Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2017, 17:21   #9511
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailBlazer007 View Post
unaware of his vehicle rolling backwards until the very last fraction of a second before a collision.
Actually, he was unaware of him rolling back even after the "collision". He started looking back only after the soft "crump" sound of two plastic parts touching (our bumpers), mostly likely assuming I bumped into him. Anyway, I thought it was best to let the matter drop as people arent very receptive anyway.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 09:36   #9512
BHPian

Shame on you white corolla Ka25 ma7194 you almost got me rolling off the cliff yesterday on the Goa road. Not sure if it was you who caused the major chaos on that section last night. Such a pathetic driver.
Old 25th August 2017, 13:13   #9513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinih75 View Post
Shame on you white corolla Ka25 ma7194 you almost got me rolling off the cliff yesterday on the Goa road. Not sure if it was you who caused the major chaos on that section last night. Such a pathetic driver.
Do you think this white corolla that you have mentioned is a TBhpian? From what you say, it appears so. Did it have TBHP stickers on it?

The details of the car from VAHAN is
Registered to The Unit Manager, Nectar (seems incomplete)
RTO - Dharwad - KA
Old 25th August 2017, 13:46   #9514
BHPian

Its better to maintain double the normal distance if there is a car with "L" sticker in front of you.
kiran_cr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 14:34   #9515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Actually, he was unaware of him rolling back even after the "collision". He started looking back only after the soft "crump" sound of two plastic parts touching (our bumpers), mostly likely assuming I bumped into him. Anyway, I thought it was best to let the matter drop as people arent very receptive anyway.
Once I got into a similar situation, when an overloaded Mahindra Pikup rolled backwards and dented my car's bonnet. This, and a rear-ending happened within a few weeks of each other - don't recollect which one occurred first. The Estilo that rear-ended me ended up with a cracked bumper and dents on its bonnet, thanks to bullbars, while I had to fix a dent on the boot lid.
In either case, the stationary vehicle was blamed, shamelessly - for having stopped and not made way to the moving vehicle. Logic and common sense can RIP
Old 27th August 2017, 09:10   #9516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
Do you think this white corolla that you have mentioned is a TBhpian? From what you say, it appears so. Did it have TBHP stickers on it?

The details of the car from VAHAN is
Registered to The Unit Manager, Nectar (seems incomplete)
RTO - Dharwad - KA
I don't know if the person was or wasn't a teambhp'an. In case so very bad. If not also if he/she is to search teambhp will know what was done was called out.

Anyway, folks don't know that they burn out their breaks in downhill and render them ineffective for an emergency. No one teaches all this in driving school and folks buy big fancy cars and try and goof around.
Old 28th August 2017, 12:46   #9517
BHPian

Just cant understand what these sort of guys think - that there will be no other vehicle on the road when they round the corners ?
Or that by cutting across and saving 5 to 10 metres off each curve they will reach their destination one and a half minute earlier ?

Today morning.
Just came out from home and was still in the good morning spirit. So did not curse, instead gave him a thumbs up, as he passed by for his driving style.

CAPTAIN REX is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th August 2017, 12:49   #9518
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN REX View Post

Today morning.
Just came out from home and was still in the good morning spirit.
You had the perfect speed for that road.
bblost is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2017, 19:26   #9519
BHPian

Today morning, on the rush hour road,I saw a helmetless school going kid driving a scooter with one hand. The other hand, WAS IN A SLING!

I was dumbstruck, I had my phone in my hand, but couldn't believe my eyes to take a photo.

Should find the parents and ask them 'Why??'
nijelj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2017, 22:41   #9520
Senior - BHPian

Today I was driving in our i20 over muddy (not tar road) and rough road inside a society. The road was muddy due to water standing at every place.
I was driving in 2nd Gear without any accelerator input. After I reached other end of the road, which joins Main Road, I was waiting for the traffic to clear to cross the road as I wanted to turn right on that Main Road. There comes a "Gentleman on 2 Wheeler" from behind to my left side window (Passenger Side).

The conversation between us goes somewhat this way-
Gentleman- (Showing his white shirt) Dada, Gaadi thoda haalu chalwa. Tumchya Gaadichya chaakaanmule Majhya Shirt var Chikhal Udaala. (Brother, drive your car slowly. The Mud was splashed over my shirt due to the wheels of your car tyre).

Me- (Politely) Tumhi thoda antar theun gaadi chalwayla pahije hoti. (You should have maintained (sufficient) distance ahead of your bike.

Gentleman- Tyacha kaay sambandh? Dusra koni asta tar dagad phekla asta gaadivar.
[How is that (keeping distance) related to this (splashing of wet mud on my shirt)? If any other person would have been in his place, he would have broken the glasses of the car].

Me- (Again Politely) Thik ahe. Mi pudhchya veli gaadi haalu chalven. (Ok. I will drive the car slowly henceforth).

I understood there is no point in arguing with this person. So I moved one step back and left.

He was following me and still cursed me that his shirt was spoiled due to my car. If he had maintained enough distance ahead of his bike, his shirt would not have spoiled.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 28th August 2017 at 22:42.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 09:46   #9521
Distinguished - BHPian

Poor Swift guy, he has been rounded up by others, this was at the EC signal on the Hosur road.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20170827_155605.jpg  

arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 09:56   #9522
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Poor Swift guy, he has been rounded up by others, this was at the EC signal on the Hosur road.
Go+ = Hopeless. Rhymes well na

On a serious note, he needs to be penalized for driving on the wrong side. It is a service road to the left of Xylo and the Swift is well within his right of way. Majority of drivers like the one in the Go+ enter the service road from the main road even when the signal is red and then block the traffic entering this service road from the opposite direction!
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 11:37   #9523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Go+ = Hopeless. Rhymes well na

Majority of drivers like the one in the Go+ enter the service road from the main road even when the signal is red and then block the traffic entering this service road from the opposite direction!

Little OT

This signal is truly a confusing place. Hosur Main Rd -> Nice Road junction with vehicles trying to cram in all direction on and off service lane.
I always get frustrated when I am on Rightmost lane to turn into EC-1 from Hosur road while other cars and cabbies who come after me, move ahead from left and in order to take U-turn (for Nice or Hosur Rd ) end up blocking my way when lights turn green. I sometimes feel I better stop using right lane for right turn and run amok like them and block the whole area at turn .

Traffic cops there are helpless. This is true with many signals where straight lanes are blocked by everybody overtaking from left while they wait for signal.
Old 29th August 2017, 11:47   #9524
Senior - BHPian

Of late, a lot of morons wearing earphones (and even headphones) while riding two wheelers are creating a lot of nuisance on the streets. They honk away to glory but are of course oblivious to anyone else honking back at them. What is the need for listening to music while riding a two wheeler in a way that they risk not only their life but also that of others
/ end rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Gentleman- Tyacha kaay sambandh? Dusra koni asta tar dagad phekla asta gaadivar.
Maybe he needs to be introduced to the concept of a raincoat or jacket. I am quite surprised you refer to this person as a gentleman.
selfdrive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 16:29   #9525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Of late, a lot of morons wearing earphones (and even headphones) while riding two wheelers are creating a lot of nuisance on the streets. They honk away to glory but are of course oblivious to anyone else honking back at them. What is the need for listening to music while riding a two wheeler in a way that they risk not only their life but also that of others
Even worse people on the smart phones. It is literally so bad now: people drive, and are looking "down" on their phone, below the steering. Their is no way they can fathom the road ahead. Just no way. So the driver crawls in a fast lane. Do people wear a Death Wish when they start on the road. Am at a loss for words these days.
asingh1977 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks