Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2010, 22:17   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post

AFAIK, Sherlock is owned by the same group as Kings Cliff. Its an awesome place in its own right, but I found KC a better package. Just an opinion
Absolutely right ! they are part of a group called :: Littlearth ::
Thanks Predator !

One more question, do you remember if KC was very far away from the Oot center ie Charring cross / Bot garden and other sight seeing places ?
Old 15th March 2010, 22:25   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
Absolutely right ! they are part of a group called :: Littlearth ::
Thanks Predator !

One more question, do you remember if KC was very far away from the Oot center ie Charring cross / Bot garden and other sight seeing places ?
KC is actually on top of a hillock. You have to travel up about 4 kms from Charring Cross by auto or your own car.

The best part of being at such an altitude is you get a good view of Ooty town from your window at KC

The pic below is taken with a good amount of zoom.

Conoor & Ooty : Route Queries-picture-148.jpg
Old 16th March 2010, 04:42   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
RJ..I am planning to hit Ooty during mid of April, I know it would be a crazy time out there, but cant help as my parents are visiting us and have to plan the travel as per their schedule !

So I extensively went thru Nivalink, HolidayIQ and of course Tbhp t-logs and I found that I might have to zero in on Willow Hill. I have even made a tele reservation for 2 rooms with the private garden(2250+tax). Also, I have a budget to stick on !

Now I need your first hand review mainly on the hotel location, as I found one review in HolIQ that Willow hill is far from Ooty which would be a concern, if its true.

Other info on food quality, service and all those would also help !

Thanks mate !
What do you mean by far away from Ooty Siva ? This place is enroute charring cross , you will find a church there and you gotto take a left before you hit charring cross. From there on just follow the sign boards to Kings Cross and enroute you will find Willow Hill.

I went there last some time in 2006 or so and the place lived upto my expectations. Was a budget stay though and I wouldn't expect all the bells and whistles that comes with a 3 or a 5 star place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
KC is actually on top of a hillock. You have to travel up about 4 kms from Charring Cross by auto or your own car.

The best part of being at such an altitude is you get a good view of Ooty town from your window at KC

The pic below is taken with a good amount of zoom.

Attachment 308306
You prolly should try this place too : Kluney Manor a luxury, a victorian resort in Ooty, The Nilgiris, Tamilnadu, India
Old 16th March 2010, 06:15   #34
Team-BHP Support

The little hearth group, definitely seems a nice place to go ! The season rates though come to 3.5-4K excluding food. But all their joins look very nice and with a theme attached. I was more intrigued by Sherlock. Any reviews? And also has anyone stayed in their farm?
Old 16th March 2010, 06:58   #35
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Photos taken at Sherlock

We stayed at Sherlock last year. Had not taken much at the place itself but gives you an idea
Attached Thumbnails
Conoor & Ooty : Route Queries-lawns-sherlock.jpg  

Conoor & Ooty : Route Queries-rooms-1-sherlock.jpg  

Conoor & Ooty : Route Queries-rooms-sherlock.jpg  

Conoor & Ooty : Route Queries-view-sherlock.jpg  

Old 16th March 2010, 08:07   #36
Team-BHP Support

@bharanidharang, Thanks. The place sure looks nice. Some times we get deceived by the internet portal. This looks good either way.
Old 17th March 2010, 15:29   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
What do you mean by far away from Ooty Siva ?

You prolly should try this place too : Kluney Manor a luxury, a victorian resort in Ooty, The Nilgiris, Tamilnadu, India
That basically I wanted to know on how far is it from the Ooty center ! Some recent reviews I found online(MouthShut, Trip advisor, Hol IQ) were totally against the staff & the services. Probably in 2006 things were different. Nevertheless thanks a ton for your inputs.

Kluney is costly and I dont have budget for that place.

Willow Hill and Kings Cliff are places that are offering prices in the ranges of Rs.2000-2500 that suits my budget. I have blocked at both the places and mostly I shall stick to KC.

Sherlock looks nice too !
Old 17th March 2010, 16:08   #38
Senior - BHPian

I am also visiting Ooty on 18th apr with friends and families.

Please suggest a good hotel near the happening place of Ooty.

I will hesitate to book any hotel which is far away from city center.
Old 17th March 2010, 18:20   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
I am also visiting Ooty on 18th apr with friends and families.

Please suggest a good hotel near the happening place of Ooty.

I will hesitate to book any hotel which is far away from city center.
Nahar hotel, right inside the heart of Ooty, superb veg food, tariff Rs.2,000+, phone: 0423-2442173
Old 17th March 2010, 19:41   #40
Team-BHP Support

@Manim, You mentioned Velan in Conoor. Are there any other places like KC/Sherlock in Conoor.

KC/Sherlock seem very good in that setting!

I guess Velan would be very good as per what you mention, but do you know of any other place? 3-4K kind of a range?

I know about Kurumba and Taj, but they are way over my budget !
Old 17th March 2010, 23:02   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
Nahar hotel, right inside the heart of Ooty, superb veg food, tariff Rs.2,000+, phone: 0423-2442173
Yes I got a very recent feedback on Nahar, Seems like a good place right in heart of Ooty, though its more of the hotel types and doesnt have cottage/bunglow feel !
Old 18th March 2010, 05:59   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes I got a very recent feedback on Nahar, Seems like a good place right in heart of Ooty, though its more of the hotel types and doesnt have cottage/bunglow feel !
That is exactly what I am looking for in Coonoor.
Old 18th March 2010, 07:21   #43
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I have stayed in Velan before but did not like it much. The hotel was ok but service was lousy and food was even lousier.

Sherlock is very near the center of Ooty (Charing Cross) and Nahar is 5 minutes away. The only thing with sherlock is that its in an incline which is a little steep.
Old 18th March 2010, 08:29   #44
BHPian

Sagar resorts some distance away from Ooty, superb view of Ketti valley from all rooms, ph:0423-2452712, 2443818, Rs.2000+/-.

(My knowledge of hotels is from regular visits for the boarding school at ketti)
Old 18th March 2010, 09:56   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post

Sherlock is very near the center of Ooty (Charing Cross) and Nahar is 5 minutes away. The only thing with sherlock is that its in an incline which is a little steep.
bharani and predatorwheelz

Do you know the approach towards to King's Cliif ? Is it motorable or does it have steep inclines too ?

Last edited by s3va : 18th March 2010 at 09:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks