Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2015, 22:05   #7906
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Yes, I too agree on mini-honking to announce presence especially when going on a narrow street which is true to my apartment approach lane. Folks react to these in different ways. I wished our cars had a feature similar to the old "buzz" button on Yahoo messenger. This can kind of without any mess alert folks around.
Old 25th October 2015, 22:05   #7907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Spotted a bad driver parking and surprised to see the car with Team BHP stickers (Got BHP, LCLC). This was no place for parking but still the car was parked.. Cut a sorry face in front of my office colleagues who mocked me saying that BHPians are the one who mostly break rules. Could not say much.

I think I disagree with you. That place is not meant for parking but its way better than the cars that get parked on road sides and become hindrance to the traffic. In this case the banner and some obstruction behind it is already taking place in the middle of the road. That lane is anyways going to be useless. I am not encouraging this kind of parking but if something is already blocking the road then may be go ahead.

By something I don't mean that some other car is parked and you join it.
Old 26th October 2015, 15:01   #7908
Distinguished - BHPian

For me, the condition of the vehicle reflects a lot about the driver. Today saw this Alto, he was driving like a maniac and banged an auto in front of me. He was braking hard without any reason, and was looking on a suicide mission.

Came to know that he had braked in a similar fashion, and a tractor banged into him. They were laughing whenever they were banging into someone.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20151026_135745.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20151026_135800.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 15:23   #7909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
For me, the condition of the vehicle reflects a lot about the driver. Today saw this Alto, he was driving like a maniac and banged an auto in front of me. He was braking hard without any reason, and was looking on a suicide mission.

Came to know that he had braked in a similar fashion, and a tractor banged into him. They were laughing whenever they were banging into someone.
The snap shown by you reminds me of the movie Qurbani in which actor Feroz Khan destroys a Merc completely shattering the glasses and doors.
I suspect if the Alto actually belongs to the owner who was seen driving.
suresh_gs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 15:24   #7910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
For me, the condition of the vehicle reflects a lot about the driver.
Tend to agree on this point. Try and avoid driving near vehicles that are maintained in such great shape.

But mate, just a question, it would be interesting to know how / by whom these pictures were taken.

If it was you mate, I must say that is not a safe thing to do.

Drive Safe.
anvara is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 18:50   #7911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvara View Post
Tend to agree on this point. Try and avoid driving near vehicles that are maintained in such great shape.

But mate, just a question, it would be interesting to know how / by whom these pictures were taken.

If it was you mate, I must say that is not a safe thing to do.

Drive Safe.

I sincerely apologize, and at that point of time I was alone in the car. Shashi was following me in my car and I was driving his. But the way this moron was driving, I had no option but to take a picture where his number plate was visible. You never know when these pics will become handy. I narrowly missed hitting him when suddenly he braked hard and stopped bang in the middle of the road.

Regards,
Sumit

Last edited by sumitsinha0280 : 26th October 2015 at 18:56.
sumitsinha0280 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 00:17   #7912
BHPian

After sharing the roads with pretty nasty drivers and also seeing similar experiences on this thread I was thinking what if few of us can join hands and start a driving school? Most of us are from professional background with full time job or own business. So it may be something we can do as free service or we drive behavioural changes through a school ourselves to be run during weekend. I don't know what it may take to get this fulfilled but I am sure we can probably make a tangible impact. Is it doable?
srinih75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 09:32   #7913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinih75 View Post
After sharing the roads with pretty nasty drivers and also seeing similar experiences on this thread I was thinking what if few of us can join hands and start a driving school? Most of us are from professional background with full time job or own business. So it may be something we can do as free service or we drive behavioural changes through a school ourselves to be run during weekend. I don't know what it may take to get this fulfilled but I am sure we can probably make a tangible impact. Is it doable?
I like the idea but it will be far from easy. I can already see challenges come our way in setting this up, starting with getting permission. Perhaps we have influential people here on the forum who can help set this up.

OR, we needn't start a school but may be just weekend sessions where perhaps friends and family can learn and practice driving, spread the word through social media and build momentum. This way we avoid all hassles of starting a registered school but are able to make a difference nevertheless.

What we will need is a place that is convenient and a set of people who can devout time for this. We can rotate amongst ourselves and come up with a schedule. Perhaps one hour per person per week if we have enough people.

Cheers
Old 29th October 2015, 14:05   #7914
Senior - BHPian

KA-05-MK-7630 (I think) red Beat with transparent w3 URL sticker on the rear number plate - the ramp of BETL is not a bus stop to stop and pick up people. When you stopped there this morning to pick up your colleague, you created a bit of a jam there. Next time find someplace else to pick up your colleague, which does not inconvenience other road users.
IronH4WK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 17:27   #7915
BHPian

One word to describe this TN driver?

Last edited by WindRide : 30th October 2015 at 17:28.
WindRide is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 19:48   #7916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
One word to describe this TN driver?
Fun for a closed private course - but on public roads this just should not be done. Amazing driving for sure but idiots to do this on public roads.
Old 30th October 2015, 20:50   #7917
Distinguished - BHPian

That video goes on for seven minutes?

There's actually nothing wrong with driving safely and skilfully in reverse for as long as is needed, except safe and skilful is not what I would say about this guy. You need, at least, to be able to follow an absolute line. Maybe he can't do that even going forwards, so it doesn't make much odds!

I bet one thing: I bet he is not looking over his shoulder, but is looking in the mirror, which is the much less safe way of reversing. Either that or he now has a permanently stiff neck.

The craziest thing is the bikes overtaking someone who is driving like this --- but those guys probably wouldn't recognise danger if it flashed in red neon.
Old 30th October 2015, 21:22   #7918
BHPian

He is as stupid and moronic as much he is skilled.i am skeptical about using the word skilled because,the other vehicles just move away. It's other people's considerate behaviour which gets him going without an accident in the video. Also,I don't thing you can get a good view especially around curves with the internal and external RVMs alone.
Old 30th October 2015, 22:14   #7919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post

It's other people's considerate behaviour...
"Considerate"?? Nah.. Try "Panic"!
Wonder what the poor souls would've felt seeing a big car such as an Innova, hurtling towards them.. That too backwards!

Last edited by schakravarthy : 30th October 2015 at 22:22.
Old 30th October 2015, 22:24   #7920
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
He is as stupid and moronic as much he is skilled.i am skeptical about using the word skilled because,the other vehicles just move away. It's other people's considerate behaviour which gets him going without an accident in the video. Also,I don't thing you can get a good view especially around curves with the internal and external RVMs alone.
He is stupid and moronic and not skilled.

I would think that reversing without actually looking over your shoulder would be an outright fail in a UK driving test. I have to admit that, as I get older and stiffer, I find that harder to do. Hopefully, I'll never have to take another UK driving test!

A friend told me recently, after I had reversed a couple of hundred yards, that I drove better backwards than I do forwards! You know the saying: With friends like that...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks