Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2018, 11:52   #541
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The mega "Road Updates" thread

This notice was published today in the newspaper.

Source:Indian Express, Bangalore 21 Sep 2018 - Link

It mentions that toll will start from 22 Sep on the SH 9 from Yelahanka to AP Border. I think this is the Yelahanka-Dodballapur-Gaurabidanur road, but could not understand where exactly the toll will come up.
Old 21st September 2018, 13:21   #542
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
It mentions that toll will start from 22 Sep on the SH 9 from Yelahanka to AP Border. I think this is the Yelahanka-Dodballapur-Gaurabidanur road, but could not understand where exactly the toll will come up.
The Image refers to 2 toll booths. One that I mentioned on the other thread at Kadatanamale (Between Rajankunte and Doddaballapura road) and the second one at Gunjur, more appropriately the Gunjur lake, both of these points separated by 27 Kms.

Kadatanamale to Gunjuru

The mega "Road Updates" thread-untitled.jpg

The Doddaballapura Road has been witnessing hyper growth of traffic in the last 2-3 years itself that even past midnight or as early as 0300AM, there is good inflow of vehicles into the city comprising of trucks.

Guess this will help those truckers coming from Tumkur side or even Hindupur side to opt for this road owing to bus traffic on the regular entry points.

During the day time, I see so many KSRTC buses take this road to destinations like Hindupur, Ananthpur etc. I guess right time they started to charge toll for this since anyway the 4 lane till Doddaballapura can be called 95% complete now.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2018, 15:07   #543
BHPian

Plannin for Kukke and Dharmasthala trip from Bangalore next week. Any updates on the route please. I was told that Charmadi ghats are closed. First time I am travelling towards that region. Any suggestions on accommodation also required.
Old 15th December 2018, 16:57   #544
Senior - BHPian

Folks, need suggestions on best route from Munnar to Kovalam. Will this be the best route to take https://goo.gl/maps/oVAQqouhyZn
Old 6th February 2019, 12:48   #545
Team-BHP Support

On a Royal Enfield Himalayan.

Hyderabad to Udaipur:
This is the route you don't want to take.
Day 1: Hyderabad (BHEL, 7:00 AM) to Nanded -> Hingoli -> Washim -> Dasarkhed (Hotel Aman at 10:30 PM)
The roads are mostly two lane backtops. There is a lot of construction going on for the last 100 kilometers towards Dasarkhed. The roads in this part of Maharashtra are a disgrace. Hotel Aman is not exactly family friendly and are more like a large dormitory. They were fine for us bikers.

Day 2: Dasarkhed (9 AM) to Mandsaur (Yashodharman highway Treat)
Some issue with my google timeline so I don't know exactly when we reached the destination. I guess it was around 10 PM or so.
The roads till Burhanpur are non-existent. My bike had a lot of fun riding them. But if you are in a car, you will cry.
The roads after Mhow, Ratlam are much better. Some nice ghats on this route. The hotel Yashodharman is highly recommended. Excellent place and very family friendly.

Day 3: Mandsaur to Neemuch and then Udaipur.
Around Neemuch there are some 90 kilometers of two lane blacktop. Rest of it is mostly fourlane. Good roads. As you approach Udaipur, there is construction and hence some diversions.

Udaipur to Hyderabad
Made a mistake of choosing the Google route for Bike. Should have ideally stuck to car. But in hindsight this resulted in a route, which on bike was a lot of fun.

Day 1: Ghasiyar (20 kms from Udaipur, 7 AM) to Ujjai (1:30 PM) and then Betul (Hotel Ramkrishna, 11:30 PM)
Ideally we should have continued from Ujjain towards Bhopal. But thanks to google maps we ended up on a horrible stretch around Dewas. It was full of potholes and tiring. But then the last 60+ kilometers towards Betul was in the Ghats. Bad roads, No moon to light up the sky. Just 3 bikes roaring thru the heavily forested stretch. I wish I was back on that road, as I type this. Awesome experience and pure adrenaline fueled stretch.
Hotel Ramkrishna is Betul is very nice and family friendly. We paid 1500 for 3 of us. Includes breakfast as well.

Day 2: Betul (8:30 AM) to Nagpur (11:00 AM) to Hyderabad (10:30 PM)
Very good fourlane roads all the way.
We had the sun in our eyes and fatigue on our shoulders so rode relaxed and easy.
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 14:03   #546
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Udaipur to Hyderabad
Made a mistake of choosing the Google route for Bike. Should have ideally stuck to car. But in hindsight this resulted in a route, which on bike was a lot of fun.

Day 1: Ghasiyar (20 kms from Udaipur, 7 AM) to Ujjai (1:30 PM) and then Betul (Hotel Ramkrishna, 11:30 PM)
Ideally we should have continued from Ujjain towards Bhopal. But thanks to google maps we ended up on a horrible stretch around Dewas. It was full of potholes and tiring. But then the last 60+ kilometers towards Betul was in the Ghats. Bad roads, No moon to light up the sky. Just 3 bikes roaring thru the heavily forested stretch. I wish I was back on that road, as I type this. Awesome experience and pure adrenaline fueled stretch.
Hotel Ramkrishna is Betul is very nice and family friendly. We paid 1500 for 3 of us. Includes breakfast as well.
Did you pass through Ujjain - Dewas - Khategaon - Harda - Betul stretch? If yes can you please shed some light on the condition of this road? I am planning to go next month.

I did Betul - Harda - Khategaon - Indore back in Sep 2017 in my WagonR. It was horrible to say the least. Especially Harda - Indore. Took me ~ 3hrs for a 80 km stretch. While returning, I did Indore - Bhopal - Betul - Hyderabad which was a welcome relief.

The ghats near Betul were very beautiful but like you said, the roads were broken back then.
Old 6th February 2019, 14:13   #547
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Did you pass through Ujjain - Dewas - Khategaon - Harda - Betul stretch?
The exact route I took from my Google Timeline:

The mega "Road Updates" thread-ujjain-betul.png
On top is Ujjain and Betul at the bottom.

Don't take this route. I enjoyed it on my Himalayan as its built for this. My friend on the Thunderbird X was not amused.
People in a car will be very sorry.
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 10:09   #548
BHPian

Just back from a road trip from Pune to Ambajogai. In true Team-bhp style did the thorough research and spoke to frequent travelers in Ambajogai, the consensus was Pune - Solapur - Tuljapur - Latur - Ambajogai, the route is 100 kms longer but nice road throughout. The other 2 routes through Barsi and Jamkhed were both pothole filled. I went ahead with this advice and completed the 440 odd kms from west pune to Ambejogai in 7 hours with a 25 mins stop near solapur. Started at 10 AM from Pune and reached ambejogai at 5 PM. Below is the route detail:

Pune - Solapur: Nice road throughout, some diversions after Indapur and multiple speed breakers too. Be careful at the diversions as there are bikes coming from the wrong side too. Stopped at Nisarg restaurant, had nice thali.

Solapur - Tuljapur: Best stretch of the route and the least noisy too. Though a bit winding.

Tuljapur - Ausa: Not complete yet, roadwork in progress. The diversions are jarring but no potholes as the side roads are also all leveled.

Ausa - Latur: Old style road with some single divider-less roads too.

Latur - Ambajogai: Again road work in progress, road till Renapur has diversions and steep fall on one side, so be careful. Saw a few tractors fallen. Renapur to outskirts of Ambajogai is super. Don't take the Pokhari road to Ambajogai, stick to the straight road with the marked diversions.

I was in my civic so wanted to avoid the potholed roads at all cost. Returns journey was similar, started at 2 PM and reached home at 9:30 PM as I got stuck into major traffic at hadapsar!
Meer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2019, 08:25   #549

Jabalpur to Bilaspur route conditions

Dear Fellow BHPians,
I’m planning a road trip from JABALPUR to Bilaspur (CG).
The preferred route is JABALPUR-Amarkantak- Bilaspur

Does someone have any recent understanding of how the toad conditions are and if the route is safe to drive during the day with family?

Also, have never driven to mountains before but have been driving ars for over 6 years now, any special instructions to keep in mind while going through the Amarkantak mountain range?

Your help and advice is appreciated.

Thanks
ST
Old 8th July 2019, 13:02   #550

Re: Jabalpur to Bilaspur route conditions

Quote:
Originally Posted by stritual View Post
I’m planning a road trip from JABALPUR to Bilaspur (CG).
The preferred route is JABALPUR-Amarkantak- Bilaspur
UPDATE: We finally went on to the above route. Followed Jabalpur-Dindori-Amarkantak-Bilaspur route. The roads are fantastic, well maintained & quite scenic.
If you are traveling from Amarkantak to Bilaspur or vice versa, the only thing to keep in mind is to take the Ratanpur road as the other one, The Achanak Mar road is not in very good shape.

Thanks
ST

Last edited by ampere : 9th July 2019 at 09:27. Reason: trimmed quoted post
stritual is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 16:59   #551
Senior - BHPian

Road condition: Meerut, Moradabad, Rudrapur

Actually, Karnal to Meerut to Moradabad to Rudrapur....anybody know how the
road is NOW???

I usually go Dehradun, Haridwar, Nagina, Kashipur, Rudrapur but there is increased construction that way and I thought I might try something new, see something new.
Old 14th August 2019, 11:30   #552
BHPian

Hubli to Kumta Road Condition

Hello All,

I am planning to drive from Mumbai to Kumta via Hubli tomorrow.
Does anyone know how is the road condition as of today?

Thanks
CarBot
Old 14th August 2019, 12:45   #553
BHPian

Re: Hubli to Kumta Road Condition

Hey, I was just checking google maps yesterday and there were plenty of road blocks on this stretch - mainly because of the rains I presume.

I had traveled in July & the road from Sirsi to Kumta (at least 50% of it) was not in a great condition. The rains in last few weeks would've spoilt it further.
null is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2019, 16:54   #554
BHPian

Re: Hubli to Kumta Road Condition

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarBot View Post
Hello All,

I am planning to drive from Mumbai to Kumta via Hubli tomorrow.
Does anyone know how is the road condition as of today?

Thanks
CarBot

Had gone to Kerala 2 weeks ago through this route. Road is not in good condition at all. Sirsi Kumta Kundapur right upto Mangalore is bad.
Old 31st August 2019, 17:46   #555
BHPian

Hello dear friends,

I would be going on a long trip in the 3rd week of September with my friends. Can you please update me the current road conditions on this route.

The mega "Road Updates" thread-sept-trip.jpg

Tirunnelveli > Bangalore > Hyderabad > Nagpur > Sagar > Gurgaon > Shimla

Link : Google Maps Link

Some queries.

1. Above link does not take the Yamuna Agra Expressway, Should we go through that? As we would be halting near Delhi, both Gurgaon and Noida are ok for us.

2. Is it safe to ride bikes on this expressway in the night, say after 8.00PM?

Thanks,
Ajay

Last edited by Vasuki : 31st August 2019 at 17:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks