Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2021, 23:20   #11416
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Doesn't turn on his indicator until the last minute! The right lane is supposed to be the one from which you turn right, not the left most. But alas, I've come to expect this by now.

I almost always get overtaken on speed bumps in this city, often times from both the sides just like in this video! I've posted a previous video showing similar behaviour.
RoadMonkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 10:10   #11417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
I was send this you tube link wherein the video shows Dulqer Salman, malayalam film star and son of Mamooty, driving his Porsche Panamera car on the wrong side, and the traffic cop stops him and sends him back. Wonder what he was thinking.

Mods : if this has been posted earlier, please delete it.
Sigh, divider on the road, arrow on the divider to show the right lane (obvious one would assume) but still dude has to drive on the wrong side.
Old 12th March 2021, 12:22   #11418
BHPian

Quote:
I was send this you tube link wherein the video shows Dulqer Salman, malayalam film star and son of Mamooty, driving his Porsche Panamera car on the wrong side, and the traffic cop stops him and sends him back. Wonder what he was thinking.

https://Youtu.be/Q2xtu8kzgnA
Expensive car = Entitlement to abuse law and a sure shot way to know he'll not be fined.

I'm sure the traffic cop would've pounced on it had it been a normal looking car/out of state number. But he chose to let him have a chance to correct himself - perks of money spent on that car.

P.s. I'm not generalizing all traffic cops.
Old 12th March 2021, 12:42   #11419
BHPian

Quote:

This has already been discussed here:https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...almaan-27.html (The 369 Garage : Mollywood's Petrolhead Father-Son Duo (Mammootty & Dulquer Salmaan))
Old 12th March 2021, 13:52   #11420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amods View Post
I'm sure the traffic cop would've pounced on it had it been a normal looking car/out of state number.
From what I remember, in Kerala only police personnel of rank SI and above are authorised to collect fines. The average beat cop (which is what the cop in the video looks like) isn't - they can only direct the vehicle to an authorised officer if one is present at the location, or make a note of the details and report the incident to the area traffic control room for further action.
Old 12th March 2021, 20:19   #11421
Distinguished - BHPian

My share from this week

Kid overtakes an autorickshaw, has a change of mind in the middle, decides to come to a complete halt on the middle of the highway

Two wheeler rider wearing yellow shirt, merges from petrol bunk at the other side of the road. Doesn't look at oncoming traffic, almost swipes the wagon r, still doesn't look at the back, right royally signals his hand and takes left

6 30 in the morning, granny isn't fully awake I guess. I give a honk early, she doesn't look before crossing, after hearing the honk, looks, and decides to go back

Bus is stopped at a bus stop on the opposite lane, a lorry has also stopped behind the bus. Clearly I was approaching in the other lane, the bike rider has no patience nor sense to wait for oncoming traffic to pass, and overtakes both the lorry and bus expecting me to drive down the road.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 20:26   #11422
BHPian

Just your average Indian road callousness. Both the biker and scooty driver saved by the bike's ABS surely.

Saw the whole video on instagram, but I'm not sure if Instagram content is allowed here. Hence I uploaded the main part on my yt and posted here.

Edit: You can actually hear ABS kick in

Last edited by stallmaster : 12th March 2021 at 20:27.
stallmaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 23:40   #11423
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Kid overtakes an autorickshaw, has a change of mind in the middle, decides to come to a complete halt on the middle of the highway
This just stopping seems to be increasing among two-wheelers. Whether it's for a chat, to check the phone, or... just anything.

Reinforces my theory that many of them are just pedestrians on wheels, treating the road just like a pavement.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 00:08   #11424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallmaster View Post
Just your average Indian road callousness. Both the biker and scooty driver saved by the bike's ABS surely.
The entitlement of the Scooty rider to flip him off when she was the one not having the right of way and on phone is just astounding.
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 01:08   #11425
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallmaster View Post

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=CLZeYJjYm8s

Saw the whole video on instagram, but I'm not sure if Instagram content is allowed here. Hence I uploaded the main part on my yt and posted here.
Lots of accounts who shared it earlier have now mentioned that the entire thing is staged and fake. The biker who is involved has more such content on YT with the exact same theme. Don’t know which one to believe!

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 14th March 2021 at 01:17.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 22:06   #11426
Distinguished - BHPian

This one was close and happened today morning between Kalasa and Kottigehara. Not sure but I suspect torque steer or simple lack or concentration while taking on the curves and ensuring to stay in your lane.

The car too is an MT and 3 years old as per Vaahan portal and I presume the driver was experienced with his car but inexperienced with driving on ghat roads.

The car was stationary right on the curve for no reason. When I honked asking for way it started moving but picked up pace in such a way that "I am not here to let you overtake" seemed obvious only to end up with a broken and dislodged front bumper.

Last edited by paragsachania : 14th March 2021 at 22:20.
paragsachania is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 11:29   #11427
Distinguished - BHPian

Overtaking on a blind curve?

This fella got a mouthful from the driver of the Force Traveler. Needless to say, the Swift tailing it missed rear-ending it by braking in time.
paragsachania is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 13:15   #11428
BHPian

Looks like someone was in a hurry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Lots of accounts who shared it earlier have now mentioned that the entire thing is staged and fake. The biker who is involved has more such content on YT with the exact same theme. Don’t know which one to believe!
Saw a post on FB (FB suggestions), wherein the girl was shedding crocodile tears and confessed that the video is indeed staged, and exposing some argument between them (girl and YT'r).
Funny part, the guy who was interviewing her threatened the YT'r to apologize or he will file a defamation case against him.
Anyway, lets not make stupid people famous.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-screenshot_20210315131845_facebook.jpg

Last edited by 500ContyCruiser : 16th March 2021 at 13:44.
500ContyCruiser is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 23:15   #11429
BHPian

Re: The Bad Riders Thread

Randomly saw this video on YouTube. The Ecosport driver was on suicidal mode. He could have got himself killed and others with such an irresponsible driving.

swoosh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 09:05   #11430
BHPian

Re: The Bad Riders Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoosh View Post
Randomly saw this video on YouTube. The Ecosport driver was on suicidal mode. He could have got himself killed and others with such an irresponsible driving.
Crazy driving by both the Ecosport and Rapid. Hope somebody has forwarded this video to the cops. Both of them need to have their licenses suspended and heavily fined.

Also, whats with the Ecosport steering wheel? Seems to be cut open. Is that an past airbag deployment? Looks like the guy hasn't bothered to get the unit replaced!
GeneralJazz is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks