Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2018, 12:53   #106
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Nagpur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
[b]
How much time from Hyderabad ORR Exit to Nagpur Bypass Entry?
Attachment 1756653

Amazing !!! Just over 6hrs from Hyd ORR to Nagpur bypass _/\_

Hope the roads are still in good shape. One monsoon has crossed since your post and now. I will be traveling on the same route after few days. The restaurant availability sadly has remained the same over the past 4-5yrs
Old 30th October 2018, 14:24   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baahubali View Post
Hope the roads are still in good shape. One monsoon has crossed since your post and now. I will be traveling on the same route after few days
Sure. You can refer to another update from me on the same route which I drove around a month back on this post.
This was the update from my Bangalore Jabalpur drive.
Old 19th October 2020, 20:28   #108
BHPian

Hello All,

I am planning to drive from Bangalore (BLR) to Durg via Hyderabad and Nagpur. Starting either Friday post lunch from BLR or Saturday early morning. I am planning for one night stop. Travelling with wife and 12 year old son.

Please suggest the road I should take as I see that this thread is not updated in recent time.

-Thanks

Last edited by Aditya : 19th October 2020 at 22:16. Reason: Typos
Old 27th October 2020, 16:31   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsixty1 View Post
Hello All,

I am planning to drive from Bangalore (BLR) to Durg via Hyderabad and Nagpur. Starting either Friday post lunch from BLR or Saturday early morning. I am planning for one night stop. Travelling with wife and 12 year old son.

Please suggest the road I should take as I see that this thread is not updated in recent time.

-Thanks
Hi Tsixty, did you do the trip? How is the Hyderabad to Nagpur road?
Old 28th October 2020, 12:26   #110
BHPian

I will start on 6/7th November 2020. Will update the thread.
Old 28th October 2020, 12:41   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

My close friend drove with his family a week before to Bhilai and Bilaspur in a Ciaz. He started at 0300 from Bangalore, crossed Nagpur by 1600 and was in Bhilai at 2130.

As per him, roads beyond Hyderabad remain good with only few painless diversions around TS-MH border and that is about it.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2020, 09:58   #112
BHPian

We did a Bangalore to Jabalpur trip on the long weekend of 24th to 26th October 2020. This post will provide you the road updates on this stretch.
Earlier we had planned to travel 16th to 18th October 2020, but delayed our plans due to rains in Hyderabad and adjoining areas. I did not want to travel without first hand account of people who would have traveled as I was traveling with a 2 year old.
The plan was to stagger the entire journey of almost 1500 km over a period of 3 days with 2 night halts at Hyderabad and Nagpur. I was the sole driver and we made this memorable trip on our 4 year old Swift petrol ZXI.

Total Tolls – haven’t calculated yet, but its around Rs. 2000 as per my Fastag balance, fastag was working in all the tolls
Fuel efficiency: 19 – 20 kmpl (a few runs within Hyderabad and Nagpur at night, for about 20 – 25 kms.)

24th October 2020
Bangalore (Ecity) – Hyderabad (ORR, Sheraton)
Total Distance: 574 km
Total Time Taken: 9 hours 58 min
Break time: 1 – 1 hour 15 min
Road conditions: Excellent except for around 15 minutes overall
We had earlier planned to start at 4 AM, but could leave the house only at 5 AM. For the first day, we had all our food packed and ready and did not really had to stop anywhere except for bio breaks.
Since, we were traveling with a kid and since it was a marathon trip, I made it a point to stop every 100 km (1.5 – 2 hours) for a stretch myself as well as to keep our daughter engaged. We shopped for a few new toys as well as bubble makers to keep her engaged during the journey.
Overall the roads were good to excellent with only 3 places where there were diversions in between the cities – there is nothing to worry about and those stretches were atmost 250 – 500m for each of them.
The only CCD enroute that we saw was closed, so we stopped at a hotel just beyond that for a coffee break. However I wont recommend it as the washrooms were filthy – we quickly made an exit.
We reached Sheraton at 2:45 PM after a journey of almost 10 hours – our consolidated break time would be approx. 1 – 1.15 hours, so we made good progress.

Name:  1.png
Views: 1838
Size:  109.8 KB

25th October 2020
Hyderabad (ORR, Sheraton) – Nagpur (Le Meridien)
Total Distance: 492 km
Total Time Taken: 8 hours 15 min
Break time: 1 hour 30 min
Road conditions: Super excellent till Adilabad (Telengana border) post which it is patchy with only few extremely good stretches (need to be careful at multiple places with big potholes, esp in sedans)
Next day, we started from Sheraton at 10:10 AM after breakfast. We got late as our daughter was extremely moody in the morning and we had a tough time managing her. We connected to ORR soon enough and were on our way – I was keeping an eye on the exits from ORR and concentrated hard not to miss the right exit, fortunately we were on the right track (Exit 06). After the ORR, we stopped at Priyadarshini Veg in Medchal to pack our lunch so that we could have it on the way.
We had to be here for about 45 minutes here, again not because of the restaurant, but because of our daughter Finally we were off at 11:15 from Medchal, traffic thinned down in the next 15 odd kms post which it was fast progress on Telengana’s awesome highways – you could easily maintain triple digit speeds – the scenery around also makes it an enjoyable drive.
We had lunch by the side of the road at a place called Jakranapalle.
At the last toll before entering Maharashtra one of the large container trucks caught fire on the opposite side – we thankfully made it before it became a major fire, I am sure no causalities, but possibly a traffic snarl might have ensued later.
The real pain starts in Maharashtra – advice would be cover as much as possible during the day, as at night it would be impossible to navigate safely through this road – your suspension will take a hit for sure. We reached Le Meridien at 6:30 PM and the last 1 hour was very stressful with evening time and high beams from the other side.
We had dinner at Banjara’s Chulla which had cots and open seating – it was a good meal. There are many options nearby though for dinner. It was moderately crowded.

Name:  2.png
Views: 1822
Size:  82.0 KB

Below screenshots will give you an idea of the average speeds that I maintained.

Name:  3.png
Views: 1394
Size:  15.7 KB
Name:  4.png
Views: 1387
Size:  11.9 KB

26th October 2020
Nagpur (Le Meridien) – Katangi – Seoni - Jabalpur
Total Distance: 364 km
Total Time Taken: 6 hours 45 min
Break time: 1 hour 15 min
Road conditions: Roads are excellent to good till Katangi, post which you have patchy roads till we hit NH 34 after Seoni, excellent thereafter till Jabalpur
Next morning, we started at around 8:50 AM in the morning, but lost some time as we had to come back after forgetting our water flask at the hotel – so we finally started at 9:30 AM. We knew that the road to Seoni through Pench was blocked and we did not take the Chhindwara route as I had seen some vlogs recently mentioning that the bypass was not in good shape (also GMaps showed a longer time via Chinndwara, although the distance was lesser).
We had lunch at “Shree Maya” hotel after reaching NH 34 – just couple of other people other than us and has a park area. Food was good and bathrooms decent.
Post lunch, we almost drove non stop with a couple of stretch breaks as I was feeling sleepy, finally reached home at 4:30 PM.

Bangalore to Nagpur : Route Queries-7.jpg

Below screenshots provide an idea of the average speeds maintained at different stretches.

Name:  5.png
Views: 1378
Size:  23.2 KB
Name:  6.png
Views: 1410
Size:  17.3 KB
jphukan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 20:27   #113
BHPian

I started from Bangalore on 6th Nov at 13:15 PM at Hebbal and reached Hyderabad (Taj Deccan, Banjara Hills by 9:30ish. No major stop only refuel and bio break. Kurnool only long queue at toll (may be due to State Border). All places Fastag worked smooth.

Next Day post Breakfast left HYD via city and reached Nagpur by 3:15ish. Only 2 small break, roads are good few patches work s going on.

But Nagpur as a whole is full construction zone, we stopped at Radisson Blue, missed le Meridian somehow.

Road between Nagpur to Durg was mixed back, last part was double lane but first half lots of construction and singe lane. Reached Durg around 10 in the evening.
Tsixty1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 14:12   #114
BHPian

I will be traveling to Nagpur from Bangalore with family and will halt overnight at Hyderabad. Are there any good hotels near Medchal to stay with family or should I stick to the popular ones at Gachibowli? Any suggestions here?

Also need suggestions on good fuel pumps ( preferably CoCO) near Shamshabad/ORR/Medchal in Hyderabad.
Old 11th November 2020, 15:43   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trahul4 View Post
I will be traveling to Nagpur from Bangalore with family and will halt overnight at Hyderabad. Are there any good hotels near Medchal to stay with family or should I stick to the popular ones at Gachibowli? Any suggestions here?

Also need suggestions on good fuel pumps ( preferably CoCO) near Shamshabad/ORR/Medchal in Hyderabad.

Looks like all good hotels are around Gachibowli, Banjara Hills and Hussain Sagar Lake. I could not find any around Medchal from online. if you stay at Gachibowli you can use ORR for in and out avoiding city traffic.
Tsixty1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 11:46   #116
Senior - BHPian

Good hotels are there around Shamshabad also. Shamshabad is just at the starting point of. ORR
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 20:04   #117
BHPian

Update on Travel between Bangalore -- Nagpur

25th Nov- 6 am start from Bangalore Whitefield to Radisson Hyderabad Hitech City. Reached at 2 pm.

26th Nov- 8-15 am start from Hyderabad reaching Nagpur at 3-45 PM.

Roads between Blr-Hyd in top shape except for 3 diversions.

Roads excellent for major part of stretch between Hyderabad and Nagpur but advise folks to drive on left side of road due to large potholes in between Adilabad and Nagpur which go away 30 kms before Nagpur.
Shabzhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 12:08   #118
BHPian

Update -- Road to Seoni direct is open . 6-8kms of diversion/muddy roads other than that quick ride.

Started from Nagpur at 7-20 am and reached jabalpur at 11-15 am
Old 7th December 2020, 13:17   #119
BHPian

Driving a Wagon R (1.2 version, 2019 New Model) and rarely exceeding three figure speeds, driving through from Bengaluru to Nagpur with short halts for breakfast and lunch, roadside halts for bio-break and perhaps a quick tea, at what time can I reach Nagpur with a departure of 0400 hrs?

What is a good restaurant with clean toilets that I can stop enroute for breakfast and lunch?
Old 7th December 2020, 19:46   #120
BHPian

Breakfast -- Blue Moon Highway Restaurant anantapur

Lunch -- Have it in Hyderabad city as options between Hyderabad and Nagpur are not so great.

Best will be if you can pack your lunch from home I would say.

Carry fruits/juices snacks to keep munching all along.

For restroom, please stop at Reliance petrol Bunk, they have decently maintained toilets

We carried Pee Spray and Toilet seat cover in bundles for our trip.

Wagon-R easily you can maintain 80-100 kmph in the roads.
Some parts between Hyderabad--nagpur have patched and just 30-40 kms before Nagpur the roads have big potholes. Maintain left side of the road driving and you should be fine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks