Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2023, 21:47   #181
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Nagpur : Route Queries

Hi, planning for a BLR-NGP-BLR next week. Need advice on how do I plan best. I am the only driver and will be travelling with my wife. Not keen to start too early like 2AM-3AM as I feel tired at the start of the trip due to insufficient sleep.

- Apart from early morning start, is there any other time window which helps reach NGP or back to BLR in a reasonable timeframe avoiding traffic ?

- Not sure if I should take a night halt in HYD in that case, any good hotels for closer to NH44 ?

I am fine few hours of night drive and am flexible on my timing to reach NGP and BLR.

Thanks for your guidance.

Last edited by pgupta : 18th December 2023 at 21:51.
Old 19th December 2023, 06:57   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Quite a few queries on the route conditions from Bangalore to Nagpur that I read. Hence, prefer to provide some important updates from our travel on Jan 20th from Bangalore as part of the drive we undertook to Samruddhi Mahamarg.
What are the speed limits on this route? 80 or 100? Are these manual speed cameras or fixed locations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
Hi, planning for a BLR-NGP-BLR next week. Need advice on how do I plan best. I am the only driver and will be travelling with my wife. Not keen to start too early like 2AM-3AM as I feel tired at the start of the trip due to insufficient sleep.
We too have a similar trip planned and were wondering if NGP-BLR can be done if we start at around 5 am? Is that feasible?

All guidance deeply appreciated.
Old 19th December 2023, 17:12   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
What are the speed limits on this route? 80 or 100? Are these manual speed cameras or fixed locations?
All of us (we were 4 cars) got at least two speeding tickets, all of them between Jadcherla and Hyderabad ORR entry and second one near Bhikhnoor Toll after Hyderabad. Speed limits were 80,85 and 90 kph.
From the images, it looked like they were mobile cameras and not fixed ones.

Some of these stretches were the ones where one could just glide at 100-110 too!
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 17:28   #184
BHPian

I have done total 4 trip from Bangalore to Nagpur.

Option 1 : Start in evening around 6 PM and drive till mid night. Take night stay in Kurnool, take 6-7 hours of rest and continue for Nagpur next morning. You will reach there around 5 PM.
This is the best option when travelling with family. I always prefer this option.

Option 2: Start early around 2 AM and drive for Nagpur. Keep stock of redbull and consume 1 every six hours. You will reach Nagpur by 6-7 PM.
This was very tiring and I did it alone as I had to travel till Patna.
DDIS_RE650 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 00:26   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post

- Apart from early morning start, is there any other time window which helps reach NGP or back to BLR in a reasonable timeframe avoiding traffic ?

- Not sure if I should take a night halt in HYD in that case, any good hotels for closer to NH44 ?

I am fine few hours of night drive and am flexible on my timing to reach NGP and BLR.

Thanks for your guidance.
Hyderabad drive will take atleast 10 hours, use the ring road to cross Hyderabad as you would be driving from South to North. Hopefully you can find a good hotel to sleep after crossing Hyderabad on day1
varunait2003 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 12:23   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Are these manual speed cameras or fixed locations?
Quote:
From the images, it looked like they were mobile cameras and not fixed ones.

Some of these stretches were the ones where one could just glide at 100-110 too!
I guess they were in process / done with installation of fixed cameras. Not sure if its working now.

However, there are few spots around Jadcharla which has mobile camera. Its either a tripod mounted one with a police guy sitting on the divider (hence partially hidden) and from one of the angle looks like someone checking from opposite lane too.

In either case, would suggest you make a ~ 3AM start and reach near to Hyerabad ORR by around 9.30 AM / 10.00 AM. This way, you can avoid the camera sections before checking starts + traffic picks up.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 12:27   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
In either case, would suggest you make a ~ 3AM start and reach near to Hyerabad ORR by around 9.30 AM / 10.00 AM. This way, you can avoid the camera sections before checking starts + traffic picks up.
Incidentally, we too had started at 3am, entered Hyderabad ORR around 9:30am and yet we got tickets, first one as early as 9:29am .
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 12:29   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Incidentally, we too had started at 3am, entered Hyderabad ORR around 9:30am and yet we got tickets, first one as early as 9:29am .
Speed limit is 120kms in ORR .Beyond that speed you can get a challan

Last edited by gajadonga : 22nd December 2023 at 12:31.
Old 22nd December 2023, 12:30   #189
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Speed is 120kms in ORR .Beyond that speed you can get a challan
Not at all referring to ORR here. The tickets we got was before entering ORR and after Medchal.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2023, 20:03   #190
BHPian

Need some valuable insights - considering that food options are limited between Hyderabad and Nagpur, what would be a good place for lunch if I Start from Medchal around 8am
Old 24th December 2023, 09:34   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphukan View Post
Need some valuable insights - considering that food options are limited between Hyderabad and Nagpur, what would be a good place for lunch if I Start from Medchal around 8am
We did this route yesterday. The only eating joint which is decent enough is Vittal Kamath in Jamb about 60 kms before Nagpur. Before that all the way from Hyderabad, there were only truckers dhabas with very few or no people around excepVittal Kamath.
Old 29th December 2023, 20:36   #192
BHPian

Quote:
We too have a similar trip planned and were wondering if NGP-BLR can be done if we start at around 5 am? Is that feasible?

All guidance deeply appreciated.
Completed my BLR-NGP-BLR trip this week. I think I did too much of research before starting and ended up doing things a bit unplanned. Even though I wanted to sleep well before starting but got up around 3 AM. And decided to start early. I crossed BLR airport at 5am and crossed HYD ORR and took the exit for Nagpur around 1:30pm. Took lunch at a Dhaba there and decided to continue to Nagpur as I was not feeling at all tired and half of the day was still there. We started for Nagpur at 2pm and reached near Le Meridien Nagpur at 8 pm. This is of course a bit outskirts in Nagpur so did not face any evening traffic as such. It was a relaxed drive as road conditions are overall pretty good. Did not feel tired too much and neither exhausted. We took only 2 breaks one for the breakfast before Kurnool and then for Lunch after crossing ORR in HYD.

While coming back could only start from Nagpur by 2:30 pm. Reached Gachibowli at 10pm. Took a night halt, rested, had a leisurely breakfast, collected Mandi from a joint in Towlichowki and then headed towards ORR and NH44 towards BLR around 1pm. Reached BLR airport around 9pm with multiple tea breaks.

Overall road conditions are pretty good, options for food are plenty in HYD-BLR section but not even Tea stalls after Hyderabad till Jamb. There are plenty of Dhabas mainly catering to the needs of truck drivers and not suitable for family usages.

Last edited by pgupta : 29th December 2023 at 20:39.
pgupta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2024, 11:39   #193
BHPian

Pasting my post from other thread on Telangana fine
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post5695113 (Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries)
Old 17th April 2024, 17:35   #194
BHPian

Did the BLR-NAG leg on 2nd April & NAG-BLR on 14th April.

Please note the following,
1. Toll has increased anywhere between 15-20%, so keep adequate FASTAG balance.
2. I found some new toll plazas, a couple of them in MH.
3. A lot of flyover and road work is going on in Kurnool, before HYD and in some places in MH; so it's single lane super slow traffic.

I started from my home at 0500 hrs , reached Le Meridien at 2235 hrs.
30 min for breakfast at Anantpur, 30 min for lunch at Bhootpur & 30 minute for dinner before Adilabad in a trucker's dhaba. Another 30 min for refueling and loo breaks. Total journey done in 17 hrs 35 min.

I had read that some of us had completed the whole journey in 15-16 hrs including breaks and I had gone with that expectation but the road works slowed us down.

Also from north side if one is entering HYD flyover work is going on.

Hopefully in a years time entry & exits and roads till NAG will be smooth.

Last edited by scorched_earth : 17th April 2024 at 18:04.
scorched_earth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 18:08   #195
BHPian

In fact I had never come across so many traffic diversions in the last 5 years; so please budget your time accordingly in case you are traveling in the next 3-4 weeks.
I hope people will keep updating this thread with the developments.
scorched_earth is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks