Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2016, 11:40   #481
Senior - BHPian

Re: The mega "Road Updates" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Hi,I am planning a holiday in Coorg. Wanted to know if I can drive from Kutta (south Coorg) to Hunsur via Nagarhole forest in my own car. Have not been getting concrete info. Some websites mention have to cross the forest before 6pm.
Yes - you can travel in your own car on the Kutta-Hunsur forest route via Nagarahole. But the road is open only during the day time between 6AM and 6PM.
kala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 11:48   #482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
May help, to check with @sommos.
Thanks Ampere for the referral, but tagging with @ does not work here.
Just for your information, I recently did a Kolkata trip through the once dreaded NH6 for the bad roads. The details are here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3965654
Old 2nd June 2016, 17:35   #483
BHPian

I drove from Harur to Salem a few weeks back. There is a major road construction work going at Manjavadi pass. . The road has been dug up completely for about a km and its a dirt road now. (to straighten the curves and reduce the elevation). Though on a dry day it is manageable to crawl on this stretch, things can become messy during rainy days. I was told that 2 to 3 hours of traffic holdups are common during rainy days because the trucks getting struck in the slush.
Old 2nd June 2016, 18:25   #484
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landkruzer View Post
I was told that 2 to 3 hours of traffic holdups are common during rainy days because the trucks getting struck in the slush.
Wow! 2-3 years back this road super smooth. This region through the Kalrayan forest range was awesome. Tried this road for the Kupanur climb to Yercaud and it was good. Hope the situation improves sooner.
Old 3rd June 2016, 10:46   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Wow! 2-3 years back this road super smooth. This region through the Kalrayan forest range was awesome. Tried this road for the Kupanur climb to Yercaud and it was good. Hope the situation improves sooner.
Except the construction stretch, the rest of the road is still super smooth and a pleasure to drive. I guess the work should be over in a month or two.
Old 5th June 2016, 21:09   #486
BHPian

A stretch of Davangere - Harihar Road (map) is under construction, and is quite messy.
Half of the width of the road is blocked for concrete laying, and the other half is open to two-way traffic.

Since the usable width of the road has been halved, traffic piles up every time a heavy vehicle passes by, and more so when two heavy vehicles approach from either direction.
The open width of the road is filled with potholes & craters, and bottom of cars comes in contact with the (non-existent) roads at some stretches.

If you have to drive across this stretch, would suggest to go from within the city & get out at a point beyond this stretch.

As per locals, the road work is expected to take atleast 6 more months for completion.
Old 31st July 2016, 23:51   #487

Route query for Tezpur to Nagpur

I am planning to do a solo road trip from Tezpur, Assam to Nagpur in the coming few days. Can anyone please update me about the road conditions and preferable routes that should be taken after I hit Siliguri? How much have the monsoons and floods affected those portions?
Google maps suggests Siliguri - Patna - Varanasi - Jabalpur - Nagpur
Is the route Siliguri - Kharagpur - Raipur - Nagpur better?
Thanks in advance!
Old 1st August 2016, 08:45   #488
Team-BHP Support

Re: Route query for Tezpur to Nagpur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishan Kelkar View Post
How much have the monsoons and floods affected those portions?
Google maps suggests Siliguri - Patna - Varanasi - Jabalpur - Nagpur
Is the route Siliguri - Kharagpur - Raipur - Nagpur better?
Thanks in advance!
From what little I know, the Rewa, Jabalpur route should be the preferred route. From Purnia to Varanasi is a one day drive. You ideally should take a break at Siliguri or Purnia and then start for Varanasi but, please do not go via Patna. Especially by the route plotted by Google Maps. It is a mess, day or night.

From Purnia, you have to go via Begusarai/Barauni 0 Mile and then go to Bodh Gaya via Rajgir. Post Bodh Gaya, NH-2 would welcome you and you can continue towards Varanasi.

I hope others chip in for your Kharagpur route query as well as the Bilaspur - Raipur road condition.

Do also look here
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 12:05   #489
BHPian

Planning a drive from Mumbai To Mahableshwar and Mahableshwar to Goa during the long holiday week from 13th to 19th August.

Would be grateful if someone could guide me on the condition of the following route.

Mumbai-Mahableshwar would a straight boring drive through Mumbai-Pune-Wai Mahableshwar

Mahableshwar-Goa would be Wai-satara-Kolhapur-Nippani-Amboli ghat-Sawantwadi-Goa

regards
Old 2nd August 2016, 12:49   #490
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
Would be grateful if someone could guide me on the condition of the following route.

Mumbai-Mahableshwar would a straight boring drive through Mumbai-Pune-Wai Mahableshwar
Look at this thread for recent updates on this route
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...queries-4.html
Old 2nd August 2016, 13:10   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
But Wai to Mahabaleshwar through Panchgani is a nice curvy ride through the ghat. You cannot do speeds here but definitely I enjoyed the driving through the ghats.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 18:43   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
But Wai to Mahabaleshwar through Panchgani is a nice curvy ride through the ghat. You cannot do speeds here but definitely I enjoyed the driving through the ghats.
Yes it is curvy, but not as fun as the poladpur Mahableshwar ghat.
However, wanted to avoid NH17 due to domestic pressure.
Old 19th August 2016, 18:45   #493
BHPian

Planning a road trip from Bengaluru to the NE States but we awnt to go via Ranchi as there is a reunion I have to attend. Been on the beaten track(via AP-Odisha) a No. of times on our various drives to Bhutan, Bengal and Odisha, so want to try the Central India route-Hyderabad-Nagpur-Raipur-sambalpur/Bilaspur-Ranchi. From Ranchi will follow the routes suggested on various threads on this forum.

Please advice on the route conditions and places of stay. Driven from Nagpur to Bengaluru during our last year's drive to Leh so this is familiar. Its Nagpur to Ranchi which is unknown section.

Regards

Col J H Mayne
Old 24th September 2016, 12:16   #494
Senior - BHPian

Hi team, i am leaving for Munsiyari on Tue. Any updates regarding the route after Bhowali ?
Old 6th October 2016, 14:14   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Hi team, i am leaving for Munsiyari on Tue. Any updates regarding the route after Bhowali ?
Hi! Did you go on your trip? If yes, which route did you take and how was the road condition? I'm leaving for Bhowali (Bhimtal) day after tomorrow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks