Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2019, 23:43   #556
BHPian

Re: The mega "Road Updates" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Hello dear friends,

Some queries.

1. Above link does not take the Yamuna Agra Expressway, Should we go through that? As we would be halting near Delhi, both Gurgaon and Noida are ok for us.

2. Is it safe to ride bikes on this expressway in the night, say after 8.00PM?

Thanks,
Ajay
If you take the Yamuna Expressway, you have the option of halting at Noida. Gurgaon will be, sort of, far. But you have to find out how you get on to Yamuna E-way from NH 44. You will be free from the dense traffic of NH 2 certainly if you choose the E-way.

Latest I entered on the Yamuna Expressway was at 8.40 pm from the Agra end. I exited from Greater Noida at 10.35 pm, and traffic was less but things seemed safe. I would say make it before 11 pm in any case. Take care of the Neelgai crossing in certain areas (you have some signage about it enroute).

Vipin.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2019, 17:12   #557
BHPian

Munsiyari-Narayan Ashram (Dharchula)-Mayavati Ashram

We plan to drive from Munsiyari to Narayan ashram. Can it be done in a day or do we need to make a pit stop en route? If so, which would be a good place?

Secondly, after spending some days at narayan Ashram, we would drive down to Mayavati Ashram. We do not want to miss out on the days we have been accorded permission to stay. Which would be the best route? And can it be done safely and comfortably in a day?

Any information as to the latest conditions of the roads and the ideal routes to be taken would be very welcome.

Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 21st October 2019 at 11:32. Reason: Minor spacing
Old 14th October 2019, 21:46   #558
BHPian

Guys planning to drive to Jharkhand from Mumbai. Onward journey is to Ranchi and return will be from dhanbad.

Onward journey:
Mumbai - Nashik- Dhule - Nagpur - Sambalpur- Simdega - Ranchi (all with 2 night halts and no night drive)

I am confused on the part of between Dhule and Nagpur, should I go through Amravati (AH46) or take AH47 via Betul?

Return journey:
Dhanbad - Bodh Gaya - Varanasi - Indore - Mumbai (with 3 night halts)

On this stretch, I am not clear on Varanasi to Indore. Should I take AH47 (via Shivpuri) or take the other stretch via Sagar/ Bhopal merging to AH 47 at Dewas?

Also enroute I am looking for places of interest (POI):
Sambalpur (hirakud dam)
Bodh Gaya
Varanasi Ganga Ghat
Jhansi? Sanchi stupa?

I don't have much details on the above on how or if I should plan to cover them? Any help on above queries will be great!

Tia

Last edited by WheelWake : 14th October 2019 at 21:47. Reason: Spell correction
Old 17th October 2019, 07:49   #559
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post
Guys planning to drive to Jharkhand from Mumbai. Onward journey is to Ranchi and return will be from dhanbad.
Dont know much about the roads beyond Nagpur.

Quote:
Onward journey:
Mumbai - Nashik- Dhule - Nagpur - Sambalpur- Simdega - Ranchi (all with 2 night halts and no night drive)
I am confused on the part of between Dhule and Nagpur, should I go through Amravati (AH46) or take AH47 via Betul?
I think Amravati is the better option.
This is old data :
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post3133977 (Raipur / Bhilai to Goa : Road info and other queries)

Quote:
Return journey:
Dhanbad - Bodh Gaya - Varanasi - Indore - Mumbai (with 3 night halts)

On this stretch, I am not clear on Varanasi to Indore. Should I take AH47 (via Shivpuri) or take the other stretch via Sagar/ Bhopal merging to AH 47 at Dewas?
Shivapuri falls in to the east-west corridor. I think its already 4-laned.
I dont know about the Jhansi-Ujjain sector via Guna. (Usually not great. Lets confirm with others too)

Else take a longer detour.
Varanasi-Kanpur-Jhansi-Shivpuri-Chittor-Ratlam-Indore (Pithampur)-Nasik-Mumai.

This is I think end-to-end 4-lane.

Last edited by ampere : 17th October 2019 at 07:50.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 11:04   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post

For the route via Bhopal too, it is advisable to drive from Varanasi to Kanpur and Jhansi. You don't have to drive all the way to drive to Sagar in this case. Before Sagar but after Lalitpur, you get Malthon and from there you get the diversion to Bhopal. The road is a single carriageway but is a smooth cruise. One of my neighbors took this route recently to go to Sanchi and Indore from Lucknow.

Kanpur - Jhansi - Lalitpur is a fantastic four-lane highway. Up to 42 kms from Kanpur, we have six lane road and then four lane with much less traffic. You have to enter Jhansi city, traverse along the Bundelkhand University gates and the UPSRTC bus adda, the beautiful Cantonment and so on. Once you reach Bijauli, you climb the highway again (NH 44). Then the highway is entirely there for you. It is that free of traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Shivapuri falls in to the east-west corridor. I think its already 4-laned.
I dont know about the Jhansi-Ujjain sector via Guna. (Usually not great. Lets confirm with others too)

Else take a longer detour.
Varanasi-Kanpur-Jhansi-Shivpuri-Chittor-Ratlam-Indore (Pithampur)-Nasik-Mumai.

This is I think end-to-end 4-lane.
I heard that Shivpuri to Indore via the AB Road is not at all advised. Though the distance is considerably shorter, the time and pain will be much more. When I drove to Indore from Lucknow last year, I opted for Kanpur - Jhansi - Shivpuri - Baran - Jhalawar - Agar - Ujjain route. Upto Baran, it is superfast; after Baran till Ujjain, it is single carriageway but tolled and smooth (in the MP side of it till Ujjain, we have some isolated potholes though). From Baran to Ujjain, it is around 260 kms. Ujjain - Indore is a 50 kms four lane.

You don't have to touch Chittorgarh and Ratlam in this instance. That will be round-er about compared to this (?).

So, one has to decide between the Bhopal and Baran/Jhalawar options. Till Jhansi, anyway, it is common. In the latter option, one does not have to enter Jhansi city. But Jhansi city is not a place one will have to struggle through. It is quite an easy thing to do. One has to be a little slow, that is all. Usually, there are no snarls, and the roads are broad enough.

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 20th October 2019 at 11:16.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 16:27   #561
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
So, one has to decide between the Bhopal and Baran/Jhalawar options. Till Jhansi, anyway, it is common. In the latter option, one does not have to enter Jhansi city. But Jhansi city is not a place one will have to struggle through. It is quite an easy thing to do. One has to be a little slow, that is all. Usually, there are no snarls, and the roads are broad enough.
Great suggestion! So Baran-Ujjain was the unknown part for me. Ujjain-Indore I had read quite some updates.

This definitely helps!
Old 20th October 2019, 23:48   #562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Great suggestion! So Baran-Ujjain was the unknown part for me. Ujjain-Indore I had read quite some updates.
In fact, Baran to Ujjain is a decent section, enjoyable because it is different from the usual four lane monotony.

The only drawback will be this: there are no really good places for either food or other purposes in the section between Baran and Jhalawar. Even on the roads that one has to traverse in Jhalawar, there are no decent restaurants. But there are a couple of good fuel stations at Jhalawar, especially between the diversion to Bhopal and diversion to Ujjain.

There is a Midway Treat just around a km before reaching Agar town. There are also a couple of decent dhabas before that.

The route from Jhalawar to Ujjain is beautiful too, with lot of hillocks, rocky surfaces and windmills around.

Between Baran and Jhalawar, the road is more like this:
The mega "Road Updates" thread-20191020_231817.jpg

There is also a bridge like this, but just one:
The mega "Road Updates" thread-20191020_232347.jpg

The second bridge of that kind is already replaced by a new one. I drove on the new bridge while returning. Just before entering Jhalawar:
The mega "Road Updates" thread-img_20171125_155022.jpg

At Jhalawar, the view of the fort (picture taken on the return direction):
The mega "Road Updates" thread-20191020_231742.jpg

At Jhalawar, looking in the Baran direction:
The mega "Road Updates" thread-20191020_233919.jpg

The smooth state highway in Rajasthan, between Jhalawar and Agar:
The mega "Road Updates" thread-img_20171226_085843.jpg

A view from Agar, towards Jhalawar:
The mega "Road Updates" thread-20191020_233105.jpg

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 20th October 2019 at 23:51.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2019, 00:47   #563
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
In fact, Baran to Ujjain is a decent section, enjoyable because it is different from the usual four lane monotony.
Nice!

In fact I used to frequent Kota-Bina (Anta/Baran/Guna/Shadora/Ashok Nagar/Bina) passenger lines decades back!

It used to be in the middle on nowhere then!

Last edited by ampere : 19th September 2020 at 17:18. Reason: typo fixed. Bara = Baran
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2019, 22:11   #564

Hi,

I am travelling with my family - (wife and 02 kids) - from Nagpur to Patna on 30th oct. I will return on 03rd Nov. I have my train tickets booked, but was thinking if the roads are good and if I could take my Scross (1.6) instead.

Could somebody please advise me on the road conditions between Nagpur and Jabalpur and from Jabalpur to Varanasi, especially after the monsoon is over ?
Google maps shows that from Jabalpur to varanasi , it would be about 11 hours for about 550 km, which perhaps is a hint that the road condition is not good. So, I am in a dilemma. I will be the only one driving.

If I go by my car, I plan to start early on 30th October and reach Varanasi same night.

Any suggestions on advisability of taking this road trip, the road conditions, stopover places, and any other information, which can help me decide and also help during the journey are welcome and I shall be grateful for it.

Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd October 2019, 15:11   #565
BHPian

Dear All,

Can anyone help with the current road conditions post monsoons here -

Bangalore - Bhubaneshwar - Kharagpur - Asansol - Siliguri - Darjeeling - Pelling - ravangla - Gangtok - Silk route - Kalimpong - Guwahati - Kalaktang - Bomdila - Dirang - Tawang - Dirang - Tezpur - Ziro - Kaziranga - Shillong - Cherrapunji - Shillong - Siliguri - Lucknow - Sagar - Hyd - Blr

Any stretches which we need to be really worried about?

1 RE Interceptor, 1 Street Triple S, 1 Jeep Compass, 1 Duke 390(joining from NCR) - are the vehicles, hope they would make it.
Old 11th November 2019, 17:12   #566
BHPian

Maxi-Agar-Susner-Soyat Kalan-Baran-Ganagpir City road conditions

Hi All,

Happy Winters!!

So, finally it is that time of the year when I usually plan for a family outing.

Planning to take my parents on a holy trip covering multiple temples during a week long vacation.

Plan is to visit Agra (my hometown) and cover as many Jain temples along the way as possible.

Wanted to check about the road conditions of one particular sector:

Maxi-Agar-Susner-Soyat Kalan-Baran-Ganagpir City road.

Any inputs are highly appreciated!!

We will be traveling in a CSUV, so the ground clearance is not going to be a concern. However, just wanted to make sure the roads are not as bad as the Maxi-Biaora stretch.
Old 19th November 2019, 10:37   #567
BHPian

Just to update this thread - I started on this journey a few days back and completely avoided the above mentioned road. Instead I took the regular Dewas - Pachore - Biaora - Guna stretch.
I was pleasantly surprised to see the road work completed. Thought there is some work pending on the curb area, like barricading the road ends, lane marking etc. However, the road surface is awesome! Would have liked it to be in tar though.

I started off from Pune around 4 am and was at Guna around 6:30 pm. Made good time considering I was accompanied by two senior citizens and two kids aged 9 and 11.
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2020, 16:58   #568
BHPian

Cross posting the road update from my recent Bengaluru-Hyderabad-Adilabad-Nagpur-Chindwara-Sagar-Jhansi-Lucknow run:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post4889425 (Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions)
Old 27th September 2020, 16:20   #569
BHPian

I plan to drive to Nashik from Bangalore in the next few days. I heard that the Mumbai Nashik road is in bad state currently.

Does it make sense to take the Pune-Nashik highway? In the past, Pune Mumbai Nashik has been more comfortable for me as the Pune-Nashik highway was being built. Is it completely ready and usable? I am travelling with family.
Old 3rd October 2020, 18:03   #570

Road Condition: From Ahmedabad to Varanasi via Indore, Bhopal, Katni, Satna, Rewa, Mirzapur

Dear Team,

I am planning a road trip to Varanasi (UP) from Bhuj (GJ)with family. I usually take the following route :

Bhuj (GJ) - Palanpur (GJ) - Abu Road (RJ) - Udaipur (RJ) - Chottorgarh (RJ) - Kota (RJ) - Baran (RJ) - Shivpuri (MP) - Jhansi (UP) - Kanpur (UP) - Allahabad (UP) - Varanasi (UP).

This time I am planning to visit via Indore (MP) - Bhopal (MP) - Katni (MP) - Satna (MP) - Rewa (MP) - Mirzapur (UP) - Varanasi (UP).

Initial (Old) route takes around 30 hrs. to complete including night stay in Kota (RJ). Please tell me about the road conditions, timings and en-route scenario of the new route I am planning to take. I will be tentatively travelling in last week of December.

Thanks.
$ha$hank

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks