Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2014, 16:13   #346
BHPian

Guys, anyone traveling north from hanumangarh towards jammu, the dabwali road has been surfaced and is nice and the roads all the way up to jammu are in good condition..
Old 23rd October 2014, 09:44   #347
Senior - BHPian

Re: The mega "Road Updates" thread

A late update on NH209, but nonetheless:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/44895768.cms

The local newspaper's today says HMV not allowed in the (partially) damaged bridge.
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2014, 09:58   #348
Distinguished - BHPian

Akkalkot towards Gulbarga via Dudhani has deteriorated, esp in the middle section of this stretch. People going from Akkalkot to Gangapur, please take note.

* Road surface is bad.
* Lots of trucks / tractors carrying sugarcane.
* The loaded tractors often do not move from the centre. They are so loaded that it is a risk if they move towards the side (may topple).

Last edited by noopster : 14th December 2014 at 10:29. Reason: As requested
Old 7th December 2014, 21:21   #349
Senior - BHPian

I'm planning a trip starting from Kochi.

Kochi-Coimbatore-Pondicherry-Bangalore-Davangere-Mangalore-Kochi.

Looking for updates on Coimbatore-Pondicherry and Davangere-Mangalore sections. Any recent updates?
Old 7th December 2014, 21:47   #350
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Kochi-Coimbatore-Pondicherry-Bangalore-Davangere-Mangalore-Kochi.
Looking for updates on Coimbatore-Pondicherry and Davangere-Mangalore sections. Any recent updates?

You dont need any updates for CBE-Pondicherry. Its 4-lane end to end.
CBE-Salem-Ulundurpet-Tindivanam-Pondicherry.

For Davanagre-Mangalore:

Davanagere-Shimoga-Thirthahalli-Koppa-Sringeri-Karkala-Moodbidri-Mangalore.

NH13 is in good shape. Nothing to worry beyond Shimoga. Davanagere-Honnali-Shimoga is rough. You need to brave that section alone.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2014, 22:02   #351
D C
BHPian

Quote:
Coimbatore to Vijayamangalam (NH47 till first toll plaza after Coimbatore byepass, 70 kms approx) - Roads are very good, except for a 2 kms after the Coimbatore L&T byepass. However, watch out for speed bumps and on coming traffic. There are no lanes and some part of the roads are two way as only one side of the road are open to traffic in some areas. This stretch wont kill your excitement anyways!

Vijayamangalam to Salem (90 kms approx) - Probably the best stretch, 3 lane toll road

Salem to Ulundurpet (125 kms approx) - Roads are very good with proper lanes and signs. However, there are places where the roads go two way. But dont worry, begining of the two ways are well marked with huge sign boards to alert drivers.

Ulundurpet to Villupuram (40 kms approx) - Same as Vijayamangalam to Salem stretch

Villupuram to Pondicherry (40 kms approx) - My friends driven that route to Pondy recently and the roads are good.

Sorry, I have no updates on Davangere-Mangalore sections.

Happy & Safe Driving!
DC
D C is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2014, 15:36   #352
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for the updates. I did this solo drive with some changes.

Monday,8th Dec: Kochi-Coimbatore-Edappadi-Mecheri-Thoppur-Bangalore
NH47 to Edappadi and Mecheri to Thoppur is in good condition.

Tuesday, 9th Dec - Bangalore- (NICE route) Tumkur-Davangere-Bangalore
Tumkur bypass (Shimoga route) is very bad. Those humps before Davangere is still exists on both sides. Davangere bus stand to NH is worst.

Wednesday, 10th Dec: Bangalore-Hassan-Mangalore-Kasaragod-Trichur-Kochi-Trivandrum

Since it was a 6.15am start, decided to take city route. As usual, four lane till Hassan is excellent except for two places where flyover construction started. Lot of repair work done on Shiradi ghat and as per locals, it may take 15 days more to complete. Still 50% work to be completed. Reached Mangalore by 1pm

With a 6pm start on same day, Mangalore-Kasaragod-Kannur was crowded. It is very bad till Kumbla and from there on its good all the way to Trivandrum. Alwaye-Edappally takes too much of time these days due to heavy machinery movement in night for Metro construction. I think NH17/Chamaravattom could have been a better option for night. Finally, reached Trivandrum by 5am.

Had breakfast at Aadyas on Hassan highway. It was a nice place with very clean and tasty food.

Second and third images - Patched up Shiradi ghat and one of the bad sections.

Third image - A bad section between Mangalore and Kumbla.
Attached Thumbnails
The mega "Road Updates" thread-20141210_090758.jpg  

The mega "Road Updates" thread-20141210_103156.jpg  

The mega "Road Updates" thread-20141210_105748.jpg  

The mega "Road Updates" thread-20141210_171001.jpg  

Old 12th December 2014, 18:48   #353
BHPian

Has anyone travelled on the Delhi - Jaipur - Jodhpur stretch recently? Need to drive down in beginning Jan and a little heads up would be welcome !

Cheers !
Old 12th December 2014, 22:12   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
Has anyone travelled on the Delhi - Jaipur - Jodhpur stretch recently? Need to drive down in beginning Jan and a little heads up would be welcome !

Cheers !
Delhi Jaipur is under construction but OK. Jaipur Ajmer beautiful six lane. Ajmer to Beawar six lane, good roads. Beawar to jodhpur two lane but construction going on in some parts. Hope this helps.
ckranjan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2014, 22:18   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post

Cheers !
Check below link for recent discussions on Delhi-Jaipur and beyond.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ctions-28.html
coolclouds is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2014, 09:53   #356
BHPian

Delhi - Jaipur - Jodhpur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckranjan View Post
Delhi Jaipur is under construction but OK. Jaipur Ajmer beautiful six lane. Ajmer to Beawar six lane, good roads. Beawar to jodhpur two lane but construction going on in some parts. Hope this helps.
Quote:
Check below link for recent discussions on Delhi-Jaipur and beyond.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ctions-28.html
Appreciate the quick reply. I have done this stretch nearly four years back and the road conditions weren't that good ( Delhi Jaipur had all those diversions with the incessant truck traffic, the Ajmer-Beawar stretch was under construction and beyond Barr the highway was undivided though smooth). Hope things have improved now.

Cheers !
Old 13th December 2014, 10:03   #357
Team-BHP Support

Any recommendations on a route between Chennai (Adyar) and Anatapur.

Thanks,
Old 13th December 2014, 16:15   #358
Distinguished - BHPian

An advice for guys traveling to Patna, approaching from Gaya-Jahanabad side; NH-83.

Just about 38 kms before Patna, there is a Y intersection. Take the right side road which has a mile-marker board which reads distances to Patna & Hajipur. That route is in much better state than the left side (which is more like going straight) of Y intersection.

Both routes do lead to Patna but the latter is mostly a very narrow single lane road with lots of speed breakers & railway crossings which will scrape the underbody of your car no end. I was advised by locals to take this route (don't know why) and I kept them cursing through the entire route. To make matters worse, I was driving a fully loaded Civic, which is known for having a low ground clearance. While returning, took the other road which was in much better shape.

Soon I would be off for another road trip to Bihar and will update the road conditions of my travel. This time, I would be taking my Zen along.

Last edited by saket77 : 13th December 2014 at 16:16.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2014, 21:41   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Any recommendations on a route between Chennai (Adyar) and Anatapur.

Thanks,
I assume you meant Anantapur, first you have to reach chittor from Chennai via kanchipuram. From chittor its onto madanapalle via punganur, then to kadiri and then to Anantapur. I have travelled on this route few years back. So don't have any idea of the current condition of the roads.

Last edited by Drivethru : 13th December 2014 at 21:46.
Drivethru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2014, 02:19   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
Now the other option is to take solapur-akkalkot-aland-gulbarga-hyderabad route. This route has carpet like roads from aland all the way upto hyderabad but the road from akkalkot to aland is 20kms of hell. I took this route last week while coming from hyderabad to pune. It took us two hours to cover these 20kms in my vento. This road is full of craters and pot holes some very very deep and very very wide. You won't even find a meter of smooth tarmac on this road. Even truckers were finding it difficult to drive on it. The craters and pothole are so deep and wide that my car was literally diving in them and then coming out. I have travelled along the length and breadth of india but have never seen such a bad road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Akkalkot towards Gulbarga has deteriorated, esp in the middle section of this stretch.

* Road surface is bad.
* Lots of trucks / tractors carrying sugarcane.
* The loaded tractors often do not move from the centre. They are so loaded that it is a risk if they move towards the side (may topple).
Actually for this stretch an update should be posted only if someone reports something positive, it's been like that for ages.

Wonder why the government doesn't just give up this stretch back to the farmers. At least the craters and holes will produce something positive than just broken suspensions and hurt backs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks