Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2021, 10:16   #11401
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
It was past 10 in the evening, the highway has entry points from the city and clearly traffic is merging in. This Eon driver just cannot slow down. He almost hit the car coming from the service lane.
Not saying who was right or wrong, but if it was me, i would have merged onto the highway far more patiently than this person. Especially since there is just a small allowance on the highway for me to merge onto...
Old 3rd March 2021, 11:19   #11402
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Not saying who was right or wrong, but if it was me, i would have merged onto the highway far more patiently than this person. Especially since there is just a small allowance on the highway for me to merge onto...
Apparently both were at mistake. But why do triple digit speeds when you clearly can see traffic merging in a few hundred meters away? The Eon was a few feet away from a crash.
Old 4th March 2021, 17:10   #11403
Distinguished - BHPian

One word - Haste

Luckily nothing happened, if something had happened, the Honda City driver would be blamed unjustly.

PrasannaDhana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 17:49   #11404
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
One word - Haste
Not just haste, but a hugely common mistake. Why do two-wheelers (and others!) so much love to do stuff blind. Right up against the back of a vehicle like that is the worst place from which to overtake.

Drop back. Get some room to cautiously move out and see the road ahead.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 18:46   #11405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Not just haste, but a hugely common mistake.
Common mistakes due to lack of common sense perhaps? Overtaking a vehicle was a hard repeatedly taught lesson by my father. Oh the number of whacks on the head i would have received
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 19:53   #11406
BHPian

Had bit of an eventful drive today!

1. Ford Fiesta Classic got hit by a two wheeler. @0:05 - @0:06

2. Little ahead white colored new gen i20 for no reason stops right in middle of junction. @0:20

3. Drunkards having meeting right in middle of road. Though I did not honk nor my vehicle touched them, they later banged rear canopy of my truck. You can hear bang sound at around 0:08.
Hopefully he did not hurt his wrist. I just drove off from there.
There is a TASMAC right at the corner where these guys are standing.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20190302_111301.jpg
500ContyCruiser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 20:11   #11407
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
1. Ford Fiesta Classic got hit by a two wheeler. @0:05 - @0:06
You gotta rephrase that mate.

The stupid fiesta took out that biker.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 19:43   #11408

Night time, a blind turn and a motorcyclist overtaking without a care in the world.

Not sure if the video brings it out clearly, but had I not been at literally crawling speed, the guy would have gone flying.

This is after slowing down, honking twice and flashing my lights.

On the same trip, I saw a guy casually walk across the Mumbai Pune Expressway at around 8 pm, in the dark.

These days a dashcam is a necessity for sure.
kedar191 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 22:46   #11409
BHPian

Re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by venbas View Post
I don't see any subway or overbridge for pedestrians... shameful attitude from Authorities as usual.
I live in the city full of overpasses for citizens and how do they utilise it? well, you can see here -

This is how careful people choose to be with an overpass a few steps away, on a road with complete boundary which assures the 4 wheelers into driving on the max legal speed of 90kmph.

Here's another video of people waiting to cross the road EXACTLY JUST BENEATH AN OVERPASS!

I witness these scenes every single day, people also try to cross the part of road they expect you to leave on the side of the lane while you're approaching them. Anybody can experience the same thing if they ever choose to cross Panipat. It's ever present.

I am not trying to disregard your suggestion, just showing that apparently even that's not enough! Seems like some people even lack the basic instinct of self preservation.
RoadMonkey is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 01:16   #11410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
I live in the city full of overpasses for citizens and how do they utilise it? well, you can see here -
https://Youtu.be/jOhFzJODsvU

This is how careful people choose to be with an overpass a few steps away, on a road with complete boundary which assures the 4 wheelers into driving on the max legal speed of 90kmph.

I witness these scenes every single day, people also try to cross the part of road they expect you to leave on the side of the lane

I am not trying to disregard your suggestion, just showing that apparently even that's not enough! Seems like some people even lack the basic instinct of self preservation.
Agree Its a Thug life on our Roads. Be it the idiot rider darting from a near invisible bylane onto the main road at full speed or that driver going full throttle on the Red signal(when you have the GREEN) or that Jaywalker who chooses bravado over commonsense and safety...to top it all my wife gets super upset if I honk!! I had to explain multiple times why honking is going to save lives and my skin on OUR lawless roads. Unless Dashcams are mandated on ALL vehicles and 5-10x compounded Insurance with fines are levied for Infractions we will have to suffer these atrocities
Old 7th March 2021, 08:18   #11411

It was easy to spot many bad drivers and riders yesterday evening and weirdly every single one of them where in the same area, Thaneerphandal Rajshree Ford/Mahindra service centre. 2 cars driving around with headlights turned on at twilight, it was almost 8PM!

Then I could spot a myriad of two-wheelers driving on the LHS of the road with their right blinker on only to turn left in the next junction... :

Then there are these people on the road who occupy the whole opposite lane to overtake slow vehicles, I've personally resorted to not move away and keep honking at the person overtaking. I can understand why they might want to overtake, but can't they have patience and wait until the road is a bit free before doing their move?
Old 7th March 2021, 12:05   #11412
BHPian

Quote:
Do any of these overpasses have escalators/lifts? They look quite tall.
Old 7th March 2021, 12:11   #11413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru_max View Post
Do any of these overpasses have escalators/lifts? They look quite tall.
No, ramps. And no, they are not arduous to climb. I have used one to cross the road my 3 years of University life.
Old 7th March 2021, 20:36   #11414
BHPian

Quote:
https://Youtu.be/jOhFzJODsvU
Oh my god... That person is playing with his life.

I hope it was clearer in person than on video. Scary.
Old 8th March 2021, 10:07   #11415
Senior - BHPian

Of late i have noticed that people have decided that it is ok to take a u-turn when the signal is still red and can't wait for a few more seconds for it to turn green.

We are bending the rules to our convenience more and more and my head hurts from all the banging on the steering wheel i do!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks