Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>>

I seem to have the following choices from Himmatnagar -

1. Udaipur - Pindwara-Pali-Jodhpur>>>>>580kms
2. Udaipur-Nathdwar-Rajsamand (bypass)-Pali- Jodhpur>>>600
3. Himmatnagar -Mt. Abu-Pindwara-Pali-Jodhpur

and this one from Ahmedabad -
Ahmedabad -Mehsana-Deesa-Sirohi-Pali-Jodhpur

As stated earlier, I am looking for road surface quality, traffic, clean eateries and BPCL COCOs en route

Regards
I would prefer the straight road from Ahmedabad via Mehsana-Palanpur-Abu Road-Sirohi-Pali-Jodhpur.Why do you want to go to Deesa-thats out of your route.The Mehsana route is excellent and the shortest iirc.
Old 21st January 2013, 11:56   #212
BHPian

Re: The mega "Road Updates" thread : Bom to Jodhpur in Feb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
I would prefer the straight road from Ahmedabad via Mehsana-Palanpur-Abu Road-Sirohi-Pali-Jodhpur.Why do you want to go to Deesa-thats out of your route.The Mehsana route is excellent and the shortest iirc.
>>>

Yes, I am veering to Ahmedabad - Mehsana - Palanpur- Abu Road -Pindwara- Sirohi-Pali - Jodhpur.

Thank you.

Any BPCL COCOs in that stretch?
Old 22nd January 2013, 13:45   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

Condition of NH-23 - Ranchi- Ramgarh-Bokaro- Durgapur Route

Hello Members,

I am planning a road trip to Deul & Shantiniketan from Ranchi. I would like to take the following route:

Ranchi> Ramgarh> Bokaro> Durgapur> Deul.

I would be traveling with my family in my Zen. Those who have taken this route or have concrete information about the condition of the roads (& route also), please suggest if it is advisable to travel on this route? I am preferring this route over the NH 2 section of the GQ because its considerably shorter.

Please tell me about the route in detail as I have never done this road before!

Thanks in anticipation of help.

Saket
Old 22nd January 2013, 15:35   #214
BHPian

Re: Condition of NH-23 - Ranchi- Ramgarh-Bokaro- Durgapur Route

[quote=saket77;3021718]Hello Members,

I am planning a road trip to Deul & Shantiniketan from Ranchi. I would like to take the following route:

Ranchi> Ramgarh> Bokaro> Durgapur> Deul.

I would be traveling with my family in my Zen. Those who have taken this route or have concrete information about the condition of the roads (& route also), please suggest if it is advisable to travel on this route? I am preferring this route over the NH 2 section of the GQ because its considerably shorter.

Please tell me about the route in detail as I have never done this road before!

Thanks in anticipation of help.

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']There are three alternatives for going to Durgapur. First one is to get into NH2 at Barhi via Ramgarh and Hazaribagh. Second alternate is to get into NH2 at Dumri via Jaina More, Phusro. Jaina More can be done via Sikadari or Ramgarh. Third option is to get NH2 at Govindpur via Jaina More, Bokaro and Dhanbad. First option is suggestive only if you prefer four lanes (work for this still going on) and distance doesn’t matter. Second option is suggestive only when you are going in day hours because here traffic is less and you can also avoid chaotic traffic at Dhanbad which during day hour. In my opinion if you start after 8 AM onwards then go via Ranchi- Ormanjhi- Sikadari – Gola- Jaina More- Phusro- Dumri- Govindpur- Nirsa- Asansol- Durgapur. If you start around 6AM - 8 AM then catch the same route till Jaina More and then to Bokaro Sector 12(Avoid Chas), Dhanbad- Govindpur onwards. Important Distance Ranchi- Sikadari 40 KMs, Gola 56 KMs, Jaina More -96 KMs, Bokaro 121 KMs, Dumri 144KMs, Dhanbad 165 KMs, Govindpur 175 KMs, Barhi 135 Kms, Barhi-Dumri 72, Dumri – Govindpur 55 Kms.[/FONT]
rch_vijayant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2013, 15:47   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Condition of NH-23 - Ranchi- Ramgarh-Bokaro- Durgapur Route

Thank yo Vijayant for coming in!

The first option will have great tarmac, but distance to be covered will be considerably higher...so, out of equation.

I think, the road that you are suggesting is the one which turns right sharply from Ramgarh when coming from Ranchi, which one takes for Rajrappa Mandir.
I would be travelling around 8 AM only, so it will be a day time drive...please let me know the condition of this road and if it is safe to travel with the family.

You seem to know the route well. Please let me know all relevant details. When I googled, it returned with this map:
Attached Thumbnails
The mega "Road Updates" thread-map.jpg  

Old 25th January 2013, 12:21   #216
Senior - BHPian

Re: The mega "Road Updates" thread

PUNE-BHOPAL trip

Hi folks
Planning a Pune-Bhopal road trip with family. I came across the following 3 routes suggested by fellow TBHPians:-

Route A: Pune > Ahmadnagar > Malegaon > Bhopal (total cum km 819, est time 13 hr 58 min)
Route B: Pune > Sangamner > Malegaon > Bhopal (total cum km 784, est time 13 hr 14 min)
Route C: Pune > Nasik (central Jail rd) > Malegaon > Bhopal (total cum km 824, est time 13 hr 20 min)

Estimated time as per Google Maps.
Route A is used by bus operators these days however route B & C have been suggested by folks in this forum.

Queries:-
1. What is the ideal starting time (is 5 am good enough) from Pune for any of the routes?
2. Is route B road condition specially in Sangamner - Malegaon section good these days?
3. How is the road condition between Pune-Nashik these days & what would be the avg. travel time for this section with a 5am start?
4. Based on the above or any other pointers which I may have missed, which route is the best for Pune-BPL in terms of less travel time / good road conditions?

Thanks in advance,
JoshMachine
Old 25th January 2013, 16:03   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
PUNE-BHOPAL trip

Hi folks
Planning a Pune-Bhopal road trip with family. I came across the following 3 routes suggested by fellow TBHPians:-

Route A: Pune > Ahmadnagar > Malegaon > Bhopal (total cum km 819, est time 13 hr 58 min)
Route B: Pune > Sangamner > Malegaon > Bhopal (total cum km 784, est time 13 hr 14 min)
Route C: Pune > Nasik (central Jail rd) > Malegaon > Bhopal (total cum km 824, est time 13 hr 20 min)
I would suggest Route A. I have tried Route B and Route C when I went to Indore in the month of July. Route A is 4 lane road till Shirdi and fast.
Pune Nashik road is 2 laned (after Chakan) and traffic is very high. Surface is also poor. You can easily get stuck near Chakan because of heavy vehicles and commuters.
abhijitvp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2013, 12:21   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitvp View Post
I would suggest Route A. I have tried Route B and Route C when I went to Indore in the month of July. Route A is 4 lane road till Shirdi and fast.
Pune Nashik road is 2 laned (after Chakan) and traffic is very high. Surface is also poor. You can easily get stuck near Chakan because of heavy vehicles and commuters.
Thanks Abhijitvp.
So you travelled in July - before the monsoons...would you know or heard from anyone regarding the current road conditions?
Am assuming there would be a change (given the state of Indian road maintenance) and hence requesting for the same.
Old 28th January 2013, 18:13   #219
BHPian

Route Warning!! Jaipur-Delhi = Total Madness

Starting a new thread as searched for this subject but all threads found were minimum 2 years old.

Please avoid Delhi Jaipur route specially Jaipur-Delhi as the madness on this route has crossed all levels. Since I belong to Rajasthan, this route is like second home to my family. Most of us already know about the notoriety on this forum and elsewhere but thanks to heightened road widening work, jams of 5-10 Kms are fast becoming a norm. I underwent a 35 Km long ordeal (Read Jam) today.

Had been doing Delhi-Jaipur-Delhi on almost all weekends since past 2 months and thrice in past one week due to a marriage in family. Going is always slightly better but is becoming increasingly mad and coming back to Delhi is real bad. Even the "start as early as possible" mantra is of no use here now.

This morning it took me a good 11 hours to reach Delhi. Started at 5:30am and reached at 4:15pm. There was a 35 Km long Jam starting from Kotputli and ending near Behror. I was lucky to be able to squeeze my way to a dirt track which lead to a village road that took me to Alwar-Narnaul road which intern had an interior connection towards Behror. That too after enduring the never ending Jam for 15 Kms.

I would suggest all to avoid taking this road by car or even bus unless very very important. If at all you do not have a choice, please take Gurgaon-Bhiwadi-Alwar-Shahpura-Jaipur route which helps skip the most deadly part of NH8.

The Major pain points are:-

Delhi-Jaipur: Behror, Kotputli and just after Shahjahanpur toll.
Jaipur-Delhi: Shahjahanpur toll, Pavta, Just after Kotputli till Behror, Right after the Rajasthan-Haryana border till Manesar.

The only 'good' option apart from flying is the new Double Decker chaircar train which has been started recently. Only problem, its only one train which starts approx 6 in the morning from Jaipur and returns at 6 in the evening and takes around 3 hours 45 mins. Tickets are not a big problem thanks to the new tatkal system.

Hope this helps someone avoid an ordeal!!

Regards
Vinay
vinayrathore is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2013, 13:25   #220
BHPian

Re: Route Warning!! Jaipur-Delhi = Total Madness

Indeed. Ive been driving between Jaipur Delhi a lot lately, and the best time to leave for Delhi from Jaipur is around 10-11 am ( 7 hour journey in the present state of things). Dont even think about leaving Jaipur at night as the highway is full of trucks and jams.

Coming back from Delhi should not pose much of a problem except many diversions and some big speed bumps in the middle of the highway. be wary of them during night driving, these may catch you by surprise. a recent night journey took 4 hours. Even encountered a big unmarked speed bump at around 90 kmph. thankfully no damage to the tires or rims.
Old 29th January 2013, 19:33   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
Starting a new thread as searched for this subject but all threads found were minimum 2 years old.............................................th anks to the new tatkal system.

Hope this helps someone avoid an ordeal!!

Regards
Vinay
Hi Vinay
I've been taking the GGN-Bhiwadi- Tijara-Alwar-Jpr route since the past 2 years.

Recently I experimented with Gurgaon-Sohna-Alwar-Dausa-Jpr route and found it to be pretty ok. Actually much better than the NH8.
Here's the link. http://goo.gl/maps/sI2St
harjeev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2013, 19:51   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Hi Vinay
I've been taking the GGN-Bhiwadi- Tijara-Alwar-Jpr route since the past 2 years.

Recently I experimented with Gurgaon-Sohna-Alwar-Dausa-Jpr route and found it to be pretty ok. Actually much better than the NH8.
Here's the link. http://goo.gl/maps/sI2St
Hey Hajeev,

The road condition from Sohna till Alwar used to be real bad. How is it now? I mean is it similar to the bhiwadi road?
Old 29th January 2013, 19:54   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
Hey Hajeev,

The road condition from Sohna till Alwar used to be real bad. How is it now? I mean is it similar to the bhiwadi road?
Its pretty comparable. The Alwar-Bhiwadi is slightly better. But all in all, its much much better than the NH8 mayhem. I'd prefer this(Alwar) route anyday over the NH8 headache.
harjeev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2013, 05:13   #224
BHPian

This weekend am going to Tirunelveli on an official trip. Since this is the first time I'll be driving to this place need suggestions on the route and present road conditions. Am planning to take up the following route Coimbatore - pollachi - palani - dindigul - Madurai bypass NH7- Tirunelveli. Wanted to avoid the dharapuram route as suggested primarily by google since am put up in Coimbatore south and can avoid driving thru the city traffic as I will be starting by 9am.

Thanks

Mods I did not find an existing thread on this particular route, if at all one is present pls merge this post accordingly.

Last edited by smrtdvl : 14th March 2013 at 05:15.
Old 14th March 2013, 06:08   #225
Team-BHP Support

Re: Coimbatore - Tirunelveli present road condition

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Am planning to take up the following route Coimbatore - pollachi - palani - dindigul - Madurai bypass NH7- Tirunelveli. Wanted to avoid the dharapuram route as suggested primarily by google since am put up in Coimbatore south and can avoid driving thru the city traffic as I will be starting by 9am.
Why would you like to avoid Dharapuram? I agree on your point about starting from south CBE. But note in doing that you are going through two crowded towns. (viz. Pollachi and Udumalpetai). And that would really slow you down.

If you stay in south CBE, I would still still suggest you to latch on the L&T bypass and the get off towards Sulur. Or by timing you start, you should be able to avoid city traffic.

Then take the regular Sulur-Palladam-Dharapuram-Odanchatram-Dindigul-Madural-Tirunelveli.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks