Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2016, 16:44   #511

There is no direct local train that leads to Gachibowli. Here the local trains are called as MMTS you can get down at Hafizpet MMTS station and from there by an auto to Gachibowli. Yes, you can also get down at Lingampally which is the last MMTS station.
Old 30th July 2016, 20:25   #512

Re: Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries

Dear All,

Can anyone suggest any good dhaba to stop for breakfast between Hyderabad and Solapur(going via NH9/NH65) . Or any place near Zaheerabad/Humnabad,etc.?

As is evident from the posts above, there are lots of places to eat between Solpaur and Pune, but not sure if anyone has mentioned anything between Solpaur and Hyderabad via NH9/NH65. Hence the question.
Old 31st July 2016, 05:18   #513
BHPian

Noor dhaba, somewhere near zaheerabad/humnabad. Please do let us know the NH65 conditions if you're driving.
unoczar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 09:19   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachi View Post
Dear All,

Can anyone suggest any good dhaba to stop for breakfast between Hyderabad and Solapur(going via NH9/NH65) . Or any place near Zaheerabad/Humnabad,etc.?

As is evident from the posts above, there are lots of places to eat between Solpaur and Pune, but not sure if anyone has mentioned anything between Solpaur and Hyderabad via NH9/NH65. Hence the question.
There is a BPCL COCO pump with Ghar Dhaba just before entering Zaheerabad, on the left-hand side of the road. Good food and reasonably priced. Reasonably clean restrooms too. (I think someone else has also recommended this dhaba if you browse through the previous pages. I had stopped here en route Solapur-Pune and can recommend it. See Page 28 of this thread)

Although as people have suggested that the Akalkot route is now much better compared with NH9 route, then this might not be applicable.

Last edited by Paraag : 31st July 2016 at 09:27. Reason: Minor corrections and additional information
Paraag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 19:59   #515

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
Noor dhaba, somewhere near zaheerabad/humnabad. Please do let us know the NH65 conditions if you're driving.
Surething. I am travelling next week. Will definitely post the route conditions as soon as i can after that.
Old 7th August 2016, 15:35   #516
BHPian

I plan to go to solapur on the Independence day weekend.
Need advice of road conditions from pune onwards to solapur.
I am terrified reading the above posts.
I have a family of 5 travelling in my Skoda Rapid.
Old 7th August 2016, 17:36   #517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
I plan to go to solapur on the Independence day weekend.
Need advice of road conditions from pune onwards to solapur.
I am terrified reading the above posts.
I have a family of 5 travelling in my Skoda Rapid.
Pune to Solapur is a good road; 4-laned.

You will encounter some traffic to get out of Pune. But once you cross the first toll plaza after Hadapsar, you will enjoy the drive.

The highway bypasses Tembhurni. On this bypass, you will get two good restaurants; opposite to each other. Besides these, there are no good eateries.
Old 15th August 2016, 20:43   #518

Hello friends...just came back from a road trip to Pune from Hyd.Due to the heavy monsoon that we are experiencing, we decided to take the shortest route of NH65 rather than the Gulbarga route described in the above threads with positive comments.

Everything described about NH65 in the above threads is correct and i don't want to add any info already present.

Solapur to Pune : Excellent drive.

Hyd to Solapur: The route had many diversions as mentioned in the threads above but i was able to manage it quite well. I would just like to single out one strech of 40 kms between Naldurg and Omerga which was the most tiring with heavy traffic and bad roads. The widening of this part has haedly started.But apart from that i did not face any special difficulty in the rest of the route.
I was happy to see work happening on many places on this strech but it seems it might take another 2 years to have this strech on par with the pune solapur strech.
Old 18th August 2016, 23:29   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachi View Post

Hyd to Solapur: The route had many diversions as mentioned in the threads above but i was able to manage it quite well. I would just like to single out one strech of 40 kms between Naldurg and Omerga which was the most tiring with heavy traffic and bad roads. The widening of this part has haedly started.But apart from that i did not face any special difficulty in the rest of the route.
I was happy to see work happening on many places on this strech but it seems it might take another 2 years to have this strech on par with the pune solapur strech.
Thank you boss. So I think we should stick to the kalburgi route for at least another year. The NHAI ETA on hyd-sholapur is july'17.
Old 20th September 2016, 15:01   #520
BHPian

One of my friends is planning for a Pune to Hyderabad trip on 08th October. Which would be the best possible route for this in the light of current bad road conditions between Solapur - Humnabad?

Last edited by somitra1981 : 20th September 2016 at 15:02. Reason: Added Text
Old 21st September 2016, 13:06   #521
Distinguished - BHPian

We did Pune - Solapur - Pune on the last weekend of August. Started from Pune on @3:15PM on Friday 26 Aug and reached Hydersabad at 2AM (@9.5 hours of running time, 1.5 hours of breaks). Took the Solapur - Akkalkot - Kalaburgi route. Pune to Solapur is awesome. 4 laned and decent surface. Solapur to Akkalkot the road is ok but we faced evening traffic. A few kms after Akkalkot they are redoing the road and it had been raining so it was all slush with single lane to be shared by traffic in both directions. It looked a little scary for the Polo but didn't scrape anywhere. The stretch was just 1 or 2 km long. Won't be a big deal if it does not rain and during the daytime (and may be the work is complete by now). Right after this stretch we pulled over at a grocery shop to ask about further road condition, got lucky that Polo did not land into a HUGE hole right in front of the shop - I just happened to miss it. The shop owner causally showed is to us later saying there was a km stone there that they just dug up and took away . Further road was good but lonely. We got decent dinner (javar bhakri, shev bhaji, dal rice) after turning right at Aland (forgot the name of the dhaba). Entered Hyderabad around 1:30AM and there was decent traffic, in fact we had to stop at a couple of red lights at 2AM!

Took the same route on return leg on 29 Aug but it was leisurely journey. Started @11AM from Hyderabad, visited Visa Balaji, stopped for photos all along, reached Akkalkot @8PM, did darshan, drove to Solapur and stopped at Hotel Sunil a couple of km after Solapur (on the Pune highway). Awesome veg food. Bhakri, pithle, dal, rice, everything was tasty. Reached Pune @1AM.

Note: On Hyderabad Kalaburgi section, the farmers occupy 90% of the tar road to dry their farm produce! Leaving just a small section for vehicles to pass. In fact, many were asking us to drive over their stuff. I have faced this on Karad Malkapur route as well but here on this section it was just too much.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by anandpadhye : 21st September 2016 at 13:08.
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 11:19   #522
BHPian

Postjng Just to keep the thread active. Took the Pune-Solapur-Akkalkot-Kalaburgi-Parigi-Hyd route during the Diwali weekend. Started at 5AM and reached Mehdipatnam by 3PM. Solapur-hyd to Akkalkot road is in an OK state with some really rough patches, probably the monsoon effect. Akkalkot to Gulbarga is a breeze and the difficult part starts once we enter TS border . I only wish this road was as good as the one in KA. It's a narrow road and will slow you down, road widening is in progress ,though slow. However , we can maintain a decent speed. If the road condition is not improved between the TS border until Hyd, then probably it's better to take the NH9 ,as I expect the roads to get worse in the next 6-9months.

Any info on the NH9 Construction between Solapur-hyd ?
21Archer84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 12:26   #523
BHPian

Guys , I'm planning to drive to Pune On Decemeber 2nd with my brother . We will take the Hyderabad-Gulbarga-Sholapur-Pune route . Start time is 10 am from Hyderabad . As I'm planning to drive leisurely and avoid driving after sunset , can anyone suggest a good place for a night halt after Sholapur ?
Old 15th November 2016, 13:59   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujair View Post
Guys , I'm planning to drive to Pune On Decemeber 2nd with my brother . We will take the Hyderabad-Gulbarga-Sholapur-Pune route . Start time is 10 am from Hyderabad . As I'm planning to drive leisurely and avoid driving after sunset , can anyone suggest a good place for a night halt after Sholapur ?
You wouldn't need a halt even if you start late and drive at a leisure, unless you are the only driver and want to rest. If you can reach Solapur before losing Sunshine, it should be a breeze until Pune even in the dark.
If you are planning for a halt no matter what, Solapur is your best bet and not after.
Old 23rd November 2016, 13:37   #525
BHPian

Hi,

Planning to drive to Pune on Saturday and back on Sunday. Its going to be tough, I know, but there are not much options in flight tickets suitable to my planned itinerary.

Would like to know which route to follow, particularly while driving to Pune. I plan to start at 5 am max. and want to reach Lohegaon by 1 - 2 PM.

Should I avoid Sangareddy - Zaheerabad - Omerga completely to reach Solapur and take Chevella - Gulbarga - Aland - Akkalkot route instead?

I will be starting from Raidurgam.

Thanks,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks