Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2019, 16:08   #1891
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Mysore - Ooty : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
Friends, anyone traveled to Ooty via Bandipur over the last weekend?
I traveled on Feb 22nd (via Masinagudi) and 24th (back via Gudlur). Roads were open.
msdivy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2019, 05:31   #1892
BHPian

Bandipur ooty road closed.Bandipur forest is burning long and rescue work is going on. Many innocent wild animal lives gone. Very sad indeed.

There is a suspicion of vandalism as per the latest news

Vandals may have reignited Bandipur fire on Monday: officials https://www.livemint.com/news/india/vandals-may-have-reignited-bandipur-fire-on-monday-officials-1551102901586.html

Last edited by Aditya : 26th February 2019 at 07:52. Reason: Latest news added; deleting pics
Old 1st March 2019, 14:01   #1893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartikBN View Post
Hey Goandude, you mentioned about taking the Kanakapura road to Mysore ORR, how bad are the roads? I stay close to NICE road and thinking of taking the Kanakapura Road to Mysore, I drive a city and only concerned about road clearance. Thanks.
KNP road shouldn't be much of a problem. OTOH the speed breakers of the Mysore road could give your City a belly rub
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2019, 16:24   #1894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
KNP road shouldn't be much of a problem. OTOH the speed breakers of the Mysore road could give your City a belly rub
Thanks. I took the Mysore Road. Left at about 6am. I've put spacers for my shocks. So the belly doesn't touch much unless the car is super loaded. I'm in Wayanad as we speak and roads are nice. Will write up how the roads are once I'm back.
KartikBN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 18:53   #1895
BHPian

Has anyone taken Ooty-Salem-Krishnagiri -Bangalore route ? Is it worth taking this route over the usual Ooty-Gudlur-Mysore-Bangalore?
I am in Ooty right now and am scheduled to reach Bangalore tomorrow. I dread the Mysore - Bangalore journey tomorrow as it's a government holiday.
Old 3rd March 2019, 19:27   #1896
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
I am in Ooty right now and am scheduled to reach Bangalore tomorrow. I dread the Mysore - Bangalore journey tomorrow as it's a government holiday.
This is definitely a good route maybe a tad longer, could be worth it to avoid Mysore route.
I hope you meant this route -> Ooty-Mettupalayam-Annur-Avinashi-Join NH 544/47-Salem-Join NH 44/7-Krishnagiri-Bangalore

Last edited by NPV : 3rd March 2019 at 19:33.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 20:10   #1897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
This is definitely a good route maybe a tad longer, could be worth it to avoid Mysore route.
I hope you meant this route -> Ooty-Mettupalayam-Annur-Avinashi-Join NH 544/47-Salem-Join NH 44/7-Krishnagiri-Bangalore
Do this only of you are prepared to leave Ooty early. I decided to take this route post breakfast leaving Ooty at 10:00 and it was a nightmare to get from Mettupalayam to the toll gate on the Avanashi road. The traffic made Bangalore look like a sane city. In all it took me about 11hrs to get back to Bangalore from Ooty on a weekday!!

I would take the regular route to Mysore and take the Kanakpura road back to Bangalore. Road widening is happening in places, but a lot less traffic to deal with.
keroo1099 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 20:29   #1898
BHPian

Planning to go to Ooty during mid May with family. Any good recommendations for resorts in or around Ooty ?

Already booked train ride from Ooty to Conor and should prefer to stay in or around Ooty for that reason. Searched a lot in Trip advisor but reviews makes me confused. My budget is around 5K and any recommendation is highly welcome
Old 9th March 2019, 13:35   #1899
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNayak View Post
Planning to go to Ooty during mid May with family. Any good recommendations for resorts in or around Ooty ?

Already booked train ride from Ooty to Conor and should prefer to stay in or around Ooty for that reason. Searched a lot in Trip advisor but reviews makes me confused. My budget is around 5K and any recommendation is highly welcome

Two months back my friend stayed in "Mount 'n' Mist", he was happy with this place. This is located on the Kalhatty Ghats.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2019, 19:03   #1900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Just so you know, in summer season, it will be super crowded in Ooty everywhere. Parking, Nilgiris Mountain Train queues (even with booked tickets), Restaurants, sight seeing places, rest rooms, phew!. So plan your timings to accommodate the delays well in advance.

The best is to stay in outskirts of Ooty instead of in the town itself for above said reasons.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2019, 07:16   #1901
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I had stayed at Greenleaves ,The Country Side Inn last year. This is 8 km outside of Ooty and they charged around 5K per room per day. It is a small homestay like accomodation inside a tea estate with 5 rooms if I remember correctly. I booked via goibibo. But being away from main town it was extremely soothing and with 0 noise pollution.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2019, 21:47   #1902
BHPian

Thanks a lot Arun Josie and rajivtelang for your recommendations. I checked out these two hotels and found them to be really good. I was about to book one of them but got really good deal online for Sinclairs Retreat which is around 10 KMs from Ooty. So i went ahead and booked the same.

@Ravib, thanks for your suggestion. Indeed Ooty becomes crowded during summer vacation as I had one gone during the same time around 3 Yrs back. Planning to hire local cab for the visit around Ooty which would help to some extent. Last time we did the same and I must say we saved lot of time because the driver knew lots of short cuts. Also I was surprised to see huge traffic jams in Ooty
SNayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2019, 16:21   #1903
BHPian

Is the Bandipur - Masinagudi route open after the recent fire? I am planning a drive on this weekend through Masinagudi.
Old 21st March 2019, 16:44   #1904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykal shoemaker View Post
Is the Bandipur - Masinagudi route open after the recent fire? I am planning a drive on this weekend through Masinagudi.
Yes, it is. My friend had driven to Ooty last Tuesday. However, he was not allowed to use the Sigur Ghat road while coming back to Mysore.
Old 27th March 2019, 03:03   #1905
Distinguished - BHPian

Which is a better route to go to Ooty from Whitefield, should i take the mysore one or salem one. Also which has lesser hair pin bends, i have heard the one from bandipur has quite a bit of hair pin bends.

Quote:
Thanks a lot Arun Josie and rajivtelang for your recommendations. I checked out these two hotels and found them to be really good. I was about to book one of them but got really good deal online for Sinclairs Retreat which is around 10 KMs from Ooty. So i went ahead and booked the same.

@Ravib, thanks for your suggestion. Indeed Ooty becomes crowded during summer vacation as I had one gone during the same time around 3 Yrs back. Planning to hire local cab for the visit around Ooty which would help to some extent. Last time we did the same and I must say we saved lot of time because the driver knew lots of short cuts. Also I was surprised to see huge traffic jams in Ooty
Booked the same hotel, i hope your stay was pleasant, and thanks for the tips, i will also probably roam around in taxi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks