Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2012, 23:34   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: Delhi - Nainital : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
Any inputs fellow drivers?
My day is drawing ever nearer- plan to start on 30th September.
After rains, I won't suggest you to take any other route except Moradabad-Rampur-Bilaspur-Rudrapur-Haldwani-Nainital.

There are very potholes on this stretch just after bilaspur for 3-4kms, But not something you need to worry about.

Rest this route is fine, I do this stretch 1 time every 2 month and Will suggest you to take this route only

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 20th September 2012, 10:41   #107
BHPian

>>>

sameerg001,

Thank you.
You have recommended option #2 over the other two.
Can you please tell me :

i. How is the road between Moradabad bypass (NH24)- Mundha Pandey-Rampur Railway Station? In the three times that I have done it in the past, I have found this stretch bad and with chaotic traffic

ii. Any eateries on the Moradabad bypass either before Moradabad or after it that you found to be very clean? Ditto toilets for both gents & ladies

iii. Have you done options # 1 and 3 very recently? If yes your views

Regards
issigonis

Last edited by issigonis : 20th September 2012 at 10:42. Reason: Corrections
Old 20th September 2012, 11:33   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>>

sameerg001,

Thank you.
You have recommended option #2 over the other two.
Can you please tell me :

i. How is the road between Moradabad bypass (NH24)- Mundha Pandey-Rampur Railway Station? In the three times that I have done it in the past, I have found this stretch bad and with chaotic traffic

ii. Any eateries on the Moradabad bypass either before Moradabad or after it that you found to be very clean? Ditto toilets for both gents & ladies

iii. Have you done options # 1 and 3 very recently? If yes your views

Regards
issigonis
Road from Moradabad till bilapur is good, No issues, Just after bilaspur there are potholes for around 3 kms or so, This was a month back, Don't know if they worked on it or not, But It's nothing to worry about, Just be careful there.

And, you'll find a bit of traffic near rampur railway station, and if you're unlucky you will face jam in bilaspur mod, I stucked there for 30 mins last time.

But apart near rampur railway station and bilaspur, You won't find much traffic, It also depends on the time, You will be on that road.

I did tanda road few months back, There is not as much as traffic as moradabad-rampur stretch but potholes were there every now and them, I just couldn't go over 2nd gear there.

I now use Moradabad-rampur-rudrapur stretch everytime I go there.

Regarding eateries, Here's my list :-

If you want a place like Dominoes, MC.D, CCD. Then you've Mc.D and Dominoes, In gajraula, And CCD after moradabad toll road.

If you want to eat stuff like aloo parantha or dal and all. You can stop at Moga tourist dhaba, Just after garh ganga, Highly Recommended, I always stop here, If you're coming at night, Then have dal here, If in morning Aloo parantha, Finger licking stuff, Plus toilets are also clean on par with MC.D and all.

There is also bikanervala in Gajraula.

I will suggest you to try Moga, There are 2 of them, One just after garh, Which is on right hand side, If you're coming from delhi, And one in gajraula, just after gajraula flyover, On left hand side, Coming from delhi.

You can try either of them.

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 20th September 2012, 20:27   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Regarding eateries, Here's my list :-

If you want a place like Dominoes, MC.D, CCD. Then you've Mc.D and Dominoes, In gajraula, And CCD after moradabad toll road.

If you want to eat stuff like aloo parantha or dal and all. You can stop at Moga tourist dhaba, Just after garh ganga, Highly Recommended, I always stop here, If you're coming at night, Then have dal here, If in morning Aloo parantha, Finger licking stuff, Plus toilets are also clean on par with MC.D and all.

There is also bikanervala in Gajraula.

I will suggest you to try Moga, There are 2 of them, One just after garh, Which is on right hand side, If you're coming from delhi, And one in gajraula, just after gajraula flyover, On left hand side, Coming from delhi.

You can try either of them.

Cheers,
Sameer

>>>
Sameer,

Thank you. By garh do you mean Garhmukteshwar?
Regards
Old 20th September 2012, 20:53   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis

>>>
Sameer,

Thank you. By garh do you mean Garhmukteshwar?
Regards
Yup, garhmukteshwar indeed

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 21st September 2012, 00:29   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After rains, I won't suggest you to take any other route except Moradabad-Rampur-Bilaspur-Rudrapur-Haldwani-Nainital.

There are very potholes on this stretch just after bilaspur for 3-4kms, But not something you need to worry about.

Rest this route is fine, I do this stretch 1 time every 2 month and Will suggest you to take this route only

Cheers,
Sameer
Hi Sameer, I and my sisters and their children are planning for 2 days trip to Nainital from Delhi on 23rd Sept. We are planning to take a Yeti and a Civic. Was just wondering if the Civic would cope up with the road conditions till Nainital. 2 passengers and driver on the civic. luggages and other stuffs would be carried over on the Yeti.
Old 21st September 2012, 01:01   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Hi Sameer, I and my sisters and their children are planning for 2 days trip to Nainital from Delhi on 23rd Sept. We are planning to take a Yeti and a Civic. Was just wondering if the Civic would cope up with the road conditions till Nainital. 2 passengers and driver on the civic. luggages and other stuffs would be carried over on the Yeti.
No worries sir, I do this trip in my Accent with loads of luugage, Mostly everytime. So, Just be careful after Bilaspur, There are pot holes for 3-4 kms, tackle them slowly.

Rest route is good, You can do speed of 100-120 easily till moradabad toll road, and after moradabad toll road, It is single 2 laned road all the way to nainital. Which reduces your speed to around 80.

So, Don't worry and enjoy your civic

BTW Your Civic is one with A6 kinda alloys and Body kit right ?

Cheers,
Sameer

Last edited by sameerg001 : 21st September 2012 at 01:17.
Old 21st September 2012, 01:24   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No worries sir, I do this trip in my Accent with loads of luugage, Mostly everytime. So, Just be careful after Bilaspur, There are pot holes for 3-4 kms, tackle them slowly.

Rest route is good, You can do speed of 100-120 easily till moradabad toll road, and after moradabad toll road, It is single 2 laned road all the way to nainital. Which reduces your speed to around 80.

So, Don't worry and enjoy your civic

BTW Your Civic is one with A6 kinda alloys and Body kit right ?

Cheers,
Sameer
Thanks Sameer! We are planning on the route Noida-Moradabad-Rampur-Bilaspur-Rudrapur-Haldwani-Nainital. Among the passengers, there are 4 small kids (5 yrs, 2 yrs, 1 yr old, and 2 months old) and my sisters and bro-in-laws are wary about them getting road sick, especially if the roads condition is bad. Can you guide me for the bypasses around these cities?

And yes, A6 alloys and the kits
Old 21st September 2012, 01:36   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Thanks Sameer! We are planning on the route Noida-Moradabad-Rampur-Bilaspur-Rudrapur-Haldwani-Nainital. Among the passengers, there are 4 small kids (5 yrs, 2 yrs, 1 yr old, and 2 months old) and my sisters and bro-in-laws are wary about them getting road sick, especially if the roads condition is bad. Can you guide me for the bypasses around these cities?

And yes, A6 alloys and the kits
Just take NH24 from Noida and continue on it, Road is pretty straight with no turns etc, Till all the way to Rampur, As soon as you will finish the Moradabad toll road, Continue straight towards rampur.

Then when you will enter rampur city, There will be a railway station on your right side, Just after crossing it, You've to take left towards Bilaspur, If you will continue straight on this road, You will go towards baraielly side.

If you get confused here, Ask anyone nearby. BTW turn is pretty simple, Just after crossing railway station, Which is on your right hand side, Take a left.

Then continue on it, You will reach bilaspur, Here you will cross the main bilaspur Town, Expect traffic here, As the road is narrow plus local traffic here.

Then in 20-30 mins you will reach rudrapur, When you will enter rudrapur, Follow the board which says Nainital. From rudrapur roads are pretty good, till nainital. It will take around 1 and half hour from here to nainital.

Take first stop at Moga Dhaba in gajraula, Highly recommended, Try aloo payaz parantha, Then if you want to take a break again, Then you've dominoes in Rudrapur, Plus lot's of options in Haldwani like Nanak sweets etc.

There is Mc.D, Bikanervala, CCD and Dominoes as well, If you prefer them.

There is no bypass for rampur, bilaspur, Rudrapur. But except Bilaspur, There won't be any problem, Try leaving early in the morning, Say 5'o clock, Or if possible at 4.

If you'll leave at 4, You'll be in rudrapur at 9 max then 1 and half hour more to nainital.

And don't worry regarding kids, Just make sure that you take breaks very often.

P.S I am pretty bad in giving directions, If any doubt, Please feel free to ask

Cheers
Sameer

Last edited by sameerg001 : 21st September 2012 at 01:51.
Old 29th September 2012, 00:02   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis
>>>

Calling all bhpians who will have done New Delhi - Ranikhet (or Nainital) in the coming weeks to brief me about road conditions on the following route options from Moradabad northwards:

1. Moradabad bypass - Rampur (bypass) - Suar* - Bazpur - Kaladhungi- Haldwani bypass - Kathgodam

(* I am excluding the Moradabad - Tanda - Darhiyal - Bazpur stretch in favour of Moradabad bypass - Rampur (bypass)- Suar since the former is said to be in an atrocious state)

2. Moradabad bypass - Rampur - Bilaspur - Rudrapur - Haldwani bypass - Kathgodam

and

3. Moradabad bypass - Thakurdwar - Kashipur - Ramnagar - Kaladhungi- Haldwani bypass - Kathgodam

I plan to do a Bombay- Uttarakhand drive again in end Sept-early Oct this year.

Regards
issigonis
>>>

Road warriors,
Any update on the above three routes - road surface and traffic?
I start my Uttarakhand drive on the 30th - time to finalise chaps.

Regards
issigonis
Old 4th October 2012, 16:08   #116

Friends, just been to Nainital via the Moradabad bypass - Thakurdwara - Kashipur - Ramnagar - Kaladhungi- Nainital route.

Few updates:
1. Good route but for Kashipur Tiraha (that's where you exit after Moradabad bypass and take a U turn on your left) to Thakurdwara. Bad to very bad stretches.
2. Was told to avoid the Bajpur route as the road was bad.
3. Fantastic route beyond Ram Nagar. Very scenic.
4. All the info on eating places (in this thread) is spot on. No decent places after Gajraula.
5. Traveled in Civic. No major problems faced.

Happy motoring!

MP Singh (Delhi/Gurgaon)
mps_delhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 15:35   #117
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Went for a quick trip to Ranikhet , Jageshwar Jyotirling , Jim corbett

Updates on road conditions.

Brij Ghat - is now 4 lane so we didnt encounter any jam. Soon there will be toll for this bridge.

For Jim corbett

Delhi - Hapur - Moradabad Bypass - Bhoj Pur - Thakurdwara - Kashipur - Ramnagar is in good shape. Only last five kms after Thakurdwara to Kashipur is bad.

Delhi - Moradabad - Rampur - Rudrapur - Haldwani - Nainital
Only Rampur - Rudrapur stretch has potholes still manageable.

Ramnagar - Ranikhet
Very beautiful drive of 96 kms is now in good shape. Occasional bad patches only.
v&v is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2012, 11:05   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post

Brij Ghat - is now 4 lane so we didnt encounter any jam. Soon there will be toll for this bridge.

For Jim corbett

Delhi - Hapur - Moradabad Bypass - Bhoj Pur - Thakurdwara - Kashipur - Ramnagar is in good shape. Only last five kms after Thakurdwara to Kashipur is bad.

Ramnagar - Ranikhet
Very beautiful drive of 96 kms is now in good shape. Occasional bad patches only.
I did this route around 2nd oct. Delhi to Bhimtal to Mukteshwar.

Rampur to Rudrapur was in bad shape. Took this up with NHAI on Facebook. I hope it improves before i take my next trip.
Old 6th November 2012, 22:55   #119
BHPian

Any idea on the route via Bareilly?

Planning to drive from Lucknow to Nainital, as part of a marathon from Mumbai to Nainital via Varanasi
Old 20th November 2012, 12:20   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post

For Jim corbett

Ramnagar - Ranikhet

Isnt the Delhi - Hapur - Moradabad Bypass - Bhoj Pur - Thakurdwara - Kashipur - Ramnagar route a much longer route? Google maps seems to be showing an alternative route through NH58. Any reason as to why this is a better route? I ll be staying at Dhikala so was wondering

Most Viewed