Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2007, 14:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

The only tip that i would have is make sure you check how to get out of hyd and go on the road to nagpur because thats very confusing.
Also avoid driving hyd - nagpur at night .
Old 18th April 2010, 18:40   #17
BHPian

Hi,

I am planning for BANGALORE to NAGPUR by my Ritz in 1st week of MAY 2010.
Please advice on latest road conditions and Route to be taken !

I have two options :-

1) Start from Baglore at 4 AM and reach Nagpur by 10 PM (Same day if i dont feel tired)
2) Else, stop at Hyd over the night and next day to nagpur.
Old 19th April 2010, 10:46   #18
BHPian

Dear Neo,

As far as my experience goes, the Bangalore Hyderabad bit has improved since the 2007 times when the previous posts of this thread were posted. But I'm not sure if it advisable to push 1000+ kms on the same day. So, maybe considering one halt en route would be a wise thing

Regards
Old 19th April 2010, 16:59   #19
BHPian

Ya.. m thinking of taking a break at hyd.
Agreed !
Old 19th April 2010, 20:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

Road is mostly good barring a few bad sections in the AP-MH border. Assuming you do Bangalore-Hyderabad in 9 hours, you can reach Nagpur in another 8-9 hours, which makes for a very long driving day. This can be quite a demanding task in a hot summer day. Research how you are going to bypass Hyderabad carefully, that can be a time-killer.
Old 4th June 2010, 16:29   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45007 View Post
Hi,

I am planning for BANGALORE to NAGPUR by my Ritz in 1st week of MAY 2010.
Please advice on latest road conditions and Route to be taken !

I have two options :-

1) Start from Baglore at 4 AM and reach Nagpur by 10 PM (Same day if i dont feel tired)
2) Else, stop at Hyd over the night and next day to nagpur.
Hi Neo,

Can you post the current status of Hyd-Ngp NH7 at the moment!
Old 4th June 2010, 16:37   #22
BHPian

Sorry

Hi,

My trip had got cancelled for some personal reason.
So, apologize - no update from me.
Old 4th June 2010, 16:37   #23
Senior - BHPian

NH7 between Hyderabad and Nagpur is looking better than ever before. Apart from the first section till Nizamabad being totally 4-laned and a super-fast beauty, other sections are progressing fast (many sections completed) and bypasses to Nirmal, Adilabad towns over. The bad roads on the AP-MH border are not bad.

However, it is going to be a very aggressive drive to drive Blr-Nagpur the same day, but it is possible and I think you must do it that way.
Old 4th June 2010, 16:51   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

My cousin had done Hyd- Bangalore stretch two weeks back. As per him apart from few places around Ananthpur rest all are four laned great roads. He covered the distance in around 9 hours which included a lunch break.

So I guess if you start early from Bangalore say around 5am or so, you can reach Hyd around noon and from there as its said Nagpur is around 9 hours again so can reach before its too late.
As many said take the newly constructed Outer ring road before reaching Hyd. You can see the road crossing NH7 perpendicularly exaclty at the deviation towards new Hyd airport (Shamshabad airport). Take the road till Gachibowli (near Hi-Tech city)and from there join NH7 towards Nagpur. In this way you can bypass Hyd town and save some time.
Old 4th June 2010, 17:25   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
As many said take the newly constructed Outer ring road before reaching Hyd. You can see the road crossing NH7 perpendicularly exaclty at the deviation towards new Hyd airport (Shamshabad airport). Take the road till Gachibowli (near Hi-Tech city)and from there join NH7 towards Nagpur. In this way you can bypass Hyd town and save some time.
Hey Suhas, if one continues beyond Gachibowli (near Hi-Tec City), one will hit NH9 (the road to Mumbai). One needs to cut across (perpendicular) NH9 and continue to loop around the city till one hits NH7.

Trust me, the best way to bye pass Hyderabad city during peak hours and day time (day time in Hyderabad city is when shops are open) when approaching from Bangalore side on NH7 and going towards Nagpur side on NH 7 is : NH7 to NH 7 - Google Maps

In non peak hours (between 9:30pm and 9:30am), the way to bye pass Hyderabad city when approaching from Bangalore side on NH7 and going towards Nagpur side on NH 7 is : NH7 to NH 7 - Google Maps
Old 13th September 2010, 10:10   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hi, I am also planning trip Bangalore - Nagpur first or second week of October. Please let me know what is current road condition and byepass details of Hyderabad and other towns. I do not want to enter Hyderabad town. In the past I lost 4 hours in Hyderabad.

However I am planning to take GPS along with me. But I think exact road some fellow member can guide.
Old 13th September 2010, 13:24   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Hi, I am also planning trip Bangalore - Nagpur first or second week of October. Please let me know what is current road condition and byepass details of Hyderabad and other towns. I do not want to enter Hyderabad town. In the past I lost 4 hours in Hyderabad.
Anuj - you should find most of the details here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...itions-20.html

With most of NH7 b/w BLR-HYD 4-laned, you can easily do this stretch in 8-9 hours. I am not sure about the latest condition of the HYD-HGP stretch in terms of 4-laning completion.
Old 13th September 2010, 14:16   #28
BHPian

Hi Anuj,

I will be doing Bangalore - Nagpur - Bhopal in Oct end and same route in return.
Pls post about the route / road conditions once u do it.
Old 17th September 2010, 19:03   #29
BHPian

Hi Anuj,

I got to know following things about BNG - NGP route :-

1) BNG - HYD : Many have updated above. Its correct. (8-9 hrs)
2) HYD - Nirmal : 4 laned (Good roads)
3) Nirmal - Adilabad : 4 lane work in progress, only one side is open for traffic. (Still okay to good condition).
4) Adilabad - Hinganghat : Bad roads (Only 30-40 kmph speed possible)
5) Hinganghat - Nagpur : Good road

Others may update about NH7 latest condition, if any changes in what I said.

I guess, in next 3-4 years once all sections are completed - it would be great to see people doing North - South trips frequently with families.
Old 18th September 2010, 18:06   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45007 View Post
Hi Anuj,

I got to know following things about BNG - NGP route :-

1) BNG - HYD : Many have updated above. Its correct. (8-9 hrs)
2) HYD - Nirmal : 4 laned (Good roads)
3) Nirmal - Adilabad : 4 lane work in progress, only one side is open for traffic. (Still okay to good condition).
4) Adilabad - Hinganghat : Bad roads (Only 30-40 kmph speed possible)
5) Hinganghat - Nagpur : Good road

Others may update about NH7 latest condition, if any changes in what I said.

I guess, in next 3-4 years once all sections are completed - it would be great to see people doing North - South trips frequently with families.
Hi neo45007,

I am planning to do Bangalore-Nagpur on 7th October expected. If I go to Nagpur, I will go to Shirdi as well for darshan. I am waiting for my Safari LX to be delivered. It has been told that my car is in transit.

I will start very early morning 4 AM from Bangalore and will try to reach the Nagpur same day. Otherwise will take break after Hyderabad if I feel it is not possible. Since, many stretches you mentioned are not complete, I feel it is difficult to do it in one day.

Detailed planning not yet done as I am busy in processing docs for Safari. I would do and update this thread once I get my Safari.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks