the roads is beginning to get to me. I dont mind people who cut me off,come on the wrong side, overtake me from the left, suicidal bikers and the like. But it seems my patience has a time limit. Beyond a certain continuous duration, i start losing it...

Last edited by greenhorn : 27th September 2008 at 21:26.
Old 27th September 2008, 23:08   #467
BHPian

Theres a old saying here in punjab," if the driver has no balls(chick driver), just stay the hell away".
Sorry mods, but thats a fact, and i am quoting exactly word to word from what they say in punjabi.
Old 28th September 2008, 00:43   #468
BHPian

What pisses me off the most, though, is when you get half a dozen bhangi bikers who are riding in formation and have take over the whole road doing twenty kph. Usually happens at night.

I've got nothing against motorcyclists and nothing against people who wanna go out and joyride, but show the other motorists some courtesy. No matter how much you honk or flash your lights at these !@#$%^ retards, they won't move.

Makes me wish I had an Uzi tucked under my seat. There'd be some serious retribution happening there, let me tell ya.
Old 28th September 2008, 12:23   #469
BHPian

hell, even when i am p*ssed at these jokers doing 20-30kmph in the fast lane and overtake them from left to come back in their lane, i use indicators!!!
Old 28th September 2008, 12:37   #470
BHPian

In chennai two wheelers overtake from the left and very close the the left fender and they brake suddenly
Old 28th September 2008, 12:51   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzledMoose View Post
In chennai two wheelers overtake from the left and very close the the left fender and they brake suddenly
believe me, its not just a chennai thing !!
Old 29th September 2008, 19:12   #472
BHPian

My observation is that two wheeler drivers do not like to use the middle lanes. They either go past you on your right, which is OK if there is enough room (and very frequently there isn't), or on your left, which is not OK at all. I think they do not like to have bigger vehicles on both their sides. they are also not aware of the dangers they are causing others and also themselves.
Old 29th September 2008, 21:36   #473
BHPian

In India, driving license and driving schools are more of a formality and now the number of insensible drivers is way beyond any possible rectification. I specially hate those who compete in the cross sections and cause deadlock. I also hate those make early turn towards right side on a T or deadend right-only turn corners blocking vehicles coming from the opposite direction and again causing deadlock.

And I'm hoping that at least people who are reading the team-bhp forums would not do this, at least after reading this. I say this with pessimism because almost everyone on the road does this mistake unless there is a median or the opposite (right side) lane is used by the opposite vehicles at the time of the right turn.
Old 3rd October 2008, 13:46   #474
BHPian

Quote:
even i drove the same way (but mostly far left) when i had only 2 wheeler. only after buying a car i realised its hardship to 4 wheeler driver and now no left side overtaking.
Old 11th October 2008, 01:18   #475
BHPian

in nagpur such riders are in abundance. if you drive or ride for 2 kms you will find atleast one rash rider. esp two wheelers are droven very rashly here.sad but true
Old 13th October 2008, 10:41   #476
gpa
Senior - BHPian

In Bangalore, you get the kind of two wheeler maniacs who go up the wrong side of the road on a one way.. Some of these jokers even carry a whole family (Rider dad+mom+2 small kids) and ride so recklessly!

I fail to wonder why they put so many lives at risk!
Old 13th October 2008, 23:20   #477
BHPian

its the same sad story here too buddy! i have seen daddies riding with 1 year old babies taken in mummy's arms.some time back it used to scare the hell out of me thinking of the possible outcome. but now it all seems to be normal because i have got used to it like other people here

Last edited by pulsarmaniac : 13th October 2008 at 23:22.
Old 14th October 2008, 17:33   #478

How do I find a bad driver???

I first look in the mirror. If i feel good i am good else I tend to watch out for myself!
Old 14th October 2008, 17:38   #479
Senior - BHPian

out here in Ahmedabad they're mostly ladies who're bad drivers. How we spot 'em?!
1. You look for cars stopping midway on the road for a few seconds before deciding to take a left or right turn, without the blinkers ofcourse.
2. Wrongly parked cars near grocery stores and malls.
Old 16th October 2008, 21:06   #480
BHPian

Dangerous practices by drivers

Folks, I feel that there are many practices by drivers in this country that can be potentially dangerous to them and the others on the road. Please feel free to post the ones that you feel can be potentially dangerous.

1. Keeping something under the drivers seat (bottles, cans etc...) Very often during sudden decelleration this can roll under the brake lever and cause accidents.

2. Talking on the cellphone.

3. Driving with your child on your lap, a lot of parents like to give the kid a feel of driving.

4. Driving with a child in front in a car equipped with airbags !

5. Driving with a single headlight (One eyed devils).

6. Driving without headlights in the nights in city. Trust me this actually happens, a month back I missed to knock another car at an intersection when it was raining hard. The other car was an esteem with the headlights off ! Jeez.

7. Constantly honking behind another car, even if there isn't place to overtake or for the car in front to give way.

8. Honking behing another car at a signal when your signal is still red ! Darn this is a common practice in Pune, and if you aren't attentive and the first in line, you tend to suddenly move forward thinking your signal has changed to green.

Folks, pls. feel to add more.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks