Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2013, 11:20   #241
BHPian

Re: The mega "Road Updates" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Is it that bad a condition from Lebad to Pithampur? (For about 25 km)
that there is a detour needed? Or its just diversions?
a. the road from lebad to pithampur and then to pithampur chokadi (where it meets NH3) is heavily trafficked and that might cause the delay.

b. I know that from Lebad to Ghatabillod (thats approx 5 kms) the road condition is bad. Apart from that the road is fine.

The last time i went my average speed was 10 kms/hour due to traffic as the labour / factory shift was just over and there were to many people.

In the night you can cover the distance in approx 30 mins though. I am asking someone who travels on a daily basis to pithampur and will update you soon.
Old 22nd April 2013, 21:59   #242
BHPian

Thank you ampere and bhavtol.
Your inputs have been very useful and will be a deciding factor on finalising my route.
Is Dhule a good option for a nice stay?
Old 23rd April 2013, 00:29   #243
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoss View Post
Your inputs have been very useful and will be a deciding factor on finalising my route.
Dont know much about Dhule. But, if you are able to push for another 150 km you should reach Shirdi. The town should have quite many options thanks to it being a pilgrim's hub.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 02:20   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoss View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Dont know much about Dhule. But, if you are able to push for another 150 km you should reach Shirdi. The town should have quite many options thanks to it being a pilgrim's hub.
Dhule does not have many options for staying except a couple of them in town. Hotel Krishnai is considered the better one. But if you want more options, like @ampere said, drive further till Shirdi. You will have as many options & ranges as any city!

Last edited by nileshch : 23rd April 2013 at 02:22.
nileshch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2013, 19:07   #245

Road conditions: Bangalore-Solapur-Aurangabad highway, Mumbai-Mangalore coastal drive

We are thinking of driving from Salem in Tamil Nadu to Maharastra (Aurangabad and Nashik, mainly) and then down to Goa, Mangalore and Wayanad, before heading back home. Would anybody know if the NH13 from Bangalore to Solapur, and then NH211 from Solapur to Aurangabad, are four-laned? Also, what is the condition of the coastal highway that runs down from Mumbai to Mangalore? We are thinking of starting in about three weeks from now. Should we be worried about road conditions in the rains?
Thanks in advance. It's really nice to be part of Team-BHP. I stumbled across it during Google searches and there's a lot of helpful advice here!
Old 6th June 2013, 20:35   #246
Team-BHP Support

Re: Road conditions: Bangalore-Solapur-Aurangabad highway, Mumbai-Mangalore coastal d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeys View Post
We are thinking of driving from Salem in Tamil Nadu to Maharastra (Aurangabad and Nashik, mainly) and then down to Goa, Mangalore and Wayanad, before heading back home. Would anybody know if the NH13 from Bangalore to Solapur, and then NH211 from Solapur to Aurangabad, are four-laned?
Just wrote about it in another thread! Hospet-Bijapur is almost complete. From Bijapur to Sholapur its a regular 2-lane road. As I suggested there, I would also recommend you to drive via Hubli. You get a good 4-lane and an added break point for the journey. Start from Salem on D1 and break at Hubli for the day. Next day drive via Bagalkot-Sholapur to Aurangabad. I think its 2-lane beyond Sholapur too.

For NH13 updates (if you still choose to go with it) here is @condor's update:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3044785

Quote:
Also, what is the condition of the coastal highway that runs down from Mumbai to Mangalore?
I think for Mumbai-Goa, its better to take NH4 than NH17. Mumbai-Pune-Nippani-Sankeshwar-Ajra-Amboli-Goa.
You can also try Chorla. Its in peak form these days. Pune-Belgaum-Chorla-Goa

South of Goa, NH17 is pretty decent till about Honnavar/Murdeshwar. Beyond it gets lot of traffic.

Quote:
We are thinking of starting in about three weeks from now. Should we be worried about road conditions in the rains?
You should be in the midst of a deluge. If monsoons continue, its going to pour.

Last edited by ampere : 6th June 2013 at 20:37.
Old 6th June 2013, 22:21   #247

Re: Road conditions: Bangalore-Solapur-Aurangabad highway, Mumbai-Mangalore coastal d

Thanks a ton for that reply, Amp. Could you please direct me to your earlier post? I have been running searches but perhaps I am not doing it right...thanks again.
Old 6th June 2013, 23:26   #248
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks a ton for that reply, Amp. Could you please direct me to your earlier post? I have been running searches but perhaps I am not doing it right...thanks again.
No new info there. Its pretty much the same what I wrote here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3141974
Old 7th June 2013, 08:58   #249

Thanks again, Amp, for the prompt reply. You have given us much to consider. Best wishes and safe journeys.
Old 7th June 2013, 12:20   #250
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks again, Amp, for the prompt reply. You have given us much to consider. Best wishes and safe journeys.
Another option :

Drive all the way to Pune and take the bypass to Nagar and there on to Aurangabad. Thats another 70km detour. But you get 4-lane till Nagar.

Route Link

Its about 150km extra distance if you consider from Salem. But since its divided over two days, it should be OK considering the 4-lane advantage you get.
Old 7th June 2013, 13:05   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We are thinking of driving from Salem in Tamil Nadu to Maharastra (Aurangabad and Nashik, mainly) and then down to Goa, Mangalore and Wayanad, before heading back home. Would anybody know if the NH13 from Bangalore to Solapur, and then NH211 from Solapur to Aurangabad, are four-laned? Also, what is the condition of the coastal highway that runs down from Mumbai to Mangalore? We are thinking of starting in about three weeks from now. Should we be worried about road conditions in the rains?
Thanks in advance. It's really nice to be part of Team-BHP. I stumbled across it during Google searches and there's a lot of helpful advice here!
Ampere has answered almost all your queries perfectly.Just my two cents to the bit would be:

Day 1:Salem-Pune (4 laned throughout,take the NICE road and bypass bangalore and drive straight to Pune)

Day 2:Pune-Aurangabad

NH17 at the moment is good till Bhatkal.Beyond Bhatkal is diversions galore all the way till Pumpwell Circle,Mangalore.Once rains start historically NH17 breaks up,so wouldnt be a good idea to drive on the NH17,but then the wayside vistas can be equally enchanting.
Old 7th June 2013, 23:57   #252

Thanks for this. We are rethinking our dates a bit, and considering a post-monsoon schedule, when everything will look green...but safely.
Old 14th June 2013, 18:17   #253
buz
BHPian

Roads condition in Kashmir

Hi,

I am planning a trip to Kashmir in August. Had a few questions, if recent travelers could kindly help me with the same:

1. Anyone who would have traveled earlier in August - is it a good month to visit weather and scenery wise?

2. Flying into Srinagar and then visiting other places as well. What is the condition of the roads (well paved, 2/4 lane divided, potholes, etc.) from Srinagar to Gulmarg, Sonmarg and Pahalgam?

3. How 'twisty-turny' would the roads be, i.e. would people with motion sickness need to be equipped with meds if they are prone to it on routes such as Kalka-Shimla, Madurai-Munnar? Or is it worse?

Thanks!
Old 17th June 2013, 14:28   #254
Senior - BHPian

Planning Chambal drive - any advice?

Hi All

I am planning a drive to a place called Jarar in Chambal near a town called Bah (both these places are visible on google maps). The name of the resort is Chambal Safari Lodge.

I will be driving from Agra - 70km - to the resort. From Jarar I shall be coming back to Etawah for going to Allahabad.

These drives will be through UP state highways (as I understand from the google maps).

I have three questions - a. is there anyone who has been there in his own vehicle (the resort is well known among birders) ? b. how is the road surface and what kind of time will these two drives take? c. how safe are the roads for day time driving? This used to be the infamous dacoit land.

Hope someone will reply.
Sudipto-S-Team is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2013, 11:27   #255
BHPian

Hi All, can someone please give me heads up on the road condition of Shimoga - Tirthhalli - Jog Falls route? I am planning this trip this weekend.

Thanks in advance!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks