Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2018, 13:10   #1801
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Mysore - Ooty : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Yes there is road widening work ongoing, but it's not an issue when travelling during day time.

Road deviation due to overflowing river near Nanjangaud is back to normal as per reports on another forum today. So no need to worry.
Thanks Suhas, keeping my fingers crossed. hopefully by 22nd the Mysore - Najangund - bandipur road opens very soon.

From Bandipur, planning to go to K.Gudi via chamrajnagar and back to bangalore via Malavalli - Kanakpura road; haven't heard any flooding issues in this road (though we would have to cross Kaveri near Mlavalli). Please let me know if any one has any updates on this route as well.
Old 16th August 2018, 11:55   #1802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline6800 View Post
Planning a trip from BLR to Kotagiri - Aug 17 to 19.

Any route suggestions are much appreciated.

Anyone done the NH route through Krishnagiri-Salem-Mettupalayam-Kotagiri ?

Dont mind a longer distance and tolls if the roads are good - planning to leave home at 6 am sharp.
As per latest new reports, its raining very heavily in Nilgiris district and Coimbatore District as well. There are land slides in many places.

You won't see any problem till Mettupalayam, but beyond that it will be tough i guess. Please see and reconsider if you can replan your trip, unless absolutely necessary to go now.

There was one report about landslide in Ooty-Mysore road as well, but not sure about exact place. I assume it must be between Ooty-Gudalur route.

-Ravi
Old 16th August 2018, 15:33   #1803
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Planning a trip from BLR to Kotagiri - Aug 17 to 19.
Any route suggestions are much appreciated.
Anyone done the NH route through Krishnagiri-Salem-Mettupalayam-Kotagiri ?
Dont mind a longer distance and tolls if the roads are good - planning to leave home at 6 am sharp.
Nilgiris belt is being hit by heavy rains and expected to continue for the next couple of days. May not be a good time to visit.
Old 17th August 2018, 09:20   #1804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Please see and reconsider if you can replan your trip, unless absolutely necessary to go now.
-Ravi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Nilgiris belt is being hit by heavy rains and expected to continue for the next couple of days. May not be a good time to visit.
Thank you for these updates - they helped me to decide to postpone the trip as an abundant caution.

I hope things return back to normal soon for those who are in the flood affected areas.
Redline6800 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2018, 09:46   #1805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for these updates - they helped me to decide to postpone the trip as an abundant caution.

I hope things return back to normal soon for those who are in the flood affected areas.

Postponing the trip was the right thing to do. The district administration will already be struggling to cope with the relief works. Last thing they would want is the burden of tourists at the moment.

All tourists should stay away from any of the rain affected areas. Unless you have to travel on an emergency ie you have a home and family in these areas, it is right to stay away.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th August 2018, 15:25   #1806
BHPian

Any updates on Bangalore-Mysore-Bandipur road, anyone traveled in the last couple of days?
Old 18th August 2018, 00:38   #1807
BHPian

Will be traveling to Ooty from Bangalore on the 23rd morning and I am extremely confused. I've been trying to look at route options but can't get info about the flooding after nanjangud. If anybody can clarify whether the road from nanjangud to ooty is drivable, that'd be great. Otherwise I'll have to look at Hosur - Salem - Coimbatore highway and that it is way too long. I've been getting mixed reports from different sources but nothing solid so far. Any help regarding this matter is gladly appreciated.
Old 18th August 2018, 12:27   #1808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Will be traveling to Ooty from Bangalore on the 23rd morning and I am extremely confused. I've been trying to look at route options but can't get info about the flooding after nanjangud. If anybody can clarify whether the road from nanjangud to ooty is drivable, that'd be great. Otherwise I'll have to look at Hosur - Salem - Coimbatore highway and that it is way too long. I've been getting mixed reports from different sources but nothing solid so far. Any help regarding this matter is gladly appreciated.
I also have planned travel on 23rd morning (up to Bandipur and then to B.R Hills). I have info up to Bandipur, seems like the only place where there may be flooding issue is on the Najangud bridge (over kabini river), if the bridge is closed on that day, then there is a diversion (near Pandavapura) to take another bridge which would be about 20Kms additional and then come back and join the main highway.

Also got info that the Kanakpura-Malavalli-Kolegal road is fine (bridge over kaveri between malvalli and kolegal has no flooding issue). you could take that road via chamrajngar to join Gundalpet as well.

No info beyond Bandipur though.
sknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 14:42   #1809
Senior - BHPian

Any updates on the road status to Ooty via masinagudi . Planning via Kolegal - Gundlupet route tmw morning
Old 31st August 2018, 20:18   #1810
NKN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Any updates on the road status to Ooty via masinagudi . Planning via Kolegal - Gundlupet route tmw morning
I traveled this route BLR- Ooty and back via Masinagudi last week. Roads are smooth with no bad stretches, took me about 6.5hrs one way in a small car. Was pleasantly surprised since there were earlier reports on the conditions not being ideal.
NKN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 21:39   #1811
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKN View Post
I traveled this route BLR- Ooty and back via Masinagudi last week. Roads are smooth with no bad stretches, took me about 6.5hrs one way in a small car. Was pleasantly surprised since there were earlier reports on the conditions not being ideal.
thanks for the wonderful news. Kolegal 2 lane road is always preferred due to lower traffic. Planning to start tomorrow morning to Ooty.
Old 2nd September 2018, 23:07   #1812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks for the wonderful news. Kolegal 2 lane road is always preferred due to lower traffic. Planning to start tomorrow morning to Ooty.
Just finished the drive today. Took Blr-T.Narsipura-Chamrajnagar-Gundlupet-Ooty for the onward journey. Not much traffic and could complete it in 5.45hrs driving time. Road widening is happening right from Kanakpura to Kolegal so need to be careful but nothing bad.

Return journey started on a odd note. The TN traffic cops were not allowing any private non-TN vehicles to come via Masinagudi. It was strange and umpteen requests could not budge them they have a lame reason of not being safe . So we were forced to take the longer Gudalur route till Gundlupet. Complete trip ended with 8hrs driving time.

Last edited by motomaverick : 2nd September 2018 at 23:09.
Old 2nd September 2018, 23:47   #1813
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The TN traffic cops were not allowing any private non-TN vehicles to come via Masinagudi. It was strange and umpteen requests could not budge them they have a lame reason of not being safe
This has been the case for the last few years, most weekends and holidays when traffic is more, cops do not allow private non local traffic downhill. This thread itself will have several posts discussing this. They do make an exception if you have a confirmed booking at any of the resorts in Masinagudi.
Old 4th September 2018, 00:13   #1814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
This has been the case for the last few years, most weekends and holidays when traffic is more, cops do not allow private non local traffic downhill. This thread itself will have several posts discussing this. They do make an exception if you have a confirmed booking at any of the resorts in Masinagudi.
Is it? This was my first visit after a couple of years so I was not updated on this scenario. The longer route does add a lot of time. I guess traveling during the weekday will be advantageous.
Old 4th September 2018, 07:17   #1815
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is it? This was my first visit after a couple of years so I was not updated on this scenario. The longer route does add a lot of time. I guess traveling during the weekday will be advantageous.
This is usually the case. They dont allow folks to come down. Even I went through this many years back. But back then it was more based on the current day situation. But looks like these days its more of a regularity.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks