Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2012, 15:39   #3436
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Passengers/Drivers spitting out from moving vehicle top my list of bad driver/passenger..
+1000!!! I use my bike to work so you can imagine my plight when something like this happens. And it is not just passengers/drivers in cars & buses but even some low lives on 2 wheels just spit left, right and everywhere they can find without bothering that there is a vehicle behind them. I stay way behind such helmet less low lives! Thankfully, i have avoided being spit upon so far.. Touch Wood!!!
Old 6th January 2012, 16:19   #3437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post

Bad pedestrians - not using the FOB
Which junction is this in Mumbai?

Non- use of FOB is such a common phenomenon. I think cops should now start imposing fines on folks not using it. I can understand senior citizens not using it as in most cases the number of stairs to climb it becomes very difficult for them.
Old 6th January 2012, 16:33   #3438
Senior - BHPian

It's the Mahakali Caves road Junction - just before Green Fields !

I think if a pedestrian is hit / run over with a FOB within a km of the spot - he should not get any compensation and the driver will not be responsible the same.
normally_crazy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 16:33   #3439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Passengers/Drivers spitting out from moving vehicle top my list of bad driver/passenger.

Recently encountered a low life spitting pan out of a bling bling Sumo. Pulled over at signal to give him a piece of my mind. One look inside the vehicle made me think otherwise and I settled cursing him under my breath.
Today, while waiting at the Hosa road signal in Hosur road, a 2 wheeler was struggling to squeeze through a government city bus and the truck in front. Guess what happened? The driver started the bus, gave way for the waiting two wheelers, and then in a very relaxed manner spitted out!!
Old 6th January 2012, 16:41   #3440
BHPian

Quote:
Passengers/Drivers spitting out from moving vehicle top my list of bad driver/passenger.

Recently encountered a low life spitting pan out of a bling bling Sumo. Pulled over at signal to give him a piece of my mind. One look inside the vehicle made me think otherwise and I settled cursing him under my breath.
Last week on my way to office , i was turning into a blind left turn when a lady in Santro in front of me dropped a tender coconut on the road thru the front passenger door.Lucky i drive a scorpio , so it went under the chassis if it had been any other small car / two wheeler cannot imagine their plight bcos of such moron's.
Old 6th January 2012, 17:24   #3441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post

This has become the biggest nuisance these days. Board any BMTC bus, you'll find the window panes painted red with pan/guthka marks. I really get scared when overtaking a bus as you can expect pan/guthka gushing out of any window at any moment. You can see my post in this thread (post #2913) and teach the same lesson next time when you encounter these kind of blokes.
The guy cleaning was just. Well done!

I wish I could have done that!

@arjuna

And as for coconut being thrown, I have seen it with my eyes. The only difference is the person threw it from the left window and the coconut shell rolled over and settled at the road shoulder!

A bit OT, but nevertheless still apt for a this thread, a far relative's friend was killed when a moron opened his door without checking if there was traffic behind.The biker fell down and was run over by a bus. Don't remember how long its been since this incident. AFAIK, may around 10 years ago.

Last edited by sachinj12 : 6th January 2012 at 17:25.
Old 6th January 2012, 18:51   #3442
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Can you please upload them on BTPs facebook page with reg plates visible? BTP will take action.
Thanks. I posted one pic in BTP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
I encounter this junction every day and at times, I felt like going straight at the people coming on the wrong side and stopping right infront of them, if I had a tipper or JCB or the like
Funny thing is that they do it even when there is no traffic jam or obstructions on the left side.

(Just noticed: Is the Qualis a government vehicle? I can see a green extension on top of the number plate)
Yes, it was a Govt Vehicle.

Even I cross this junction daily and can see this happening every time. Couple of times I have seen school buses taking the wrong side as well. I informed those schools through email and phone and they promised to take action against those drivers.
Old 6th January 2012, 23:07   #3443
Distinguished - BHPian

Where there is a timer at signals....

Drivers who think that Red - 5 = Green

I'm not much good at numbers, but whatever kind of maths did they do at school?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 23:17   #3444
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Today, while coming back from work on the Eastern Express Highway, noticed something of a decent size (football size) suddenly appear in front of my car from under the Swift ahead of me. Guess what, it was a helmet

Just ahead was a bike stopped on the left. My guess is: the helmet was on the handlebar and NOT on the head, and slipped. Can's imagine how else it could be on the road.

I was doing at least 70+. Swerved a bit to avoid the helmet damaging the underbody and moved on.
Old 7th January 2012, 15:29   #3445
BHPian

Another dad who deserves a nomination for the " Hall of Shame "

Saw them near chalukya circle, he was doing high speeds, and the kid was having a merry good time over it. I tried my best to cover up and give the dad a piece of my mind, but he squeezed through traffic and sped away.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img00096201012240947.jpg  

Last edited by mannubhai : 7th January 2012 at 15:30.
Old 9th January 2012, 14:14   #3446
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw five on a bike yesterday --- and, guess what: they were driving on the wrong side of the ECR.

I read in The Hindu today that 90% of accidents are caused by drivers.

What?

I wonder what they think causes the other ten percent? Surely the truly driver-independent things like trees falling on the vehicle, landslides, etc cannot account for a full ten percent?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 11:45   #3447
BHPian

Yesterday evening encountered a lunatic in a black scorpio. LTD sticker on the rear , without the TBHP part. Location Old Airport road Bangalore ,near command hospital. The guy was on the left lane and there was a BMTC bus halted at the bus stop , just as he reached behind the bus, he cut into the right lane cutting the nose of a Zen, no indicator , no hand signal and 5 drivers following the Zen had to stand on their brakes to avoid rear ending.

But that was just not the end ..The scorpio went back to left lane , he was delayed by a biker, he honked twice, By then I was parallel with him on the right lane, he just tried the lane change again without checking his mirrors , no indicators , I had to steer right in panic and honk to bring the guy to his senses.

All his attrocities would have helped him save 2 mins max.
Old 10th January 2012, 12:04   #3448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMichael View Post
Yesterday evening encountered a lunatic in a black scorpio. LTD sticker on the rear , without the TBHP part. Location Old Airport road Bangalore ,near command hospital. The guy was on the left lane and there was a BMTC bus halted at the bus stop , just as he reached behind the bus, he cut into the right lane cutting the nose of a Zen, no indicator , no hand signal and 5 drivers following the Zen had to stand on their brakes to avoid rear ending.
This Black Scorpio is suddenly being noticed by lot many people. I think couple of days back as well there was a post about his antics.

Now i think we need the expert services of IronH4wk to track him down with pictures and reg. number.
Old 10th January 2012, 12:14   #3449
Senior - BHPian

Am now increasingly getting fed up of more and more people developing this bad habit of keeping both the ORVM's closed. At night i can still understand that it can cause glare but in broad daylight this is utter foolishness.

I still wonder how do these people drive, they hog two lanes, change lanes without indication and i become extra careful while overtaking such people, just honk a little and pass to the right.

I have seen a few of these creatures on national highways doing 120+ speeds and both side mirrors closed
What do they want? Save ORVM's from bikers or getting damaged but okay with the car getting crashed
Old 10th January 2012, 12:22   #3450
Senior - BHPian

A herd of cows.
A pack of wolves.
A flock of birds.
A mob of people.

And a congress of bad drivers...because they are all baboons!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-image213.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-image216.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-image218.jpg
sajo is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks