From today's Hindu Bangalore edition-

Bangalore - Wayanad: Route & Accommodation-img_20190329_080911.jpg
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2019, 20:30   #527
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Wayanad: Route & Accommodation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartikBN View Post
So here's a bit detailed version of my travel to Kerala - from a route/road condition standpoint.
This is very helpful. Taking family (with 2 small kids) next week to Vythiri. Had a question since you have the latest update on the road. Is this road doable on a low slung sedan? Any guidance?
Old 12th May 2019, 23:05   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
This is very helpful. Taking family (with 2 small kids) next week to Vythiri. Had a question since you have the latest update on the road. Is this road doable on a low slung sedan? Any guidance?
You can do with no issues. You'll find a few nasty ones while you are in the forest area, especially in the Karnataka side.
KartikBN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2019, 18:45   #529
BHPian

Driving to Mananthavady region next weekend. I request suggestions on the best route from mysore based on current conditions.
Old 16th July 2019, 13:30   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulb22 View Post
Driving to Mananthavady region next weekend. I request suggestions on the best route from mysore based on current conditions.
Option 1) : Mysore - Hunsur - Nagarhole forest - Kutta - Kattikulam - Mananthavady

Option 2) : Mysore - HD Kote - Bavali - Kattikulam - Mananthavady
ankan.m.blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 19:59   #531
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulb22 View Post
If your destination is in the Mananthavady-Kalpetta or Bathery side, going via Mysore-Gundlepet-Bathery is also an option.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 10:16   #532
BHPian

Completed my trip to Wayanad last weekend. The destination was Banasura Hill Resort, Vellamunda.

We took the Bangalore - Mandya - Srirangapatna - Hunsur - Nagarhole - Kutta - Mananthavady route. Road conditions are quite good throughout except for the first few kilometres inside Nagarhole Forest Reserve. The drive was around 7 hours with a breakfast break.

On the way back we took the Mananthavady - Bavali - Antharasanthe - Hampapura - Mysore Ring Road - Bangalore route. The road was again good throughout. It was leisurely drive with a lunch break at Mysore and took about 7 hours again.

I really liked both routes which were mostly quite green throughout thanks to the monsoon rains around. The resort was also amazing with great facilities and excellent service.

Cheers
Rahulb22
Old 9th August 2019, 13:26   #533
BHPian

Hi,

We had planned a drive to Wayanad from bangalore next week on 15th August, but now with heavy rains lashing the region, reconsidering it.

I understand that the affected areas are south of Vythiri, and since our planned stay is near sultan bathery, there is a possibility that it is fine.

Any pointers? Also, are there any problems en route that I should worry about on the KA side?
Old 9th August 2019, 14:26   #534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantarangerover View Post
I understand that the affected areas are south of Vythiri, and since our planned stay is near sultan bathery, there is a possibility that it is fine.
The road through the forest (Sulthan Bathery - Gundlupet via Muthanga) is completely waterlogged; a vernacular site reports that several vehicles are stranded inside the forest.

15th is still a few days away, but given that the state is reeling from heavy floods it might be advisable to stay away and not put extra burden on the roads/relief personnel etc.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 14:29   #535
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

We had planned a drive to Wayanad from bangalore next week on 15th August, but now with heavy rains lashing the region, reconsidering it.

Any pointers? Also, are there any problems en route that I should worry about on the KA side?
Wayanad is being currently battered. While things may settle down by 15th, doubt the area will recover from the effects in the next week. Best to check with your hosts in the next couple of days.

Affected areas are not only south of Vythiri. The road from Bandipur to Bathery is waterlogged and closed currently. On the KA side also, Nanjangud town is flooded and the Mysore Gundlepet highway is blocked.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 15:52   #536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
since our planned stay is near sultan bathery, there is a possibility that it is fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
The road through the forest (Sulthan Bathery - Gundlupet via Muthanga) is completely waterlogged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
The road from Bandipur to Bathery is waterlogged and closed currently.
This tweet has visuals from near the Ponkuzhi temple that is a bit inside the forest (between Muthanga and KL-KA border). You can see the temple itself in photo #1.

https://twitter.com/Nithyaz/status/1159766655624306690
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2019, 13:49   #537
BHPian

Has anyone recently visited Gudalur - Sulthan Bathery route? Is the road condition OK for a hatchback? I am planning to take Mysore - Gundulpet - Gudalur - Sulthan Bathery route instead of Gundulpet - Muthanga - Bathery purposefully to enjoy the drive through Bandipur - Mudumalai. On my way back, planning to take the Muthanga route. Last few posts reported Muthanga to be submerged during the rains in August, I hope all is fine now.

Last edited by ankan.m.blr : 11th September 2019 at 13:50.
Old 12th September 2019, 18:42   #538
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Last few posts reported Muthanga to be submerged during the rains in August, I hope all is fine now.
Yes, its all fine now.

Regarding Gudalur - Batherry route, a friend of mine is taking the same this weekend. When are you planning the drive?
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 20:09   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Yes, its all fine now.

Regarding Gudalur - Batherry route, a friend of mine is taking the same this weekend. When are you planning the drive?
I am planning to drive coming Saturday morning (14th).
Old 3rd October 2019, 07:52   #540
BHPian

I am planning a trip to Wayanad at the end of this month. Plan is to mainly relax and visit a few places:

1. Banasura Sagar Dam
2. Lakkidi View Point
3. Pookode Lake
4. Karapuzha Dam

Could someone please tell me if all these tourist attractions are open to public? The reason I am asking is some tourist attractions in Wayanad have been closed down and I am not sure if the ones I have mentioned above remain accessible. If not, I would have to change my destination from Wayanad to somewhere else.

Also, is it a good time to visit Wayanad, given the battering it has taken due to the floods over the last two years?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks