Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2022, 00:31   #151
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Nagpur : Route Queries

Hello Rohan

Did you do the Blr - Ngp trip ? How is the road condition ? I have heard from few ppl that both Blr - Hyd and Hyd - Ngp stretch have developed potholes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Hi,
Planning a Bangalore-Nagpur road trip in last week of May, with night halt at Hyderabad.

Which area in Hyderabad would be best to stay overnight ? Please suggest decent hotels on the route with car parking in Hyderabad.

Also, please suggest some decent eateries on the highway.

Rohan
Old 6th November 2022, 19:20   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird82 View Post
Hello Rohan

Did you do the Blr - Ngp trip ? How is the road condition ? I have heard from few ppl that both Blr - Hyd and Hyd - Ngp stretch have developed potholes
Hi Freebird, did you travel to Nagpur recently? I have a trip coming up and could use some input on road conditions, as I am driving a sedan.

Also any input on stay on the route would be appreciated.
Old 7th November 2022, 09:27   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakirank View Post
Hi Freebird, did you travel to Nagpur recently? I have a trip coming up and could use some input on road conditions, as I am driving a sedan.

Though its been few months since I travelled on this route but I wouldnt worry about the road conditions much. This is a critical NH, you might hit some bad patches but maintenance is done regularly and issues are fixed.
supertinu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 10:40   #154
BHPian

Not yet Rakirank. I will be traveling in Dec/Jan'23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakirank View Post

Freebird82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 13:36   #155
BHPian

guys - i did this drive on 22nd Oct
Started BLR at 230am and reached nagpur at 730pm. this included total breaks of 3.5 hrs (had infant and toddler on board).
at 8am Stopped for 1.5hrs at food pyramid.
1145 - stopped at BP COCO medchal for 30mins (clean restrooms)https://goo.gl/maps/DnVQ6W6pZbQQKjTBA
230pm - stopped for an hour in Nirmal town for Chicken Mandi(arabian style biryani)
430pm - around adilabad stopped for 30 mins - diaper change/Nap/prayers

Drove a sedan and roads are all good, except for the 10 km patch between pandharkawda and hinganghat which is average (not bad - avg speed 70). Note that these crop up mid way between pandharkawda and hinganghat and are short in length. saw patch work happening so maybe its done now.

Watch out for
1. Speed guns around Jadcherla, Nirmal bypass, kamareddy, Nizamabad bypass. (Got fined twice)
2. Speed breakers in KA/AP

Felt bad about
1. Single line toll booths in MH border
2. very high tolls in MH for average roads (455 Rs for 200 km stretch between Adilabad and Nagpur)
3. insanely low speed limits in some sections.

PM me incase anyone needs a particular info
thanks
W@SIM is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 00:40   #156
BHPian

Hi All,
I am planning to do a Bangalore-Jabalpur trip in Dec '22 for over 2 days. My Initial plan was to drive up to Nizamabad or nearby on Day 1 covering a distance of 770 km and the remaining 650 km on Day 2 thereby splitting the distance to nearly half. However, I got feedback from friends that are no good places to stay for a family after Hyderabad. If I halt at Hyderbad, then
Day 1 can be covered in 8-9 hours whereas Day 2 will have to be 12 hours of driving. On Day 2, I want to reach Jabalpur by 6 pm as it would be winter time & sun would set early. There are ghat sections just before reaching Jabalpur( till up to Tilwara Bridge) and want to avoid driving that section at night time, especially after a full day's drive.
1. Any recommendations for a good stay in Hyderabad close to the highway so that I don't have to waste time entering/exiting the city.
2. Good lunch options between Bangalore-Hyderbad, Breakfast options between Hyderabad to Nagpur & Lunch options between Nagpur to Jabalpur.
3. Good Fuel pump in Hyderabad. Is BP COCO https://goo.gl/maps/DnVQ6W6pZbQQKjTBA good for fuel?
4. Good fuel pump in Nagpur on the highway.
5. Any other tips & recommendations for this route? What should I carry along with me apart from the toolkit?

I will be driving a sedan. This will be my first such a long trip; have done innumerable day-long trips. We are two drivers; myself and my better half.
Old 5th December 2022, 11:35   #157
BHPian

Did a Bangalore to Nagpur and return trip on Nov 25-27 '22 as I had a wedding to attend on the 26th of Nov,

Left Friday the 25th early morning at 3:45 AM. Roads conditions till Hyderabad were known to be good. Crossed Hyderabad at 11:45PM with a tea break and Breakfast break in between. Good 4 laned divided roads till Hyd. Encountered a lot of fog early in the morning around Anantpur which kept the speed in check.
Roads from Hyderabad till Adilabad are fantastic. Looks out for speed traps near Nizamabad, I got fined for going at 100 where the speed limit was 90KMPH.
Roads deteriorate after we enter MH. The section from Pandharkawada to Hingaghat is ridden with potholes. Road work is underway in this stretch, so I'm hoping the condition improves in this stretch.
From Hingaghat to Nagpur roads are better, but there is reasonable traffic as well, so speeds are reduced.
Having left Bangalore at 3:45AM, reached Nagpur at 6:45PM with a total of 5 breaks.
Mostly cruised around 110-120 on the good stretches.
Onward journey -
Total KMS on the ODO - ~1100
Total time taken - 15hrs
No. of breaks - 5 ( Breakfast, Lunch and 3 tea breaks )
Refuel @ Reliance fuel pump - https://goo.gl/maps/LqUmpreA49xq5sn46

On the way back, left Nagpur at 2:45PM on 26th with a plan to stop over at Hyd at night, but decided to push it as we were able to reach Hyd by 8PM and we were out of Hyd Nehru ORR by 9PM.
Roads from Hingaghat to Padharkawada as usual are broken and speeds are considerably lesser here, once we enter Telangana, roads are butter smooth.
There was quite a lot of traffic from Hyd to Jadcherla with lots of trucks and night buses leaving at this time.
Post Kurnool, the roads were free again and was able to maintain a constant speed of 100. Reached Bangalore at 4:45AM with only two breaks on the whole journey.
Mostly cruised around 100-110 as most of the drive was in the dark.
Return journey -
Total time taken - 14hrs
No. of breaks - 2 ( Dinner and one tea break )
2 Refuels @ Nayara fuel pumps after Nagpur & Hyderabad -
Nagpur - https://goo.gl/maps/uMwnMLr3E59RVJGX7
Hyderabad - https://goo.gl/maps/Y3LcWSZ4hi5ThvUS8

A big shoutout to my ride, a Tata Safari 2021 Adv Persona variant, didn't really feel any fatigue after the drive. I was the only person driving throughout.
ashbhat2 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 12:31   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbhat2 View Post
Did a Bangalore to Nagpur and return trip on Nov 25-27 '22 as I had a wedding to attend on the 26th of Nov,

Left Friday the 25th early morning at 3:45 AM. Roads conditions till Hyderabad were known to be good. Crossed Hyderabad at 11:45PM with a tea break and Breakfast break in between. Good 4 laned divided roads till Hyd. Encountered a lot of fog early in the morning around Anantpur which kept the speed in check.
Roads from Hyderabad till Adilabad are fantastic. Looks out for speed traps near Nizamabad, I got fined for going at 100 where the speed limit was 90KMPH.
Roads deteriorate after we enter MH. The section from Pandharkawada to Hingaghat is ridden with potholes. Road work is underway in this stretch, so I'm hoping the condition improves in this stretch.
From Hingaghat to Nagpur roads are better, but there is reasonable traffic as well, so speeds are reduced.
Having left Bangalore at 3:45AM, reached Nagpur at 6:45PM with a total of 5 breaks.
Mostly cruised around 110-120 on the good stretches.
Onward journey -
Total time taken - 15hrs
No. of breaks - 5 ( Breakfast, Lunch and 3 tea breaks )
Refuel @ Reliance fuel pump - https://goo.gl/maps/LqUmpreA49xq5sn46

On the way back, left Nagpur at 2:45PM on 26th with a plan to stop over at Hyd at night, but decided to push it as we were able to reach Hyd by 8PM and we were out of Hyd Nehru ORR by 9PM.
Roads from Hingaghat to Padharkawada as usual are broken and speeds are considerably lesser here, once we enter Telangana, roads are butter smooth.
There was quite a lot of traffic from Hyd to Jadcherla with lots of trucks and night buses leaving at this time.
Post Kurnool, the roads were free again and was able to maintain a constant speed of 100. Reached Bangalore at 4:45AM with only two breaks on the whole journey.
Mostly cruised around 100-110 as most of the drive was in the dark.
Return journey -
Total time taken - 14hrs
No. of breaks - 2 ( Dinner and one tea break )
2 Refuels @ Nayara fuel pumps after Nagpur & Hyderabad -
Nagpur - https://goo.gl/maps/uMwnMLr3E59RVJGX7
Hyderabad - https://goo.gl/maps/Y3LcWSZ4hi5ThvUS8

A big shoutout to my ride, a Tata Safari 2021 Adv Persona variant, didn't really feel any fatigue after the drive. I was the only person driving throughout.
Is the bad patch once you enter MH from Telangana doable in a sedan? Asking for a friend planning a trip in the end of Dec towards Nagpur from Bangalore. Would be a day trip since a halt is expected in HYD.
Old 5th December 2022, 12:49   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devyaaniverma View Post
Is the bad patch once you enter MH from Telangana doable in a sedan? Asking for a friend planning a trip in the end of Dec towards Nagpur from Bangalore. Would be a day trip since a halt is expected in HYD.
Yes, doable in a sedan, but speeds would be reduced. No big fender benders, but potholes due to the top layer of tarmac being chipped off all through this stretch. The road repair works were also underway and road diversions were there in multiple places which also reduced the speed.
Any car should be able to do this stretch with reduced speeds, no doubt about that.
ashbhat2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2022, 22:55   #160
BHPian

Hi there,
Looking for route suggestions from adilabad to yavatmal for an upcoming trip from blr.

Thanks in advance
Old 19th December 2022, 08:41   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaz View Post
adilabad to yavatmal
You can look at Wadiki-Kalamb-Ralegaon-Yavatmal. The road conditions can be seen in this Youtube video

narayans80 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 10:59   #162

Hello,
Will be doing Bangalore-Nagpur this coming weekend. Anyone knows if the Pandharkawada - Hinganghat road after MH border is patched up by now?
Old 21st December 2022, 22:55   #163
BHPian

I did this on section yesterday 21st Dec. Before Adilabad the roads are excellent & some of the best roads I have driven even though there are some ghat sections. Immediately after the MH checkpost that for some strange reason passenger vehicles were also made to cross, the road conditions change a lot for worse. There are no more potholes, which I was fearing considering I was driving a sedan, as the roads have been patched up. Patchwork has been carried out where the need is to relay the entire road. The speeds got reduced and I was driving 80-90 kph most of the time. It's better not to speed up in this section even if a certain patch is very good because almost surely it will be followed up with broken roads leading to discomfort to you, your co-passengers & the car. This is very much doable in sedans if you keep your speed in check & lookout for sudden bad patches. The roads improve when you get <50 km from Nagpur. This particular patch is for sure the worst expressway I have encountered. There was this toll gate that just had a couple of barriers, one for the left lane and the other for the right lane, and a booth on either side. No 6/8/10/12 lanes, speed-breakers, dividers, barriers, shaded, ambulance, rest room, etc. The fastag did work and we simply moved on. I was not even sure if it was authentic or farzi toll gate..

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks4568 View Post
Hello,
Will be doing Bangalore-Nagpur this coming weekend. Anyone knows if the Pandharkawada - Hinganghat road after MH border is patched up by now?
amit1agrawal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2022, 23:15   #164
BHPian

We (My wife, daughter & Yours truly) did a Bangalore to Jabalpur trip on 19th & 20th December.
Day 1: 19th December
We Left home at 7.42 Am. Stopped for breakfast at Nandi Upachar (https://goo.gl/maps/FGumSSgoHrMuaGWKA) at 8.46 am. Resumed the journey at 9.16 and stopped for lunch at 13.05 at Kritunga Restaurant Kurnool (https://goo.gl/maps/eKrRHpzvF3ve5w6B8). Resume journey at 13.37 and reached our hotel at 17.29 hours. From Nandi Upachar to Kurnool the average travel speed was 85.37 & from Kurnool to the hotel in Hyderabad was 63.38. Traffic increased as we neared Hyderabad & I suppose the city traffic in Hyderabad killed the average.
Total KMS on the ODO - ~566
Driving time taken – 8:09 hrs
No. of breaks - 4 ( Breakfast, Lunch and 2 tea breaks )
Average Fuel: 15.3 km/l
Total Tolls: Rs 870

Day 2: 20th December
The next Moring started at 6.45 am. Refueled with XP95 at Indian Oil Company Owned & Operated Petrol pump in Begumpet (https://goo.gl/maps/TZNDgdWfnpAkQhnK9). We took a breakfast break at Sri Sai roadside eatery in Amruthapur( https://goo.gl/maps/NEaSNFvtL7iJZsFP8); they were serving fresh Idlis & dosas that were good & hygienic wise it was okay. It seems popular with the buses. After a couple of short tea/washroom breaks, we reached Nagpur bypass at around 2.20 pm. I had planned for two restaurants on the Nagpur-Jabalpur bypass so that we don’t waste time hunting for a good restaurant. However, the one I had decided on opens only after 5 pm so we went to the second one. Though rated high in Google reviews, the family AC dining room was full of cigarette smell & then we noticed that the place was not hygienic. We left & went to another supposedly high-rated Dhaba but that also turned out to be unhygienic. Disappointed we decided to skip lunch & started on the way to Jabalpur. Fortunately, barely after 5 km or so we saw a dhaba (https://goo.gl/maps/oGbWdBPUonjjhayN7) that was maintained well. We had our lunch there & it turned out to be good. We started at 3.55 pm after wasting a full hour searching for a proper place to eat. For some reason, the Hyderabad-Nagpur route is bereft of any good places to eat or stay. As it was getting late & I wanted to cover the Pench National park & the Ghats after Seoni during day time we took only one short tea break at a road ride dhaba (https://goo.gl/maps/vcxRtGFX8XXepacZ6) after crossing Seoni & refueled at an HP petrol pump somewhere after Pench (https://goo.gl/maps/t6GciaHtDphXNtRv7). We reached home at 7.47 PM covering 779 km in 11.33 hours of driving with an overall average speed of 69 km/h.

Total KMS on the ODO - ~779
Driving time taken – 11:21 hrs
No. of breaks - 6 ( Breakfast, Lunch, and 4 tea breaks )
Average Fuel: 16.6 km/l
Total Tolls: 1355

Toll break-up for Bangalore to Jabalpur:

Name:  BlrHydTollsbreakup.png
Views: 711
Size:  52.0 KB

A special mention for the roads from Nagpur to Jabalpur especially the ghat sections of Pench National Park. I had been frequenting this road till about 10 years back when I stopped taking this road due to the pathetic condition of the highway. 10 years back, it took us 8 hours & 2 punctures to cover this ~270 km stretch i.e., the average speed of close to 35 km/h. No Taxi Walla was ready to ferry us on this stretch lest his vehicle gets damaged; the condition of the highway was so bad. Now, the difference is between heaven & earth. I have not seen a better highway than this running through the dense forest & ghat sections. Instead of roads going around hills, 6-lane flyovers have been constructed in the valley between the hills all along the ghat section thereby straightening the roads. To ensure animals are least disturbed by sounds absorbent walls have been installed on either side wherever the highway passes through the forest. The divider, proper lane markings, reflectors, bank area, etc were all nicely done. For a moment I forgot I was driving in India. Passing through the jungle during the evening with the setting sun casting shadows on the flora & fauna was a mesmerizing experience. I have been brought up in MP during the 80s & 90s when MP was rated as the state with the worst road (we used to literally drive in whatever was left of the potholed-filled roads), I got a bit emotional with the turnaround the state has achieved.
The average speed in this section was 75.51 km/hr!

My steed relaxing while we are having lunch at a roadside dhaba on Nagpur bypass road.

Bangalore to Nagpur : Route Queries-20221220_155125.jpg

Kelapur Toll plaza after Adilabad is the most un-authentic poll plaza I have ever seen. It's just a couple of barriers with a booth on either side of the road, nothing else.

Name:  Kelapur Toll Plaza.jpeg
Views: 689
Size:  78.5 KB

The fee is Rs 100 for 30 km for a single journey by car which is Rs 3.33 per kms that is quite high (Bangalore-Jabalpur average toll rate is Rs 1.65 per km).

Name:  KelapurTollPlazaCharges.jpeg
Views: 684
Size:  75.3 KB
amit1agrawal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 10:22   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
You can look at Wadiki-Kalamb-Ralegaon-Yavatmal.
After completing the my journey here are some suggestions. All are toll free (currently).

To Yavatmal
Option 1: Pandharkawada - Ghatanji - Yavatmal (Good road)
Option 2: Wadki - Ralegaon - Kalamb - Yavatmal (Superb Road but slightly circuitous)
Option 3: Umari - Mohada - Jodmoha - Yavatmal. While this route is motorable majorly, there are some potholes. The top tar layer is worn off so your drive will be noisy due to road condition and if you drive your own car you will maintain manageable speeds which may be "seem" a slow option.

To Amravati
Take Wadki - Ralegaon - Kalamb - Pimpri - Babhulgaon - Deogaon - Chandur railway - Amravati (Superb)
Awaz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks