Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2012, 15:08   #3916
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
and the car bangs something / brakes suddenly very hard, imagine the inertia in the child.... the child would go flying out of the front windshield. Thats exactly wen one needs a seat belt or a car seat for kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Very true! And then there is another group who is well aware of the consequences, but tends to think that no mishaps will happen with them. I have some relatives who can be classified into this group. And they feel I am talking nonsense, if I ask them to belt-up or get a child seat for their kid
in my car, everyone is belted up (me, son & wife). However the problem comes up when we occasionally have people accompanying us or if my son is travelling in another car.

in the first scenario, one person never belts up despite everyone asking her too. I dont have too much of an option, so all I could do was to ensure that she was seated farthest from my son. On the other side. As she is a risk to him if she is not buckled up.
But now even that is resolved as I had an incident on purpose where I refused to start the car till my son buckled up. thankfully she got the point that day. now she doesnt travel in my car.

in the second scenario, my son knows that he should buckle up but then I cannot force others to buckle up. So I try to keep such cases to a minimum and my son creates a big enough racket so that everyone buckles up.

One of the reasons why I dont buy a bigger car!
selfdrive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2012, 16:00   #3917

Here in Kerala, majority of the people use seat belts only to avoid being pulled over and fined. Moreover, the rule (?) appears to be that only the front seat passengers need wear seat-belts. Recently, when I had my seat covers done, I noticed that the back seat belt buckles (along with the centre lap belt & buckle) were conspicuously missing. When I enquired about this, the technician told me that they were tucked neatly below the seat as otherwise, they would spoil the beauty of the new seat cover. He further 'explained' that the rear seat-belts were never actually meant to be used and were more of a nuisance !!!
I guess people just don't appreciate the importance of safety measures.

M_83
Old 28th May 2012, 14:50   #3918
BHPian

After repeatedly telling my in-laws to buckle up when in my car, the never listened.

So the doctor evil in me and my better half decided to show them the need for belts,over the weekend while taking 'em out for a dinner, there is a nice s curve through which i generally do a sedate 40-50, but that day i was took the curves at 60, and they all in the backseat were almost catching the windows. Post dinner on the way back home same S-curve 60 again but all buckled up.

I know i was evil, but at times action speak louder than words. (10 years back my dad had explained me the usage of seat belts in an exact similar fashion on our Sierra Turbo.)

Cheers.
adityasiera is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2012, 17:27   #3919
Team-BHP Support

Stupid Idiots.

The service road of the ORR in Hyderabad.
A black Skoda with the rear passenger sitting on the door with legs inside and the entire upper body outside.

The weather had suddenly turned cool and it was drizzling. So this idiot in a blue t-shirt is sitting like this while the car is speeding towards the Narsingi exit.

If anyone knows these jokers, please send them the link to the accidents thread.
Old 31st May 2012, 11:30   #3920
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP STICKERS are HERE! Post sightings & pics of them on your car...

Saw one Maniac driver in a diesel verna with the Got Bhp sticker 2 days ago on airport road. Real maniac! Felt sad actually seeing a TBhp sticker- not an iota of respect to other road drivers, over took from the left, zipped ahead, slammed the brakes and swerved left and finally stopped on the side of the road. Mind you it was around 6pm on airport road.

Last edited by n_aditya : 31st May 2012 at 12:43. Reason: post moved to bad drivers thread.
Old 1st June 2012, 11:39   #3921
BHPian

A few days back, I was waiting at a signal. A tractor comes and parks besides me. My son who just loves any type of commercial vehicles(Age 3) along with me are shell shocked to see the tractor with missing front tyre.
The signal becomes green and the tractor guy drives away merrily at speeds around 40 kph.
What at all can be said about these unusually bright people?
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20120517_095439.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20120517_095441.jpg  

coriollis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2012, 12:42   #3922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Stupid Idiots. The service road of the ORR in Hyderabad.
A black Skoda with the rear passenger sitting on the door with legs inside and the entire upper body outside.
There are many such idiots all over the place. I have spotted and put up pics (perhaps in this thread) of kids standing up through the open sunroof in a Merc that was swerving between lanes and obviously being thrashed about (not driven!) by an idiot.

Some of these people need to see "I know what you did..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
Saw one Maniac driver in a diesel verna with the Got Bhp sticker 2 days ago on airport road. Real maniac! Felt sad actually seeing a TBhp sticker- not an iota of respect to other road drivers,
Put up a masked regn number here. two objectives:
- other bhpians are forewarned
- name & shame (partially at least)

Last edited by selfdrive : 1st June 2012 at 12:43. Reason: typo
Old 1st June 2012, 12:48   #3923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
Saw one Maniac driver in a diesel verna with the Got Bhp sticker 2 days ago on airport road. Real maniac! Felt sad actually seeing a TBhp sticker- not an iota of respect to other road drivers, over took from the left, zipped ahead, slammed the brakes and swerved left and finally stopped on the side of the road. Mind you it was around 6pm on airport road.
madan any idea as to what the registration number was and also the color of the verna ?
Old 1st June 2012, 12:53   #3924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
madan any idea as to what the registration number was and also the color of the verna ?
Sorry dude.. didnt note it down . It was a black verna and IIRC it had black alloys as well and REALLY dark tint.
Old 2nd June 2012, 09:14   #3925
BHPian

My daily dose with these muppets.

taking Bilekhalli mainroad is a challenge. Because you will be blocked most of the time these kind of idiots! Look at the biker at left! His registration number also fake! Nice way to break law, isn't it?

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20120602_075608.jpg
Old 2nd June 2012, 09:18   #3926
BHPian

How can you say, his registration number is fake? It seems to be oneway..
Old 2nd June 2012, 09:24   #3927
BHPian

^^^

No its not one way! However these muppets make it one way!

His registration number reads KA 05 U 5627. For the make of that bike its highly unlike that he would have got that series. Try checking number in btis.in/rto. You will see bike details doesn't exists.
Old 4th June 2012, 09:23   #3928
Team-BHP Support

These rascals probably never realized that they'd get across much quicker if they maintained lane discipline rather than crowd every inch of space on the road.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-wp_000026.jpg  

libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 10:56   #3929
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
^^^

No its not one way! However these muppets make it one way!

His registration number reads KA 05 U 5627. For the make of that bike its highly unlike that he would have got that series. Try checking number in btis.in/rto. You will see bike details doesn't exists.
You sure it was KA05 registered? Looked like KA06 (Tumkur) to me in the pic, in which case it could be valid ... But yes, if it really was KA05, then impossible that the bike got that number. That model did not exist in 1995-96!
Old 4th June 2012, 13:03   #3930
BHPian

Bad Drivers are also those who double park you late at night and disappear its quite like . Why?

Also, earlier in the day someone crossed the marker dividing parking lots and parked in one and a quarter lots in the T3 parking. So much for creating better facilities for commuters!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks