Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2017, 17:21   #76

re: Bangalore to Nagpur : Route Queries

Any idea about current road condition in this stretch?? I am planning to do a Raipur-Bangalore trip.
I know about Raipur to Nagpur - It's queit good four laned road with little bit of bad stretches here and there.
But what about Nagpur - Hyderabad - Bangalore.

Anyone help..!!
Old 11th February 2017, 19:52   #77
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagils View Post
But what about Nagpur - Hyderabad - Bangalore.
Nagpur - Hyderabad: Crossing Hinganghat railway level-crossing was a nightmare in September 2016. The Hinganghat - Adilabad section continues to be bad with a lot of diversions except for a 30-km toll road in-between. Apart from these, it is a beautiful 4-lane NH.

Hyderabad - Bangalore: Excellent 4-lane NH. Watch out for the speed-breakers and humps on almost all the bypasses, some marked, but many unmarked.
  (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2017, 20:00   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Nagpur - Hyderabad: Crossing Hinganghat railway level-crossing was a nightmare in September 2016. The Hinganghat - Adilabad section continues to be bad with a lot of diversions except for a 30-km toll road in-between.
So, Shall I take some other route??

I have checked this one - https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Na...19.6640624!3e0

Can you comment on this??
Old 12th February 2017, 07:36   #79
J.Ravi

Quote:
I have not tried the alternative longer right and left side routes as they too have some bad stretches. It is better to stick with the straight and shortest route notwithstanding the bad stretch. You can find more information on Hyderabad-Nagpur section here.
  (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 13:18   #80
BHPian

Quote:
So, Shall I take some other route??

I have checked this one - https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Na...19.6640624!3e0

Do not take the route via yavatmal, not worth it. Better stick to the pandharkawda - hinganghat route.
inder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 18:44   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Do not take the route via yavatmal, not worth it. Better stick to the pandharkawda - hinganghat route.
I second this. Go ahead through Pandahrkawada
Old 29th March 2017, 12:36   #82
BHPian

Need to do Bangalore to Ashoknagar, MP via Nagpur soon, with family. Will start early from Bangalore and halt at Nagpur for a night. Rest of the distance will be covered on next day.

Please provide suggestions for :
- Place for lunch around Hyderabad. Will not go into city, only ring road.
- Also any other place where one can halt for small breaks
- Place for refuelling (diesel), along the whole route.
- Hotel for night stay at Nagpur
Old 29th March 2017, 13:28   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
Need to do Bangalore to Ashoknagar, MP via Nagpur soon, with family. Will start early from Bangalore and halt at Nagpur for a night. Rest of the distance will be covered on next day.

Please provide suggestions for :
- Place for lunch around Hyderabad. Will not go into city, only ring road.
- Also any other place where one can halt for small breaks
- Place for refuelling (diesel), along the whole route.
For food and fuel, 97 restaurant is good. It is 97 kms before Hyderabad on your side of the divided highway. Food Pyramid is also good, with decent rest rooms, and it comes about 30 kms before 97.

There are a few dhabas between Medchal and Hinganghat on the Nagpur highway, but I don't recollect anything now as I travelled more than a year ago.

For stay in Nagpur, please await inputs from other members.

Last edited by vnabhi : 29th March 2017 at 13:30.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 13:53   #84
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
- Place for refuelling (diesel), along the whole route
There are many Reliance Petroleum outlets with clean toilets - where, diesel costs ₹ 1 less than the psu pumps - all along the route on both the sides of the highway in Anantapur, Kamareddy, Adilabad, etc. There is one IOC COCOO in Nagpur, opposite RBI, which is very popular with the locals.
Quote:
The Nagpur Ashok. There is one Haldiram's restaurant nearby on the same road.
  (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 10:26   #85

Recently did Raipur - Nagpur - Hyderabad - Bangalore and back trip.

Travel Companions - Me, My wife and Dasher (Pic attached).

It was my first such long road trip. So we started at around 06:30 am from Raipur, crossed nagpur at 11:30 am. The real pain in the neck is Hinganghat Crossing. It took me around 45 minutes to cross this stretch. The over bridge is still pending and construction work is going on. We reached Hyderabad at 06:30 pm and called the day off.

Total Distance - 782 kms.
Time Taken - 12 hours including Food breaks and Haults & Jams etc.
Hotel - Hotel Royal Plaza
Rate - Rs. 850 (I booked via Goibibo ), Actual Price Rs. 2300

On second day we started at 09:30 am from Hyderabad and headed towards NH 44. The road condition are just amazing. You could not drive in two digits. I was continuously driving in three digits. It only took us 6 and half hours to cover 569 kms to reach Bangalore. Such were the road conditions.

While returning, I thought to cover the whole stretch in a single day (1375 kms). At first I was skeptical about covering the whole distance in a single day but then my wife assured me and said "Dont think much, Lets do it" and then, we are good to go. We started from Hennur, Bangalore at 03:30 am, crossed Yelahanka at 03:50 am (less traffic at that time) and continued.

We reached Hyderabad at 10:30 am, a lil bit late from onward journey because of some accident happened & Jam enroute. We had our breakfast at Hyderabad then moved towards Raipur via Nehru ORR.

We reached Raipur at around 09:30 pm (18 hours in total) including Halts & Breaks.

Road Conditions -

Raipur to Nagpur - 8/10
Nagpur to Hyderabad - 6/10 (Nagpur to Adilabad is troublesome strecth only, in total 45-50 kms are pathetic, rest all are good)
Hyderabad to Bangalore - 9.5/10 Awe-inspiring stretch seriously.

All in All, it was a great trip, and I am a novice here. Pardon me for any language faults, will get better with time.

Stay tuned for upcoming trips & travelogues.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore to Nagpur : Route Queries-img_0112-2.jpg  

shagils is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 21:38   #86

Quote:
Hotel - Hotel Royal Plaza
Was it the Hotel Royal Plaza in Shamshabad? Near to the Hyderabad Outer Ring Road exit for Rajiv Gandhi Airport & Bangalore?

Last edited by aah78 : 28th October 2017 at 00:51. Reason: Post edited. Please do not cross post.
Old 28th October 2017, 10:53   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Iyer View Post
Was it the Hotel Royal Plaza in Shamshabad? Near to the Hyderabad Outer Ring Road exit for Rajiv Gandhi Airport & Bangalore?
Yes you are right. That's the one. You can comfortably stay at the hotel if the further plan is for Bangalore. Being close to ORR, you would not loose time getting stucked in traffic.
Old 24th November 2017, 07:55   #88
BHPian

Its again the time of the year, when Central India isn't very harsh on you with the Winters kicking in. So, come 22nd December and i plan to drive down to Nagpur. And from there onto Pench for some Big Cat sightings.

The idea is to do Bangalore - Nagpur in a single day. Start early morning, approx 4am, with a lunch break around Hyderabad and then reaching Nagpur by evening.

Any updates on the current road conditions? And, is anyone else planning to do this route around the same time.
Old 24th November 2017, 09:40   #89
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
Its again the time of the year, when Central India isn't very harsh on you with the Winters kicking in. So, come 22nd December and i plan to drive down to Nagpur.
Likely to take the same road from Bangalore to Indore on 14th Dec. Any suggestions pl 1

Last edited by ampere : 24th November 2017 at 09:55. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 25th November 2017, 11:01   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumukha View Post
Likely to take the same road from Bangalore to Indore on 14th Dec. Any suggestions pl 1
But i feel, for Bangalore - Indore, you would be better off taking the Bangalore - Satara - Ahmednagar - Kopargaon - Dhule - Indore route. Half of your journey that ways would be on the excellent Bangalore - Mumbai NH4.

You can break your journey at Pune (that would add around 200kms), or call it a day on Day-1 at Ahmednagar too. And then 2nd day you can have a dash to Indore.

That would be lot better than the Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur route. Plus road conditions on the above suggested route is much better than the Hyd-Nagpur section.
Thumping Soul is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks