Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2014, 20:24   #61
BHPian

re: Bangalore to Nagpur : Route Queries

Agree with cool_dube on that. Its definitely doable in 14-15 hours if you start pretty early say around 4am. You should be able to reach Nagpur by around 8pm.
Nagpur has good options to stay and you should be able to find some good ones outside the city.
But it would be tiring. Unless you are not the only one driving. If you can manage it, its the best option.

I had my parents with me so I had to take a pit stop.
Apart from Hyderabad, I would not suggest staying anywhere. When I did my trip around 3 weeks back, I looked for hotels near Adilabad. There's only one and that also was not very good on reviews on TripAdvisor. So gave it a pass and stayed in Hyderabad.

Also driving too late after Adilabad on the high way would not be suggested. The road is a mess as it reaches AP-MH border. (Some more information here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...e-details.html)
Old 16th November 2014, 21:47   #62
BHPian

I had been to Kanha Nov 2013 and also visited Pench on the way back to Bangalore. Leaving Pench by 12 noon, we took a night halt at Nirmal, which is about midway between Nagpur and Hyderabad. We stayed at Hotel Mayuri Inn at Nirmal town, This is a decent place with good clean rooms. They have a restaurant also. When you drive from Bangalore, Nirmal is before Adilabad and if you feel it is late you can take the deviation to Nirmal town for a night halt. I have some photos of the Hotel and rooms if someone needs.
tomchacks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2014, 19:30   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomchacks View Post
I had been to Kanha Nov 2013 and also visited Pench on the way back to Bangalore. Leaving Pench by 12 noon, we took a night halt at Nirmal, which is about midway between Nagpur and Hyderabad. We stayed at Hotel Mayuri Inn at Nirmal town, This is a decent place with good clean rooms. They have a restaurant also. When you drive from Bangalore, Nirmal is before Adilabad and if you feel it is late you can take the deviation to Nirmal town for a night halt. I have some photos of the Hotel and rooms if someone needs.
Thanks, will definitely keep this as an option, can you please share the photos and most importantly, the contact details?
Old 17th November 2014, 23:18   #64
BHPian

Three photos attached. I have picked up the contact details from the web as follows.
HOTEL Mayuri Inn,Bus Stand Road, Opposite Vivekananda Statue, Nirmal - 504106
+(91)-7386972444, 7386971222, 7386971333
+(91)-8734-241919
Hope this info will prove useful. In case you get time, please visit Pench NP also. It is just 10 km off NH when you travel from Kanha to Nagpur.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore to Nagpur : Route Queries-img_5218.jpg  

Bangalore to Nagpur : Route Queries-img_5217.jpg  

Bangalore to Nagpur : Route Queries-img_5216.jpg  

tomchacks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2014, 18:55   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomchacks View Post
Three photos attached. I have picked up the contact details from the web as follows.
HOTEL Mayuri Inn,Bus Stand Road, Opposite Vivekananda Statue, Nirmal - 504106
+(91)-7386972444, 7386971222, 7386971333
+(91)-8734-241919
Hope this info will prove useful. In case you get time, please visit Pench NP also. It is just 10 km off NH when you travel from Kanha to Nagpur.
Thanks tomchacks.
It indeed looks a good option. Btw, how much time did it take for you to reach this place from the highway?
Old 23rd November 2014, 22:03   #66
BHPian

The hotel is in Nirmal town and its about 6 kms off the highway. From hotel, you can proceed on wards along Nirmal road and join NH 7 to Nagpur. We had taken this road as advised by a taxi driver and it was shorter. The road was also good though had several curves unlike NH.
Old 1st December 2014, 15:09   #67
BHPian

Just did Nagpur to Bangalore trip yesterday.
Border road about 50 kms still in bad condition. No signs of any construction work.
Old 8th December 2014, 17:38   #68
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I am planning to drive from Bangalore to Raipur (via Nagpur) later this month, with a night-halt at Nagpur. In the past I have stayed @ Sun n Sand as well as The Pride, but am looking for a less expensive option this time around. Can someone please suggest a decent mid-range hotel near the airport area so that I can get on to the ORR towards Raipur next morning without much travel within city limits?

Thanks in advance...
Old 18th December 2014, 21:32   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Guys,

I am planning to drive from Bangalore to Raipur (via Nagpur) later this month, with a night-halt at Nagpur. In the past I have stayed @ Sun n Sand as well as The Pride, but am looking for a less expensive option this time around. Can someone please suggest a decent mid-range hotel near the airport area so that I can get on to the ORR towards Raipur next morning without much travel within city limits?

Thanks in advance...
Perhaps you have already booked your hotel. We have chosen the peanut hotel. It is inside the city and we are wasting the opportunity to use the ringroad but we wanted a good night's sleep and were willing endure some city traffic in the process.
Old 23rd December 2014, 11:30   #70
BHPian

Hi Folks

I may be driving to Nagpur starting sometime tomorrow evening, around 5pm, with my family (3 adults, 1 infant). I plan to make a night halt just after Hyderabad and then resume my drive early morning on 25th.

So, two questions:
1. Which would be good place to halt for the night?
2. B'lore - Hyd roads are fine, as per the updates available and shouldn't be a problem. However, what are the road conditions beyond Hyderabad to Nagpur? What precautions should I take?

Note: I would be driving a Fiat Punto 1.3MJD, with a separate baby-sit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Guys,

Thanks in advance...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak916 View Post
Perhaps you have already booked your hotel. We have chosen the peanut hotel. It is inside the city and we are wasting the opportunity to use the ringroad but we wanted a good night's sleep and were willing endure some city traffic in the process.
If I may ask, when do you guys plan to start from Bangalore. If possible, we can all tag along in a T-Bhp caravan.

Last edited by moralfibre : 23rd December 2014 at 14:21. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 23rd December 2014, 11:45   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
Hi Folks

I may be driving to Nagpur starting sometime tomorrow evening, around 5pm, with my family (3 adults, 1 infant). .
Please refer to the below link in which member BlackBerry has attached the pics of the road condition from Bangalore to Nagpur. This might be of some help to you.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...thread-25.html
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 12:15   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
If I may ask, when do you guys plan to start from Bangalore. If possible, we can all tag along in a T-Bhp caravan.
Leaving 23 night to hyd. And then 25th dec around 2 am from hyd.. we are also traveling with a baby seat, in a white linea.
ak916 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2016, 15:33   #73
BHPian

Reviving this thread.

Leaving for Raipur tomorrow morning from Bangalore via Hyd and Nag. Anyone traveling on same route?
Old 27th October 2016, 17:44   #74
BHPian

Bangalore to Nagpur - Route Info needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by baahubali View Post
Reviving this thread.

Leaving for Raipur tomorrow morning from Bangalore via Hyd and Nag. Anyone traveling on same route?

Hey!

I drove from Hyderabad to Nagpur on 1st October. The roads in Telangana are butter smooth except for a small patch between Armour and Nirmal.

The 2 patches between Adilabad and Pandharkavda and Pandharkavda till Hinganghat were in pretty bad shape. The patch after Pandharkavda has no Tar left thanks to the rains and potholes are bigger than crators! It took me close to 2 hours in my i20 to drive past that 50 kms stretch. Rains and reduced visibility after 7 pm added to the woes.

Highly advisable to cross the patch in broad sunlight.
Old 28th October 2016, 01:37   #75
BHPian

To add to saurabh89 post (did the stretch quite a few times couple of months back), there are no major eating joints too until you reach very close to Nagpur. Once you cross the Hinganghat and on way to Nagpur there is a place where you have to turn left for Nagpur. Instead of turning left turn right and few meters ahead you will see a petrol pump, just behind that is a food court which can be a good stop point. Reiterating
Pandharkavda better to cross during day light.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks