Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2015, 17:28   #436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
Thanks but that seems to be not working given I stay in Navi Mumbai. Will go the route suggested by you earlier. Thanks again, cheers
Old 29th March 2015, 11:43   #437

Re: The mega "Road Updates" thread

Before you venture out to Alibaug, check out the Passport Seva Kendra based on the PIN Code of your address. It is a pain to drive to Alibaug mainly because of the roads.

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin...ePSK/locatePFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lokesh View Post
Hello Folks, Anyone recently been to Alibaug from Mumbai? How are the road conditions? and suggested route options please...

Planning to take a drive down there this Sunday for my Son's passport renewal. Somehow, Passport department/office is of the view that Alibaug is nearer and more convenient for people living in Navi Mumbai.
sri1951 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2015, 18:29   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri1951 View Post
Before you venture out to Alibaug, check out the Passport Seva Kendra based on the PIN Code of your address. It is a pain to drive to Alibaug mainly because of the roads.

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin...ePSK/locatePFC

Thanks Sri. Just got back from Alibag. You're right about the roads. It's pretty bad with lot of potholes and mostly single lanes. Only silver lining being that I was able to pick up 3 dozens of Alphonso mangoes on my way back

Total about 75kms covered in 2 hours oneway with no stoppages. Extended drive to kashid, but it was a bad decision since that road is worse.

Last edited by 1lokesh : 29th March 2015 at 18:37.
Old 28th April 2015, 18:21   #439

Hey Guys.
I am planning a road trip from Bangalore to Kashmir.
The route that I had planned was Bangalore - Mumbai - Delhi - Jammu - Srinagar. Does anyone know the road quality in this route? My concern is the Jammu to Srinagar stretch. Are the roads well made there? And are there lots of mountain passes?
I would be travelling in a sedan which doesn't have great ground clearance.
Thanks in advance.
Old 16th June 2015, 13:52   #440
BHPian

Condition of the route from Kurnool to Kadapa

Hello folks,

I am planning a trip from Hyderabad to Idupulapaya and would be visiting Nandyal in the way. Can you share the road conditions currently? The road between Kurnool to Kadapa via Nandyal is not so great the last time I drove about 15 months back. Any pointers or information would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

Moderators: Please excuse me if this is a duplicate thread, I couldn't find a thread specific to this route query.

Regards,
Umarajashekher.
Old 16th June 2015, 16:11   #441
BHPian

Re: Condition of the route from Kurnool to Kadapa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquilab28 View Post
The road between Kurnool to Kadapa via Nandyal is not so great
I did Kurnool - kadapa last year October. It was bad - lot of diversions; four-laning in progress; too many villages with no bypasses; really long stretches of traffic on one side of the divider.
SyncNest is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 05:35   #442
BHPian

Re: Condition of the route from Kurnool to Kadapa

Inquilab28. You will like the present road. Its a breeze most of the time. Look out for the odd sudden unmarked speed breakers.
Unavowed_X9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 13:17   #443
BHPian

Update: Just completed the trip. Was back yesterday night. The road from kadapa till Nandyal is very good. Apart from the occasional idiotic opposite driving by the locals on their tractors, bikes and autos there is nothing to worry. However the stretch between Nandyal to Kurnool is slightly better than my previous visit but not very great. We had to do this stretch in the evening after sun set and it was not an enjoyable experience. Specially with an over jealous BIL doing the honours with wife and MIL overlooking. We covered the distance of 200 kms from kadapa to Kurnool in 3 hrs.
Apart from that the trip was fairly usual with little to mention. We had covered Mahanandi, Yaganti, Alampur, idupulapaya in the 3 days. A total distance of 1250 kms with my Indigo eCS returning an average of 20 kmpl with 100% ac and fully loaded with luggage and people. Any questions on the route would be more than welcome.
Inquilab28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 12:51   #444
Team-BHP Support

Came across this on NDTV online today

Quote:
The Cabinet has today approved building a peripheral highway east of the capital, which will allow thousands of non-Delhi bound trucks and other vehicles to bypass the city.
More details:

http://www.ndtv.com/cheat-sheet/no-t...om=home-cities
Old 17th July 2015, 17:26   #445
BHPian

Dear Bhpians,

Please intimate the condition of NH 72 (Northern side) from Shimla to Mussoorie.

Regards
Old 29th July 2015, 18:54   #446
BHPian

Friends, Need suggestions :

We are driving to Leh from Bangalore. Plan was to do Blore-Mumbai-Behror and proceed from there. We have another car reaching behror, so we regroup there.

Now with Pune expressway issues, we are considering alternate routes. We plan to leave at 4am on 31st July.

Option 1: Blore-Hubli-Satara-Shirdi-Jaipur-Behror

Option2 : Blore-HYD-Nagpur-Gwalior-Behror.

a) Which is the better faster route ?

b) Were should we camp for the night in either options ? We were thinking Shirdi in option 1 and Nagpur for option 2

c) Is there another better route ?

Pls help
Old 29th July 2015, 20:44   #447
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Option 1: Blore-Hubli-Satara-Shirdi-Jaipur-Behror
A coupla years back, the road was not good near Satara, before and after Shirdi including one old, dangerous narrow bridge, where traffic jams were common and MP-RJ border.

Quote:
Option2 : Blore-HYD-Nagpur-Gwalior-Behror
I drove on this stretch in Sep 2014. There is a bad stretch of about 50 km after entering MH from TS - from Adilabad to Hinganghat - which was reportedly patched up recently. Alternative single carriageway of two lanes with good roads is there between Jhansi and Gwalior. I don't have any idea of the road between Gwalior and Behror.

Quote:
Which is the better faster route ?
Go in one route and return by the other!

Quote:
Nagpur for option 2
Peanut. Good. I stayed there in 2011.
  (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 12:59   #448
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Recently saw the Tumkur bypass of NH4 in the Tumkur-Bangalore direction being relaid and some expansion joints being repaired.
Old 31st January 2016, 21:25   #449
Senior - BHPian

Route Querry - Rishikesh - Pauri- Landsdowne - Dhikuli - Ramnagar

Has anyone tried the Rishikesh - Pauri- Landsdowne- Ramnagar route recently?
If yes, can you give me more information about the road condition, road scenery and typical time taken?
Old 2nd February 2016, 12:58   #450
BHPian

Guys, planning a trip from Kolkata to Patna around the third week of this month. Do I turn off NH 2 from Barhi and proceed towards Patna via Nawada or does it make more sense to travel further down to Dobhi and then go via Jahanabad? Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks