Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2022, 17:51   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Nagpur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaz View Post
After completing the my journey here are some suggestions.
Thanks. Is the bypass stretch connecting Nagpur-Tuljapur highway and Yavatmal-Dhamangaon (connecting Samruddhi Mahmarg) complete?

I was toying between Wardha and Yavatmal. Eventually connected at Wardha.

Is the Pandharkawada-Ghatanji-Yavatmal route worth avoiding the bumpy sections to Hinganghat?

That said, Hotel Ashoka at Bori, few km before Wadiki served excellent food.

Jodmoha option is definitely the worst of the lot, so it is rejected.
Old 3rd January 2023, 16:03   #167
BHPian

Sorry about the late reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Thanks. Is the bypass stretch connecting Nagpur-Tuljapur highway and Yavatmal-Dhamangaon (connecting Samruddhi Mahmarg) complete?
Sorry I couldn't get which route you are referring to on the maps

Quote:
Is the Pandharkawada-Ghatanji-Yavatmal route worth avoiding the bumpy sections to Hinganghat?
I did not personally drive on the stretch but I got inputs from some other fellow traveler who also drove on jodmoha on one way and returned via Ghatanji and he suggested that it is excellent. IMO Pandharkawada until Umari is not bad as per my personal experience, but quite undulating, needs cautious speeds.
Old 8th January 2023, 20:11   #168

Did Nagpur to Bangalore on 7th Jan:
Start Time - 5:30 AM
Hyderabad (end of Nehru ORR) - 12:40 PM
Bangalore - 11:30 PM
Stoppages (all between Hyd-BLR) - 2 (15 mins each), 2 (30 mins each) - Total 2 hours

Few notes:
1) There was a dense fog with visibility barely a few meters on the Adilabad bypass. So, be extremely careful if you are driving this patch in early morning hours.
2) The stretch between Adilabad to Nizamabad is still the best.
3) Speed guns between Armur to Dichpally (got a challan here), a police cop hiding behind the bushes on Nehru ORR and speed gun between Karnool and Anantpur as well.
4) Heavy highway traffic in the evening that started from Anantpur. Took around 4 hours to reach Devanhalli toll plaza from Anantpur (190 kms).
5) Tank up in MH/KA as the fuel prices are considerably high in AP/TS.
6) Pandharkawda - Hinganghat section, though bad overall from NH standards, is still much better than how it was a year back. (Average speed - around 80 kmph).
niks4568 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 09:41   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaz View Post
Sorry I couldn't get which route you are referring to on the maps
This Ring Road is the section I was looking for.
Old 10th January 2023, 08:24   #170
BHPian

Quote:
This Ring Road is the section I was looking for.
Sorry, I haven't taken this route nor have any info regd this route from other sources
Awaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 21:39   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks4568 View Post
Stoppages (all between Hyd-BLR) - 2 (15 mins each), 2 (30 mins each) - Total 2 hours

Few notes:
1) There was a dense fog with visibility barely a few meters on the Adilabad bypass. So, be extremely careful if you are driving this patch in early morning hours.
2) The stretch between Adilabad to Nizamabad is still the best.
3) Speed guns between Armur to Dichpally (got a challan here), a police cop hiding behind the bushes on Nehru ORR and speed gun between Karnool and Anantpur as well.
4) Heavy highway traffic in the evening that started from Anantpur. Took around 4 hours to reach Devanhalli toll plaza from Anantpur (190 kms).
5) Tank up in MH/KA as the fuel prices are considerably high in AP/TS.
6) Pandharkawda - Hinganghat section, though bad overall from NH standards, is still much better than how it was a year back. (Average speed - around 80 kmph).
I did Hyderabad to Bangalore on the same day . Started at 1.30 from Abids & reached Bangalore home at 11.45 with 1 lunch, 1 dinner, and 3 tea/washroom breaks. A lot of traffic til Jadcherla & lot of traffic from Anantpur onwards, even a traffic jam at 11.30 in ORR due to metro construction
amit1agrawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 20:45   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1agrawal View Post
I did Hyderabad to Bangalore on the same day . Started at 1.30 from Abids & reached Bangalore home at 11.45 with 1 lunch, 1 dinner, and 3 tea/washroom breaks. A lot of traffic til Jadcherla & lot of traffic from Anantpur onwards, even a traffic jam at 11.30 in ORR due to metro construction
I feel you 100%. I stay in Bellandur and it easily took around 1 hr just from KR Puram to Bellandur at 11:30 at night. I am sure we must have crossed paths somewhere.
niks4568 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2023, 23:19   #173
BHPian

Hi Niks

I have a Blr-Ngp drive coming up. I am planning to start at 4 am from Bellandur. In your drive time of Ngp - Blr would you attribute an hour or two just to the Blr/Anantapur traffic you encountered ?

I am trying to understand how much time to budget if I want to target reaching Ngp bypass by 7/8 pm. I will be the only driver (with family onboard), dont drive aggressively, prefer to stay between 90-110 kph .

Quote:

Old 27th January 2023, 14:33   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird82 View Post
Hi Niks

I have a Blr-Ngp drive coming up. I am planning to start at 4 am from Bellandur. In your drive time of Ngp - Blr would you attribute an hour or two just to the Blr/Anantapur traffic you encountered ?

I am trying to understand how much time to budget if I want to target reaching Ngp bypass by 7/8 pm. I will be the only driver (with family onboard), dont drive aggressively, prefer to stay between 90-110 kph .
Hey Freebird,
Correct. I can say BLR - Anantpur traffic and the night time drive set me back by 2 hours during my trip. Since you are starting at 4 AM, for you there may be traffic between Kurnool and before start of Nehru ORR.

Also, to reach NGP by 8 PM you will need to be at Medchal by 2 PM or so. Since you are the only driver and traveling with family, you will also need to plan your breaks properly (early breakfast and early lunch) as there are limited options once you cross ORR and HYD. 4 AM is still a good time to start so as to target 8/9 PM.
niks4568 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2023, 23:02   #175
BHPian

Thanks Niks. Appreciate your inputs. Have done Blr-Ngp few times previously but always traveled alone and structured it as Blr- Hyd then Hyd-Nagpur-Raipur.

Will update with my notes here once the trip is done.

Quote:
Hey Freebird,
Correct. I can say BLR - Anantpur traffic and the night time drive set me back by 2 hours during my trip. Since you are starting at 4 AM, for you there may be traffic between Kurnool and before start of Nehru ORR.

Also, to reach NGP by 8 PM you will need to be at Medchal by 2 PM or so. Since you are the only driver and traveling with family, you will also need to plan your breaks properly (early breakfast and early lunch) as there are limited options once you cross ORR and HYD. 4 AM is still a good time to start so as to target 8/9 PM.
Old 28th January 2023, 10:51   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird82 View Post
Hi Niks

Had done Bangalore to Nagpur 2 months back with 2 toddlers on board.
Total time spent in breaks was about 4 hours(took long breaks to ensure kids are energized) and driving time was 13 hours.
Had started at 230am(south Bangalore) and reached Nagpur at 730pm
Be careful of Speed guns around shamshabad(80), Kamareddy(100) and Nirmal.
W@SIM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2023, 11:11   #177
BHPian

Thanks W@Sim.

Any specific areas where roads are bad ? Pandharkwada - Hinganghat section ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by W@SIM View Post
Had done Bangalore to Nagpur 2 months back with 2 toddlers on board.
Total time spent in breaks was about 4 hours(took long breaks to ensure kids are energized) and driving time was 13 hours.
Had started at 230am(south Bangalore) and reached Nagpur at 730pm
Be careful of Speed guns around shamshabad(80), Kamareddy(100) and Nirmal.
Old 2nd February 2023, 07:38   #178
BHPian

A warning. An interceptor has sprung up somewhere after Tuljapur. Was fined 2000 bucks for doing 87 kmph on an 85 limit stretch.
callmeneo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 09:09   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Quite a few queries on the route conditions from Bangalore to Nagpur that I read. Hence, prefer to provide some important updates from our travel on Jan 20th from Bangalore as part of the drive we undertook to Samruddhi Mahamarg.

Bangalore to Hyderabad:
  • Overall route conditions remain good to very good
  • Regular placement of speed-breakers between Devanahalli to Kurnool, more so around Kia motors factory
  • Lot of sections from Bagepalli till Kurnool have got a fresh layer of tarmac
  • Traffic density starts building up beyond Kurnool to Hyderabad, gets denser from Jadcherla onward
  • Speed cameras on regular spots after Kurnool
  • Time take from Bangalore (Airport toll) to Hyderabad (ORR) with breaks - 6.5 Hours - 3:00am to 9:20am
Hyderabad to Nagpur:
  • Overall route conditions remain good to very good, except the border section of Adilabad and Pandarkhwada
  • There are no potholes on the above sections as they are fully patched up
  • It is the patched up surface that is rough which will keep your speeds in check (easy 80-90 territory)
  • Speed guns from MH Border till Nagpur at regular places
  • Time taken from Medchal exit of Hyderabad ORR till Nagpur ring road/Butibori - 10:30am to 5:00pm with 2 breaks lasting 1 hour together
paragsachania is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 14:21   #180
BHPian

Happy to connect on this blog after ages.
I need some advise from our members here. What are the options to stay on NH44 after Nehru ORR. Areas that i can see on map are Medchal or even beyond.
We will be traveling from Bangalore to Patna on March 17th. Husband, Wife and 2 kids (girls)s. So the options have to be safe and family friendly. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks