Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2020, 22:10   #571
BHPian

Re: The mega "Road Updates" thread

Planning a trip to Byndoor from Puttaparthi. Google map shows - Puttaparthi - Chitradurga - Shimoga - Byndoor.
Is this the best route? Never travelled this route before. Would be great to know the road condition.
If so hoping to take a break at Shimoga and then continue the drive next day. If not, please advice on a place to take a break. I will be driving with family.
Old 29th November 2020, 12:45   #572
Senior - BHPian

Re: Road Condition: From Ahmedabad to Varanasi via Indore, Bhopal, Katni, Satna, Rewa, Mirzapur

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.eengg View Post
Dear Team,

I am planning a road trip to Varanasi (UP) from Bhuj (GJ)with family. I usually take the following route :

Bhuj (GJ) - Palanpur (GJ) - Abu Road (RJ) - Udaipur (RJ) - Chottorgarh (RJ) - Kota (RJ) - Baran (RJ) - Shivpuri (MP) - Jhansi (UP) - Kanpur (UP) - Allahabad (UP) - Varanasi (UP).

This time I am planning to visit via Indore (MP) - Bhopal (MP) - Katni (MP) - Satna (MP) - Rewa (MP) - Mirzapur (UP) - Varanasi (UP).

Initial (Old) route takes around 30 hrs. to complete including night stay in Kota (RJ). Please tell me about the road conditions, timings and en-route scenario of the new route I am planning to take. I will be tentatively travelling in last week of December.

Thanks.
$ha$hank
Hi Shashank,

I have travelled on Indore - Reewa route to and fro in the third week of September. Here are updates from my side:

The road is good. No problems. I actually travelled to Maihar but roads up to Reewa are good. I don't know beyond that. There are occasional pot holes or bad patches on Damoh - Maihar section. So be little watchful in this section. There are 3 railway crossings between Damoh and Katni but rarely I had to stop there in my last 3-4 trips.

Have your tyres in good condition as Vidisha - Katni section has little traffic and no puncture repair shops except in sizeable towns en route. Take out the the tyres and inspect for embedded nails, inspect the shoulders and sidewalls. Repair the tyres at least one week in advance so that you notice slow air leaks, if any.

Crossing Sagar city in the daytime takes 45 minutes to hour or even more if railway crossing takes time. Lot of infrastructure work is going on in Sagar city. Watch out for the diversions. Crossing the railwayline also may take time in Sagar. I will advise you to take Sagar bypass to Makronia and then an odd route out of Sagar, as shown in the screenshot below.

You may get misled unknowingly while joining the Katni bypass coming from Damoh. Be attentive and follow map to avoid wasting 10 minutes here.

There are not many decent eateries after Vidisha. I took lunch at Jain dhaba immediately after Gyaraspur bypass while traveling from Indore to Katni. This was reasonably good.

I started from Indore (Bombay Hospital) at 7:30 am and reached Maihar by 7:30 pm. This included 15 minutes at petrol pump, 1 hour for lunch and another two breaks of 15 minutes. I topped up at Reliance petrol pump after exiting Indore and after exiting Maihar towards Reewa.

I enjoyed driving on this route. No traffic hassles apart from Sagar. Good nature especially in Sagar - Damoh section.

Following is the screenshot of exiting from Sagar on the way to Katni. At times, you may feel that you have lost the way and you are heading on a wrong way. But do follow this route. If your car has low ground clearance, then avoid this route for exiting Sagar. In that case, I can suggest you another route.
Attached Thumbnails
The mega "Road Updates" thread-screenshot_20201129125251759_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg  

Last edited by Rahul Bhalgat : 29th November 2020 at 12:59.
Old 31st January 2021, 16:49   #573

Hi Guys

I am planning to drive from Hyderabad to Indore via road. There are 2 options mainly
1. Hyderabad -NH52-> Aurangabad -NH52-> Indore
2. Hyderabad -NH44-> Nagpur -NH47-> Indore

Has anybody recently driven on these routes. I went through different team BHP posts for latest updates on them, wasn't able to find the comparison. ref: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...queries-8.html (Hyderabad to Indore : Route Queries)

I am looking for

1. How is road condition on these routes ? Since I am single driver, would look for overuse of cruise control
2. which route would be more scenic in February
3. Which route will not have cops harassing a KA registered vehicle driving from Hyderabad.

Thanks In Advance
Old 31st January 2021, 19:06   #574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoldeGaur View Post
1. Hyderabad -NH52-> Aurangabad -NH52-> Indore
I had written about this route here. Till Solapur its very good anyway. You may also see latest posts from here.

Quote:
3. Which route will not have cops harassing a KA registered vehicle driving from Hyderabad.
There are PUC cops all over the place. Take your originals DL, RC, insurance and valid PUC. You should be fine. License plate really doesn't matter. I drive a TN-09.

Quote:
2. Hyderabad -NH44-> Nagpur -NH47-> Indore
I've only been till Betul and roads are good till then. Am told Betul-Harda has bad sections, but never tried myself.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 17:25   #575
BHPian

Can someone please help me with road condition between Gwalior and Indore via Ah47? I'm to travel this weekend. Thanks in advance for any insights and pointers.
Old 3rd February 2021, 20:24   #576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingeye View Post
Can someone please help me with road condition between Gwalior and Indore via Ah47? I'm to travel this weekend. Thanks in advance for any insights and pointers.
See Rishi's post here (Delhi - Mumbai : Route Queries). From early November, even Shivpuri bypass is operational.
Old 10th February 2021, 15:42   #577
BHPian

If anyone has recently done Nagpur-Raipurp-Sambalpur-Ranchi-Patna please update the road condition and other updates on this route.

-Pramod
Old 17th August 2021, 22:58   #578

Hello everyone,

Any comments on the road from Varanasi to Indore? Am planning to do the trip over the coming weekend (21st Aug) and any updates on routes and road condition will be appreciated.

Option 1: Varanasi - Mirzapur - Rewa - Katni - Bhopal - Indore (All SH routes)
Option 2: Varanasi - Prayagraj - Rewa - Katni - Bhopal - Indore (All SH routes)
Option 3: Varanasi - Prayagraj - Kanpur - Jhansi - Guna - Indore (AH1 and AH47)

Thank you in advance for any tips.
Old 28th August 2021, 12:21   #579
Distinguished - BHPian

National Monetization Pipeline (NMP) in road building coming.

- 139km stretch of Nagpur-Hyderabad highway may be monetized

Quote:
not sure whether toll charge will go up after the monetisation. But if the toll is increased, it will be a double whammy for people travelling from Nagpur to Jamb, Warora, Chandrapur, Ballarpur or the other way round. People going to these towns leave the national highway at Jamb, yet they have to pay the toll at Borkhedi.
Quote:
Union minister for finance and corporate affairs had unveiled asset monetisation pipeline of central ministries and public sector. Roads are one of the sectors which will be part of the NMP, under which government will be transferring revenue rights to private parties in return for upfront money.
The mega "Road Updates" thread-1.jpg

Quote:
Private agency will be given the stretch on lease for four years, which may be extended. The private player will give revenue to the government in advance and recover it and also maintenance cost through toll.
Link
Old 29th August 2021, 17:22   #580

Dear fellow BHPians. I am planning for a road trip from Hyderabad to Purnia (Bihar) in my XUV500. It will either be a solo trip or with a hired driver . I wanted to know the condition of roads for this route and if there are any other route which is better than this one :

Hyderabad- Adilabad-Nagpur-Jabalpur (night halt at Jabalpur)- Katni-Rewa-Prayagraj-Varanasi/Mughalsarai-Mohania-Arrah-Vaishali-Muzzaffarpur-Darbhanga-Frobesganj-Purnia

Since I have read a few good feedback about Hyderabad-Nagpur-Jabalpur stretch online, I would be particularly interested to know about any alternate/better routes and road conditions after Jabalpur.Thank You.
Old 29th August 2021, 20:59   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospass View Post
Dear fellow BHPians. I am planning for a road trip from Hyderabad to Purnia (Bihar) in my XUV500. It will either be a solo trip or with a hired driver . I wanted to know the condition of roads for this route and if there are any other route which is better than this one .
Route choice is good. Road conditions in Bihar are excellent so nothing to worry about that. Varansi to patna will take no less than 6 hours however hard you try, no need to enter mughalsarai. Mohania to Ara via Kochas, a new single lane SH has been constructed which is in great shape. From Ara to Patna a new bridge on Son river has been constructed but you should go by the old Koilwar bridge (1.4 kms in length, is presently the oldest operational railway bridge in India standing since 04 November 1862.). It is a double decker bridge, train on upper and motorway on lower deck. It is a heritage of India,. Although you may face a jam but driving on it is a sort of adventure. Passing the old koilwar bridge go straight thowards Danapur railway station and pass Ganga ji river through JP setu. After a few kms the road to Purnia via Darbhanga and jhanjharpur is a 4 lane wide road, will take you no less than 6 hours.

Alternatively, you can choose the Golden quadrilateral from Vijaywada to Dahnbad via Bhubneshwar and Kolkata. Then go to Deoghar, the majestical land of Baidyanath Dham where the largest congregation of humans happen every year during Shawan month. Then go to Bhagalpur via NH 333, crossing the 8km infamous old Vikramshila setu, from there to Purnia via NH 31 where you will pass through Kursela railway bridge, this is the point where Kosi river, the sorrow of Bihar meets Ganga ji. Deoghar to Purnia is around 200 kms which will take you no less than 5 hours.
Old 5th September 2021, 20:06   #582

Hi All,
I am planning to drive from Patna to Pune this October with my wife and 7 yr old kid. Any suggestions on the which of these routes should be taken.
Route 1: Pune - Nashik - Indore - Guna- Shivpuri - Jhansi - Kanpur - Allahabad- Varanasi- Mohania -Patna ( heavy on toll + longer, but 4 laned through out )

Route 2: Pune - Aurangabad- Jalna- Karanja- Amravati - Nagpur - Jabalpur - Katni -Rewa - Allahabad - Varanasi - Mohania - Patna ( shorter, lighter on toll, unpredictable in terms of 4 laned)

Especially any update on the usual pain points - Kalpi crossing and jam at UP-Bihar border on Karamnasa bridge would be really helpful.
Thanks in advance,
Javageek
Old 17th September 2021, 09:19   #583
BHPian

Last week I travelled from Bangalore to Coimbatore. Due to heavy traffic in NH44 near Thoppur, I took the Mecheri road at Thoppur. This road was wonderful 2 years back when I had taken it last. Now the stretch between Thoppur to Mecheri town is pathetic with lots of potholes and many of them are huge enough to cause damage to rims. There is also a railway overbridge under construction near Mecheri Railway station that results in some mild-offroading in mud/slush. I hated choosing this option.

However, the roads remain good and smooth after Mecheri (Nangavalli-Jalakandapuram-Edapadi bypass-Sankagiri bypass). Edapadi - Sankagiri bypass remains a delight with stunning views/scenery and butter smooth roads.
srvm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 09:32   #584
BHPian

Travelled from Gujarat to Lucknow last week. Started from Ahmedabad and took the Udaipur route via Himmatnagar-Ratanpur border. Inside Gujarat, this road is a mess. Best avoided till the 6 laning is completed (which has been going on for a few years now). There are several bottlenecks and diversions - with huge unexpected craters and rough patches.

Roads in Rajasthan are excellent with good tarmac and almost no rough patches. I traveled from Udaipur to Jaipur via Nathdwara-Beawar and all good roads to talk about.

Next day from Jaipur to Lucknow: again good roads inside Rajasthan and UP. Crossing Agra is a pain, but ALE is a breeze - no broken tarmac.
Old 24th September 2021, 20:46   #585

Are the highways open to travel between Jamshedpur and Kolkata?
Google maps is showing a flood warning around Bengal highways (see attached image). Would appreciate if anyone has first hand information about the situation on the road.
Attached Thumbnails
The mega "Road Updates" thread-jsr-cal-flood.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks