Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2017, 07:32   #526
Team-BHP Support

Re: The mega "Road Updates" thread

One more query. I am unsure if the thread maybe moved to this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...or-kanpur.html
Old 26th May 2017, 17:41   #527
BHPian

l want to inquire about the route from Pune to Ambajogai. I will be travelling on Sunday with family including a 4 year old. How is the road condition from Tembhurni till Ambajogai via Barshi ? I am thinking on taking this route. The other one via Solapur - Tuljapur takes around 2 hours more and in this heat, the earlier we reach the better.
Old 21st July 2017, 17:29   #528
BHPian

Planning a trip to Betla forest and Netarhat from Kolkata and back in August. The possible route itinerary is as follows:
1) Kolkata-NH19 (formerly NH2)- Aurangabad-NH 139 (formerly NH 98)- Daltonganj-Betla
2) Betla-Netarhat via Mahuadanr
3) Netarhat-Lohardaga-Ranchi-Kolkata

Please give your input on the current road situation in the above route.
Thanks,
Old 7th January 2018, 21:07   #529
BHPian

Status of road conditions as of today:

Pune- Aurangabad: Good, Highway with Divider.

Aurangabad- Pahur: Good, two lane highway with heavy local traffic

Pahur- Burhanpur: Bad roads filled with big potholes and plenty of them.

Burhandpur- Khandwa: Good, two lane highway no divider

Khandwa- Punasa: Good, two lane highway no divider

Punasa- Satwas: No Road at all! Road is being built and very dangerous to travel with family especially in the night. Dense jungle, no villages and dirt,gravel, boulders. MP government is building concrete road, will take more than a year. Google maps shows state highway whereas it dosent exist at all!

Satwas- Kannod- Khategaon- Narsullaganj- Hoshangabad- Pipariya: Good, two lane highway no divider, lots of villages enroute.

Pipariya- Gadarwara- Narsinghpur: Bad, two lane highway no divider. Filled with potholes and sugar belt area. Roads filled with tractors hauling double trolleys filled with sugarcane to the sugar factories. Hundreds of such tractors on roads due to the sugarcane harvesting season and lined up on the roads (parked) in queue to enter the sugar cane industries situated on the road, thus causing traffic jam and extremely slow traffic movement. Please avoid this road.

Narsinghpur- Jabalpur: Good, two lane highway no divider with occassional patches of bad roads but mostly good. Last 30 kms before Jabalpur in bad situation.

Jabalpur- Katni: Bad, two lane highway no divider. Occassional patches of concrete roads. Filled with fine yellow dirt. Extremely dusty and road concretization in progress.
Watchout where the concrete road ends and bad patch starts. The concrete road is nearly 1 foot above and at some places there is no slope given when the concrete road ends. You can landup in big trouble with all your four wheels in air, rally style!
Saving grace is last 30 kms before Katni is in good shape.

Katni-Maihar: Bad, two lane highway no divider. Occasional patches of concrete roads.

Katni-Damoh- Sagar: Extremely Good, two lane tar road state highway no divider. Road passes through dense jungle and has less villages and fuel bunk enroute.
Beware of extreme bends on roads, as the road conditions are good you will be tempted to drive fast and one can land up in trouble due to sharp bends. Google maps does not justify the actual sharp bends on the roads, especially the ghat sections.

Sagar- Vidisha- Sanchi: Extremely Good, two lane tar road highway no divider.

Sanchi-Bhopal- Sehore- Ashta: Extremely Good, two lane tar road highway. 4 lane at few places.

Ashta- Indore: Extremely Good, Four lane tar road highway with divider.

Please note the road conditions I have put forth is based on my memory of my recent drive in 2018 and it might not be very accurate but it gives a good overall picture of the routes I have recently used.

Some points from my side:

1) In MP routes which are between important cities are in good shape for example: Katni (Near Jabalpur) to Indore route is in good shape.
2) Not all State highways are in good shape.
3) Be extremely careful when nearing villages and of tractor hauling trolleys which project far beyond the width of the tractor. There is also no lights on the trolleys or any reflective tape, so be careful while driving in dark.
4) All railway crossings are marked with speed breakers and those are huge and sharp. However slow you drive over them, my indica vista will heavily hit those speed breakers.
5) In-order of preference, always choose National Highways and then State Highways in MP. National highways but obvious are maintained in better way and have good infrastructure. It still makes sense to do that extra 50 kms on good road, than risking a unknown or ill maintained state highway.
6) Do not rely on Google maps!. They are boon but some of the state highways shown on google are nearly non-existent. Ensure that you plan well and gather information on road conditions before taking any route.

Last edited by amit_purohit20 : 7th January 2018 at 21:14. Reason: Some more points added.
amit_purohit20 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2018, 23:56   #530
BHPian

I had been on Bangalore - Secunderabad - Ganagapur - Bangalore route 1st week of January.

Bangalore - Secunderabad: Awesome roads all the way. Started at around 4:45am and reached Secunderabad by 12:30pm, stopping at Tulasi Veg Hotel in Kurnool

Secunderabad - Gangapur: Followed NH65 from Secunderabad to Humnabad. Made the mistake of going through the city instead of taking the ring road, and it took almost an 1 1/2 hours to get out of the HYD-SEC area. Roads are in excellent condition afterwards though. Humnabad to Ganagapur via Kalaburgi is in good condition (2-lane), except for a stretch in Kalaburgi where a flyover construction is in progress. Total 260km - 5 1/2 hours.

Ganagapur to Bangalore via Hospet - From Ganagapur, took the road via Afzalpur and Sindagi. The road condition is average to poor. Joined NH50 at Almatti after which roads are excellent till Hospet. The road from Hospet to Chitradurga is still under construction, and there is a lot of truck traffic on either side, lots of dust due to mining trucks, and road humps almost every km or so due to construction activity and diversions. This stretch took a lot of time due to traffic and road conditions. It might take another year or so to complete this stretch from the looks of it. Stopped at Upadhya Veg just after Chitradurga on the NH48 service road. Followed NH48 to Bangalore. Started from Ganagapur around 2pm and reached Bangalore at 12:30am. Total ~600km.

I came to know from my colleague that it is better to join NH48 at Harihar taking the Hospet-Harihar-Shimoga road, instead of joining at Chitradurga. Roads are supposedly better.
guunbuu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 13:48   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_purohit20 View Post
Pahur- Burhanpur: Bad roads filled with big potholes and plenty of them.
Which route did you take? Pahur-Jamner-Bhusawal-Faizpur-Burhanpur or Pahur-Jamner-Nadgaon-Muktainagar-Burhanpur? Would be great if you can tell me the status of either of them.
Old 19th January 2018, 11:40   #532
BHPian

Another route I trip I did a couple of months back:

Bangalore-Dandeli-Padharpur-Mahabaleshwar-Bangalore

Bangalore to Dandeli
- Started from Bangalore at around 5:30am. Took NH48 till a few km before Hubbali, then took a left through a small unpaved section of road to Tadas, and reached Dandeli Jungle Lodges via Kalghatgi and Halliyal at around 1pm. From Tadas to Dandeli, the road is a 2-lane road in good condition, it passes through the beautiful countryside with traffic is sparse.

Dandeli to Pandharpur: From Dandeli, passed through Londa, Khanapur, and joined NH48 at Belagavi. Roads are in mostly good condition till Belgavi. Followed NH48 till Kolhapur and then took the Kolhapur-Miraj-Sangola-Pandharpur. Road condition is average to good, but there is a lot of traffic till Miraj. It is two-lane almost the entire way. Stayed at ISCKON in Pandharpur on the other bank of Chandrabhaga, but because of the new bridge construction, need to take a 5-6km detour through the 2nd bridge to reach ISCKON.

Pandharpur to Mahabaleshwar: Started from Pandharpur and passed through Gondawale to reach Satara. This road is still under construction, and condition is horrible. Could not cross more 50kmph at any stretch. Better to avoid this route completely till the construction is complete. I would estimate it to take atleast 2 years to be complete. Had lunch at Hotel Sukhkarta at Satara which was good and cost was reasonable. From Satara, followed SH58 to Mahabaleshwar.

Mahabaleshwar to Bangalore: Started from Mahabaleshwar at around 9 after breakfast, and reached Kolhapur via Satara at around 12, took a detour to visit Mahalakshmi temple. From Kolhapur, followed NH48 all the way to Bangalore with a late lunch break at Hotel Nilkamal (just after Mammigatti), reached Bangalore by 9:30pm. Road conditions are excellent all the way through.
guunbuu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 14:06   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Which route did you take? Pahur-Jamner-Bhusawal-Faizpur-Burhanpur or Pahur-Jamner-Nadgaon-Muktainagar-Burhanpur? Would be great if you can tell me the status of either of them.
I took the Pahur-Jamner-Nadgaon-Muktainagar-Burhanpur route. Its filled with big craters and lots of them to slow down your speed drastically.
Old 19th January 2018, 16:43   #534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_purohit20 View Post
I took the Pahur-Jamner-Nadgaon-Muktainagar-Burhanpur route. Its filled with big craters and lots of them to slow down your speed drastically.
ok thanks! If you are going to travel through the same route again, you could try the other option of going through Bhusawal & Faizpur. I have used these roads in September last and here is a quick update on that route:

Jamner-Bhusawal: average roads with potholes at entry and exits of villages on the route.

Bhusawal-Faizpur: good condition, avg speeds of 70kmph, slower around villages.

Faizpur-Burhanpur: good to average condition. It was being renovated so I suppose it should be better.
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 14:37   #535
Senior - BHPian

Mughal Road.

Mughal Road is the road between Bafliaz, a town in the Poonch district, to Shopian district in the Kashmir valley.

Mughal Road's snow clearance work had been completed and the road will be re-opened from 31/03/2018.

The mega "Road Updates" thread-12.jpg
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 17:21   #536
BHPian

Requesting any update on Rewa to Varanasi road, I know the roads are good till Hanumana and were worst after that, any recent update would be great to calculate time and manage schedule.
Google is showing a very different route as a preferred option , I have never taken this route and have no idea about road and other conditions anywhere after Seoni till Shergati , anyone with any update on this route option?

Google route option
The mega "Road Updates" thread-ngpnwdroute.jpg

-Pramod
Old 29th April 2018, 10:10   #537
Senior - BHPian

How is the road conditions between kolar to bangarpet to Kuppam to Krishnagiri ?
What about kuppam to Mallanuru to nh44 directly?

Thanks
Old 12th May 2018, 12:54   #538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
How is the road conditions between kolar to bangarpet to Kuppam to Krishnagiri ?
What about kuppam to Mallanuru to nh44 directly?

Thanks
Road conditions generally good except for Bangarpet town, and a short stretch at KGF. Quite some traffic towards Bangarpet on undivided highways with new surfacing and also speed breakers in several places that need to be taken carefully.
Old 15th May 2018, 22:40   #539

Hello All

I am driving from Hyderabad to Jamnagar this Friday (May 18th). I have done the same route 3 years back in 25 hours non-stop (excluding Bio and Food breaks).
Please suggest if I can follow this route: Hyderabad -Solapur-Pune-Mumbai-Surat-Baroda-Ahmedabad Ring Road-Rajkot-Jamnagar (Via Dhrol).

Here is the route: GoogleMap Link

Please share your suggestion.

Appreciate help.

Thanks,

Shreepal
Old 20th May 2018, 16:36   #540
BHPian

Hello friends,

I am planning a road trip from Lucknow to Visakhapatnam in my I-20 active. This trip necessitated due transporting my dog (a golden retriever) to my new workplace at Vizag. Can you please suggest a safe and good route from Lucknow to Vizag.

Some of the obvious options (courtesy Google Map) include:

1. Lucknow - Allahabad - Raipur - Vizag

2. Lucknow - Kanpur - (GT Road) - Kolkata - Vizag

Ideally I am looking not to drive more than 2 days or a max of three days ( ie 1350 - 1800KM)

Which route would be best. And, what options I may have for stopover at night considering my 4 legged friend would be with me.

Rgds

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks