Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2012, 12:47   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore to Nagpur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Till about 20Kms before Karanji and few more Kms after Karanji the roads are bad. Earlier when we did the trip the roads near Nirmal and Adilabad were also getting built, these were completed now.
Good to hear that. Looks like the 14 hour BLR-NGP drive I did last December can now be done in ~13 hours.

Quote:
Passing Nagpur wouldn't be a trouble
There were talks of a new ring road being built, that would start from somewhere near Khapri (7-8 kms before the Airport) and hit NH6 way beyond the current ring-road. Not sure what happened to that.

Quote:
after passing Nagpur for about 50 odd Kms the road is a single lane one (Old style) and that is a major pain if you are stuck behind a slow moving truck.
Yeah - it is bad all the way till Bhandara. It gets all the more frustrating on the way back from Raipur given the beautiful roads you have driven on till then.

Quote:
When are you planning the trip, there might be another RPR trip that we might do in Diwali.
Not sure of the dates yet but it'd be somewhere around Diwali. Will PM you as soon as the dates are finalized.
Old 27th November 2013, 17:17   #47
BHPian

I will be travelling from Bangalore to Durg in December 2013. I plan to start early from Bangalore (by 2 AM) and reach Nagpur by 4 PM.
If I am not tired after reaching Nagpur, I plan to continue and reach Durg by same evening.

With the above thoughts, I am planning to not do a reservation in any hotel in Nagpur as the decision will be on the spot.

Is it practically feasable to continue till Durg at a stretch? It will be ~ 1430 kms.

Also, what is the probability of hotel rooms being readily available once I reach there - Iam considering few options near the ORR - Sun n Sand, Pride, Legend etc. I understand that the rates I would get then may be close to rack rate on the spot.

Thanks,
Rajat
Old 27th November 2013, 17:28   #48
Senior - BHPian

I just updated the other thread (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...dition-11.html). Pasting the contents here as well.

I did Bangalore - Raipur last week, and this road is totally an eyesore. Overall stretch of about 50Kms, with one being a 20Kms fully bad road and the rest being good and bad mixed up. Essentially meaning you cannot do consistent high speeds for long periods of time.

What i was surprised is to see the toll area being constructed first, when the road is in complete shambles.

While going it took me about 7.5 hours and while returning 6.5 hours. Also because while going i was doing the 1400Kms drive without stopping for the night, hence had to pace myself. While returning i stopped at Nagpur for the night.

The road was blessing in disguise while going, as i crossed this section sometime between 12-3 in the night, hence no chance of sleep hitting me with such roads and speeds of ~10Kms per hour .

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatmakar View Post
I will be travelling from Bangalore to Durg in December 2013. I plan to start early from Bangalore (by 2 AM) and reach Nagpur by 4 PM.
If I am not tired after reaching Nagpur, I plan to continue and reach Durg by same evening.
Doing 2 in the midnight drive on BLR HYD route is risky, unless you have been well rested and have had good sleep before start of the journey. If you have not then i would recommend starting at 11 in the morning so as by the time you reach sleep hitting time (12-4) you are on the bad stretch before Nagpur, which would not let you sleep. This is if you really want to do a one stretch drive.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 27th November 2013 at 17:34.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 17:59   #49
BHPian

Thanks for the update Mayank.

Do you mean that some 50 km stretch in Hyd-Nagpur route is not in good condition? How about the rest of the route?

I plan to take good rest and start by 2 AM. BLR-HYD stretch is a familiar route. So, night drive after good rest shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks,
Rajat
Old 28th November 2013, 10:50   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you mean that some 50 km stretch in Hyd-Nagpur route is not in good condition? How about the rest of the route?
Yeah the 50Kms stretch is not good, out of which 20Kms is completly broken and the rest of 30 is patchy and broken in between, i.e. you see good road for few 100 meters and then bad patch again. Essentially meaning you cannot do decent speeds.

One surprising thing is NHAI constructed the toll plaza before anything on the road, which is sort of pathetic mentality i guess, but maybe thats the way the whole country is at this moment.
Old 28th November 2013, 11:13   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the update Mayank.

I plan to take good rest and start by 2 AM. BLR-HYD stretch is a familiar route. So, night drive after good rest shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks,
Rajat
Rajat, I drove from Bangalore to Allahabad for Kumbh Mela in March this year and drove through Hyderabad and Nagapur onwards to Jabalpur and so on.

We started at about 8.30-9 AM in the morning ( as 2 friends had to come overnight from Mangalore and they reached my cousin's home at Blr only at about 7:30 AM. We reached Hyderabad at about 2:30 PM and took the bypass and stopped for lunch there after. After lunch we started about 3:30-3:45 PM and reached Nagpur at about 9 PM. As we had to proceed to Jabalpur we did not enter the city and took a hotel acco on the highway at the entrance of Nagpur city.

So instead of starting at 2AM you could rest well and start about 5 AM and reach Hyderabad at say 12 PM and after lunch start at say 2 PM and still reach Nagpur by say 8 or 8:30 latest with decent speeds.

The roads were pretty good when we went in March this year with bad patches ( Hyd to Ngpr), but as it is an 1000+ Kms drive, I suggest you have complete rest rather than a partial sleep which could cause fatigue in the later half of the journey.
Old 28th November 2013, 11:56   #52
BHPian

The roads were pretty good when we went in March this year with bad patches ( Hyd to Ngpr), but as it is an 1000+ Kms drive, I suggest you have complete rest rather than a partial sleep which could cause fatigue in the later half of the journey.[/quote]

Thanks a ton. The timing info for each sector is very helpful. I will adjust timings so that I start after good rest, probably start around 5 am
Old 21st December 2013, 23:32   #53
BHPian

Today I came from Bangalore to Nagpur. The entire stretch is fantastic except some parts after adilabad. It intact took me four hours from adilabad to Nagpur :-(
rajatmakar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2014, 14:39   #54
BHPian

I had driven Nagpur- Hyd on 19 Nov 13. The road from Nagpur till Jam was very good. From Jam till AP border was in shambles and is a shame to call it an NH. It is better to avoid this bad stretch(about 70 kms) at night as the 4 laning work seems to have been abandoned and it is difficult to make out which mud track to take!
tomchacks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2014, 17:06   #55
BHPian

Greetings of the day!

1. Did Bangalore-Nagpur in July 2014 as a part of Bangalore-Allahabad-Ghaziabad road trip on board Seabiscuit, our 2009 Wagon R Lxi.

2. Covered Bangalore-Nagpur on Day 1.The road conditions are good throughout except the joinder of Hyderabad outer ring road with Nagpur road and the Pandharkawada section.However construction was on in full swing.

3. Bangalore-Nagpur is conveniently doable in one day with an early morning start.

4. Beyond Nagpur, we covered the distance to Allahabad the very next day.The previously atrocious road conditions of MP roads have drastically improved and we had a great run till Mangawan ahead of Rewa.However,between Mangawan and Chakghat, there are permanent jams due to 4-laning being in progress.The situation was further complicated by rains.There were lorries stuck since more than 24 hrs.It was a test of endurance for me,being the only driver as well my wife and little daughter as we reached Allahabad at around 0100 hrs.

5. Anyone travelling Rewa-Allahabad section is advised to take the route via Rewa-Mirzapur-Allahabad., which though slightly longer, shall be free of the mess of Mangawan-Chakghat stretch.

Regards!
Old 28th October 2014, 13:53   #56
BHPian

Hi All.

Last week did Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur and back.
Went to Nagpur for Diwali.

Bangalore to Hyderabad road is amazing. No issues at all.
The only problem I could see was lack of any good hotels/restrooms on the way. Had food at Prince Dhaba just before Kurnool (towards Hyderabad )on the right side, next to a HP pump. Food is ok.

Took the Nehru ORR and I must say its the most amazing road I have ever seen. Exits and entries similar to the US roads, its a very well planned outer ring road. I had to get to Gachibowli so took it. Amazingly the toll for the road was only 30Rs. !

From there on I went to Bachupally as I had some work and then exited onto NH7 just before Medchal via the Dandupalli by-pass. Very bad road. I suggest that you stick to the ORR to exit.

From there till Adilabad is very good. Of course there are lots of tolls.
But 19 kms after Adilabad, the laned highway ends abrruptly giving way to a very bad road. From there on for upto 50kms+, the road is a mess.

My XUV scraped the roads at many places. And I would say please exercise extreme caution on this stretch which includes Wadki and Wadner.

After that via Hinganghat till Nagpur, its a very good road.

On the way at the NH7 intersection at Jamb, there is a very good hotel called Hotel Ashoka. Its not easy to miss and is right behind a petrol pump.(I guess its BP). Good food and restrooms.

Took the same route back. And this time just after Medchal, took the right at an intersection to join ORR to go to Gachibowli. That 1.8 kms of road also needs to be driven with extreme caution as it has pretty huge potholes!

Car- Mahindra XUV 500 W8
Journey times:
Bangalore -Hyderbad : 8 hours
Hyderbad-Nagpur - 10 hours and the same on the way back.
FE:14.8 kmpl
Odo was always around 100kmph except on the stretch near Pandharkawda on the TS-MH border
carChef is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 14:59   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carChef View Post
Last week did Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur and back
Thanks for the udpate. HYD-NGP road conditions are being discussed on this thread.
Old 10th November 2014, 13:16   #58
BHPian

Hi

Planning to drive to Kanha Nat'l park from Bangalore and will go via Hyderabad-Nagpur.

Plan to start at 4am from Bangalore on Day 1 and cover as much ground on that day, but dont have to reach Kanha on the same day. Was thinking of Nagpur as a pit stop but not sure if 1100 odd kms would be doable in a day. Any suggestions of a pitstop on the way which is about 800 odd kms from Bangalore with a decent place to stay the night (read - not 5 star, clean room with parking)
Old 10th November 2014, 19:35   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Hi

Planning to drive to Kanha Nat'l park from Bangalore and will go via Hyderabad-Nagpur.

Plan to start at 4am from Bangalore on Day 1 and cover as much ground on that day, but dont have to reach Kanha on the same day. Was thinking of Nagpur as a pit stop but not sure if 1100 odd kms would be doable in a day. Any suggestions of a pitstop on the way which is about 800 odd kms from Bangalore with a decent place to stay the night (read - not 5 star, clean room with parking)
As you planned for an early morning start, I don't think reaching Nagpur is very difficult on day one. It is very much doable in a day. For reference, please read the previous post by carChef.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2014, 21:53   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Was thinking of Nagpur as a pit stop but not sure if 1100 odd kms would be doable in a day. Any suggestions of a pitstop on the way which is about 800 odd kms from Bangalore with a decent place to stay the night (read - not 5 star, clean room with parking)
Bangalore-Nagpur is doable in under 14 houurs with moderate cruising speeds of 100-110 kmph. The only other option is Adilabad but you will have to get into town as I am not aware of any decent stay option on the highway.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks