Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2012, 13:32   #3931
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

The biker was carrying a ladder as well as few metal rods. Not the safest way to transport these.

Last edited by ecenandu : 4th June 2012 at 13:35.
Old 4th June 2012, 13:46   #3932
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
His registration number reads KA 05 U 5627. For the make of that bike its highly unlike that he would have got that series. Try checking number in btis.in/rto. You will see bike details doesn't exists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
You sure it was KA05 registered? Looked like KA06 (Tumkur) to me in the pic, in which case it could be valid ... But yes, if it really was KA05, then impossible that the bike got that number. That model did not exist in 1995-96!
There is no second thought that the biker and the LCV drivers are bad drivers.

Regarding the number,
As kiloalpha mentioned, I also feel its KA06.

but even if it is KA05, we do not have any proof that its fake.
Just because that btis.in/rto doesn't have the details its not fake-btis is not up to date-My car's details are also not there .

details provided by Vahan with SMS is more accurate. (sms "vahan <vehicle number without spaces>" to 09212357123)
When I check with KA06, its a 2003 vehicle and this vehicle existed in 2003.
Old 4th June 2012, 14:13   #3933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post

Regarding the number,
As kiloalpha mentioned, I also feel its KA06.

details provided by Vahan with SMS is more accurate. (sms "vahan <vehicle number without spaces>" to 09212357123)
When I check with KA06, its a 2003 vehicle and this vehicle existed in 2003.
If it is KA 06, then it may right. But it didn't looked like KA 06 (not in photo, but in real). I don't belive he had done it deliberately. He just didn't bother about checking his numbers are readable.

If it was KA05, as kiloalpha states, it will be highly unlike that he would have got the series. Because the number series was that of 1995, and this vehicle make was not available then.
Old 4th June 2012, 19:46   #3934
BHPian

Big Brother has got new cameras. Beware !

Look before jumping signals on Bangalore roads: CCTVs may catch you - Bangalore - DNA

Hope this will cut down the erring drivers on the roads. Hopefully, these would enable BTP to catch people not just jumping signals but even those committing other offences as well.

Last edited by Xryder : 4th June 2012 at 19:49.
Old 5th June 2012, 17:14   #3935
Senior - BHPian

Spot the number plate contest:

Spotted this truck on Pune bypass last night. Noticed that there was no number plate at the rear. On closer inspection found out that the number plate was hidden behind the tail lights and the metal work at the rear of the truck.

I believe it would be mandatory for all vehicles to display the number plates clearly both at the front and the rear. Not necessarily a bad driver but a badly maintained vehicle on road. Surprisingly both the tail lights were in working condition.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img00022201206042029.jpg
Old 7th June 2012, 15:41   #3936
Team-BHP Support

Saw this beautifully parked car at Spar Hyderabad (Banjara Hills) yesterday evening.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-parker.jpg
Old 10th June 2012, 21:16   #3937
Senior - BHPian

Saw this swift parked in front of the malleswaram association, 7th cross malleswaram. Horribly parked as it was occupying one entire lane and was almost on the middle of the road. Had a press sticker on the rear windshield as well.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20120610-21.02.59.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20120610-21.03.10.jpg
Old 10th June 2012, 23:07   #3938
BHPian

2 incidents today

1. Today i was in T nagar for shopping. I had taken my wife and sister. We were crossing a junction when a MTC bus suddenly took left from opposite side (i.e left for the bus driver and we were in opposite direction). We have crossed the junction almost when this bus suddenly took left without even seeing that we were crossing. The bus came so close to my sister that my wife(she is pregnant) had to pull my sister otherwise it would have almost scraped her. Then i banged the bus with my hand and shouted at the driver. The driver stopped the bus and shouted at me. I complained to the traffic police and he asked me did you note down the bus number i said no. Then he said had you given me the bus number i would have taken serious action. Some action has to be taken to punish them on the spot.

2. I was in pammal to drop my wife in her mom's house. This road is narrow and there were some stones lying on the left side of the road due to construction work. I had to go the right to avoid hitting the stones when a biker came from opposite direction. He was very angry and he was telling something to his friend( look at the way this guy is blocking the road and he was using bad words, i was able to judge this) as he was trying to go past me. Actually he was trying to squeeze in the gap between my car and the wall on the right side. I also murmured something to him. This provoked him and when he was trying to get past my car nudged my car with his handle bar . I didnt want to get into a fight as my wife was pregnant and this guy seemed as though he is a rogue in that area. There is a scratch on the area where the tail lamp sits . Couldnt still understand why he was angry on me as i was driving properly and this guy could have waited till i had moved on.

Last edited by vishnu.csk : 10th June 2012 at 23:10.
Old 11th June 2012, 00:31   #3939
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This road is narrow and there were some stones lying on the left side of the road due to construction work. I had to go the right to avoid hitting the stones when a biker came from opposite direction.
In British law, if the obstruction is on your side, you should wait and allow oncoming traffic to come through. I would not be surprised if any equivalent Indian law is not the same.

However, the letter of the law is one thing: reasonability is another, and it doesn't sound like this merited such a response from him.

As I was driving down OMR yesterday evening, watching the bikers swarming, weaving with each other, as well as with other traffic, I thought, it's like watching children that have been given deadly toys.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2012, 00:50   #3940
Team-BHP Support

What we have here is an auto-driver who drove his rickshaw on the wrong side of the road, all the way from the RTO (on the Indiranagar Double Road) to the CMH Road traffic-junction, where he decided to cut across the divider through a gap, right at the traffic lights!
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-04062012197.jpg  

Old 11th June 2012, 10:00   #3941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
What we have here is an auto-driver who drove his rickshaw on the wrong side of the road, all the way from the RTO (on the Indiranagar Double Road) to the CMH Road traffic-junction, where he decided to cut across the divider through a gap, right at the traffic lights!
Then he is a good driver.
In fact, he is an awesome and intelligent driver.
Had he taken a 2-3 km detour to reach wherever he wanted to, then he'd be called a bad driver by all the other Bangalorean auto drivers. He has to keep up with the other drivers too, when it comes to the number of laws broken per day.

The auto driver who does not break any law on a given day is thrown out of the union and sent to jail.

PS: I was continuously blocked by an auto driver today morning on Varthur road for some 2 km, who kept overtaking me from my left at every hump and then drove his auto in front of me at snail's pace. Hence the frustration.
Old 11th June 2012, 11:29   #3942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf

PS: I was continuously blocked by an auto driver today morning on Varthur road for some 2 km, who kept overtaking me from my left at every hump and then drove his auto in front of me at snail's pace. Hence the frustration.
At the hump just brush very close to him. Swerve a bit left. Or just swerve left to come in front of him and brake. That scares the daylights out of these notorious ones. Remember after all you are driving the car and you can scare him anyhow you want.

Cheers.
P.s just dont hit him. Then youd be in trouble. Should frustrate them mentally.
Old 11th June 2012, 11:35   #3943
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
At the hump just brush very close to him. Swerve a bit left. Or just swerve left to come in front of him and brake. That scares the daylights out of these notorious ones. Remember after all you are driving the car and you can scare him anyhow you want.

Cheers.
P.s just dont hit him. Then youd be in trouble. Should frustrate them mentally.
This is very bad advice.

If in case you do make contact.
It will cost you approximately 2,000 rupees per dented panel.

For the auto guy, its just one more battle scar.
bblost is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th June 2012, 12:03   #3944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost

This is very bad advice.

If in case you do make contact.
It will cost you approximately 2,000 rupees per dented panel.

For the auto guy, its just one more battle scar.
My bad. Yes its true if you do make contact the above will happen.

Disclaimer: my above advice was just meant to give you a few grins and laughs that even auto drivers can be "own"-ed. In no way should you try these on the road.
Cheers!!
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2012, 12:12   #3945
BHPian

Last week, I saw a very funny incident near the Kadubeesanahalli underpass. As people passing through this stretch must know, the Underpass has been completed on only one side and the people going towards Marathahalli have to turn right and enter the Underpass here. There is also a narrow path that goes above the underpass and some people prefer to take this path as the underpass gets jammed with vehicles during peak hours.

On this day, there was a huge amount of traffic and one smart guy on a pulsar thought that taking the road above would be better, but after entering the road and riding for around 50m, he realised that this road was even more hopelessly blocked than the underpass. So what does an intelligent Bangalore 2 wheeler guy do in such a situation? He turned his vehicle back on a narrow one way road and rode against the traffic and then tried to cut across everyone and enter the underpass. Too bad for him, there was a traffic cop at the exact spot who was already having a bad time controlling all the morons merging from all directions into the underpass.

The traffic cop shouted at him for doing such a stupid thing. In response, the biker, instead of admitting his mistake, started shouting back at the cop ( and in Telugu to boot ). The traffic cop asked him to talk in Kannada or Hindi or English. The guy responded in Telugu. The traffic cop got even more frustrated and told him that this is Karnataka, not Andhra Pradesh, try to speak in Kannada. The guy says, " What Kannada? Kannada is part of Andhra. I will speak in Telugu" .
By this time, the way had cleared for me to go ahead and I missed the awesome conversation that was going on .

P.S. This is only intended to be taken for the fun part and hope no one starts an argument based on regions and language .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks