Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2021, 12:42   #136
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Nagpur : Route Queries

Not sure if this is the best thread for my query, but let me ask my question.

I'm planning a road trip to MP from Bangalore. Plan is as follows[all places not listed] -

Bangalore - Nagpur
Nagpur - bedhaghat/Jabalpur
Jabalpur - Khajuraho
Khajuraho - Sagar
Sagar - Vidisha - Sanchi - Bhopal
Bhopal - Ujjain - Indore
Indore - Dhar - Maheshwar - Omkareshwar
Omkareshwar - Bangalore

Google maps show that Omkareshwar to Bangalore is via Jalna-Beed-Solapur-Bangalore.

I'm aware that Solapur - Bangalore is in good shape with mostly 4-laned roads. But wanted to know about what to expect between Omkareshwar and Solapur. Needed inputs to plan suitably.

Thanks in advance.
Old 27th October 2021, 09:58   #137
BHPian

Folks, any places to eat/refresh between Hyd to Nagpur. In my prev. drives i have not found any.
Old 27th October 2021, 10:40   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rauldsouza View Post
Folks, any places to eat/refresh between Hyd to Nagpur. In my prev. drives i have not found any.
Here are few POIs

Way Adigas, Medak

Malgudi Kamareddy

Samanya Palace, Kamareddy

Hotel Ashoka Jamb

Mayur, Butibori
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 13:00   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rauldsouza View Post
Some more from another thread where I had posted but these will be all the way till Agra

Old 9th November 2021, 14:53   #140

I am planning Bangalore-Haridwar trip aroun Dec mid. Any pointers from your recent trip will be very much appreciated.

BR/Ravi
Old 9th November 2021, 16:52   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikanojia View Post
I am planning Bangalore-Haridwar trip aroun Dec mid. Any pointers from your recent trip will be very much appreciated.

BR/Ravi
I travelled from Bangalore to Jabalpur over the last weekend - roads mostly good (over 90%). Lot of patching work has been done between Adilabad and Nagpur, so you can maintain good average speeds without much issues; except for maybe 5 - 10 times, I dont remember any major potholes during the journey.
jphukan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 21:09   #142
BHPian

Has anyone done a BLR-HYD-NGP post 25th Nov, 2021? Google map keeps showing that the trip may be affected by floods in AP specially around the Anantpur area.

If someone has made this trip recently, kindly share your experience, it would be a great help.

Last edited by agd19682 : 30th November 2021 at 21:11.
Old 1st December 2021, 11:37   #143
Senior - BHPian

There's no serious rains on that side of AP.

Only NH5 (Naidupeta-Nellore) was affected yesterday, because there serious rains in the catchment areas.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 19:53   #144
BHPian

We did a Bangalore to Jabalpur 2-way trip in November and December. We followed slightly different schedules on both the trips. Below is a trip report:

Car: Honda BR-V CVT
Overall fuel efficiency: between 16 - 17 kmpl
Tolls 1 way: ~Rs. 2100

Onwards: Objective was to not do any early morning starts, I wanted to check this option out this time around as I had time.
4 Nov – Electronic City, Bangalore -> Kurnool, AP (Distance: 371 km)
Stayed at: Triguna Clarks Inn
Start: 11:48 AM; End: 7:04 PM
Breaks: About 1 hr 15 min
Lunch: Packed lunch at Essar Petrol pump, Varlakonda, Karnataka; another stop for self-made chai break
5 Nov – Kurnool, AP -> Adilabad, Telengana (Distance: 581 km)
Start: 9:37 AM; End: 7:02 PM
Stayed at: Kakaku guesthouse
Breaks: About 1 hr 15 min
Lunch: Medchal Bawarchi (food was good, however cleanliness was just Ok)
6 Nov – Adilabad, Telengana -> Jabalpur, MP (Distance: 464 km)
Start: 8:43 AM; End: 5:09 PM
Breaks: About 1 hr 30 min
Lunch: Hotel Mayur, Buti Bori

Return: Objective was to do it in 2 days and with a plan to break it up into 3 days if we felt too tired to continue
4 Dec – Jabalpur, MP -> Hyderabad (Shamshadabad) (Distance: 800 km)
Start: 5:00 AM; End: 6:44 PM
Breaks: 2 hr 15 min
Meals:
• Breakfast: Roadside poha just where Pench was ending; Vithal Kamat at Buti Bori
• Lunch: A hotel inside Adilabad as we had some work (not recommended, I forget the name); food was good but general cleanliness not so much
• Tea: Lufyans restaurant

5 Dec – Hyderabad -> Bangalore (Electronic city) (Distance: 555 km)
Start: 5:14 AM; End: 4:46 PM
Breaks: 1 hr 45 min
Meals:
• Breakfast: roadside before Kurnool (quite recommended, you will get many of those in that stretch, select one which has lot of people thronging)
• Lunch: Chowrastaa café & restaurant

Speeds: I was doing 80 – 100 kmph in all stretches and rarely crossed 100 kmph; last year when I travelled in my Swift traffic was sparser due to Covid and I felt like I was able to keep up higher speeds, but overall I did not see any difference in overall time. This proves that over long distances it does not really matter if we do short bursts of speed; consistency matters
Roads: Roads were pretty much ok all through; there were a few patches between Adilabad and Nagpur, but most of them were patched and was just a bit bumpy; overall I did not see need to slow down below 80kmph in most stretches. Near Anantapur road quality had slightly come down probably due to heavy rains in the sector while coming back in December

So, which breakup of journey makes most sense?
- Timings: Overall time was about 25 hours in both cases, and driving time was about 21 hours both ways, so no difference there really
- Tiredness: Onwards journey was less tiring as I was sleeping 8 hours every night without the pressure to get up early; however I prefer starting early and covering as much distance as possible before the local traffic builds up; I will keep experimenting though, trying to find the right combination
- Night driving: I don’t really prefer driving long into the night and on my onwards journey had to drive about 1.5 hours in darkness on both days
- Number of drivers: If you have more than 1 driver, it makes the drive easier and less tiring. This time around my wife drove about 200 km overall (a small percentage yes, but made a lot of difference); things will only get better I hope

Last edited by jphukan : 10th December 2021 at 20:02.
jphukan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 22:35   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphukan View Post
We did a Bangalore to Jabalpur 2-way trip in November and December. We followed slightly different schedules on both the trips. Below is a trip report:
Thanks for sharing your experiences. Good to know that the Adilabad to Butibori stretch has been patched up now. When i travelled in early October 2021, nearly 60 kms was patchy and full of potholes at random places, forcing me to drive below 60 kmph.

I think you are wrong regarding distances. For example, Kurnool to Adilabad is around 540 kms and not 581. This apart, Jabalpur to Shamshabad is around 750 kms, and not 800 that you have mentioned. And Shamshabad to Electronic City is certainly more than 555 kms. Actually Hebbal is around 555 kms.
Also, is Vittal Kamath at Buti bori--the place where you had breakfast on your return leg? As you send 'end of Pench' i thought it would be north of Nagpur.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 23:02   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Thanks for sharing your experiences. Good to know that the Adilabad to Butibori stretch has been patched up now. When i travelled in early October 2021, nearly 60 kms was patchy and full of potholes at random places, forcing me to drive below 60 kmph.

I think you are wrong regarding distances. For example, Kurnool to Adilabad is around 540 kms and not 581. This apart, Jabalpur to Shamshabad is around 750 kms, and not 800 that you have mentioned. And Shamshabad to Electronic City is certainly more than 555 kms. Actually Hebbal is around 555 kms.
Also, is Vittal Kamath at Buti bori--the place where you had breakfast on your return leg? As you send 'end of Pench' i thought it would be north of Nagpur.
You seem to be right about the distances, I rechecked on Gmaps. Actually I took the distances from my Google timeline (apparently that's not very accurate).

During the return leg, we stopped for chai and poha at around 7:15 am at a roadside joint just as we were finishing Pench section and then again at around 9:30 am Buti Bori (Vitthal Kamat) for hot South Indian breakfast and coffee
Old 3rd February 2022, 10:44   #147

I will be traveling from Nagpur to Bangalore next week. As it's my 2 year old son's 1st long road trip, I plan to take it slow and do this trip in 2 days.

I need to reach Bangalore by noon on Day 2, so I plan to do Nagpur to Kurnool on Day 1.
1) Google Maps shows Nagpur to Kurnool 735 kms (12 hrs). Considering I will stay within the permissible speed limits while driving on the NH, what should be the realistic travel time between the two places? Just trying to gauge at what time I should start on day 1.
2) Any any other place than Kurnool I should consider for the pitstop taking into account I need to reach Bangalore by noon on day 2? Prime considerations being safety and a comfortable stay with family.
3) Stay recommendations for Kurnool (or any other) for Day 1.

Thanks in advance.
Old 3rd February 2022, 12:42   #148
BHPian

I usually do Nagpur-Hyderabad which is approximately 500 kms in 6-6.5 hrs. So I think Kurnool would take roughly 10 hrs from Nagpur.
inder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 12:26   #149

Did the trip last weekend from Nagpur to Bangalore.
Day 1 - Nagpur to Kurnool - 735 kms - Drive time 10 hours - Started at 7 AM and reached Kurnool at 6 PM with an hour break
Day 2 - Kurnool to Bangalore - 360 kms - Drive time 5 hours - Started at 7 AM and reached at 1 PM with an hour break

1) Even after the patchwork, there are still plenty of potholes after Hinganghat for about 30 kms. Speed until Pandharkawda can still be maintained at about 70 kmph.
2) Adilabad to Medchal is good with average 100 kmph.
3) Lot of traffic from Medchal to Hyderabad and then after getting off Nehru ORR for next 20 kms (probably with the added POI of the Statue of Equality)
4) Due to a few over bridge and road constructions after Kurnool, expect to slowdown for around 30 kms or so. After that up until Bangalore, the roads are good.

Also, there were no RT-PCR checks or speed guns/interceptors throughout the route.
niks4568 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 11:55   #150
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
Planning a Bangalore-Nagpur road trip in last week of May, with night halt at Hyderabad.

Which area in Hyderabad would be best to stay overnight ? Please suggest decent hotels on the route with car parking in Hyderabad.

Also, please suggest some decent eateries on the highway.

Rohan

Most Viewed